The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

地球連邦の制式採用機。イノベイターを名乗るイノベイドから得た技術を積極的に採用したことで、大幅な性能アップを果たしている。また、アロウズのスキャンダルによって後継機が製造されなかったアヘッド系の技術も組み込まれており、肩の推進器などにその特徴が見られる。その性能は高く、ガンダムに匹敵する。現在、主力機として量産が進められている。汎用機であり、ミッションに合わせ各種装備変更が可能。

Its the text from the GN-X IV website profile. Shold be similar or same with the magazine I guess.

But upon autotranslating this, its suppose to say something about its power being very close to a Gundam or something.

Then again, I swear I've heard that before regarding the GN-X IVs so it wont be anything new maybe. But still slightly curios.
Arsarcana

AnimeMun wrote:
Majin Tenshi wrote:So I've been looking over the new brave image, and I can't figure something out. There is a long, blade-like shape between the legs when transformed that I can't find in the MS mode.
No clue but if I had to guess it may be something to do with either the legs or the rifle looking at it
Nahh, I took a look at the trailer again (where I missed seeing the cannons on Graham's Brave binders the first time) and it definitely detaches that section when going from MA to MS. If I had to guess I'd say it's a particle tank so the suit doesn't have to run down its own particle generation capabilities just to get to the battle area. Looks streamlined for atmospheric work too. Anyhow, whatever it is it's ditched in MS mode so there's nothing to find. I was wondering about that at first myself.
Shores

Arsarcana wrote:
AnimeMun wrote:
Majin Tenshi wrote:So I've been looking over the new brave image, and I can't figure something out. There is a long, blade-like shape between the legs when transformed that I can't find in the MS mode.
No clue but if I had to guess it may be something to do with either the legs or the rifle looking at it
Nahh, I took a look at the trailer again (where I missed seeing the cannons on Graham's Brave binders the first time) and it definitely detaches that section when going from MA to MS. If I had to guess I'd say it's a particle tank so the suit doesn't have to run down its own particle generation capabilities just to get to the battle area. Looks streamlined for atmospheric work too. Anyhow, whatever it is it's ditched in MS mode so there's nothing to find. I was wondering about that at first myself.
I am willing to bet anyone anything that one of those hits Patrick's machine. I'm almost sure of it.
Wingnut

Continuing with the official site updates, for the Brave: マスラオから発展した地球連邦の制式採用機。現在は実証試験の段階にある。元ユニオンとAEUの技術者が中心となって完成させた機体。両陣営で採用されていた機体の特徴である可変機構を踏襲しており、多彩な運用が可能である。一般機は、擬似太陽炉を一基搭載するが、グラハムの機体は、擬似太陽炉を二基搭載する。

Washed through the online translator, it confirms the linage to the Masurao and as evidenced by the name, it still in the demonstration stage. It also says it was built by techs from both the Union and AEU and retains charastics of both machines from those nations (Flag and Enact respectively). Finally it confirms our speculations that the standard version has only one GN drive while Graham's has two.
SonicSP wrote:But upon autotranslating this, its suppose to say something about its power being very close to a Gundam or something.

Then again, I swear I've heard that before regarding the GN-X IVs so it wont be anything new maybe. But still slightly curios.
It also hints that it is intended to replace the Ahead due to its stigma as an A-LAWS machine and the GN-X IV is intended to be as powerful or more so than the Ahead, hopefully rivaling the power of a Celestial Being Gundam.

At least that's what I can conclude from what the translator tells me.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SonicSP

Non-Movie Related

Gundam Avalanche Exia' [' is pronounced as dash]

http://h.imagehost.org/0480/10116934k3.jpg

From what I've heard, it has a new mode added in. The High Mobility Mode which gives it high mobility and thrust in all directions and not just one.

Have not heard anything about High Speed Mode but this is probably Avalanche's old dash speed feature in one direction. The Avalanche Exia ' is also the predecessor of the the GN Arms.

The Avalanche's GN Claw can generate a beam saber it seems, like Arche.

