The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

M.U.N. wrote:Wait, then how to do the GN Drives cause the newtype/Innovator transformation thing?
That's caused by high compression pure GN Particles that the TDS produces.The particles cause the body of humans to mutate when exposed to it.The byronic decay is where the GN-Drive gets the energy to be perpetual,it needs the energy from somewhere.

The GN Particles are a byproduct of the energy generation process and it is these particles that are used for very very useful effects seen in many forms in the series,one of them is the evoulution of humans into Innovators when exposed to Pure high Compression Emission GN-Particles......like released by the 00's TDS.

Normal GN Particles [I'm referring to both Trues and Taus here] may possibly do the job since there's really little to no difference between GN Particles of the Trues and Taus;on the basic level they produce the same particle but different effects come out because of different compression rates.But the time needed may be alot lot lot longer [If it even works,the particles may not be dense or plentiful enough to foce any reaction] ,not to mention it may be hard to expose people to it and we have yet to see it work in this manner.Taus would take alot longer if it can be done with those,since their compression rates are lower on average.

Of course,Innovating humanity may take up to several generations like Tiera said so its not an easy or short endeavour afterall.
Haro^Haro

I'm not a fan of Saji Crossroad but is it likely that Saji can be the next naturally born Innovator? I just had the impression that a few more GN Particle Baths from the TDS and he can finally Innovate. I just thought that if he had always sticked with Setsuna and had the same amount of particle exposure from 00 Raiser, they could have innovated at the same time.
blind_dead_mcjones

Haro^Haro wrote:I'm not a fan of Saji Crossroad but is it likely that Saji can be the next naturally born Innovator? I just had the impression that a few more GN Particle Baths from the TDS and he can finally Innovate. I just thought that if he had always sticked with Setsuna and had the same amount of particle exposure from 00 Raiser, they could have innovated at the same time.

not necessarily, it's unkown if saji ever had the nanomachine injection (remember that the Innovades partially run on nanomachines and CB were injected with them as standard practice) also setsuna had been working close to GN drives for at least 5 years before his change to an innovator
ZeroBusterXX

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:
Haro^Haro wrote:I'm not a fan of Saji Crossroad but is it likely that Saji can be the next naturally born Innovator? I just had the impression that a few more GN Particle Baths from the TDS and he can finally Innovate. I just thought that if he had always sticked with Setsuna and had the same amount of particle exposure from 00 Raiser, they could have innovated at the same time.

not necessarily, it's unkown if saji ever had the nanomachine injection (remember that the Innovades partially run on nanomachines and CB were injected with them as standard practice) also setsuna had been working close to GN drives for at least 5 years before his change to an innovator
But, it was stated that most people that lived/worked in space had nanomachine injections to make life a little easier, so it's not a stretch of the imagination to think he, as a space construction worker, had an in injection too.
JEFFPIATT

he dident reall want to change himself it was more of saving his girlfriend form the inivodors plans.
SonicSP

Probably the next most exposed for the moment.Setsuna has the extra 7 years of exposure from normal Drive plus more time on 00,but Saji had alot of exposure during certain scenes.He has alot of exposure to TDS,second only to Setsuna.

Not sure whether the nanomachine injection would be relevant to becoming a True Innovator however.Maybe the Louise-Type;for lack of a better description,but probably not so when it comes to True Innovators like Setsuna.

[EDIT]

From the MS Encyclopedia 09 Topic
toysdream wrote: * Holy hell on toast, the profile of the Masurao in the black and white section says it has two pseudo GN Drives! Could this be official confirmation at long last?

-- Mark
So......we just found out from Mark that Masuruo has 2 Drives,anybody want to discuss it?I think it throw into question Arche's total number of Drives as well,although we have yet to receive confirmation for that or for that matter,the Susanowo.
blind_dead_mcjones

2 drives but they aren't synced...hmm, my current theory is that one is for general purpose and the other is for Trans-am, in which after the TA drive is destroyed he still has one drive left to fall back on.
Flag Fighter for life!
azrael

I'd wait for another source to say whether or not it has 2 drives or not. I don't recall the model kit saying anything or any of the Official Files mentioning it.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
SonicSP

To be fair,we have no manuals on Masuruo only the Susanowo,which is a different suit. [A really really similar 95% one at that] .Susanowo could have only one Drive,which would go into the "No need to mention argument".....unlikely,but the possibility remains.

Neither has the Susanowo been directly mentioned to only contain exactly one Drive either,so even If it turns out that Susanowo has 2 Drives,it would not be contradicting anything else.
SonicSP

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:2 drives but they aren't synced...hmm, my current theory is that one is for general purpose and the other is for Trans-am, in which after the TA drive is destroyed he still has one drive left to fall back on.
Possible,but I'd say considering the utter strength of 00 that they're using both Drives at one go for maximum power and then retreat once its over,since the Tau Suit switch to Condensers after Trans-Am,at least for retreating purpose.
azrael wrote:I'd wait for another source to say whether or not it has 2 drives or not. I don't recall the model kit saying anything or any of the Official Files mentioning it.
To be fair,we have no manuals on Masuruo only the Susanowo,which is a different suit. [A really really similar 95% one at that] .Susanowo could have only one Drive,which would go into the "No need to mention argument".....unlikely,but the possibility remains.

