The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk XIV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
speedstriker

AnimeMun wrote:Those links aren't working anymore.

As for the rest, one of the things I enjoyed about the 0 vs Exia battle is the fact that NEITHER USED TRANS-AM! Sure, they could have done it and had a bigger bang for the buck but it was unnecessary. What I have a question about here is the R2 "unlatching" its GN Drive for that nice boost cone... Is that something unique for the R2 like the lack of GN ribbon cable and GN Sword upgrades? OR is it something that Exia was always able to pull off and just didn't for whatever reasons?
At this point, I don't think they saw it as simple as victory or loss anymore. To me, that has been solved by the Reborns vs 00 Gundam battle. By the time they fought this "Final Duel" (I dubbed it in honour of Final Shooting) It was more of a who will come out righteous and who will falter. The battle in essence becomes a battle of the spirit. The cone burst, seeing how it was essentially the same cone from the first Exia, unless they gave the cone an overhaul while it was on 00 Gundam, which is unlikely, it always have been able to do that.

Edit: Forgot my pics. They are exactly the same externally.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6843 ... lpower.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3138/gndrive.jpg
Last edited by speedstriker on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
pd771

AnimeMun wrote:As for the rest, one of the things I enjoyed about the 0 vs Exia battle is the fact that NEITHER USED TRANS-AM! Sure, they could have done it and had a bigger bang for the buck but it was unnecessary. What I have a question about here is the R2 "unlatching" its GN Drive for that nice boost cone... Is that something unique for the R2 like the lack of GN ribbon cable and GN Sword upgrades? OR is it something that Exia was always able to pull off and just didn't for whatever reasons?
Well, I assume neither used Tran-Am as they simply couldn't. Not only had 00 used Trans Am recently, but neither 0 or R2 had the drives in long enough to store particles in their condensers.

As for the R2 question, we don't know, since no new info on the redesign was given. Though that question may be answered on the inevitable kit release.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
speedstriker

pd771 wrote:
AnimeMun wrote:As for the rest, one of the things I enjoyed about the 0 vs Exia battle is the fact that NEITHER USED TRANS-AM! Sure, they could have done it and had a bigger bang for the buck but it was unnecessary. What I have a question about here is the R2 "unlatching" its GN Drive for that nice boost cone... Is that something unique for the R2 like the lack of GN ribbon cable and GN Sword upgrades? OR is it something that Exia was always able to pull off and just didn't for whatever reasons?
Well, I assume neither used Tran-Am as they simply couldn't. Not only had 00 used Trans Am recently, but neither 0 or R2 had the drives in long enough to store particles in their condensers.

As for the R2 question, we don't know, since no new info on the redesign was given. Though that question may be answered on the inevitable kit release.
But the point I'm trying to make is that none of that matters to them anymore. Be it Trans-AM, or twin drive or Transam burst. All that matters now is that they are fighting for the future. What ever it takes and however that will be obtained is the least of their concern at this point. I can't speak for Ribbons, since he seems to have faltered after the encounter with Tieria, but for Setsuna, he will fight for the world's future no matter what it takes, no matter what he could or could not do, and he will die trying if he has to. So to me, the whole thing about trans-am and how powerful each of their machine doesn't matter a single bit anymore at this point.
pd771

Dude,l I was just trying to explain why they may not have used it in universe. The stuff you're talking about is all plot points, not technology.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

Wingnut

jam!: I would think so given how we saw GN capacitors in many places on the Gundams and the GN-X line of MS. An upgrade to the armor wouldn't be a real surprise either given the higher amount of punishment they went through before folding.

Symbolhime: It looked like a Tieren to me too.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
scythedd7

AnimeMun wrote:Those links aren't working anymore.

As for the rest, one of the things I enjoyed about the 0 vs Exia battle is the fact that NEITHER USED TRANS-AM! Sure, they could have done it and had a bigger bang for the buck but it was unnecessary. What I have a question about here is the R2 "unlatching" its GN Drive for that nice boost cone... Is that something unique for the R2 like the lack of GN ribbon cable and GN Sword upgrades? OR is it something that Exia was always able to pull off and just didn't for whatever reasons?
They work for me, you just have to give them a sec.

Also, something I noticed building my Exia model you could unattach those lock armlets on the drive on it (something I assumed was to allow the purging of the drive, which also makes since as to what those armlets are for) so I would go ahead and say yea it could have, but he just never did (or he didn't know one could do that). The carriage for the R2's drive is unchanged in anyway I noticed to, so I really don't see why it would be different.
Last edited by scythedd7 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...?
speedstriker

pd771 wrote:Dude,l I was just trying to explain why they may not have used it in universe. The stuff you're talking about is all plot points, not technology.
Sorry. I wasn't exactly trying to object to what you said. I just thought my point was somewhat related to what you about the said about the in universe explanation. I'd agree with you on that... Maybe I shouldn't have quoted you.
Draco Starcloud

Personally, I thought the Ribbons Gundam looked a little more like the God Gundam, but that's just me.

Losing Veda really must have had an effect on the Innovators because it seems like Lockon has an easier time beating them with a nearly-destroyed Gundam with only a second of Trans-AM than he did fighting the Arche Gundam with a near-perfect unit.

