AHHHH THEY'RE GONNA KILL US ALL!

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ydawg314

AHHHH THEY'RE GONNA KILL US ALL!

I was on you tube and I saw this video of a robotic dog looking robot.
All terrain robot dog

If they are making things like this which can really go all terain,
  • streets
  • rocks
  • snow
  • ice!!!!
I'm pretty sure that they could implement this type of technology into vehicles and we could possibly see useful and effecient mechs in our future.

on that note you have to admit that it looks kind of creepy. Almost as if it were some sort of matrix android which was gonna slowly replace humans on earth. Just look at the way it conquered that ice.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Spiegel

Re: AHHHH THEY'RE GONNA KILL US ALL!

That was really, really creepy. When it slipped on the ice, I almost turned it off. It was seriously creepy.
ORegan

I've seen this video before. It pretty much mimicks the movement of a deer, but the name Big Deer wouldn't be the name of anything the military uses.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Sume Gai

I don't know O'Regan the name "Big Stag" sounds kinda intimidating if you ask me.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kuruni

It's truly creepy...Vey cool, manage to balance itself after get kicked. Heck, I think it will be fearsome when turn into weapon. Sort of Batta from Nadesico, I think.
My girlfriend was a loli.
scythedd7

I remember reading that it can carry up to around 100 pounds, and that they were thinking about using it as a kind of pack mule for highly dangerous areas, but this was a long time ago that I read this, so I don't remember to well.
...?
young_oldtype

I think I saw this one or maybe a similar machine in Military Factory before and finally, I get to see it in motion. The Big Dog moves very organically on any sort of terrain and I love it for that. Its balance is simply perfect too, to think that it can't fall on either side while walking on slippery ice! And it can carry a payload of over hundred pounds? That's quite a lot. Ideal for carrying medical supplies, weapons and ammunition if used as a pack mule.

So now, I hope I can see an MG somewhere in the mass-produced version. 8)
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
thanatos

BBBBUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Man that sound is creepy.

Bigdog is one of those robots that has achieved a certain level a fame. At least enought to get a parody made of it.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
Genocide

I remember coming across a video of the "Big Dog" quite a while back, and when I first saw the Gekkos in MGS4, I had always assumed this thing possibly inspired their designs.
Red Comet90

Genocide wrote:I remember coming across a video of the "Big Dog" quite a while back, and when I first saw the Gekkos in MGS4, I had always assumed this thing possibly inspired their designs.
I thought the exact same thing as soon as I saw it first walk. It was creepy but amazing to see it react so well to the ice and it would be creepier if they put that out on the front lines and it had that buzzing noise. I think it would terrify anyone who heard it.

Seems like one day we might all be saying in surprise, "Metal..GEAR!?"
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
ydawg314

could you image robots like that in a game like call of duty? I feel like you could replace those annoying dogs with these robotic dogs(sound too) and it would make the game 5 times more intense .
Same goes for Oblivion.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Commissar Bright Noa

When the robot overlords take over, that buzzing noise will be the last thing you hear.
Blue 55

Looks like something out of Metal Gear Solid. A prototype for Crying Wolf...lol. Creepy indeed yet cool also. Well could use something like this in the Army for our ground troops. Lets hope for a Gekko prototype. :)
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---