Tau GN particle poisoning

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
santadi0
Location: Cryosleep in Cryotube 2... Oh, wait, the Covenant are here?!?!

Tau GN particle poisoning

Question: do you really have to get wounded in proximity of a large amount of Tau particle emissions or do you need to get completely submerged in it?
"Don Corleone--I am going to leave you now--- because I know-- that you are busy"
Red Comet90

Re: Tau GN particle poisoning

I think you have to be wounded by it in some way or lets say you have a cut thats already open. If GN Tau particles passed by your cut or an explosion occured nearby I would imagine the wound would be filled with the Particles. If you were submerged in it you would be in the middle of a beam which would mean instant death.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Kenji

Not only that, but simply a large amount of particles won't cut it. It's specifically the beam compression used by the Thrones, (at least) the initial thirty GN-X suits, and the Alvatorre, which is (in my estimation) the compression level to inflict the most damage while still being conservative with energy.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ZeroBusterXX

It could be some sort of radiation the compressed particles give off. I want to lean towards a theory like this because I don't think the beam hit Louise dead on in S1.
Black Knight

It didn't; it looked to me as if Louise was injured by flying fragments caused when the beam hit the grounds near where she was standing. It's not as if her hand was directly severed by the beam or anything.
iguanaman8989

Red particles on their own aren't harmful. It's only when they're weaponized that they put out the harmful radiation.
ZeroBusterXX

That was already stated by Kenji, bro.
SonicSP

By the way,was it explained why it dissapeared in S2 since the compression rate used by all Tau suits in S1 did it for beam weapon potency?I know they gotten improved Tau Drives and it was mentioned as the reason for the loss of poisonous effect,but I was wondering if there was a deeper reason.

The only bit I can guess on the improved Tau Drives is that it allows the same beam potency for the same costs without having a poisonous side effect.

Either that or it uses higher compression rates [Probably closer to CB's Original Drives] due to better GN-electrical economy technology,that allows the same beam potency but without the poisonous effects.The poisonous compression rate probably had reducing marginal benefits higher than the level used in the S1 Suits,thus the better improvement in GN Electrical economy is used to substitute the poisonous effects rather than using it for more powerful but poisonous beams.The higher compression rates may allow the same beam potency of S1 Tau compression rates,but without the poisoning effects.
santadi0

I was just wondering about this: What happens if you get a reverse of what the 00 can do during Trans-am Raiser.
The 00's massive GN particle emmisions made Setsuna into a pure Innovator. now, if you used Tau drives instead of original drives to try to do the same, what would happen?
My first inference is that you'd get poisoned just by the sheer quantity of the dirty GN particles alone...
"Don Corleone--I am going to leave you now--- because I know-- that you are busy"
ZeroBusterXX

santadi0 wrote:I was just wondering about this: What happens if you get a reverse of what the 00 can do during Trans-am Raiser.
The 00's massive GN particle emmisions made Setsuna into a pure Innovator. now, if you used Tau drives instead of original drives to try to do the same, what would happen?
My first inference is that you'd get poisoned just by the sheer quantity of the dirty GN particles alone...
Condensed, weaponized particle beams only!! And only on older Tau-equipped suits/
Can you not wrap your head around that?
Dendrobium Stamen

Actually, some sort of Tau-based Raiser Burst could probably kill people too; as I recall, Feldt's parents were killed by a GN Condenser explosion in Plutone, where a massive quantity of solar furnace-produced GN Particles killed them off... as such, a Tau Raiser Burst could well do the same thing, using sheer volume of particles rather than anything else.

Of course, weaponised particles from first-generation Tau drives would do the same thing much more easily, but still!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Sleepneeded127

santadi0 wrote:I was just wondering about this: What happens if you get a reverse of what the 00 can do during Trans-am Raiser.
no nothing would happen being the particles are not harmful. only when weaponized like compressing into a beam. weapon. we see the Thrones spread a large mass of particles when they 1st appear.
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
Geoxile

Trans-Am burst is known for its 100% particle purity. If it were the complete opposite the particles would probably to diluted to even have any effect. The danger of the GN tau beams were due to the pseudo radioactive effect they had, resulting in cell defects. The opposite of the Trans-Am burst would be nothing, you should say a radioactive version of it which causes mass death. T-Am Burst works the way it does due to the high particle purity.
ShadowCell

Where was it said that Trans-Am particles are "pure" or something?
SonicSP

Current Tau Drives nothing...since they're particles even in beam form no longer leave poisonous radiation effects.

