The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

AnimeMun wrote:3rd place: 00 -> 00 Qan [T] There wasn't much that could be improved with this design. taking off the shoulder based drives in exchange for what seems to be a new internalized twin drive with only one binder-shield is the only way it could have been improved. I always asked myself during S2 "Why the hell aren't these people trying to lop off his GN drives from his arms?" Until Ribbons did it the last episode. Well I don't think we are gonna have that issue with Qan [T]. In fact I think someone (probably the new innovade pilot) is gonna try lopping off the shield then Setsuna is gonna pull something like "No dice" and cut him in half. Probably won't happen but it would make my day.
Forgive me for being too nitpicky here, but its new “Innovator” pilot, if you are indeed referring to Descartes Shaman.

As for why S2 pilots rarely try to cut of the Drives, its probably because its hard to do that considering how powerful 00 Raiser is in multiple fields. Even Ribbons only manage to do that in a Twin Drive suit of his own. Its very hard just to fight it with close combat just to have a nice clear shot at its arms with a sword. The actual cones are also much less vulnerable from long range attacks due to the 0 Raiser wings directly shielding them. They too rarely can take a lot of beating from beams, if the GN Field doesn’t appear to protect it in the first place. The enemy mechs also did not get Trans-Am until late in the series.
AnimeMun wrote:Zabanya's "wings" I've already stated that they now seem like rifle bits to me, am I the ONLY one who thinks this? Mainly if you didn't have that assumption in mind what do you think they'd be?
I have that same assumption. They really look like a configuration of Bits to me.
Majin Tenshi

AnimeMun wrote:Zabanya's "wings" I've already stated that they now seem like rifle bits to me, am I the ONLY one who thinks this? Mainly if you didn't have that assumption in mind what do you think they'd be?
At this point, I'm thinking Dendrobium Orchis. From what we're seeing, Zabanya doesn't seem to have enough hand weapons for its line.

My guess is some of the blocks are overgrown shield bits, and some are weapons/missile containers. All of them having the same form factor so foes can't tell whats what until its too late. Maybe they all serve both functions, with gun-conainters using the gun for the bit's beam as well.
Shores

At this point, I'm thinking Dendrobium Orchis. From what we're seeing, Zabanya doesn't seem to have enough hand weapons for its line.
I think the thing that's even more unusual for the line is the massive thighs. Those look more like they could hide handguns than those shields do, especially considering that it'd just be an internalization of what Dynames used for its pistols (and what Cherudim SAGA uses). That, and you'll note it also has a sort of tail like Dynames and Cherudim, maybe that's where at least the beam sabers are?

That said, I think I have a hard time accepting those bits as rifle bits, really, since those are a solid color like Cherudim's shield bits, as opposed to the two-color rifle bits. My official guess is they're shield bits. However, I know the coolest thing would be if they were actually arm bits, for beam sabers. That... that could make it the best suit in the series, honestly.
Arsarcana

Well, I doubt they're missile pods since according to the latest trailer the main body is swarming with them to the point that you could throw a dart at the thing blindfolded and have, oh, an 80% chance of hitting a missile rack. Even Heavyarms Custom has to bow down to the thing and lord knows it had weapons concealed everywhere...

Given the aforementioned thunder thighs I'm willing to bet that those are internal racks for beam pistols, leaving the pods for some other purpose. Offhand I'd go the middle road and guess that they're a fusion of the shield bits and rifle bits, increasing the coverage area of the former and mounting the bigger gun of the latter without the same fragiliy.

For Harute, I'm actually not all that fond of it as a transforming design right now. It just looks a bit too busy for my tastes and I liked the knee wings (I'd like them even better if Halelujah had ever given someone the 'friendly handshake' treatment with them). We haven't really seen what it looks like transformed though, aside from quick shots at odd angles so maybe seeing the redesign transformed will make it grow on me more. That being said, the dual cockpit is pretty unique for a Gundam and it'll be interesting to see what the writers do with a machine operated by a pair of super soldiers.
AnimeMun

SonicSP wrote:
AnimeMun wrote:3rd place: 00 -> 00 Qan [T] There wasn't much that could be improved with this design. taking off the shoulder based drives in exchange for what seems to be a new internalized twin drive with only one binder-shield is the only way it could have been improved. I always asked myself during S2 "Why the hell aren't these people trying to lop off his GN drives from his arms?" Until Ribbons did it the last episode. Well I don't think we are gonna have that issue with Qan [T]. In fact I think someone (probably the new innovade pilot) is gonna try lopping off the shield then Setsuna is gonna pull something like "No dice" and cut him in half. Probably won't happen but it would make my day.
Forgive me for being too nitpicky here, but its new “Innovator” pilot, if you are indeed referring to Descartes Shaman.