----------

00P Special Edition 3 Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F'

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0737/Dengeki_1008_106
http://h.imagehost.org/0042/Dengeki_1008_107.jpg
http://h.imagehost.org/0944/Dengeki_1008_108.jpg
http://h.imagehost.org/0242/Dengeki_1008_109.jpg
http://h.imagehost.org/0054/Dengeki_1008_110.jpg
http://h.imagehost.org/0952/Dengeki_1008_111.jpg
http://h.imagehost.org/0839/Dengeki_1008_112.jpg
http://h.imagehost.org/0751/Dengeki_1008_113.jpg

mike_s_6 wrote:"Red Avalanche"

Hanayo detected an odd energy stream flowing on the moon. Hanayo advices Fon that there is a big chance that it is a trap for him, but Fon says, "I will go to confirm if it's a trap" and sorties in the Avalanche Astrea F Dash. Two MA Empruss mass production types attack him. Fon shakes free from the enemy, and the Astrea entered into the moon base. But not soon after, there was a huge energy reaction that appeared from the moon base. The moon base explodes. "I can stand a few seconds of the explosion," and Fon pushes on in the explosion. The two Empruss waiting outside were completely pierced [by Fon or the explosion is not clear to me].

A few hours later, the Avalanche Astrea F Dash safely returned. Hanayo asks Fon, "Why did you go even if you knew it was a trap?". Fon replies, "Because it was a trap set for me. In short, it was something made so that I won't get bored. I couldn't not answer the invitation." Hanayo could not understand why Fon was laughing, but she pitied the enemies who tried to trap him.
Pic credits goes to Homeless, translation credits goes to mike_s_6

Avalanche Astraea Type F' looks pretty good. Also seems to use Exia's weapons including the GN Sword. And it appears to have Condensers too it seems. Although I personally think that using Exia's cone would have fitted and completed the Exia theme more. The custom model looks nice as well.
ZeroBusterXX

Okay, so I know Fon's new Astrea is just the black copy, but where did the Avalanche equipment for it come from? Did he just raid some old CB warehouse or something?

And just to ask, why does Hanayo look different?
SonicSP

Not sure exactly, its certainly not the first time Fon has been seen to just have 3rd Gen weaponry as he also possesses the GN Pistols, GN Handmissiles and even the newly developed GN Hammer. So while Fon runs a solo operation, he probably does indeed meet with CB from time to time at some point especially since the GN Hammer is a more recent developement.

Hanayo is just an avatar I guess, so maybe that's why she looks different. Although truth be told I do not pay much attention to her looks, just going by what you said. I'm not sure whether she's in a biological body or not at the moment, have not been keeping track.

Astraea F's mask looks so cool with the eyes glowing inside it, like some superhero mecha.

lols at Empruss firing a pink beam. This month's color consistancy is a but off, 00I has Astraea F and 1.5 Gundam emitting pink particles literally.
Symbolhime

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2682 ... 583516.jpg

What's going on here?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6581 ... 101795.jpg

TWIN HARO SYSTEMU

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7005 ... 141167.jpg

So I'm guessing either they're hiding a whole other lineart sheet, or this is all the MSes we're getting in the movie. Hm.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
plau

That's probably the 00 Gundam with 2 GN particle storage tanks.
Patrick Lau <ZGMF-X20A>
Knights of the Round
Shinji_Shinigami

Well mabye we get some 00 on Duracell action provided by Lasse who will in the end curse his limited fighting capabilitys .....again.

but since there are two batteries i suppose it would hold longer than the 0.
I just wonder where the point in the 0-Raiser is and who would deliver it :P

to bad the last picture is not all to sharp....
SonicSP

Not necessarily, 00 is much more of a particles guzzler than the 1st Gen 0 Gundam.

As for the 0 Raiser, it provides 00 with more powerful thrusters and has a a sensor system that is strongest in any MS in S2 [according to its manual].

