The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
gundamtype0

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

I was checking out the latest hobby japan and it featured the xn raiser. I was wondering exactly what it is. It seems that it can be equipped with the other gundams. Is it supposed to be a successor to the gn arms platform?
Dark Duel

It's additional equipment for the 0-Raiser/00 Gundam. In a nutshell, it's two extra swords, and that's about it.
(Though you can also tack it onto other Gundam 00 kits...like Masurao/Susanowoo)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
JEFFPIATT

any one here know what ACD means on the o gundam ocd type.
SonicSP

Katharon's strategy was usually to attack targets with normal defences,since GN-MS are still quite rare.I guess disabling the sensors would be a good strategy if they face GN-MS......since there's nothing else they could do with their normal forces......unless they have Klaus's Land Striker and its beam weapons.
Agito

ACD = Actual Combat Deployment, afaik
SonicSP

gundamtype0 wrote:I was checking out the latest hobby japan and it featured the xn raiser. I was wondering exactly what it is. It seems that it can be equipped with the other gundams. Is it supposed to be a successor to the gn arms platform?
For the moment,The XN Raiser is no more than a simulator concept.Saji tried equiping in a simulator battle and even he and his lackluster skills managed to create utter destruction;before he equiped it he was utterly failing in the normal simulator with his normal 0-Raiser equipment.We have to wait for future installments to learn more about it,if they choose to expand it.

XN Raiser equipment comprises of 2 GN-Buster Sword IIIs [Not sure whether they are any more],can be combined to fuse into one sword.Not exactly sure about its other capabilities and advantages,note that Saji with the 0-Raiser alone was able to own people with it in the simulator,so it probably has other advantages as well than just being swords.

As far as I know,external source level canon-wise,its not equipable with the other Gundams.It actually goes even further than that,its equipable by even the Susanowo [Again,not canon] ,in terms of model kit compatibility.They added this in so model kit owners can have some fun with it.

Its the same with GN-Archer and GN-Sefer.The GN-Archer can be combined with 00 in model kit,but this is not treated as canon even by external sources level.The GN-Sefer can be combined with all 3rd Generation Gundams and even the 0-Gundam but storywise,its not treated as such.They usually mention when they're shwing something that's not canon

The reason on why they give the XN Raiser,GN-Archer and GN-Sefer very versatile compatibility is so model kit owners can have fun with them.
azrael

"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Newtype87

Well, it's slightly less egotistical of Ribbons than the Ribbons Gundam, but the bad grammar makes me want to correct it. Or at least change it to Reborn Gundam.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Dendrobium Stamen

The grammar can maybe be justified using a semi-complex theory: The first series has the tagline "Rebirth begins through destruction". The second is "We [Celestial Being] will destroy the rebirth". Ribbons represents the 'reborn' Setsuna and Co. want to destroy, so his Gundam/Cannon is that of the reborn, meaning it's the reborn's Gundam - or Reborns Gundam because for all his Innovedo perfection he forgot an apostrophe.

A bit of twisted logic for what pretty much comes down to Engrish, but this is Gundam after all :wink:
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
JEFFPIATT

it actually seemed that ribbons gained his ideas of grandure from watching loran stare up at the o gundam during that test run. This seems to be his way of continueing his hijack of cb mission seeing that he had the arrogence to give it the model number CB-0000g/c. persionally i think that this gundam is diffrent from other VMS seen in gundam seeing that it switches between two diffrent ms modes insted of an ma or waverider mode. on another note anyone else place the ahead as the hizack of the AD timeline. it pretty much is a mix of cb and gnx desgine except for the fact the feds felt a need to hide the blatenly "gundam" parts of the ms where the EFF of the uc time line had no objections to useing enemy style ms.
SonicSP

Newtype87 wrote:
Well, it's slightly less egotistical of Ribbons than the Ribbons Gundam, but the bad grammar makes me want to correct it. Or at least change it to Reborn Gundam.
It could have been much worst,there were rumours awhile ago that it was going to be speeled Re-Bons Gundam.

