The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XV

Question:Where does suits like the Flag's rifle store their ammo?It does not appear to have a visible magazine.
blind_dead_mcjones

at the back, the slightly raised part thats either dark grey or almost black, depending on if its a flag, realdo, enact or hellion

heres a pic (magazines have been circled in red)
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/ ... rifles.jpg
Flag Fighter for life!
Metal Gear Gundam

actually since we're on the topic of the rifles, did they ever show any flag or enact reloading mid fight? Or when they run out do they just return to base and get re-armed? Since in other gundam series it shows how they reload or there's a reason they don't need to reload it's been nagging me for a bit lol.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
blind_dead_mcjones

not really, then again the flags and enacts hardly got any screentime period, and the few times they did show up piloted by a named character, the fights were 1 minute long skirmishes at best,
Flag Fighter for life!
reeoyuy

Just last night I was thinking, what if the wing-like cannon on Reborns Gundam's back can detached and act like a fin funnel. And when I checked dalong's manual for Reborns Gundam this morning, I found out that they're indeed named "Fin Fangs". Whoa. :o
But what made those fangs different than regular fangs? The profile doesn't seem to mention about it. Maybe they can create "GN pyramid shield"? :)
And btw, "large GN beam saber" is a reference for Nu Gundam saber, right?
ZeroBusterXX

reeoyuy wrote:Just last night I was thinking, what if the wing-like cannon on Reborns Gundam's back can detached and act like a fin funnel. And when I checked dalong's manual for Reborns Gundam this morning, I found out that they're indeed named "Fin Fangs". Whoa. :o
But what made those fangs different than regular fangs? The profile doesn't seem to mention about it. Maybe they can create "GN pyramid shield"? :)
And btw, "large GN beam saber" is a reference for Nu Gundam saber, right?
I think the small fangs are called Fin Fangs too, but I may be wrong. And yeah, the beam saber is a nod to the Nu Gundam. And I think the small fangs are for deflecting smaller fangs and missiles and such, but I may be wrong yet again.
SonicSP

The manual states that they are 2 types of Fangs for Reborns,the Large Fin Fangs and the Small Fin Fangs.Those are the actual names.

The larger ones are more powerful but are slower and easier to take down while the smaller ones are alot like regualr fangs I think.
reeoyuy

So they're named fin fangs just because they shaped like a fin? I was thinking that it might have another gimmicks like GN Shield bits; I mean other than just shooting/ramming at enemies.
edit : fixed typo
SonicSP

Got some questions on Trans-Am.Sorry if they sound confusing,I'm sure they are but I am curious.

1)From what we know,in a Gundam,is Trans-Am more reliant on increase in Drive output or the prevalant Condenser supply when it is activated?

2)And what exactly does it triple anyway?Total energy released by the Gundam?GN-Drive particle production?Gundam stats performance?

3)And does the particle production of the Drive drop from to below normal parameters or does it return to normal and drop in performance of the Gundam is caused by empty Condensers instead?[Since usually the single Drive Gundams with particle deficit can't draw the usual particles they need from the Condensers].Or is it a case of both?

4)Probably no answer for this one yet,but do we know how the red hue is caused?

Thanks.
Destroy Gundam

reeoyuy wrote:So they're named fin fangs just because they shaped like a fin? I was thinking that it might have another gimmicks like GN Shield bits; I mean other than just shooting/ramming at enemies.
edit : fixed typo
I think they're called that simply because Ribbons's Japanese VA did the voice of Amuro, who had a suit with weapons called Fin Funnels.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
JEFFPIATT

that what i was thinking since the only ms amaro used with any Remote Weapons was the nu gundam equipped with fin funnels. Other than that the reborns gundam is more of an exia clone with an added support mode and a twin drive system. the fact that they opted to not add a waverider mode or an alternate gn-x head and reference all of his ms eludes me.
SonicSP

Well,it was suppose to be have a Tank mode as well,but it needed 2 people to operate and Ribbons simply did not want that.

Ironic,how the Exia similarity was actually mentioned to in the profile.
Dark Duel

Wasn't Virtue mentioned in reference to the Reborns Cannon configuration?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
azrael

Dark Duel wrote:Wasn't Virtue mentioned in reference to the Reborns Cannon configuration?
IIRC, Exia's data was used as a basis for Reborns Gundam, while Virtue's was the basis for Reborns Cannon.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
Arsarcana

Found a couple videos on nico about that artwork from a little while back. We can safely end any speculation there might have been about the officialness: They're artist impressions based on the same second-hand info we've read. It even says up front 'Design speculation, can't be helped if I'm wrong'. Links provided in case anyone wants to check out the comments accompanying each picture.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8062988
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8077683

I have to admit, even if it's pure fanart I do like the idea of Harut having the visor there just so it can open up when Hallelujah shows up.
Strike Zero

Low-quality photo of the new 00V.

Now what does that remind me of? :P
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
hellbore

Strike Zero wrote:Low-quality photo of the new 00V.

Now what does that remind me of? :P
I have no idea what your talking about.

Looks completely original to me.

:mrgreen:
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Genese Gundam

My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
JEFFPIATT

well we now know where the concept of eject-able armor on AD gundams comes from. i wonder what other rx-78 models will be o gundam-ized. I vote for some thing resembling the nu gundam as the next one. that gn bit data had to come from some place.
blind_dead_mcjones

JEFFPIATT wrote:that gn bit data had to come from some place.
that would be the Sefer Rasiel
Flag Fighter for life!