The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

Shores wrote:The third explains why they could say that: The unit without Trial System is a weaponry add-on for the unit with it. This was true in the first season, then reversed in the second, and if we assume this is a pattern forming, then this unit must return to that. The actual design we can see is not in opposition to that; not only does the weapons pack look like the lower half of a Gundam from the front, but this is almost a more literal take on the conventional than Virtue, in that the weapons pack is just a backpack carried by a slim, Nadleeh/Seraphim-esque Gundam. This seems more practical than Seravee, as well, since neither unit has to separate and be without a pilot, standing still to get destroyed.
There's nothing wrong with your theory as far as I can see, however I would like to point out that Seravee doesn’t just stand still when Seraphim separates, its goes into autopilot. Now those aren’t the best replacement that’s comparable to a human pilot, but they’re not just standing still waiting to be destroyed. They were actually built to fight as 2 units separately if needed.
Kurotetsu wrote:Its using a GN[T] drive? Considering its using the Gadessa as a base, and since Tieria's GN drive got blasted to bits during the last battle of S2, its highly likely.
We’ve confirmed in 00V Senki 4 that Celestial Being lost only 1 GN Drive in their campaign against the Innovators. And S2 Novel 5 confirmed that one GN Drives destroyed was the one on board the 0 Gundam Type ACD. [hinted to be GN Drive Unit-001, Exia’ s original GN Drive]

Not to mention, the trailer has showned us that it fires normal pink beams so find this very unlikely, and after taking into account CB's philosophy close to impossible even before the visual evidence.
SniperBlade wrote:I really like the GN Sword IV design, but I personally don't think it switches into a rifle mode. I just don't see much room for it to rotate or anywhere for it go. Unlike the GN Sword the GN Sword Kai and the GN Sword III. The thing that makes me think this is look at the handle its so boxed in by the cross-guard it doesn't look like it could move, and as we've seen we like our vertical triggers. I think its going to be GN Sword bits for ranged weapons also on another note wasn't there like a rumor that the GN shield at some sort of Beam weapon in it.
I think one of the previous magazine articles directly stated that the shoulders can fire some sort of “powerful” beam, of course someone will have to back me up if this is true.
To me, there seems to be a side barrel that reminds me a lot of one of the side barrels on GN Sword III. I think this itself may contribute to a Rifle Mode, even if the blade itself does not move anywhere.

For me, I think if this is indeed part of the GN Sword series, which it may look to be, then more likely than not it will have a Rifle Mode of some sort. Relying on a transformable sword seems to be a staple of the Exia series, and I would find it a big design flaw if its suddenly taken out since even if its melee oriented the suit, 00’s strongest attacks have come from beams so even if it’s a weak rifle design, the Twin Drive would help it achieve considerable power.

And I guess if one were to see the GN Sword II being held by 00 Gundam in its lineart pose without viewing the weapon line art, it may be easy to mistake the lack of a rifle mode in that one as well since the barrel is barely visible and the handle of the sword is far from a gun and is hidden. This weapon may have some smart mechanism somewhere as well to transform it, perhaps different from what we have seen before.

Of course, there is always the possibility that you are right. I just feel like with the deep tradition of the main GN Swords over the last 3 of its generations that it’s unlikely.
AnimeMun

SniperBlade wrote:I really like the GN Sword IV design, but I personally don't think it switches into a rifle mode. I just don't see much room for it to rotate or anywhere for it go. Unlike the GN Sword the GN Sword Kai and the GN Sword III. The thing that makes me think this is look at the handle its so boxed in by the cross-guard it doesn't look like it could move, and as we've seen we like our vertical triggers. I think its going to be GN Sword bits for ranged weapons also on another note wasn't there like a rumor that the GN shield at some sort of Beam weapon in it.

With the things I've noticed on the design in the line art, I don't think it needs to rotate, all thats necessary if that is for the movement of the hilt which that needs very little room to work anyway.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
SonicSP

http://j.imagehost.org/view/0504/chart1a
http://j.imagehost.org/view/0562/chart1b
http://j.imagehost.org/view/0657/chart2a
http://j.imagehost.org/view/0928/chart2b

Credit: Homeless

I don’t think this has been posted yet, but these are development charts released recently in the 00V Gundam Weapons sourcebook. It contains some upcoming variants such as the CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam as well as the new Avalanche Exia though without the images.

This chart as well as the Reborns Origins profile seem to show that 1 Gundam has been ret conned to CB-001 from CBY-001.

Also shows the development of normal MS, I don’t think we have had scans of those previously.
blind_dead_mcjones

many thnaks for that sonicSP and homeless

the normal MS development is what hasm e intrigued at the moment, particularly the flag variants marked 'AS' and 'OP'
Flag Fighter for life!
SonicSP

I have not begin to analyze this in detail yet, but I notice the Trilobyte has the Flag as one of its development sources. [And the GN-X as well]

I mean, once I think about it.........they ARE many similarities among them, and both of them are really thin in nature. But its one of those things I would unlikely to have theorized if it was not for this.

