The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Symbolhime

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

So there's two colours of GNX-IV.

I'm guessing because of the colour of the brave, the green one is allied with them, and the dark one is the antagonist. Or Graham's Braves are antagonists, who knows.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
SniperBlade

I'd like to point out that Grahams has no GN drive cone on its back, while the green one does. It shows on his hip thrusters a GN drive Tau cone like object in the center, further helping my Twin Drive system theory but then again it still might not be a Twin drive system.
Dark Duel

Yeah, I did notice that - Graham's Brave Commander Type has a Masurao-tyle GN Condenser on its back, whereas the Standard Type has a single Drive cone on its back and GN condensers in its hip binders.
I also noticed that the ST has mismatched head antennae like the original Union Flag, whereas Graham's CT has two large, OverFlag-style antennae and sports a little Gundam-style goatee. Also its binders are a little longer than the Brave ST's.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
krullnar

How is the blue one a command type its not red nor does it have a horn really now.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Newtype87

krullnar wrote:How is the blue one a command type its not red nor does it have a horn really now.
Nope, it doesn't have a horn: it has two of them. :wink:

Hm. I really like the GN-XIV: it's like a simplified Superbia, and it feels like more of an advancement than the GN-X to the GN-XIII. As for the Brave… not too sure about the name, but I like the next-gen Flag/perfected Masurou/Susanoo feel to it.

Actually, I suspect there won't be many red-painted machines in the AD-verse for a while: they'll bring up bad memories of A-LAWS in the populace.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
AnimeMun

Newtype87 wrote:
krullnar wrote:How is the blue one a command type its not red nor does it have a horn really now.

Hm. I really like the GN-XIV: it's like a simplified Superbia, and it feels like more of an advancement than the GN-X to the GN-XIII. As for the Brave… not too sure about the name, but I like the next-gen Flag/perfected Masurou/Susanoo feel to it.

Actually, I suspect there won't be many red-painted machines in the AD-verse for a while: they'll bring up bad memories of A-LAWS in the populace.

Not to mention Trans-Am, which Graham's suit will more than likely use, then you can see your red commander type.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Newtype87

AnimeMun wrote:
Newtype87 wrote:

Not to mention Trans-Am, which Graham's suit will more than likely use, then you can see your red commander type.
And have it move three times as fast! Now all we need Graham to do is act somewhat disturbingly around a young woman and we've got the Char royal flush!
AnimeMun

Newtype87 wrote: And have it move three times as fast! Now all we need Graham to do is act somewhat disturbingly around a young woman and we've got the Char royal flush!
So THATS why the Nena clone is hanging around Billy..... To give Graham a chance to be a full Char.... or does he do that around Feldt and freak out when she shows that she loves Setsuna. Alright skirting too close to the Anime category here. Back to the suits.

Next thing we should probably wonder is if any of the other machines are gonna sport Trans-Am other than the fantastic four and Graham. The Gadelazza might seeing as it is an Innovator type, I don't think the feddies would put such a costly system into their mainline units either. Unless they somehow fixed the drive breakdown problem with the early version. That actually comes to another good question that has probably already been asked. We already know that the Taus crash post Trans-Am, we've seen the physical evidence of this in the limited Setsuna/Bushido battles and with Reborns. What I am wondering is what exact part breaks in those drives and what prevents the same part from breaking in the original Solar Furnaces?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Arsarcana

Is it just me or does Graham's Brave look like it has the same slits on the binders as the rifle does, suggesting some sort of dual-function? Actually, the fins on the top of the binders are also a bit bigger on his model. Also, anyone else wonder if the little spikes on the sides of the shoulders mean the design shares the Masurao/Susanowo's GN Field?
AnimeMun wrote:So THATS why the Nena clone is hanging around Billy..... To give Graham a chance to be a full Char....
Nah, Graham seems to have ditched the mask (and the attendant samurai-theming of his unit) and you can't be a full Char without the mask. Plus, Nena and her lookalike are too old to be loli-bait.
Wingnut

