The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
hellbore

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The way it reads to me sounds like there are (two) completely new GN Drives installed in the Qan[T].

I put two in parentheses because IIRC, Japanese doesn't convey pluralisation, only explicitly counting things (i.e. two of x)
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
AnimeMun

SonicSP wrote:Official website MS updated.

http://www.gundam00.net/ms/index.html

http://www.gundam00.net/ms/01.html

型式番号の「T」は、ツイン(TWIN)を意味する。
純粋種のイノベイターとして覚醒した刹那のために開発された機体。
搭載された太陽炉は、ツインドライヴシステムのために新たに開発されたものである
toysdream wrote:"The 'T' in the model number means 'TWIN'. This machine was developed for Setsuna, who has awakened as a 'true breed' of Innovator. The solar reactors installed were newly developed for the Twin Drive system."

So yeah, not very informative. Most of these initial descriptions have been pretty vague so far.

-- Mark
FINALLY, glad we can put away with the Tau speculation once and for all.......^_^

I'm also wondering about the "solar reactors" part, on whether there is a plural specification there someone because its followed by "were newly developed for the Twin Drive System"
I may not know ALL the kanji there but I do know enough Japanese to be able to say that it is meant to be taken as a plural. Which would make sense if they built two new true drives for the new twin drive system. Also with them only fielding four gundams at a time and Exia R2's drive staying onboard the Ptolemy means they would have the options of having the R2 as a backup, would have Dynames Repair as an option as a true suit, or simply that the Ptolemy has been relieved of its one weakness of it needing a gundam on board at all times for full efficiency.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Random speculation on the purple GN particles.. Maybe they are higher energy Tau particles or something. Just basing my idea on the UV spectrum :P

But at the same time it'd mean they are higher power than Green particles.. so maybe not.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Newtype87

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:Random speculation on the purple GN particles.. Maybe they are higher energy Tau particles or something. Just basing my idea on the UV spectrum :P

But at the same time it'd mean they are higher power than Green particles.. so maybe not.
Well, doesn't the 00 Gundam have blue-green particles? It'd make sense if you could shift the spectrum even higher.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Calubin_175

According to the website, the Raphael gundam is not developed by the Celestial Being that is comprised of Ian and co. I wonder if Tieria did, or could it be a team of newly copied Innovades. I remembered there was a montage posted on 4chan to show how multi-skilled Tieria was, able to take up posts from helmsman to gunner. If that premise holds, it is no surprise that Tieria can design and engineer as well.
jtrainor

Well, it's probably pretty easy when your mind is inside a computer. You can just CAD-CAM everything out as much as you need to and run endless simulations.
AnimeMun

Calubin_175 wrote:According to the website, the Raphael gundam is not developed by the Celestial Being that is comprised of Ian and co. I wonder if Tieria did, or could it be a team of newly copied Innovades. I remembered there was a montage posted on 4chan to show how multi-skilled Tieria was, able to take up posts from helmsman to gunner. If that premise holds, it is no surprise that Tieria can design and engineer as well.
If I remember right we were told sometime ago that Tieria developed Raphael independently. Through VEDA in the Celestial Being colonyship.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

exxecutor000

I would like to share this:

From the Qan[T] picture in http://www.gundam00.net/ms/01.html , it is noted that the orb size and color is of the same size front & back. Currently we already know that [T] stands for 'Twin', and possibly new GN Drives. The twin drive may be positioned in the torso in end-to-end configuration, thus explain the similar view of the orb front & back.

I can say that the above-said configuration allow compact and sleeker design. Further, the GN drive is more protected than the 00 design (which the GN drives are exposed).
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
AnimeMun

exxecutor000 wrote:I would like to share this:

From the Qan[T] picture in http://www.gundam00.net/ms/01.html , it is noted that the orb size and color is of the same size front & back. Currently we already know that [T] stands for 'Twin', and possibly new GN Drives. The twin drive may be positioned in the torso in end-to-end configuration, thus explain the similar view of the orb front & back.

I can say that the above-said configuration allow compact and sleeker design. Further, the GN drive is more protected than the 00 design (which the GN drives are exposed).
It could also be side to side, we've seen the size comparison of a single drive when Tieria ejected his at the end of season one. with that comparison it is reasonable to say that they could be in this format in 00Q especially with consideration of the cockpit locations. Or even proof that the new twin drive is two drives formed into a single unit. Which would explain the whole "new Twin Drive" Tech mentioned in 00V Senki.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

SonicSP

Newtype87 wrote:
Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:Random speculation on the purple GN particles.. Maybe they are higher energy Tau particles or something. Just basing my idea on the UV spectrum :P 

Well, doesn't the 00 Gundam have blue-green particles? It'd make sense if you could shift the spectrum even higher.
00R's particles are just the normal green I believe but they appear bluish green because they are emitted in large amounts in normal emissions.

They are though certain times that they actually appears as blue directly, such as when the Twin Drives
Is activated.

What may may be confusing things another is also artwork. Normal green particles are sometimes coloured in artwork as bluish green. It looks natural on 00 but the same done to ther non Twin Drive Gundams, usually in artwork involving the sidestories.