So, I guess in some sense, it really is an "underwater GN Flag MA".
Arsarcana

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:the normal MS development is what hasm e intrigued at the moment, particularly the flag variants marked 'AS' and 'OP'
The Aero Flag and Orbit Package? Someone else who's more familiar with 00V can probably tell you more but as I understand it, the former is like the Hellion Bombardment Type in that it's optimized for MA form and the latter is customized for work in space and can be modified to serve as a utility suit or for patrols.
azrael

Besides the fact that Raphael and GRM Gundam are influenced by Innovator design (the latter being the prototype Innovator MS), would anybody find it humorous if they, flat-out said, that Raphael was made from GRM?
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
AnimeMun

azrael wrote:Besides the fact that Raphael and GRM Gundam are influenced by Innovator design (the latter being the prototype Innovator MS), would anybody find it humorous if they, flat-out said, that Raphael was made from GRM?
Ok has anyone noticed the similarities in the GRM and the Zeta designs? particularly with the back pack?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Amadi Akintunde

AnimeMun wrote:
azrael wrote:Besides the fact that Raphael and GRM Gundam are influenced by Innovator design (the latter being the prototype Innovator MS), would anybody find it humorous if they, flat-out said, that Raphael was made from GRM?
Ok has anyone noticed the similarities in the GRM and the Zeta designs? particularly with the back pack?
I think it's more or less obvious that the GRM was based off of the Zeta. We knew ever since images were first released.
Shores

There's nothing wrong with your theory as far as I can see, however I would like to point out that Seravee doesn’t just stand still when Seraphim separates, its goes into autopilot. Now those aren’t the best replacement that’s comparable to a human pilot, but they’re not just standing still waiting to be destroyed. They were actually built to fight as 2 units separately if needed.
I understand that, and you're right, that was somewhat silly of me to say that. However, the point was that Seravee is at least more vulnerable than it should be, and I think for the sake of the argument it's true enough, especially given the way Celestial Being seems to be making their units more minimalistic, in a way. They did away with the GN Archer and the 0 Raiser and re-built Arios and Cherudim into units that seemed to be loaded up to be more self-sufficient. The point is that they would want as little as they could being too external and vulnerable, even with autopilot.

Theories aside, I'm really happy with the way the new machines turned out. I'll even say that these are what they should've looked like for Season 2. I know this is more of an aesthetics question, but what does everyone think? Which unit is the biggest improvement over its S2 predecessor?
plau

SonicSP wrote:http://j.imagehost.org/view/0504/chart1a
http://j.imagehost.org/view/0562/chart1b
http://j.imagehost.org/view/0657/chart2a
http://j.imagehost.org/view/0928/chart2b

Credit: Homeless

I don’t think this has been posted yet, but these are development charts released recently in the 00V Gundam Weapons sourcebook. It contains some upcoming variants such as the CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam as well as the new Avalanche Exia though without the images.

This chart as well as the Reborns Origins profile seem to show that 1 Gundam has been ret conned to CB-001 from CBY-001.

Also shows the development of normal MS, I don’t think we have had scans of those previously.
Aweomse SonicSP, you just made my day. But now, I might have to redo my entire chart... Oh dear. Does anyone have a translation of all the custom ones?
Patrick Lau <ZGMF-X20A>
Knights of the Round
SonicSP

In some sense, yes. Raphael seems to continue the GNZ with the rifle custom quite literally which is the mainstay trait of the GNZ series. Even the Garazzo and the Gadess was considered variants of Gadessa. With the smaller handheld rifle, image wise that’s probably more true.

Although I also would say that Raphael seems to be the ultimate “evolution” of sorts of Plutone, because it re-combines a splintered development line that was split into Virtue and the GNZ series.
AnimeMun wrote:Ok has anyone noticed the similarities in the GRM and the Zeta designs? particularly with the back pack?
Yes, we’ve noticed it for awhile now. I think its done on purpose to be honest, they even went with the traditional Gundam colors.
plau wrote:Awesome SonicSP, you just made my day. But now, I might have to redo my entire chart... Oh dear. Does anyone have a translation of all the custom ones?
No one has attempted one as far as I know.

I remember you. You’ve been aching for a development chart of the series for a while now haven’t you? I remembered you really wanted the development chart from the Official File 6 when it was mentioned that there is one, but of course we never got to see the image directly.

With this, we finally have a very complete updated chart. Its even more completed than the one in 00 Genealogy, since it also covers normal conventional MS.
plau

SonicSP wrote:No one has attempted one as far as I know.

I remember you. You’ve been aching for a development chart of the series for a while now haven’t you? I remembered you really wanted the development chart from the Official File 6 when it was mentioned that there is one, but of course we never got to see the image directly.

With this, we finally have a very complete updated chart. Its even more completed than the one in 00 Genealogy, since it also covers normal conventional MS.
Yup, that's me. This chart is one of the most complete ones I've seen so far, but it's still incomplete. For one, it doesn't have XN 00 Raiser and 00 XN Gundam; they don't have GN Arms alone and they don't have Black Sefer either. I'm quite a fanatic when it comes to MS development charts. But now, I can final integrate everything into one chart.
Last edited by plau on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick Lau <ZGMF-X20A>
Knights of the Round
SonicSP

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/ ... anT_01.png

This is a lineart of anime-colors 00Q without the sword, edited by MysticNocturne from Animesuki.