Arsarcana wrote:Is it just me or does Graham's Brave look like it has the same slits on the binders as the rifle does, suggesting some sort of dual-function?
As you can see in this shot, the side binders appear to split and be beam guns in the MA mode as well as the main one.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AnimeMun

Arsarcana wrote:Is it just me or does Graham's Brave look like it has the same slits on the binders as the rifle does, suggesting some sort of dual-function? Actually, the fins on the top of the binders are also a bit bigger on his model. Also, anyone else wonder if the little spikes on the sides of the shoulders mean the design shares the Masurao/Susanowo's GN Field?
AnimeMun wrote:So THATS why the Nena clone is hanging around Billy..... To give Graham a chance to be a full Char....
Nah, Graham seems to have ditched the mask (and the attendant samurai-theming of his unit) and you can't be a full Char without the mask. Plus, Nena and her lookalike are too old to be loli-bait.
Fair enough, however remember Char also ditched the mask, sure he is wearing some nice shades in Zeta but whenever he came forward as being Char Aznable he ditched those too and kept anything resembling such off during CCA. Zechs did the same when he came forth as Milliardo. So Graham having left the Bushido moniker aside ditched that mask too. And all Bushido was was Graham's beliefs gone Japanese and mask was to hide his shame of working under the detestable A-LAWS and Innovators in order to have a final duel with Setsuna.

AGAIN skirting too close to going into the actual story concept. Back once more to the Mecha aspects. Do you guys think that the new rifle and the binder beam guns are set up essentially to replace the Susanowo's torso beam cannon? Also since we now know that its called the Brave we can see a naming evolution to the Union designs. First there is the Realdo which I admit doesn't show much of a connection because researching I've only found a priest with the last name Colombo also named as Renaldus Columbus. Second we have the Flag series which shows the fealty usually felt by soldiers. Third is the Masurao, the brave man which carries the samurai aesthetic. Now taking that concept and shifting it back over to the western soldier theme its no surprise that its refered to as the Brave. So thinking about it its the ideal direction to take the Masurao prototype suit.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

reeoyuy

Brave sounds a lot better if it's Union machine, like 'Union Brave'. Too bad Union is no longer existed.
AnimeMun

Hmmm...I wonder if they'll show any of the pilots that aren't Graham of the Brave units and if they will be aces. Kinda like the rebirth of the Overflags. However if they name them as a baseball joke I will facepalm. We don't need the Atlanta Braves in Gundam. This also brings me to another thought. Most of the Susanowo survived that battle. Could Graham's Brave be a rebuilt from the ground up Susanowo with the new design?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Newtype87

AnimeMun wrote:Hmmm...I wonder if they'll show any of the pilots that aren't Graham of the Brave units and if they will be aces. Kinda like the rebirth of the Overflags. However if they name them as a baseball joke I will facepalm. We don't need the Atlanta Braves in Gundam. This also brings me to another thought. Most of the Susanowo survived that battle. Could Graham's Brave be a rebuilt from the ground up Susanowo with the new design?
What about the immortal Coloesaur or however his name is spelled? He can get a new Brave… and then get it trashed in like five minutes. And offhand, I can't think of many more named AEU pilots. Though I suppose that quite a few of these new generation pilots were trained by the Federation, with only a few active pilots remaining from the original three power blocs due to aging, promotion, or death by Gundam. Not that we'll end up going into that much detail, but it has been several years since the original Gundams showed up. Like, six or seven years.