That's the usual equipment argument anyways. With lacking of a Twin Drive [or for that matter, any GN Drive presumably], I'm not sure how 00 is going to go high spec at all. A two Drive-Condenser 00 can only go Trans-Am for 0.03 seconds, it was a very powerful 0.03 seconds [enough for Innovator Setsuna to eliminate a grunt] but it was still short by any standards.

Interestingly, the 00 Seven Sword G in 00V Senki it seems actually still require the stabilizer equipment used in 0 Raiser for whatever reason. In the case of the Seven Sword G, said equipment was attached to the GN Buster Sword II according to 00V Senki Chapter One.
Shinji_Shinigami

Interestingly, the 00 Seven Sword G in 00V Senki it seems actually still require the stabilizer equipment used in 0 Raiser for whatever reason. In the case of the Seven Sword G, said equipment was attached to the GN Buster Sword II according to 00V Senki Chapter One.
which means that actually the riser was not necessary, since the whole equipment would have fit into a giantic sword.....

so the only choice was higher sensor range, or higher fighting capabilitys......
hmm to bad they never upgraded the sword in S2
Arsarcana

Not exactly. The 7/G didn't have the TDS and hence the huge particle output that caused all the problems for the Raiser-less 00. Without that, we can't say that the Raiser equipment on a fully functioning 00 could be condensed to such a small size. However, that would have been a useful test for minaturizing the stabilization systems, to the point that the 00Q could handle the full output of the TDS without all the bulk. That, plus 00Q was built after CB knew what the issues were so they probably made adjustments to the frame as well as to the stabilization equipment.

On an unrelated matter, does anyone have a bigger picture of this? It's the latest Kuroda article but the picture is small and the text I presume is accompanying it isn't shown.
Calubin_175

It seems like anything that hails from the 0 Gundam/Astraea lineage are prone to being recycled. This also includes their weapon variants, the Avalanche Dash and 7s/G.
SonicSP

Regarding this new resurface of a 00 Raiser Repair:

Interestingly, I recall the PG 00 Raiser manual saying something like the 0 Raiser can act as a refueling jet of some sort to other MS. A special section of it was dedicated for this recharging purpose. Perhaps..........there is a chance that the same can be done here but for the repaired 00 instead instead of another Driveless Support Machine? It may explain why 0 Raiser is here.

Maybe it can even be done in reverse, as in special section originally designed to give particles to other MS can be used to take particles from them and then the the usual connection slot on the 00 is used to give particles to 00 instead of taking it. The original design was probably to take particles from 00 and give it to other support Machines.

I wonder if 00 Qan[t] is a suitable candidate for this leech source due to it having the Twin Drive System? It should be able to give a lot of particles for itself while the other Gundams are more reliant on their particle supplies. But it would good to design it to be compatible with most of their Gundams due to circumstances purposes.

This feature probably was not useful last time due to the importance of the 0 Raiser to act as a stabaliser and control system for 00 Gundam's Twin Drive, but presumably that this repaired 00 Raiser is a support machine that does not have any GN Drives [like the 00 Seven Sword/G's second testing in 00V Senki 4] than it may be a possible reason on a possible benefit of the 0 Raiser being here, other than just a more powerful thruster and sensor system of course.
Shinji_Shinigami

well would make sense that the 0-raiser was given a function as a refuelling plane.

with this they would have a fifth gundam up their sleeves, this time even capable of doing more serious dammage.
Hopefully we will really see this in the movie, and that it is not just a sidestory material.