Neither has the Susanowo been directly mentioned to only contain exactly one Drive either,so even If it turns out that Susanowo has 2 Drives,it would not be contradicting anything else.

[
toysdream

SonicSP wrote:To be fair,we have no manuals on Masuruo only the Susanowo,which is a different suit. [A really really similar 95% one at that] .Susanowo could have only one Drive,which would go into the "No need to mention argument".....unlikely,but the possibility remains.
If the Masurao has two drives, then the Susanowo surely must; the designs are virtually identical, and there's no way they'd power it down. If you're wondering about the protruding cone that was added to the Susanowo's back, the kit manual says that this is a GN Condenser for the beam saber.

-- Mark
SonicSP

You mean the powered solid sabers right?I thought the Masuruo's sabers were converted into those,and the Susanowo has none to my knowledge.

I still think there's a small unlikely chance that it will lack two Drives,I'm just basing this off from Susanowo having not being mentioned to actually have so but I understand the logic since how similar the designs was and how very very unlikely this turn of even would be.

By the way,I've heard that the two cones near the hips are mentioned to be thrusters in the Susanowo manual;according to someone else.Is this actually true because of the Susanowo have two Drives in their designs,those 2 cones are my first suspects.Of course,they are many Drive Chasis that can also act as thruster which is very very common actually now that I think about it.

I just want to verify whether they have been mentioned to be thrusters in the manual.
Calubin_175

The only other supporting source for the hip drives is the third party description of the Damashii Masurao from the online store Happinet.
JEFFPIATT

it would make sence that gn thruster would look like a drive caseing. the way the [T] trans am worked seemed to have a shorter limit with the classic gnx style of drive than with a real gn drive or the gnz type drive. since a artificial drive can run out of particles unlike an actual drive that can regenerate on it's own. the one question i have is how can a real gn drive have infinite power that should be impossible unless the true drives are some type of fusion reactor fused to the gn partical generation device while a tau drive is dependent on a battery to generate the gn particals.
azrael

JEFFPIATT wrote:the one question i have is how can a real gn drive have infinite power that should be impossible unless the true drives are some type of fusion reactor fused to the gn partical generation device while a tau drive is dependent on a battery to generate the gn particals.
They don't say how it generates electricity but that the True GN drive is a semi-perpetual device thanks to the TD Blanket. For the most part, the energy that comes out of the process goes back into the energy generation process. So the true drives are almost always generating energy and thus, generating GN particles. The Tau drives consume energy to generate GN particles, or simply put, it's a battery attached to a GN particle generator.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Aegis

SonicSP wrote:
toysdream wrote: * Holy hell on toast, the profile of the Masurao in the black and white section says it has two pseudo GN Drives! Could this be official confirmation at long last?

-- Mark
So......we just found out from Mark that Masuruo has 2 Drives,anybody want to discuss it?I think it throw into question Arche's total number of Drives as well,although we have yet to receive confirmation for that or for that matter,the Susanowo.
The Arche? Not really. See, with the Masurao (and by extension the Susanowo), especially given how hush hush the stats were, there was a more legitimate reason to suspect the machine having two drives, namely those 'hip chargers'. It was a small detail that only ever lasted a brief scene, but it was a rather notable detail that at least gave us a little of hint of such a possibility. The Arche, on the other hand, has shown nothing, not even a little hint, that it had more than one drive. Powerful as it may be, it had no physical features that screams 'two drives', nor did its performance come across as being any more exceptional than, say, the other Innovator MS along the lines of the Gaddessa or Garazzo.

I'd like to see other sources as well to confirm the number of drives Musurao has, but hey, glad to see some kind of confirmation at long last. Now, maybe a little more follow-up would be nice.
SonicSP

JEFFPIATT wrote:the one question i have is how can a real gn drive have infinite power that should be impossible unless the true drives are some type of fusion reactor fused to the gn partical generation device while a tau drive is dependent on a battery to generate the gn particals.
That's basically it,the True Drives generate energy through Byronic Decay and GN-Particles are a byproduct of this process.While they do not work the same way,its similar to a sun where its self sustaining,which is why it has the name Solar Furnace as well.

As for Tau Drives,I've always been the believer that they work the same way,with the exception that their topological defects are much much more unstable due to the lack of the TD Blanket covering the GN Generation Furnace,making them not being able to re-absorb much of the energy generated from the byronic decay,this leads them to an energy deficit which drains the energy supply of the unit until zero at some point.The orginal electricity in the unit is probably converted into GN-Particles through the same topological process,just that it cannot recover most of the energy spent on the topological defects [An unprofitable investment,unlike the Original Drives],in essence its still a conversion from one energy to another.
quasadra

the way i understand it, True drive is like a sun, Tau is like a flashlight.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
M.U.N.

http://www.imagebeast.net/images/rdmkvw ... u98c9l.jpg

GN Feathers? Lol'd.
Anyone know if that text under it explains anything useful about why they named what I thought was supposed to be a defect.
Last edited by M.U.N. on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.