The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Wingnut

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

Best they can do to simulate the particle dispersion with a single piece of plastic I guess. Looks similar to how beam shields were made for Gunpla.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SonicSP

http://www.imagebeast.net/images/mzji7c ... on3ala.jpg
http://www.imagebeast.net/images/399pud ... 9y2nzo.jpg
http://www.imagebeast.net/images/rdmkvw ... u98c9l.jpg

Posting the rest of the pictures.Translations are appreciated.Got them from one of Homeless's posts so credit to her I think.

[EDIT]Got some from Animesuki
C.A. wrote:I don't have much free time nowadays, so here's a quick translation:

GN Feather:

By releasing large amounts of GN Particles, together with control using the Clavical Antenna, wings of light are formed. It provides stability to the unit in mid air, it also jams and disrupts the enemies' attacks.

Also together with the Gundam's overwhelming power and prescence, the magnificent wings creates a powerful psychological effect.(What it means by 'mental damage').

As the O Gundam was a 1st generation test suit, the wings' enormous output was considered to be inefficient and thus unused in later developments.
hellbore

Nice.

The only thing I can make out that might be new is the mention of the sensor of data of the GN-X II Cannon being used in the Reborns Cannon.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
SonicSP

......dissapointed if it turned out there's no new info on the Tau Twin Drive.I'm interested in operation time specifically or strengths and weaknesse.Or maybe its easy to guess them all.
quasadra

also mention that it share base development data with Exia, the two mode initially intented to be two seperate unit.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Calubin_175

I'll just copy and paste what I translated on BazookaField's board.
Not much new stuff really.

Stated in the profile, Alejandro also designed the Alvaaron based on the Gundam data found in Veda. A tank mode also exists for the Reborns Gundam but was eventually cut.

The buster rifle can be directly powered by the elbow GN Drive. When it is attached to the forearm during cannon mode, it is not capable of precision shooting. The 4 small fin fangs situated on the shield are primarily allocated for fang and missile interception. While it is attached onto the shield, they can also function as beam guns. A GN Field can be deployed on the surface of the shield, same as the Throne Eins' description. I am guessing that this form is higher than the common description of "GN Field effect" in Gundam Shields.

In cannon mode, the two large beam sabers are hidden since they aren't intended to be used.

The Edgner Whip is a special weapon that is capable of penetrating GN Fields and delivering an electric strike. This strike aims to damage the intricate internals of targets as well as their pilots.

So no more 00 weapon explanations to anticipate anymore. Woah.
Btw the Exia and GN-X references were on the official website.
quasadra

A tank mode also exists for the Reborns Gundam but was eventually cut.
an MSV for this is underway. :P
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Dark Duel

Man, this thing is cool. Though its paintjob still makes my eyes bleed.
So this thing was supposed to be GunCannon, Hi-Nu Gundam, and Guntank all rolled into one? That would've been cool, but weird.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amadi Akintunde

The Reborns Cannon looks less hideous as a Model Kit. It actually looks cool as one, actually.

I love the Reborns Gundam's verniers, though. Still.
hitokirigarou

Where do the GN Archer and Masurao store their beam sabers?
azrael

hitokirigarou wrote:Where do the GN Archer and Masurao store their beam sabers?
They don't say, nor have I seen any line art about where they keep it. With Masurao, it could keep the sabers in the arms since it is based on a Flag. If we go by Susanowo, the sabers could be stored on the GN Claws.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Homeless

The Robot Damashii figure shows Masurao can indeed store its sabers on the back sides of the hip armor.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
JEFFPIATT

Dark Duel wrote:
Man, this thing is cool. Though its paintjob still makes my eyes bleed.
So this thing was supposed to be GunCannon, Hi-Nu Gundam, and Guntank all rolled into one? That would've been cool, but weird.
well it would have been more like the RXR-44 guntank and the rx-93 crazy love child i only can hope that someone pointed out how pointless a tank mode would be in a space battle seeing how the guntank got put out of it's misery for the movies. still would be asome to see the 00v line art for the Reborns gundam/cannon/tank
SonicSP