First generation Tau Drives......hard to say.By what we know,emissions particles alone arent enough for the poisonous effects to happen.The particles are made that way on purpose for beam weapon optimisation.That being said since,a TDS uses large amounts of particles,its hard to say if the emission alone may cause radiaiton poisoning in this state,hence why I said hard to say,I'm still leaning towards no though,since beam weapons are REALLY concentrated me thinks.The radiation of a Tau Particle could also be miniscule compared the "purity" of the Original TDs particles,thus one may be "effective" only in beam weapons while the other is strong enough to be effective with hust emissions.

Its possible that the radiatiom effects may be canceled off as well,for all we know the squaring process may naturally purify the particles, possibly canceling out any possible radiation effects from large emissions.
ShadowCell wrote:Where was it said that Trans-Am particles are "pure" or something?
Trans-Am particles arent generally but 00's are in normal mode,even further in Trans-Am Burst.Mentioned in S2-24,based on the gss-subs that I watched it from.

In Trans-Am Burst,the particles become purer[Even purer than before] because of the interaction with the True Innovator's Quantum Brainwaves,squaring may have become magnified further as well due to the symbiotic relation with the Innovator's QBs,leading to the higher number of overall particles and purer ones.

This may not just be in Trans-Am Burst though,00's Trans-Am in S2-19 was unusual as well.Visually it was seen releasing alot of particles,stated verbally to be producing seven more,and it was having stronger than usual concious expansion effects.I'm guessing there is some interaction with Setsuna's not yet complete Innovator QBs,which leads to a slightly more purer and higher squaring performance by the Twin Drive.Could be basically less powerful version of Trans-Am-Burst,using the same concept for performance.

The Trans-Am Burst was originally suppose to be 00's normal Trans-Am mode but it was impossible in theory,only with the help of Setsuna later can it be achieved.
Geoxile

It was theoretically impossible >_> mostly due to the lack of a true innovator which I guess you could call a catalyst in this case.

Anyway burst is the purest from what we've seen comparison wise. It made everyone on the battlefield send AND receive QB waves. Something only A+ innovators can do. IIRC Ribbons was A and Setsuna is S, even higher than what Ribbons thought to the highest (A that is).
Kenji

santadi0 wrote:The 00's massive GN particle emmisions made Setsuna into a pure Innovator. now, if you used Tau drives instead of original drives to try to do the same, what would happen?
I don't understand how this question is fundamentally different from the one you opened the topic with.

To be frank, it seems to me that whenever you ask a question and don't receive the answer you want, you simply tweak the details of the question and ask again. This observation isn't limited solely to this topic.

To put it another way, you opened the topic postulating that a large number of Tau particles would kill someone. When people started saying things to the contrary, you increased the number of Tau particles and predicted the same result. Are you going to continue on this pattern until somebody agrees with you?

In addition, this being beside the point, your question was already answered with respect to three Tau drives in your "Tri-Drive" thread. I suggest you review it.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
SonicSP

^^Personally,I thought it was a fair addition to the scenario[Although not that fundamentally different],since we are referring to a system that squares particles and and has in the series given out positive radiation effects on people in squared emissions output.Although I dont remember the contents of the Tri Drive topic anymore.
Geoxile wrote:It was theoretically impossible >_> mostly due to the lack of a true innovator which I guess you could call a catalyst in this case.

Anyway burst is the purest from what we've seen comparison wise. It made everyone on the battlefield send AND receive QB waves. Something only A+ innovators can do. IIRC Ribbons was A and Setsuna is S, even higher than what Ribbons thought to the highest (A that is).
Wrong,Setsuna was A.The Replica Innovator thought they were A but B.[6th Official File,I believe]
Dean_the_Young

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:Actually, some sort of Tau-based Raiser Burst could probably kill people too; as I recall, Feldt's parents were killed by a GN Condenser explosion in Plutone, where a massive quantity of solar furnace-produced GN Particles killed them off... as such, a Tau Raiser Burst could well do the same thing, using sheer volume of particles rather than anything else.

Of course, weaponised particles from first-generation Tau drives would do the same thing much more easily, but still!
Mind you the key work in that statement: GN Condenser. As in, already compressed and in their most dangerous (but usable) state. There's always been a difference between dense particle flows (such as dual-drive trans-am) and condensed GN particles (every single beam weapon and beam saber since S1).
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
santadi0

I just used Tau GN poisoning to either confirm or disprove if an Innovator can be made with Tau particles. (If you don't get poisoned, then maybe it MIGHT happen...)
Also for medical and military reasons. If A-Laws can configure their GN drives to emit harmful particles (Not in weapon form) from their Tau drives, then they could make a "GN Bio-Bomb", where you'd use GN particles (not the compressed and weaponized form) to kill off people. A sort of substitute for Automatons.
Those are my two reason why I asked.

I think I get it now. Tau particles are of a lesser quality than true GN particles.