Spectrum may not play a part though, Alejandro's Alvatore uses golden particles, but the 300 Years Later Book says that they're particles are exactly the same as other S1 Tau Drives just tuned to gold because Alejandro Corner loves them, even more believable considering alot of his stuff ate gold. This is also supported by the fact that Lasse got poisoned as revealed later, whereas the orange particles of the S2 Tau Drives that appear later are not.
Calubin_175 wrote:According to the website, the Raphael gundam is not developed by the Celestial Being that is comprised of Ian and co. I wonder if Tieria did, or could it be a team of newly copied Innovades. I remembered there was a montage posted on 4chan to show how multi-skilled Tieria was, able to take up posts from helmsman to gunner. If that premise holds, it is no surprise that Tieria can design and engineer as well.
It's certainly not impossible, I mean Anew herself was described as multitalented by Ian in her fields plus she can decently pilot an MS to boot. Tiera could have made himself much smarter and knowledgable being in Veda now.

Not to mention, he can easily leech of the data contributed by te Federation developement team so while he'll be designing the MS himself, the R&D technological innovations and improvents may be coming from the sweat and labor of Federation scientists since he can just implement their advances that they keep putting in his computer.
AnimeMun wrote:If I remember right we were told sometime ago that Tieria developed Raphael independently. Through VEDA in the Celestial Being colonyship.
Tiera's official site profile says that he produced Raphael for his own use. It never stated how specifically he made Raphael. Producing it secretly at CB Colony is indeed a possibility but other possibilities always exist. Put it simply the exact method has not been made known to us.
exxecutor000 wrote:I would like to share this:

You know, I had the EXACT same thought when I saw the lineart at the official site. The back and forth idea fits with a sort of a balanced style so to speak, like the previous 00. [as opposed to one in the shield and one in the chest format for example].

There would be some advantages in this form if this it is indeed the case, namely it's not as vulnerable like previous Twin Drive like you've  mentioned but also means that it would be easier for the pilot Innovator to amplify the Twin Drive using his QBW [like 00 does during Trans-Am Burst and Trans Am in S2.20] due to the proximity of the cockpit and TDS and it even fits with the intended role of 00Q as an MS designed for use with a fully evolved Innovator unlike the previous 00. We do have that weird green thing behind Setsuna's seat in his cockpit, which may be a something to help the link.

I'm also guessing that the left binder shields in addition to acting as a beam cannon as mentioned in one of the magazines may also help provide stability to the Twin Drive and the entire suit in general. Similar to how the Buster Sword II, which is equipped with a stabilizer device similar to the 0 Raiser later on; acted for 00 7 Sword/G.
AnimeMun wrote:It could also be side to side, we've seen the size comparison of a single drive when Tieria ejected his at the end of season one.  with that comparison it is reasonable to say that they could be in this format in 00Q especially with consideration of the cockpit locations.  Or even proof that the new twin drive is two drives formed into a single unit. Which would explain the whole "new Twin Drive" Tech mentioned in 00V Senki.
Side to side format is possible, but if that does turn out to be the case then each orb is not a direct visual representation of an individual Drive Chasis then as Exxecutot000 is trying t say it is. If does turned out to be an end to end configuration then each orb may become the visual representation of an individual Drive Chasis.

Also, I've not heard of this "new twin Drive tech" from 00V Senki. Mind pointing out which chapter said it? I did however heard something similar from the Trailblazer event at the start of the year though.

Which reminds me......I still have not posted this month's new sidestory developement on this forum yet.  
Meteoid

I have another issue, from the trailers it looks like the Ptolemaios II is still is service, but looking at some of the new Gundams they seem too massive to fit inside it. Looking this shot of Seravee in the catapult it seems pretty cozy, In fact even the 00 Raiser wouldn't fit, it had to launch as the two separate units IIRC. So there certainatly isn't room for the huge fins on Harute's backside or Zabanya's shield-bit arrangement. Raphael perhaps lauches from the colony ship but the others most likely take off from the Ptolemy, so where do they go?.
Arsarcana

Zabanya's weapon rack... thingies are seen folding vertically along the side, so they probably wouldn't take up all that much extra space when the thing is in storage. Harute's binders are also pretty flexible so there may be a way to fold them up in a way that makes things fit. Alternatively, it could launch in MA form with the wing/bayonettes folded upwards to reduce space. Dunno about Raphael though, but we haven't really seen it next to other suits so it's hard to tell how bulky the backpack really is. The main body is considerably slimmer though, so it would fit no problem.
SonicSP

Harute will probably launch in Fighter Mode while as Aracana mentioned Zabanya's containers can fold.

As for Raphael, it could launch in a special position or something like how Zabanya has to fold it's containers to perhaps fit and how Harute most probably need to launch in Fighter Mode. The two side sections of the containers do have the ability to seperate as remote weapons afterall so something changes in that position may do it.