Reborns seemed to what Ribbons's name was suppose to mean anyway;without changing much pronouciation;and frankly I think the S made the name cooler somehow.

Its not the first time anyway,Regnant's prototype is spelled Empruss and the Innovators all have wrong spelling for their names for the words they were suppose to represent[Hilling,Stabity,Devine,Ribbons].Three of the six 3rd Gen Gundams have demonised spelling names of Greek words that represent the angelic heirheichy as well I think,so I think the name is suppose to show that the suit is named after the word Reborn,but the S is added to give it the uniqeness of the name a bit and at the same time,relate it to it's pilot and supreme overlord a bit.

Considering that Reborns Gundam is the titular name,does it mean it oversteps Reborns Cannon as the main name?
JEFFPIATT

it may be intended to be a masked operating mode so that it could be possiably be used similar to the gnw line in gundam mode and hide as an support unit in cannon mode. by the time is is actually used ribbons is no longer concerned with hiding his gundams appearance when deployed with his forces. I actually wonder how much was actually put out about the last administration and if the next fed ms will look more like a gm rather that retaining the gnx head. i would find it funny if the Gaga becomes the base of next grunt suit.
Aegis

So now it's official. I was perfectly fine with any name or corruption they came up with anyways.
Dark Duel

CHRIST that boxart looks awesome. Almost makes me want one. (As it is I want a Sakigake, just so I can mod it to lose the horns and silly ponytail. And I HATE the Aheads' designs as a general rule.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amadi Akintunde

Gonna love playing with the verniers on its Gundam mode.
gk2012

I agree, the Reborns Gundam boxart looks great.

I just hope that interested buyers who are not familiar with the show think that the box includes 2 figures inside. :lol:
SonicSP

gk2012 wrote:I agree, the Reborns Gundam boxart looks great.

I just hope that interested buyers who are not familiar with the show think that the box includes 2 figures inside. :lol:
I think they'll see the "Mode Change" sign on the side and maybe figure it out.Arios and Kyrios would pose similar problems as well,but they are more obvious to be the same.
SniperBlade

So I was doing some research on GN Drives when I came upon something interesting. What powers them on Gundam wiki. I didn't want to make a new thread about it. Then I did a quick google search and came upon what the subgroups of Baryonic matter are.

Baryonic Matter

Baryons are classified into groups according to their isospin (I) values and quark (q) content. There are six groups of baryons—nucleon (N), Delta (Δ), Lambda (Λ), Sigma (Σ), Xi (Ξ), and Omega (Ω).

The Arbalest from FMP had its Lambda Drive

Lambda happens to be a sub-group of Baryonic matter. their connected its all one Gundam 00 and Full Metal Panic its a conspiracy I SAY, but seriously I found that a little funny. That Mechanical Designer Kanetake Ebikawa(Who If I'm right and the MAHQ profile does not lie worked on Full Metal Panic) would do such a subtle homeage
SonicSP

GN-Drives being powered by the decay of baryonic matter has been known for a long time I think,even while S1 was running though your the first I've heard about mention the of the possible Lambda Homage to FMP.......

This is of course,not the first obvious homage to FMP the series have had,the series has many others,some of them are even obviously intentional like one of the audio drama.If this is a homage,its far from the only one and its not the most obvious either.We cannot tell whether its even intentional or just conincidence at this point.

Still,the above post did brought some other thought to mind,specifically the groups of Baryon.In the MG Exia manual,there was a GN-Drive diagram where it was seperated into several different colors for several different sections.I wonder if the Baryon groups have anything to do with it?Of course,since there's been no translation of MG Exia manuals so far;or for that matter HG Arios GNHW and Gadess.
M.U.N.

Wait, then how to do the GN Drives cause the newtype/Innovator transformation thing?