The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

Pic quality looks pretty good to me,though its definitely fan coloured.To the maker's creadit's its very well done and is good enough to serve as my wallpaper until real coloured linearts show up.Colors used as pretty accurate too,Qan[t]'s blue really is Qan[t]'s blue from the trailer.
Evangel

Found on 4chan.

Just a lil something that looked interesting, probably fanart.

Now I must go take a shower... since going to 4chan made me feel like a scumbag :(
radioactive28

Evangel wrote:Found on 4chan.

Just a lil something that looked interesting, probably fanart.

Now I must go take a shower... since going to 4chan made me feel like a scumbag :(
Interesting. Most likely fanart, but I had the same impression regarding those big arm cannons, that they looked very much like Seravee's legs.
The transformation seems a bit complex though. And positioning cannons in the soles of your feet is hardly practical (which was the same impression I had about 00's externally-mounted power plants though).
Maelstromm

I'm surprised that this wasn't up already.

Huh, so they changed the color scheme for the Qan[T], I personally preferred the color scheme from the trailer though. The blue for this one just looks a tad light.
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
blind_dead_mcjones

it definately looked better without the red on the feet and abdomen
Flag Fighter for life!
Heecarl_Reez

Well..I don't know,I'm really really fine if they went with the 1st color scheme,but I also don't really disagree with this one either(Well,I like the blue).Apart from the color itself the design is also changing.Starting from the leg,the back leg design is now having those sharp like thruster there.In body,you'll notice the changing in chest cover(white),and also having the white and sharp cockpit cover like in 00..Right shoulder is a bit bulky now(and change in the line design),and notice that the right arms has a blue armor,while the left don't.And those 00 like racks(that hung above the shoulder of 00) is back too.Also the binder design...EH...Please forgive my sudden analysis.:D..Also I'm getting curious about the other gundam.Zabanya really needs some color 'tweaks' IMO.

Now,the question is..Is this the final design??
Dark Duel

I can't be the only one who's seeing a distinct resemblance in the shape of the chest vents on the torso to those of the 1 Gundam, right?
Not bad...I'm okay about the design changes, though I think I liked the "Ver1.0" colors from the trailer better...that said, this one looks nice too.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SkyRaider

Maelstromm wrote:I'm surprised that this wasn't up already.

Huh, so they changed the color scheme for the Qan[T], I personally preferred the color scheme from the trailer though. The blue for this one just looks a tad light.
I agree. Never been a fan of the lighter blues myself. Its not bad, but nothing special either.

I'm not too impressed by these designs, nor have I been for the entire 00 run for the most part; most just seem too plain to me. Qan[T] looks decent and Harute looks cool, but Raphael and Zabanya look "meh" to me. Of course that doesnt mean their weapons and stuff wont be cool.
VentZX

Maelstromm wrote:I'm surprised that this wasn't up already.
Looks good. I thought the other scheme was nice too, but this one is pretty kick ass. But yeah, this does have some changes from the lineart shown earlier, particularly in the legs, chest and shoulders.
SonicSP

Well,I disliked the blue,so I'm fine with the new color.I also liked this shade of blue much more than the other one.In my opinion a positive change.One would also have to wonder of any changes with the others later on as well.

One problem that I do see with the new QWan[t] is,that it looks too much like 00,specifically 00 Seven Sword.I mean I like it more and all but its becoming more similar I think.

Which maybe should not come as that much of a surprise,since this is infact,another model named 00,even if its a totally new suit so some similarities would not be weird.Infact,now it looks more "00" than it did previously.
Red Comet90

I liked the original coloring and design of the Qan[t] so honestly I don't like this recoloring and redesigning at all, but I'm hoping that an obscure small picture that was scanned hides what makes the design good. In other words that the design looks better in movement than on paper which was the case with Season 1's designs at least in my case.

I wonder what they will do with the others. Is it just me or is the Qan[t] the only design which looks more like the S1 Gundam than the S2 Gundam?
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Evangel

On Qan[T]'s color scheme: I kinda like it, reminds me of the RX-78 like 0 Gundam did. I'm sure it will be a little darker in the movie, remember how some of the Mobile Suits looked terrible on paper but phenomenal in action?