A more unlikely possibility is that it won't launch from the Ptolemaous 2 at all. It wasn't exactu designed by Ptolemaos crew afterall and if it does have fitting problems they may choose to not put it in the usual hanger [and it wasn't designed as one of their arms]. It depends on the circumstances of the movie. It may even be launched from another ship. [like Exia R2 was hinted in the S2 final I guess, since Ian was not on the Ptolemy but on their other one]
Arsarcana

Based on the latest gunpla update there's some new info about the movie Gundams we can deduce:

Mode change for 00Q's GN Sword type weapon confirmed.

Zabanya's rifles have a pistol mode so it seems like they've combined Cherudim's Sniper Rifle II, Pistol II and Rifle Bit into a single design, then made a bunch of them and stored them in the revised shield bits.

The Harute kit can detach the backpack. Given that it's listed as a separate accessory alongside the rifles, perhaps the thing can be remotely controlled via QBW or something.

The blog mentions a 'clone' gimmick for Raphael but the Japanese actually reads 'claw' (ie, the opening bits on the ends of the big shoulder cannons) so no real clue as to what secrets the design might hide. Sounds like the feet fold out like the GNZ series though, in the event that the thing ever needs to walk instead of hover.
Symbolhime

GN "Big Cannon"? That's awesome.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
azrael

Arsarcana wrote:The Harute kit can detach the backpack. Given that it's listed as a separate accessory alongside the rifles, perhaps the thing can be remotely controlled via QBW or something.
Don't think so.
Backpack can be detached. Base is movable.
This sounds like a model feature for better posing and such.
The blog mentions a 'clone' gimmick for Raphael but the Japanese actually reads 'claw' (ie, the opening bits on the ends of the big shoulder cannons) so no real clue as to what secrets the design might hide. Sounds like the feet fold out like the GNZ series though, in the event that the thing ever needs to walk instead of hover.
The "claw" just refers to the claws on the big guns opening and closing so there will be no parts-swapping to open the claws on the cannons.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
AnimeMun

SonicSP wrote:
AnimeMun wrote:It could also be side to side, we've seen the size comparison of a single drive when Tieria ejected his at the end of season one.  with that comparison it is reasonable to say that they could be in this format in 00Q especially with consideration of the cockpit locations.  Or even proof that the new twin drive is two drives formed into a single unit. Which would explain the whole "new Twin Drive" Tech mentioned in 00V Senki.
Side to side format is possible, but if that does turn out to be the case then each orb is not a direct visual representation of an individual Drive Chasis then as Exxecutot000 is trying t say it is. If does turned out to be an end to end configuration then each orb may become the visual representation of an individual Drive Chasis.

Also, I've not heard of this "new twin Drive tech" from 00V Senki. Mind pointing out which chapter said it? I did however heard something similar from the Trailblazer event at the start of the year though.

Which reminds me......I still have not posted this month's new sidestory developement on this forum yet.  
I thought I saw the info on it earlier in this exact thread. If I'm mistaken I'm sorry. I was just going by memory at the time I was posting due to how little time I had before I had to run off to work.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

SonicSP

From the recent 00N Anfs chapter, one page of it. Picture credit to Homelesswoman and translation credits go to calubin_175.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3022/oon4.jpg
calubin_175 wrote:Top row:
External distribution use construction type -
Created to be used as a large workloader. As it carries no weapons, it can be distributed to regions where weapons are prohibited. However, after its purchase, there are cases where weapons are added.

HRL type -
Used after the Tieren has been adopted. Many units are modified from Fantons.

Just manufactured state -
This is the default state which will be modified according to the future owner's preference.

Middle Row
Federation Peacekeeping force type -
Primarily used to subdue hostile personnel to maintain order. Additional armor plates have been added to repel rocket strikes and the main camera has a clear cover over it.

External distribution standard type -
A configuration that was developed to be used in Africa and the Middle East with desert and arid terrain.

Bottom Row
Winter Camouflage Type -
The Anfs assigned in Europe and Russia that are originally in night combat colors are switched into a winter camouflage. Since this camouflage uses alot of paint, the top part is painted most intensively as it can increase the chances of avoiding attacks from aircrafts which are most troublesome to Anfs.

AEU use Urban Warfare Type -
Intended to be used in the urban areas within and around the African region where no strong mobile suits exist. The blue paint scheme on the top half is meant to blend in with the sky to minimize detection from personnel at ground level, while the bottom half blends in with buildings. This makes it effective in non radar use areas.

Union target practice use captured type
Based on units that were captured during the HRL's invasion in Alaska. It belongs to the Union land combat MS training and strategic research division which they use as targets in tests and training sessions. It is said to be an extremely rare unit within the Union region.

The one on the top right reminds me of an Ahead.........:p
Amadi Akintunde

Bottom Left" Metal GEAAUR?!

Looking at Anfs from the side is certainly... ah... different.
Propellant

AEU use Urban Warfare Type -
Intended to be used in the urban areas within and around the African region where no strong mobile suits exist. The blue paint scheme on the top half is meant to blend in with the sky to minimize detection from personnel at ground level, while the bottom half blends in with buildings. This makes it effective in non radar use areas.
So,do potential enemies have serious vision problems?How the hell will they not be able to detect a freaking giant robot just because it's top half is painted blue?