The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk XIV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk XIV

For all your Gundam 00 mecha needs. Please tag spoilers, don't post random crap with no backing or source, and refrain from being jerks.
Meteoid wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:That thing's got a sweeeet head design. Can't wait to see a better pic.
That said though, I do find interesting that the thing has two Tau Drives.
OTOH, I'm kinda disappointed that they went the whole "MS-hidden-inside-a-ginormous-ugly-thing" route again. Granted neither this potentially very sweet-looking MS not the Giant Ugly GunCannon are quite so hideous as the Alva-whatchamacallits.
But still. Ribbons loses major points in the creativity department in my book.
Ribbons likely helped Design the Alvatorre for Alejandro, (I'm pretty sure all alejandron actually did was the colour :P ) It would explain the similar design philosphy, and the visors of course.
SonicSP

So.........any of you guys have any idea on whether Celestial Being can actually go deep space exploration?

I wonder how Veda is so powerful......for centuries.Who's been guarding it all this time?Did the Celestial Being (The ship) exist for centuries as well...it is quite a peculier design.

So many mysteries about the organisation......yet so little answers.
Darkenvoy254

SonicSP wrote:So.........any of you guys have any idea on whether Celestial Being can actually go deep space exploration?

I wonder how Veda is so powerful......for centuries.Who's been guarding it all this time?Did the Celestial Being (The ship) exist for centuries as well...it is quite a peculier design.

So many mysteries about the organisation......yet so little answers.
If there is truly a movie tie in to the series then i think we just might get our answers. However on the topic of technology I am pretty sure that colony ship can go deep space it did say it was part exploration so i see why not. It sure is armed well enough to hold off invaders
"Big O showtime!"- Roger smith(The Big O)

"You still owe me 11 lunches" Guld Goa Bowman (Macross Plus)
OutLawSuit

Likely Jupiter is as far from Earth that anyone has been.

Also Veda was likely just hidden very well. Doubt many people have been extensively exploring the far side of the moon when Earth's space colonization project is only a few decades old. Doubt there was a huge presence in space till the elevators came around.

As for that asteroid ship, that's hard to say. My guess would be it was a secret base in the asteroid belt that was weaponized and brought back to Earth fairly recently, similar to Axis. I'm not convinced that all the GN-Tau drive derived weaponry and camouflage is centuries old technology.
Meteoid

But still, If Veda really was built 200 years ago how does it still remain so powerful? I can accept it's computing power being better than everyone elses since Aeolia was able to perfect the GN Drives which no one else even had a clue about, so he probably did the same for Quantam Computing, but still, parts wear out or overheat. What would they have done if something broke?
Darkenvoy254

There probably was a selected group of people who knew where Veda was only people who Aeolia could of trusted and there children. Heck it could of been Aeolia own children
"Big O showtime!"- Roger smith(The Big O)

"You still owe me 11 lunches" Guld Goa Bowman (Macross Plus)
AnimeMun

Meteoid wrote:But still, If Veda really was built 200 years ago how does it still remain so powerful? I can accept it's computing power being better than everyone elses since Aeolia was able to perfect the GN Drives which no one else even had a clue about, so he probably did the same for Quantam Computing, but still, parts wear out or overheat. What would they have done if something broke?
I'm sure Aeolia had it to where for the first century of his cold nap that he'd come out of stasis and perfect most of Veda's tech with no one else the wiser and probably had all the different Haros assist him with it while the group celestial being on the outside concentrating so much on Gundam development and training of people within the organization that it probably wasn't all that hard for Veda to be kept into a cutting edge power house, I mean the only thing Aeolia didn't go for is bullet proof glass on his frosty bed or the pilot suits. Then again he might have just thought "Bullet proof glass is for pansies"
SonicSP

Real men sleep in unprotective glass,he may even wanted an easy escape if something went wrong went he woke up.

I always though the idea of GN-Particles making Veda powerful,above all other computer but you can't create them without GN-Drives.Since Trans-Am increases the computing power of Cherudim,for predicting attack paterns based on where it is aimed at.

And GN-Particles seem to be at the core of Celestial Being
technology superiority above the world,it seems to be the one thing missing from the world,while their technology is advanced,it is probably not that much compared to the world;their advances are probably based on the world's discoveries plus their own(Which would definitely be helped by those) but it's the availability of GN-Particle element in their hands tha give Celestial Being their edge.

I know they say Veda is self evolving but.....come on.....unless computing technology hasn't improved much.I also wonder what they meant by "it's appearence changes with the times".Maybe it recolours itself every 10 years......

Unless Veda is actually using other computers for it's power,it's act as a "leash" of sorts to computers that are slaved to it,and it continuosly re-update and remodel to make it more powerful and unbreakable,continuing for 200 years and Veda is always ahead that it's remains powerful.

Or maybe Veda took over the world 200 years ago, and installed a Veda.com program on each and every computer that ever leasves a factory so it can always access and take advantage of it.The Union president did mentione data security was weak 200 years ago.
Meteoid

SonicSP wrote:I always though the idea of GN-Particles making Veda powerful,above all other computer but you can't create them without GN-Drives.Since Trans-Am increases the computing power of Cherudim,for predicting attack paterns based on where it is aimed at.
Trans-Am doesn't increase Cherudim's computing power, The Holoscreen activates to process data faster because Trans-Am means Cherudim is moving and shooting faster. Basically Trans-Am doesn't increase computing power, Ian increased the computing power increases to keep up with Trans-Am

Anywho with regards to Veda, I've just a had a thought. We don't know how old the Innovators are and since we've seen that they can get new bodies anyway (well Ribbons can at least) Perhaps Veda uses them as it's tools to look after it and repair it when needed.