As for why S2 pilots rarely try to cut of the Drives, its probably because its hard to do that considering how powerful 00 Raiser is in multiple fields. Even Ribbons only manage to do that in a Twin Drive suit of his own. Its very hard just to fight it with close combat just to have a nice clear shot at its arms with a sword. The actual cones are also much less vulnerable from long range attacks due to the 0 Raiser wings directly shielding them. They too rarely can take a lot of beating from beams, if the GN Field doesn’t appear to protect it in the first place. The enemy mechs also did not get Trans-Am until late in the series.
I have that same assumption. They really look like a configuration of Bits to me.
When I speak about S2 with 00 Gundam I mean the entire season, particularly BEFORE the 0 Raiser ever came into play.
Arsarcana wrote:Given the aforementioned thunder thighs I'm willing to bet that those are internal racks for beam pistols, leaving the pods for some other purpose. Offhand I'd go the middle road and guess that they're a fusion of the shield bits and rifle bits, increasing the coverage area of the former and mounting the bigger gun of the latter without the same fragiliy.

From the description of the suit from the translation those have already been reveal as holdsters for the GN pistols.
Shores wrote:That said, I think I have a hard time accepting those bits as rifle bits, really, since those are a solid color like Cherudim's shield bits, as opposed to the two-color rifle bits. My official guess is they're shield bits. However, I know the coolest thing would be if they were actually arm bits, for beam sabers. That... that could make it the best suit in the series, honestly.
I've been thinking about that too but if any of them would be getting "arm bits" that would be Tieria and Raphael Gundam, that would be a nice nod to the Seravee right there. also why can't they be both? Cherudim's shield bits showed gun functionality as well so why not combine the concept of the shield and rifle bits? Especially if those things start pumping out GN Fields.

I guess with this thought in mind now comes a brand NEW question, which one of the four gundams here has the most possible surprises under their belt and what do you think those surprises are? Feel free to mention what we know and what we can assume from this.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Amadi Akintunde

Harute's wings are goddamn massive and seem totally unnecessary.
pd771

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Harute's wings are ZOINKS massive and seem totally unnecessary.
It makes sense given the story. If these suits are supposed to be quick rebuilds on existing frames, you'd expect them to not make sleek mech designs. I kind of like it, if only for the fact the the design reinforces their background info.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
SniperBlade

Has there been anymore information on Dynames in the Movie? Or them fools up top keeping it all hidden.
Shores

pd771 wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:Harute's wings are ZOINKS massive and seem totally unnecessary.
It makes sense given the story. If these suits are supposed to be quick rebuilds on existing frames, you'd expect them to not make sleek mech designs. I kind of like it, if only for the fact the the design reinforces their background info.
It also makes sense because the Harute got that backpack from the GN Archer, which Celestial Being obviously has no intention of deploying separately anymore, given the fact that Harute also got a pilot from it. If they didn't waste all them all on Zabanya, they probably gave those wings some more missiles, too. I just don't see how you could call them unnecessary, even if they're massive. It's not like they made them anew.
I've been thinking about that too but if any of them would be getting "arm bits" that would be Tieria and Raphael Gundam, that would be a nice nod to the Seravee right there. also why can't they be both? Cherudim's shield bits showed gun functionality as well so why not combine the concept of the shield and rifle bits? Especially if those things start pumping out GN Fields.
I wasn't seriously suggesting they were arms, I just thought it'd be the coolest option. I have no way of justifying whey they'd do that, since they'd just be for beam sabers. It'd be awesome, but it's not at all likely. Anyway, I suppose the bits could be both shield and rifle, but I just doubt it. They might be better-firing shield bits, but they don't seem like they could be GNHW/R-quality rifle bits. Oh, and speaking of GNHW/R, all but two of Cherudim's rifle bits were stored on its tail, which seems to indicate fragility. They had plenty of places to put them, like on the shoulders, but those are taken up by shield bits. Zabanya's bits (if that's what they are) are on full display, in fact, protecting his legs, which you wouldn't want fragile, GN-particle-packed rifle bits to do.
I guess with this thought in mind now comes a brand NEW question, which one of the four gundams here has the most possible surprises under their belt and what do you think those surprises are? Feel free to mention what we know and what we can assume from this.
Why, it has to be Raphael! This is a mecha board, they're expecting us to be talking solely about what it transforms into and why it seems to have a rifle (if that is indeed a rifle, not... a folded bazooka?!). Of course, Tieria being my favorite character and the Raphael looking perfectly cool untransformed (or is it?), I already know I want the 1/100 model, mission accomplished for Bandai. It may have the most surprises, but I don't care.

The unit I'm genuinely waiting to be surprised by is Harute. I know that 00 Qan[T]'s is going to be loaded with hero stuff that's going to save the world and can't be represented in a model, and Zabanya's line is the most straight-forward of them all. That leaves Harute, which for me, has the most room for improvement as far as gimmicks and genuine excitement/interest goes.
SonicSP

SniperBlade wrote:Has there been anymore information on Dynames in the Movie? Or them fools up top keeping it all hidden.
There hasnt been any sightings or annocement of it so far. Infact, there never was any official annocement of it at all.

The now "Dynames-like" Zabanya and the dissapearence of the rectangular containers in the new design, [upon anaylysing the old containers, you can see a linear straight opening in the middle which pattern match the magazine Dynames was suppose to be insertable with] suggest that the design may have been dropped from the final cut of the movie. But we'll have to wait and see, to be honest.
Arsarcana

Well, as far as Raphael's potential surprises go, we already know that it's got the Rolling GN Cannon (or whatever the things get named in the end) and that the same guns can be detached and fire remotely. We also know that it's almost certainly got the Trial System, to the point that they even tease us with 'well naturally it's got it too...'. Oh, and we're fairly certain within the limits of speculation that it's got some fancy transformation gimmick, quite possibly an inversion of the Virtue to Nadleeh route. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with that we can't predict in advance. We pretty much guessed how Seraphim would work as soon as we saw Seravee from the rear for the first time but we didn't guess that all the cannons doubled as sub-arms so at this point I"m pretty much expecting the unexpected out of anything Tieria pilots.

As for Harute's 'wings', aside from missiles, it looks like they've internalized the cannon-looking bits the first design had (the short part of the black section has what seems to be a barrel at the end) so their size is pretty reasonable for the weapons they probably contain. Especially since they probably did add more missiles to make up for the lack of the GNHW missile pods.
SniperBlade wrote:Has there been anymore information on Dynames in the Movie? Or them fools up top keeping it all hidden.
Nothing on that and nothing on Setsuna's Flag since the initial PV (take that however you like).
Shores

Setsuna's Flag
Setsuna's what now? When did he get a Flag?

I also think it's kind of interesting that they've made Tieria's machines so mysterious that they aren't. Reminds me of Tieria himself, actually.
Den Sethos

Graham's Flag, I think he meant.

One detail that has been bugging me is Zabanya's feet. What's with the claws?
Arsarcana

If I meant Graham's machine I'd have said so (it probably won't be called a Flag anyways, though knowing Graham he might do so personally), I mean the Flag Setsuna is implied to pilot in the sketches that accompanied the initial teaser. There's a bit that says 'Flag, Setsuna-specification weapon' with sketches of part of a weapon and part of a Flag visible. The fact that it's just the corner of a page doesn't help provide much more clarity than that.

Anyhow, given that nothing's been heard about it since then and the Gundams all underwent reworking in the interim, one probably shouldn't read too much into the thing. It might show up in the final movie, might not (just like the repaired Dynames).
SonicSP

Den Sethos wrote:Graham's Flag, I think he meant.

One detail that has been bugging me is Zabanya's feet. What's with the claws?
As mentioned, Setsuna's Flag was seen in wording in one of the sketches seen in the 1st trailer. We don't know whether it will be in the final movie, as with the Dynames Repair Condenser Type.

As for Zabanya's feet, its probably for stability reason when sniping from a surface. It can be similar to when Gadessa fired its Launcher from an asteroid in S2 with its clawy feet.