Reborns Gundam main website profile translation

mike_S_6 wrote:Organization: ???
Pilot: Ribbons Almark

MS Data
Height: 23.3m (Gundam mode) 21.8m (Cannon mode)
Weight: 79.1t
Armaments:
GN Buster Rifle
Large GN Beam Saber
GN Sheild
Large GN Fin Fangs
Small GN Fin Fangs
Egner [?] Whip

The Reborns Gundam is a machine made from accumulated Mobile Suit technology data from Veda. The base design was completed at a considerably early stage. At first the Gundam mode was the main machine, and it was planned that the Cannon mode is a separate support machine. But Ribbons doesn't want to depend on a companion, so in order to fight alone, the two machines were merged into one, which is what is seen at present. It is completed with the addition of the Twin Drive System stolen by Anew. Regarding aspects of functionality, performance, and armaments, it is a special machine that succeeded over all Mobile Suits created until the present. The only inferior thing is that it is installed with the "pseudo-solar furnaces" that are not original solar furnaces, and it was thought that Ribbons' defeat against his fight with Setsuna was also caused by this. Actually, the performance difference created by their solar furnaces was roughly made up for by its technological innovation.

Gundam Mode
The generally used mode. There are marked similarities with Gundam Exia that remain, and it is said that they are brother machines in the planning data, but because in the end it was installed with many armaments, their similarities regarding their outward appearance were few.

Cannon Mode
The mode that specializes in long-distance shooting. An identical base data of Gundam Virtue is used in its design. The sensor inside the head visor it adopted is in the GN-XII Cannon's sensor line.

Not sure whether its been posted,but I''d just thought I'd share it since we'd just got the HG translation one not too long ago.
Arsarcana

I think this is the first time we've seen the romanization for that wired weapon. Anyone know what Egner is supposed to mean? No mention of the GN Vulcans though Ribbons was using them at one point.

Shame there isn't more info on the Tau TDS but it's nice to confirm that it does differ from units with multiple unsynched Drives.
SonicSP

Arsarcana wrote:I think this is the first time we've seen the romanization for that wired weapon. Anyone know what Egner is supposed to mean? No mention of the GN Vulcans though Ribbons was using them at one point.

Shame there isn't more info on the Tau TDS but it's nice to confirm that it does differ from units with multiple unsynched Drives.
I think it was spelled directly in plain English in the manual.
Aegis

I'm amused with the fact that the Gundam was initially supposed to be one Gundam and one Guncannon initially. More amusing indeed if it also had a tank mode to go with it. :P I doubt that there's anything about the Reborns TDS that makes it truly different from the 00 Raiser TDS save for the fact it lacked true drives, so I wasn't expecting much in here anyways. I'm sure others have figured that where Reborns Gundam lacked proper drives, it definitely made up for all of that with all the other gimmicks like the fin fangs and the duo modes. Pretty scary to think what it would really be like if it were to ever receive a pair of true drives.
SNT1

'Suppose one can still sync Tau drives to the point that it will give more than 2x the output. I guess it's now confirmed that it is the strongest MS in 00 in combat (until 00 inovodoo) since I thought 00-Raiser was; it was only a bit drained when it started to fight Ribbons (note that Setsuna waited for his Trans-AM to be fully usable again)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
JEFFPIATT

i will say gundam 00 managed to break all of the "standard gundam" blueprints the waverider class gundams in 00 moved the wings to the legs rather than the back mount as binders. the primary gundam actually used a non beam sword in the form of a gun sword insted of the normal 1x beam rifle 2x beam saber config used by the hero unit. the s1 grunts were in some form mono eyes the HRL build models used the large flashlight style while the AEU and Union used what appered to be a small tracked monoeye with what looked to be a "OZ" sensor under it. s2 gave us an true mp version of the gundams along with the line of "masked" gundams. the only unit that kept to the classic style was the 0 gundam .