And I somewhat doubt that possibility. It just doesn't seem economical to upgrade a super-prototype into a mass-production machine, rather than building the mass-production machine based on the prototype and then slightly tweaking it. I mean, I suppose Celestial Being has done something similar with their new-generation Gundams, but a semi-secret organization can get away with something like that due to their strapped resources, and even then I think it was because they needed to recycle the old parts into completely new ones, and they were already super machines being made even more super.
AnimeMun

Newtype87 wrote:
AnimeMun wrote:Hmmm...I wonder if they'll show any of the pilots that aren't Graham of the Brave units and if they will be aces. Kinda like the rebirth of the Overflags. However if they name them as a baseball joke I will facepalm. We don't need the Atlanta Braves in Gundam. This also brings me to another thought. Most of the Susanowo survived that battle. Could Graham's Brave be a rebuilt from the ground up Susanowo with the new design?
What about the immortal Coloesaur or however his name is spelled? He can get a new Brave… and then get it trashed in like five minutes. And offhand, I can't think of many more named AEU pilots. Though I suppose that quite a few of these new generation pilots were trained by the Federation, with only a few active pilots remaining from the original three power blocs due to aging, promotion, or death by Gundam. Not that we'll end up going into that much detail, but it has been several years since the original Gundams showed up. Like, six or seven years.

And I somewhat doubt that possibility. It just doesn't seem economical to upgrade a super-prototype into a mass-production machine, rather than building the mass-production machine based on the prototype and then slightly tweaking it. I mean, I suppose Celestial Being has done something similar with their new-generation Gundams, but a semi-secret organization can get away with something like that due to their strapped resources, and even then I think it was because they needed to recycle the old parts into completely new ones, and they were already super machines being made even more super.
Lets think about what is really different about the two designs, most of them are cosmetic except for the inclusion of a new weapon and the Flag's transformation system which Graham didn't need while he was using the Bushido aesthetic. Not to mention that except for the Regnant mobile armor and Reborns(if that could count) the federation didn't care about having a transformable MS at the time and those two weren't even really Federation MS, they were Innovator MS. The Brave is the Federation getting completely away from the influence of the HRl and the Innovators in design ethics and probably giving more influence to the AEU and Union parts of the Federation. From what I can tell the A-LAWS aspect of the federation which was influencing during S2 was primarily using either GN-X units, Aheads, or Tierens. Katharon which now has influence in the Federal Senate used primarily AEU or Union machines. I think its no surprise that with such a shift in power that a Union style design now has precedent over the earlier HRL influences since thats what A-LAWS used.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Shinji_Shinigami

well the designs of the new suits are cool, the GNX IV looks more like a threat than any GNX before.

and the brave series looks cool as well however i am wondering something.

leaving out the GNX series, wich was a ripp off from CB tech, so far the fed's own original MS were the Ahead, which was based off the Tieren and the Brave, which was based of the flag.

so i wonder why no GN suit was to appear that was based of AEU tech....
Newtype87

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:well the designs of the new suits are cool, the GNX IV looks more like a threat than any GNX before.

and the brave series looks cool as well however i am wondering something.

leaving out the GNX series, wich was a ripp off from CB tech, so far the fed's own original MS were the Ahead, which was based off the Tieren and the Brave, which was based of the flag.

so i wonder why no GN suit was to appear that was based of AEU tech....
Well, to me, the Brave looks like a fusion of the Enact, Flag, and the Masurou/Susanowo. I guess that former Union and AEU designers pooled their resources, since the Enact was just a knock-off of the Flag's design. It even has the AEU-esque green paint job.
Majin Tenshi

So I've been looking over the new brave image, and I can't figure something out. There is a long, blade-like shape between the legs when transformed that I can't find in the MS mode.

Can anyone else figure out what happens to it?
Homeless

The first trailer that showed the Brave in action has Graham eject it before transforming to MS Mode.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
AnimeMun

Majin Tenshi wrote:So I've been looking over the new brave image, and I can't figure something out. There is a long, blade-like shape between the legs when transformed that I can't find in the MS mode.

Can anyone else figure out what happens to it?

No clue but if I had to guess it may be something to do with either the legs or the rifle looking at it

The Cross-Culture Hero.