I love how they combined the designs of Exia and 00 to make the Qan[T]. I just wish they gave it a better name, its kinda a pain in the arse to type Qan[T] every time.
Dark Duel

You could just abbreviate 00Q. Everyone would know what you're talking about The James Bond theme is now playing in your head

Anyhoo...

More new stuff from 19.04 SECONDS

Cropping out the non-mecha-related parts...
– New characters and new MS debuted.
[SNIP]
– There was the line “Start the attack with electric? missiles.”
– Graham was piloting a new, blue {could be green} MS.
[SNIP]
– 00 Quanta’s blueprint was sent over from Level 7 in Veda by Tieria. Along with information about a new twin drive system.
New Twin Drive is awesome news...And if I may speculate, 00Q's data having been sent from Veda Lv7 would also seem to at least potentially indicate a degree of lineage to 1 Gundam, which was designed from the outset to be used by an Innovator(Innovade), so it could be that 00Q was designed to further take advantage of Setsuna's new abilities - as an Innovator.

I'm a little curious as to what "electric missiles" refers to...EMP perhaps?
I'd also love to see what Graham's new toy looks like, and what, if any, other MS appeared.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Maelstromm

Bigger and slightly better quality pictures now available.

Now that I think about it, the blue extended armor pieces on the back of the leg kinda remind me of the GN-X's legs, coincidence or is there more to it?
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
blind_dead_mcjones

the whole design reminds me of the ARX-8 Laevatein, with a bit of eva unit 01 around the torso and the bits on the left is slightly reminiscent of the Nu Gundam

and it looks like they took notes from susanowo's arm gauntlet but they put it on the right arm instead
Maelstromm wrote:
Now that I think about it, the blue extended armor pieces on the back of the leg kinda remind me of the GN-X's legs, coincidence or is there more to it?
now that you mention it they kinda do, speaking about the GN-X i just realised that the entire section where the cockpit is located looks like it could detach like an escape pod/core fighter, much like the Turn A gundam's, i wonder why the GN-X didn't have that feature, i guess they wanted to save that for the innovator suits..
Flag Fighter for life!
Evangel

Do you think those openings on the top of 00Q's forearms are built-in beam sabres or other?
blind_dead_mcjones

Evangel wrote:Do you think those openings on the top of 00Q's forearms are built-in beam sabres or other?
no, they are not, they're connecting sockets for rifles and other ranged weaponry
Flag Fighter for life!
Evangel

Musta been my eyes tricking me.
Aegis

My issue with the previous Qan[T] design had more to do with the fact that it was a step down aesthetically compared to the 00, which was a step down from the Exia. Now, funny enough, I find the redesigned Qan[T] to be a step down from the previous one as well. :P

Aside from the 'keyblade' (as Homeless would call it) being an improvement simply by the fact that it is now flatter, I thought the added panel lines and plates and rivets and all that stuff were unnecessary details themselves. The colour scheme, it's typical hero Gundam colour scheme, so that in itself I didn't think it could go wrong. Old colour scheme, however, was both nice and different from the usual while still maintaining the 'hero' look of a main Gundam. I would've preferred the old colour scheme for the simple fact it was different. The more pronounced faceplate, due to a lack of gray that was pointed out in the 00 boards, didn't look so good. As for the back, as far as the attachment goes, I thought the promo version looked nicer with the sleeker attachment design as opposed to the backpack of the current rendition.

Overall, I don't find it ugly or disappointing, I think it still looks quite good, and I'm sure animation will do stuff to make this new design look sparkly cool. I just prefer the promo design more, and wouldn't mind if they stuck closer to the old one rather than the new.
SonicSP

Hey,I was wondering regarding the Original GN Drive,which of its parts count as a "core componant[s]",IE the parts that stays the same even after its modifications;in other words THE actual GN Drive itself.

Is it the TD Blanket alone,or the TD Blanket+GN Generation Furnace?