Known MSV-R so far

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Re: Known MSV-R so far

You know, the idea of an exploding stick you smack the enemy with isn't actually an amazing precedent for mecha anime. Full Metal Panic has the HEAT Hammer, seen here wielded by the "Crossbow" (Sosuke Sagara's custom Savage). It's exactly what the name suggests, a high-explosive anti-tank weapon mounted on the end of a pole that you wield as if you were Gallagher.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
toysdream

Based on the profile text, it seems like a lot of the Gouf Vijayanta's equipment is geared towards breaking through obstacles. The "removal mace" is pretty self-explanatory, the "mines rod" also seems handy for removing obstructions, and the "scissor wire" is designed for scaling high cliffs. Even the chains on its shoulders are reminiscent of the mine-removal flails seen on tanks. Most of its weapons can also be used for anti-MS combat, but that's almost a secondary feature.

-- Mark
flamingtroll

The intro text mentions how G-1 and G-2 were caught on video working in tantum to destroy 2 teams of GMs. While their capability is unknown, the removal mace is suspected to be able to destroy half a GM in one hit and the mace rod is likely to be able to destroy a GM in one strike. 22 G-1s and 38 G-2s were made
KVLTIST

flamingtroll wrote:The intro text mentions how G-1 and G-2 were caught on video working in tantum to destroy 2 teams of GMs. While their capability is unknown, the removal mace is suspected to be able to destroy half a GM in one hit and the mace rod is likely to be able to destroy a GM in one strike. 22 G-1s and 38 G-2s were made
Thats interesting that uneven numbers were made if they were meant to work in teams... Zeon shortages I suppose.
toysdream wrote:Based on the profile text, it seems like a lot of the Gouf Vijayanta's equipment is geared towards breaking through obstacles. The "removal mace" is pretty self-explanatory, the "mines rod" also seems handy for removing obstructions, and the "scissor wire" is designed for scaling high cliffs. Even the chains on its shoulders are reminiscent of the mine-removal flails seen on tanks. Most of its weapons can also be used for anti-MS combat, but that's almost a secondary feature.
Makes sense, you don't see alot of engineering/pioneer use MS other than the Zaku tank and that is more for mundane engineering work rather than combat engineering and demolitions. Although wouldn't an explosive charge launcher work better than an explode-y stick?
KVLTIST KVSTMS
Homeless

It's Zeon, they don't do sensible.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
HellCat

Homeless wrote:It's Zeon, they don't do sensible.
Although I generally agree, you have to wonder if all these Zeon wacky prototypes are part of exactly why we see such great advancements 7 years later. We know the Federation directly benefited from their research but giving them increasingly crazier MSVs allows for the Federation to create more consistent machines from more focussed application of said research.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
BrentD15

HellCat wrote:
Although I generally agree, you have to wonder if all these Zeon wacky prototypes are part of exactly why we see such great advancements 7 years later. We know the Federation directly benefited from their research but giving them increasingly crazier MSVs allows for the Federation to create more consistent machines from more focussed application of said research.
So, Zeon imagines and tests it, and the Federation perfects it.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
HellCat

Hooray for Zeon, the greatest patriots of Federation superiority!
JEFFPIATT

BrentD15 wrote:
HellCat wrote:
So, Zeon imagines and tests it, and the Federation perfects it.
it worked the same way after world war II when both Germany and japan were defeated all of the allies took whatever tech and scientists they could from both sides even taking ships and other equipment as reparations. Zeon lost the war and the EFSF got tons of ms prototypes and production lines post war.
Homeless

I just like how insecure they seem to be about their Zeon designs.

"This Gouf is equipped for support functions...but, uh, its tools can still destroy Feddie units in one shot! In fact, it and the other Gouf killed a BILLION GMs in one fight!"
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
ShadowCell

to be fair, killing a billion GMs isn't very hard for anyone
domino

^^ That's only true when the GM pilots don't have names
Gelgoog Jager

So, still no scans for the previous MS-06D volume?

I was hoping that the accompying text might provide more information regarding the relation between the MSV version and the ZZ version.
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:So, still no scans for the previous MS-06D volume?

I was hoping that the accompying text might provide more information regarding the relation between the MSV version and the ZZ version.
I've already kindly asked Deacon for them
toysdream

I picked up that issue just for the MSV-R pages; it seems like the usual sources found the MS-06D variant too boring to scan for us. I'll see if I can grab a minute to scan them for you, but as usual there's no reference whatsoever to the ZZ version. (I guess the invention of a "Gariboldi team" is an implicit acknowledgement of ZZ's "Desert Rommel", but that's as far as they go.)

-- Mark
HellCat

As a schmuck who continues to buy Ace (the 4 panel comics make me giggle), I'm always an option if chapters don't emerge online. I'm happy to help where I can.
Deacon Blues

Huh... in my haste I must have tossed the Zaku ones. I only have the Gouf ones. Whoops. Ah well.
Gelgoog Jager

Thank you Mark!

So, no link with ZZ's Desert Zaku after all.

Any other relevant information regarding it?

Also, making a quick recount of MSV-R Zeon volumes, so far we have had:

15 Zakus (including a Zaku I and different custom colors)
3 Goufs
3 Doms
3 Gelgoogs
2 MSMs
2 MAs
4 Vehicles/Other

I hope this means that we will get another MA or MSM on the next volume.
BrentD15

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Thank you Mark!

So, no link with ZZ's Desert Zaku after all.
Other than being an enhanced version of the Zaku II Desert Type, apparently not.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25