Also, seeing Exia was a surprise for me. I thought for sure they'd've just recycled the thing rather than save it like that.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Brave Fencer Kirby

Draco Starcloud wrote:it seems like Lockon has an easier time beating them with a nearly-destroyed Gundam with only a second of Trans-AM than he did fighting the Arche Gundam with a near-perfect unit.
Of course, that certainly couldn't have anything to do with their respective pilots...
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Arsarcana

plau wrote:Wiki says the model number for Gaddess is GNZ-004. Where is the source for that? Thanks in advance.
As far as I'm aware, none of the models you listed have official model numbers yet. Given that this is wikipedia you're talking about I suspect the source of that number is 'the place where the sun shineth not' of some random poster. It may turn out to be correct but unless there's a magazine scan I've missed it's currently nothing more than a wild guess.
AnimeMun wrote:What I have a question about here is the R2 "unlatching" its GN Drive for that nice boost cone... Is that something unique for the R2 like the lack of GN ribbon cable and GN Sword upgrades? OR is it something that Exia was always able to pull off and just didn't for whatever reasons?
Given that the Drive was fresh from the 00 I assume it's a feature of the fourth generation cone technology rather than something unique to the Exia.
Genocide

Arsarcana wrote:Given that the Drive was fresh from the 00 I assume it's a feature of the fourth generation cone technology rather than something unique to the Exia.
Honestly, the cone didn't even seem to do much aside from being flashy. Setsuna still built up momentum by running before using his thrusters, and the end effect really shouldn't matter since he's performing a forward stabbing motion.
Recon 5

The cones were probably the ones used in the new (old?) suits themselves, not those from the 00. The O's had the same 'full power leak' as it had during its first appearance back in season 1 while the R2's could produce the same 'GN Rings' as the 00.

It's interesting that before this episode none of the Gundams ever ran on the ground for any reason.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Arsarcana

No, those were definitely the 00 cones. First, there's no way or reason for Ribbons to have had access to 0's original drive cone and no particular reason for CB to have kept Exia's around either. Ribbons didn't even know 0 Gundam was going to be there.

Second, even if for god knows what reason both sides had the old cones available why would they bother removing the GN Drive, fitting it into the new cone and then sticking the thing on their respective suits instead of just plugging the current and perfectly functional ones in?

Lastly, 0's cone is very clearly not the one it used originally. That cone was longer and had grooves in it that weren't seen in any subsequent generation of the system. Also, 0 didn't have the same hugely wasteful particle emissions. I didn't see massive 'GN wings' at any point in that sequence. The only time their emissions seemed to differ was right at the end when Exia pulled that flashy but essentially pointless move and 0 did a slightly different one. Dramatic effect, nothing more.
Kira-sama

I have to disagreee, while 0 cone is definitely 00's cone, Exia one is its own old cone.

Here a dcreenie from S1 ep1:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1881/conef.jpg
and one from S2 ep 25 :
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3138/gndrive.jpg
Fear me, I eat people.
Chris
Administrator

plau wrote:Does anyone know the Model numbers for:

Masurao
Susanowo
Empruss
Regnant
Gaga
Reborn Gundam

Wiki says the model number for Gaddess is GNZ-004. Where is the source for that? Thanks in advance.
Those numbers haven't been released, or else I would've been the first to put them up. If the Japanese Wikipedia said that about the Gaddess, I'd probably believe it because it has some credibility. But the English language Wikipedia has zero credibility when it comes to Gundam mobile suit data.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
razgriz

sometimes i feel like exotic suits like the reborn/regnant/emprus dont need model numbers, i mean just the name enough, its not like they planned to produce them en masse, the gaga and the gadess i can understand having model numbers but no need to be formal when ur tryin to take over humanity hehe

however the thing i wonder about most is the masurao/susanowo since technically its a flag, or at least headwise, wouldnt it carry something like an svms-01 designation or something along those lines?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
pd771

razgriz wrote:sometimes i feel like exotic suits like the reborn/regnant/emprus dont need model numbers, i mean just the name enough, its not like they planned to produce them en masse, the gaga and the gadess i can understand having model numbers but no need to be formal when ur tryin to take over humanity hehe

however the thing i wonder about most is the masurao/susanowo since technically its a flag, or at least headwise, wouldnt it carry something like an svms-01 designation or something along those lines?
I don't think it was a Flag or had actual Flag parts, it's head was just very similar under the armor.

Wingnut

Take a look at the arms and legs as well. Those are very similar if not identical to their counterparts on an Overflag.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
pd771

Wingnut wrote:Take a look at the arms and legs as well. Those are very similar if not identical to their counterparts on an Overflag.
That doesn't make it an Overflag though. It's obvious (and talked about in the animation) that it is based on Flag design philosophy, but there is no evidence given that it is built on a flag frame. I also think that the cannon in the gut off the suit is in the Flag cockpit location. So it's very unlikely there was an actual flag under there. It was spiritually a Flag though.

RedBlitz

Masurao/Susanowo is what I like to call an upgraded Flag. Take the Flag design and make it Gundamish... Gundam weapons, technology etc... and then you get the Masurao/Susanowo.

Simple as that. It's not a Flag per se, but it kinda is.... just a 3xtimes better. Keyword here is 3. lol
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei