Salamis GM maintenance

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Calubin_175

Salamis GM maintenance

http://ps3-gundam.net/interview1.html

I've always wondered how the empty deck versions in MS Igloo can maintain GMs or Balls without the help of Columbuses. Now a new rendition of the Salamis has emerged that will answer some questions.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Salamis GM maintenance

Anyone wanna translate that? ):
Calubin_175

Just to digress a bit here, it also reconfirms that only MS-09RSes with an enhanced generator can use the beam bazooka, which was formely mentioned in the MG release.
J-Lead

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Anyone wanna translate that? ):
Well, Google Translator helped out, but the only thing useful I took out of that interview is that Eric Blanke is from a "Good Family in the Principality of Zeon" as the text describes it, which I guess means he's kind of like the equivalent of a Sahalin or something, and I'm not even sure that got translated correctly.

EDIT:...and it turns out that was revealed a long time ago. Go figure...
Last edited by J-Lead on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Amadi Akintunde

J-Lead wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:Anyone wanna translate that? ):
Well, Google Translator helped out, but the only thing useful I took out of that interview is that Eric Blanke is from a "Good Family in the Principality of Zeon" as the text describes it, which I guess means he's kind of like the equivalent of a Sahalin or something, and I'm not even sure that got translated correctly.
I used Google Translate as well, and the only thing I could make out would be 'Gundam Wing', '0081', 'Eric', and 'Hughes'.

Also 'GM Command'. ):

Otherwise everything else was backwards forwards gibberish.
Calubin_175

http://ps3-gundam.net/tokuten.html

Have a look at the short battle scene. It's my dream come true, finally an anime short that features a protagonist who leverges on his skill whilst using a non iconic MS without plot armor.
Amadi Akintunde

Ha ha, Hughes Corro. You already amaze me. That's some true skill right there. Can't wait to see Volume 2.

...I want to download that onto my computer. );

Truth be told I'd waiting for someone to upload the whole OVA. D;
Deathzealot

Pretty sweet! I like the idea of carrying the GMs on the underside of the ships. For it does not have them getting in the way of the ship's weapons or replacing the weapons themselves for room to carry the mobile suits. Also I do believe it looks easier to mantain them this way. Granted they still have to work in normal suits.

Also am I seeing that image right and the entire side of the Colombus can open to supply the ships instead of opening the front hatches.

Anyways I can not wait for the next volume either.
mcred23

Deathzealot wrote:Pretty sweet! I like the idea of carrying the GMs on the underside of the ships. For it does not have them getting in the way of the ship's weapons or replacing the weapons themselves for room to carry the mobile suits.
Yeah, but it would block the hangar, which is located in the exact same place that they have those GMs on the hull. I noticed that it doesn't seem to be present on that ship, which may suggest that storing them externally in that manner is yet another option avaiable to carry GMs on a Salamis...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Deathzealot

Hmmm... you mean the Re-Entry Shuttle Hanger? Well I always thought that is more towards the front of the ship. That image looks like it is directly about middle of the ship.
Calubin_175

I think the hangar referred is the one from the anime. But historically speaking, I doubt it is valid anymore after the Vinson Plan was introduced into the continuity. The Fuji Class and MS igloo versions seem more consistent with that plan. With this anime short, they could be trying to pay tribute to the original anime, hence they have this new alternate underside method visually reminiscent of the hangar.

By the way, according to the interview, the GM Command is actually in Hughes' personal colors, attributed by the blue visor and yellow exhaust ducts. Eric also going to appear in his personalized Gelgoog.
Amadi Akintunde

Calubin_175 wrote:I think the hangar referred is the one from the anime. But historically speaking, I doubt it is valid anymore after the Vinson Plan was introduced into the continuity. The Fuji Class and MS igloo versions seem more consistent with that plan. With this anime short, they could be trying to pay tribute to the original anime, hence they have this new alternate underside method visually reminiscent of the hangar.

By the way, according to the interview, the GM Command is actually in Hughes' personal colors, attributed by the blue visor and yellow exhaust ducts. Eric also going to appear in his personalized Gelgoog.
I'd like to pilot that thing then. That color scheme is awesome.
mcred23

Deathzealot wrote:Hmmm... you mean the Re-Entry Shuttle Hanger? Well I always thought that is more towards the front of the ship. That image looks like it is directly about middle of the ship.
No, I ment the Vinson upgraded hangar. In MSG, when we see GM's deploying from the underside hangar on various Salamis class ships by leaping out of them, the hangar is that exact location, between the two red fins. That picture with them stored on the underside of the hull would block that hangar, and there is no sign of a door or hatch or anything, so I'm thinking that those external mounts are another manner for transporting GMs, rather than something used just to maintain them (Which seems kind of silly to me, as I doubt the internal hangar is that small if it can hold four GMs :P).
Calubin_175 wrote:But historically speaking, I doubt it is valid anymore after the Vinson Plan was introduced into the continuity. The Fuji Class and MS igloo versions seem more consistent with that plan.
Nah, they still are valid since they are animated, which means they will always be valid, and would automatically put them ahead of something like the Fuji.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
hellbore

Judging from the full short, the Salamis/Columbus paired ships with the underside bay seem to be part of a makeshift depot for maintenance rather than ships meant to transport GMs to the frontlines.
Spoiler
At least until the Bigros show up. Seriously, three of 'em.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Dark Duel

Calubin_175 wrote:By the way, according to the interview, the GM Command is actually in Hughes' personal colors, attributed by the blue visor and yellow exhaust ducts. Eric also going to appear in his personalized Gelgoog.
Correct - the standard GM Command Space Type has grey exhaust ducts and a green visor.
As to Eric's Gelgoog, it's the same two-tone blue-gray as the Efreet he pilots in the game.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Doctord

hellbore wrote:Judging from the full short, the Salamis/Columbus paired ships with the underside bay seem to be part of a makeshift depot for maintenance rather than ships meant to transport GMs to the frontlines.
Spoiler
At least until the Bigros show up. Seriously, three of 'em.
Although it'd been cooler if they'd been transported like that in the original. Instead of standing up.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
Deathzealot

I just thought of something with these Sallys that carry GMs under their ships. Wasn't true that during the One Week Battle the Salamis and Magellan Class ships carry Saberfish Fighters the same way underneath the ship.
Calubin_175

I just thought of something with these Sallys that carry GMs under their ships. Wasn't true that during the One Week Battle the Salamis and Magellan Class ships carry Saberfish Fighters the same way underneath the ship.
That is possible since PS2 EiS shows that when you sortie in a Saberfish.

Additionally, Gihren's Greed PS2 has another version at the Battle of Loum, different from the Fuji Class. I bet they were used in conjunction with the unmodified versions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnr4RvKp ... re=related
Deathzealot

Calubin_175 wrote:
That is possible since PS2 EiS shows that when you sortie in a Saberfish.

Additionally, Gihren's Greed PS2 has another version at the Battle of Loum, different from the Fuji Class. I bet they were used in conjunction with the unmodified versions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnr4RvKp ... re=related
Hmmm I see the Fuji Class but where is this other version you mentioned.

Man, I would love to see Gihren's Greed coming to America. But I don't think it ever will sadly. /sigh/
Calubin_175

The one that you saw isn't the Salamis nor the Magellan with the refitted rear columbus container. It is an unidentified refitted Magellan with add ons all around.