But it would at least fullfill some gundam cliché.
Usually when the main character gets a new gundam, his last gundam is given to a secondary character....

hasn't happend so far but with this maybe...
Heecarl_Reez

On an unrelated matter, does anyone have a bigger picture of this? It's the latest Kuroda article but the picture is small and the text I presume is accompanying it isn't shown.
Here, got it from mike_s_6 site, along with the translation of the text. Let me copy paste it...
Well then, this time I introduce Tieria's machine, the Raphael Gundam. His first machine Virtue, casts off (Nadleeh). The next one, Seravee, has a face at the back which transforms (Seraphim)... And now we've run out of ideas! Just kidding. We cooperated with Yanase who is the designer. And because there is a hidden gimmick prepared, please look forward to it. By the way, Raphael was created with Mizushima's strong orders. If you look closely at the design, doesn't it resemble an MS that appeared in the TV series? The truth is, this machine is certainly... (examines) ... in Celestial Being... Super censored! I can't write any more! Till next issue!
SniperBlade

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:well would make sense that the 0-raiser was given a function as a refuelling plane.

with this they would have a fifth gundam up their sleeves, this time even capable of doing more serious dammage.
Hopefully we will really see this in the movie, and that it is not just a sidestory material.

But it would at least fullfill some gundam cliché.
Usually when the main character gets a new gundam, his last gundam is given to a secondary character....

hasn't happend so far but with this maybe...
I'd say maybe Feldt or Saji, OH SNAP SPECULATION! FLEE!

I would be suprised to see Celestial Being use one of there Gundams as a mobile fuel tank, maybe for once the Gundams have burnt out on Trans-am they could be refueled to get back into combat.
Wingnut

Why is refueling even considered for the CB Gundams at all? Trans-Am is the only thing that comes close to making any of them run out of "fuel" and even that us replenished by the drive quickly enough that by the time a ship with more particles could launch and get out to the Gundam, the GN drive would have already replenished the particles used in Trans-Am anyway.

It's a pointless concept where true drives are concerned. And even with Tau drives you'd be better off having a vehicle come along with a spare Tau drive to plug in and replace the old one that the mobile suit could just jettison away rather than some kind of tanker.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SonicSP

GN Drive machines would not need it of course, but the ability to transfer particles to other machines seem very useful to me when applied to support machines like the standalone GN Arms, or GN Archer if Arios is absent, or Seravee when Seraphim is absent. While Celestial Being never got around to building *that* many support machines their lack of GN Drives mean that if they want to have more forces they have to rely on Drive-Condensers [my personal unofficial term for high capacity Condenser that can substitute a GN Drive; just to separate it from normal Condensers].

While the GN Archer and Seravee are meant to have Drive partners that recharge them, in the scenario that they are separated or unavailable it allow 00 and its large particle output to come and save the day. Considering the large Drive output of the 00, the amount of particles these lesser machines need would really be not much of a hassle for the large output 00 to provide a short recharge if such a situation is needed. This method I'm guessing would be useful if CB ever planned to use more Drive-Condensers machines [They even had the SEM thing planned with three Drive-Condenser MS partnered to one Drive partner.......], like they did for the 0 Gundam ACD for a short while.

Anyways, here's the transcript from the PG 00 Raiser manual by mike_s_6. The mention is simply short but its there nonetheless. I did not thought much of it but I got reminded of it after seeing this new 00 Raiser that may possibly run off Condensers like the 00 [Repair] Seven Sword/G

--------------------------------------------------------

PG 1/60 00 Raiser manual; 0 Raiser section

Page 9

Development Story section:

多様なミッションの対応

ラグランジュ3の秘密ファクトリー内で開発された本機は、ガンダムは対応出来ないミッションにあたる。そのため多種多様なオプション装備や、実験的システムを搭載している。実戦では運用される機会はなかったが機首後部にあるハッチ内には、多目的GNコンデンサーがあり、他の機体に粒子供給することも可能である。なお、このハッチは、メンテナンス用でもあり、機体状態を示すモニターを内部に持つ。

Correspondence [or Support] for Diverse Missions

This machine which was developed in the secret Lagrange 3 factory, is set out to missions which the Gundam can not deal with. For that reason, it is loaded with a great variety of optional equipment, and experimental systems. There was no chance to use this machine for actual combat, but there is a multi-purpose GN Condenser in the hatch at the rear of the nose, and it is possible for it to provide particles to other machines. Furthermore, the hatch can also be used for maintenance: It has a monitor inside that shows the current status of the machine.