I think 00F expanded on the nature of Veda a bit when Hanayo linked up shortly after the Final battle but I can't remember any specifics.
RedBlitz

To anwser a few questions.

- Veda was probaly being repaired by haro's. It wasent the family of Aeolia because he cut all ties between them and I doubt it was Aeolia himself.

- Aeolia didnt have bullet proof glass because at that point it wouldnt change anything. If someone found your secret base and you sleeping in a big techno coffin, bullet proof glass or not. You're going to get killed somehow.

- No one has ever really guarded Veda, it was just supper hidden. Probaly impossible to find unless you're an Innovade or you know where it is.
Last edited by RedBlitz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
latenlazy

I can buy self evolving well enough. When Veda needed a hardware upgrade old installation hardware would be used to construct or install new hardware. Data might be backed up in a private server, or even using a network of servers, maybe servers Veda could temporarily hack into, imagining the amount of bandwidth we'd have in the future. Meanwhile when installation hardware got old old installation hardware would be used to construct new installation hardware. If you build a system well enough self evolving with no human intervention is entirely possible.
hdiuy

According to this it is stated that 0-Raiser requires a pilot to activate the Riser system. And it got me thinking cant Haro do it? Ian could have put in the calculations in the Haro to do all the work this way Saji would not be needed, it makes Saji seems like he is very good in it though so far we have yet to see Saji adjusting the system when Setsuna was about to use it. Or perhaps its like Lockon tuning Dynames in his own rather then relying on Haro.
Jumpy Jumpy Jumpy!!!
latenlazy

hdiuy wrote:According to this it is stated that 0-Raiser requires a pilot to activate the Riser system. And it got me thinking cant Haro do it? Ian could have put in the calculations in the Haro to do all the work this way Saji would not be needed, it makes Saji seems like he is very good in it though so far we have yet to see Saji adjusting the system when Setsuna was about to use it. Or perhaps its like Lockon tuning Dynames in his own rather then relying on Haro.
Adjust, not activate.
hdiuy

latenlazy wrote:
hdiuy wrote:According to this it is stated that 0-Raiser requires a pilot to activate the Riser system. And it got me thinking cant Haro do it? Ian could have put in the calculations in the Haro to do all the work this way Saji would not be needed, it makes Saji seems like he is very good in it though so far we have yet to see Saji adjusting the system when Setsuna was about to use it. Or perhaps its like Lockon tuning Dynames in his own rather then relying on Haro.
Adjust, not activate.
I'm under the impression that Haro was better in calculations then Saji was. Perhaps its because i have never work very very sophisticated machines before, because i'm not satisfied with the answer.
EDIT: I understood the whole thing.
Jumpy Jumpy Jumpy!!!
latenlazy

hdiuy wrote:
latenlazy wrote:
Adjust, not activate.
I'm under the impression that Haro was better in calculations then Saji was. Perhaps its because i have never work very very sophisticated machines before, because i'm not satisfied with the answer.
EDIT: I understood the whole thing.
This goes into the what's better, Human mind or AI debate, of which this series doesn't bother to answer. Best not to make assumptions and just go along with it. If a human operator works better then a human operator works better. Whether it's because humans can account for unexpected variables or because of love power who cares, that's just how it is.
DeltasTaii

I dunno, just figured I'd note that the Ribbons Gundam is a transformation of the Ribbons Cannon, not a mobile weapon inside another one. It might armor purge like Nadleeh, but there's definitely common pieces there.

Just as meaningfully, it's looking pretty ReGZ with the smooth faceplate and blue crest with white antennae. Pity they didn't make another not quite a Gundam vs. Gundam scenario out of like Alvaaron considering.
toysdream

DeltasTaii wrote:I dunno, just figured I'd note that the Ribbons Gundam is a transformation of the Ribbons Cannon, not a mobile weapon inside another one. It might armor purge like Nadleeh, but there's definitely common pieces there.
If we're taking bets, my guess is that the red "cannon" parts are on the back of the white "Gundam" form - we can see a couple of Gundam fins poking out behind the cannon form's head, and the magazine scans we've seen show a red block behind the head of the Gundam form. In other words, Ribbons just ripped off the gimmick of the Seravee, which seems pretty typical for this non-innovative Innovator. :-)

-- Mark
Genocide

DeltasTaii wrote:Just as meaningfully, it's looking pretty ReGZ with the smooth faceplate and blue crest with white antennae.
I thought the same thing when I first saw it. It even appears to have the exact same color scheme as the Re-GZ. I suppose that would make the Ribbons Cannon a glorified BWS. It's sort of fitting, given the Re-GZ's the second strongest machine Amuro has piloted (possibly on par with his custom Zeta). Also, given how the Re-GZ is a more conservative design, people won't be jumping around screaming rip-off like they would if Ribbons ended up with a GN Nu Gundam.
ZeroBusterXX

They should have just given him a GN-Dijeh!
SonicSP

I wonder how the Original plan involved making people into Innovators....Twin Drive System/Trans-Am was just backup.....

Unless they were meant to be released after the plan reached a certain stage,but was given earlier due to Aeolia's plan.

Heh,maybe Aeolia was suppose to be awakened after the plan reached a certain point,where he would give them the TDS/Trans-Am but since he died,it was released as contingency.

I'm guessing the Innovedo's been upgrading Veda all this time,since they do live in Celestial Being(The file also said something about Veda being moved there).I still wonder about their creation though,but it seems Ribbons is the overseer of Aeolia's plan or something like that.