The handle is still there though, so 00Q is apparently holding a stick in his hand. But this is probably the closest we'll get until they actually release the weaponless "anime color" 00Q lineart.
plau

SonicSP wrote:http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/ ... anT_01.png

This is a lineart of anime-colors 00Q without the sword, edited by MysticNocturne from Animesuki.

The handle is still there though, so 00Q is apparently holding a stick in his hand. But this is probably the closest we'll get until they actually release the weaponless "anime color" 00Q lineart.
Where did you find that? It doesn't look like a scan and it lacks some of the detail compared to the designer version. Have you seen any for the others?\

EDIT: Nevermind, found them. In case anyone else is interested.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/ ... 00QanT.png
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/ ... Harute.png
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/ ... abanya.png
MysticNocturne didn't do Raphael.
Patrick Lau <ZGMF-X20A>
Knights of the Round
SonicSP

He says he would not do Raphael because of the black infobox blocking it. Since there's no way around it, we'll probably have to wait for another release to pop up, since there's no way around it.

On a more humorous note, someone at Gundam Wikia did crop the scan from the magazine:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Edited.jpg
AnimeMun

Shores wrote:Theories aside, I'm really happy with the way the new machines turned out. I'll even say that these are what they should've looked like for Season 2. I know this is more of an aesthetics question, but what does everyone think? Which unit is the biggest improvement over its S2 predecessor?
In specific order

1st place: Arios -> Harute This is a transforming MS done right, I never liked the kyrios and Arios designs that much. For one this uses a better shade of orange, for another it has a more seemless transformation, and best of all it ditched the ugly as hell knee wings. I hated those things, they were just an eyesore. I'll actually get the MG of this kit.

2nd place: Cherudim -> Zabanya I love the fact that this keeps the cowboy gunslinger motif this series of MS is known for (first noticed with Dynames' full shield looking not unlike a gunlsinger poncho) but while adding the small wings aesthetic tastefully with what seems to be rifle bits.

3rd place: 00 -> 00 Qan [T] There wasn't much that could be improved with this design. taking off the shoulder based drives in exchange for what seems to be a new internalized twin drive with only one binder-shield is the only way it could have been improved. I always asked myself during S2 "Why the hell aren't these people trying to lop off his GN drives from his arms?" Until Ribbons did it the last episode. Well I don't think we are gonna have that issue with Qan [T]. In fact I think someone (probably the new innovade pilot) is gonna try lopping off the shield then Setsuna is gonna pull something like "No dice" and cut him in half. Probably won't happen but it would make my day.

4th place: Seravee/Seraphim -> Raphael Its Tieria's usual design aesthetic with a base MS, a slender MS with an oversized add on. Its just reversed, I don't see how this is much of an improvement as opposed to something different. Oooh the uber bazookas are on his head, not that big a deal I think, Although if he puts them on as pants sometime in the movie I'll just do a face palm. If the whole damn thing seperates and turns into two fully functioning MS that fight in unison THEN I'll say bravo Tieria.

Edit: sorry I forgot the compariosn name.
Last edited by AnimeMun on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Dark Duel

AnimeMun wrote:Although if he puts them on as pants sometime in the movie I'll just do a face palm.
Is it bad that immediately upon reading that sentence, the first thing that came to mind was this movie?

Mod Edit (Red): Yes. Yes, it is bad. Seek psychiatric help immediately. :mrgreen:

Enough topic derailment.
Personally, I'd have to agree with your assessment. The one that seems to have been the biggest improvement is the Harute, for the reasons you mentioned.
I also have to say that I asked myself the same question as you with regard to the 00, too :P
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AnimeMun

Dark Duel wrote:
AnimeMun wrote:Although if he puts them on as pants sometime in the movie I'll just do a face palm.
Is it bad that immediately upon reading that sentence, the first thing that came to mind was this movie?

Mod Edit (Red): Yes. Yes, it is bad. Seek psychiatric help immediately. :mrgreen:

Enough topic derailment.
Personally, I'd have to agree with your assessment. The one that seems to have been the biggest improvement is the Harute, for the reasons you mentioned.
I also have to say that I asked myself the same question as you with regard to the 00, too :P

wow...I never expected that reaction on either side.... anyway....new mech related topic.

Zabanya's "wings" I've already stated that they now seem like rifle bits to me, am I the ONLY one who thinks this? Mainly if you didn't have that assumption in mind what do you think they'd be?

The Cross-Culture Hero.

radioactive28

AnimeMun wrote: wow...I never expected that reaction on either side.... anyway....new mech related topic.

Zabanya's "wings" I've already stated that they now seem like rifle bits to me, am I the ONLY one who thinks this? Mainly if you didn't have that assumption in mind what do you think they'd be?
A huge missile bank? Possibility is there, but wasting all that space for a limited supply of physical ammo makes no sense.