This is actually a further upgrade from Cherudim's feet design. The 1/100 Cherudim manual mentioned that unlike Dynames's feet, Cherudim's hoove-like feet was specialized for sniping stability on a surface and less towards walking.
Shores wrote:Setsuna's what now? When did he get a Flag?

I also think it's kind of interesting that they've made Tieria's machines so mysterious that they aren't. Reminds me of Tieria himself, actually.
Still, its hard to exactly predict what the surprise is really. We may know there is a surprise, but we still don't know what it is. S2 kept us guessing with Seravee being thinner, having no gaps in model numbers and a giant face backpack at the rear. The appearance if hands in the cannons I remember back in S209, really sent shockwaves when we first saw it since it makes us guess harder, because we know Seravee had something.

This time however, the series handlers have at least given away the Trial System to us.
T.V.

Shores wrote:That said, I think I have a hard time accepting those bits as rifle bits, really, since those are a solid color like Cherudim's shield bits, as opposed to the two-color rifle bits. My official guess is they're shield bits. However, I know the coolest thing would be if they were actually arm bits, for beam sabers. That... that could make it the best suit in the series, honestly.
Zabanya's new accessories remind me of Artemie's bits in that they're similarly blocky and simple looking as well is how they attach to one another.
Therefore I'm pretty much expecting them to have at least a beam firing ability.

It's possible they are a combination of Cherudim's shield and rifle bits, having the firepower of the latter and the shielding ability of the former, just as Shores already mentioned.
Continuïng on that tangent, I wouldn't be suprised if Zabanya's new weapons are named assault bits in honor of the shields bits' "assault mode".

Speaking of the others, I'm still no fan of Harute's gianormous backpack though, making the new two-seater Gundam the weakest of the four in my book.

00 Qan[T] screams for a double fin funnel type upgrade though..
AnimeMun

T.V. wrote:
Zabanya's new accessories remind me of Artemie's bits in that they're similarly blocky and simple looking as well is how they attach to one another.
Therefore I'm pretty much expecting them to have at least a beam firing ability.

It's possible they are a combination of Cherudim's shield and rifle bits, having the firepower of the latter and the shielding ability of the former, just as Shores already mentioned.
Continuïng on that tangent, I wouldn't be suprised if Zabanya's new weapons are named assault bits in honor of the shields bits' "assault mode".

Speaking of the others, I'm still no fan of Harute's gianormous backpack though, making the new two-seater Gundam the weakest of the four in my book.

00 Qan[T] screams for a double fin funnel type upgrade though..
I expect the double shield type to be one of the 00V we see post movie. Much like Hi-Nu was to Nu. Gee there are several things making this suit comparative to Nu Gundam. Its like since Nu gundam is the epitome of UC MS Qan[T] is gonna be the epitome of AD MS.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Dark Duel

Which I find highly amusing, since Reborns Gundam in Season 2 was sort of a demented crossbreed of Hi-Nu and Guncannon(with Master Gundam's head)...and you can toss GunTank in the mix too from the sidestory stuff.

The comparison IS a good one though - the remote weapons are even on the same side :)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AnimeMun

Dark Duel wrote:Which I find highly amusing, since Reborns Gundam in Season 2 was sort of a demented crossbreed of Hi-Nu and Guncannon(with Master Gundam's head)...and you can toss GunTank in the mix too from the sidestory stuff.

The comparison IS a good one though - the remote weapons are even on the same side :)
Yeah, especially if you consider Qan[T]'s original color scheme and how much it did match nu's

The Cross-Culture Hero.

SonicSP

In regards to the 00Q's new GN Sword, I am guessing at the moment that the Rifle Mode is similar to the GN Sword II, in which case the actual blade rotates 90 degrees and the sidebarrels [which reminds me of the GN Sword III's] will act as the barrel of the beams, top and bottom also like the IIs. The middle section line that seperates the "blue section" and the rest of the sword does seem to appear like its circular, just like the GN Sword IIs, and this thing will rotate and make the in horizontal position.

I'm not exactly sure how the handle is going to change. Although it doesn't "need" too, I do sense a possible switch ability here fron the way I see it in the lineart. Not to mention its been a tradition of the "GN Sword" series since Exia in general to have both a sword and rifle grip thats configurable although in the lineart, it appears to be in a sword configuration so I aspect the alternate configuration to be rifle-like.