The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mark XIII

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Aegis

You mean Regene, not Revive. :P And I guess the reasoning is simply 'because he's an Innovator', and they're not? >> Maybe Ribbons in a suit was simply a formality and doesn't need a suit, at least not for a certain amount of time. Who knows.
Recon 5

Wang and Hong probably came in using space suits and didn't bother to take them off because they were there covertly and having to re-suit isn't exactly something you'd want if someone saw you. Regene on the other hand had been there all along and therefore didn't need to put on a suit.

However, who says Innovators need air anyway? Perhaps some of them might have been modified with the ability to self-pressurize and breathe vacuum.

EDIT: argh, ninja'ed
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Xanadu

Meteoid wrote:Today's thought. How in the name of all that is holy does Revive just stand floating there when Wang and Hong Long need space suits? Presumably Innovators need Air since they wear pilot helmets and suits. And Ribbons has a space suit when they go to hack Veda.
Well, Ribbonz and the Inovators in a-laws/Anew probably wear them to "fit in" so everybody wont be like "Holy **** he/she can be in space without air, or something like that since I doubt Ribbons wants them to attract attention to themselves in that way.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Trisk

azrael wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:
SNT1 wrote:Confirmations here:

-We see Trans-AM 00 Raiser destroy a MM this time---and now, it's clear---IT'S A GIGANTIC BEAM SABER as opposed to TBR-style point-and-drag.
I stand corrected.

Anyway, how many more orbital cannons does A-Laws have? From my count, this one should be the last of them but I could be wrong.
This was #2 according to what I heard. Perhaps they rebuilt #2 during the 4 months.
Not necessarily. A-LAWS numbering of the Momento Mori's may not coincide with the order we've been shown. I would assume, considering the lack of a long time gap between the first Momento Mori shown (Ep. 12) and the second Momento Mori shown (Ep. 16), that they were all constructed in around the same time frame.

If we are assuming that A-LAWS did build one for each area between the orbital elevators (and it would certainly make sense), then the first things we should do is try and figure out which Momento Mori coordinates to which area.

The first Momento Mori displayed in the show attacked Suille, in the Middle East, meaning it was likely the one between AEU Africa Tower and HRL Heaven's Pillar, because the Middle East lies between Africa and Australia. Furthermore, right before Katharon's attacking fleet is blown up before the end of Episode 12, you can see what seems to be the Indian Peninsula right where it would need to be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ ... ch/MM1.png

(Note: the screenshot of the show has the ring where the MM is located going from top to bottom, which is why the India region shown is rotated)

The second Momento Mori in the show attacked Africa Tower, and thus would likely be the one between the Union Tower in South America and the AEU Africa Tower. This can be corroborated by some shots before Momento Mori fires on the tower - something that looks like the West Coast of Africa and the Atlantic Ocean can be seen underneath that MM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ ... ch/MM2.png

This lastest to make an appearance, assuming that both other towers were fully destroyed (and both did explode rather vibrantly), would, by process of elimination, represent the Momento Mori between Heaven's Pillar and the Union Tower in South America. While I don't have as much to check this, it can be seen right before the attack zooms into Cherudim that they're over a huge body of water, which would make sense, considering the Pacific Ocean makes a large portion of the area between Asia and the Americas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ ... ch/MM3.png

Now, taking all this into account, we can try and speculate on the Momento Mori's numbering system. My suggestion would be starting at the Greenwich Meridian and going east - that would make the first tower Momento Mori I, the lastest tower Momento Mori II, and the one that destroyed Africa Tower Momento Mori III.

Anyways, there's my (probably way overdone) speculation concerning our resident superweapon system of 00.
Aegis

...or the MM we see here was actually moved to yet another region along the ring, and that the 'numbering system' was simply made for the benefit of the regular viewership that it's the same MM as the one that shot the tower. :P The fact that it still fired dead on despite seeing the explosions says that the thing may still be in good enough condition that it could be repaired, and that said explosion really is more of a dramatic look.

Not that your thoughts on a numbering system isn't sound or anything, and you may very well be right that the '2' really is just a label. Until otherwise, however, I don't believe it's as thorough as you say it is.
Trisk

As I saw it, the gun barrel had enough energy focused to fire off the shot, regardless of what happened to the rest of Momento Mori. That's what Setsuna realized when he started screaming about it not being enough.

You may be right as well, but it exploded rather definitively once the shot got off. >_> Then again, wouldn't be the first time looks deceived me with this series.
Aegis

As I said, the shot was still bang on despite the explosion managing to even engulf the gun itself, thus my suspicion raised, and my thought of said explosion being nothing more than smoke. This isn't the first time we've seen spectacular explosions like this, only to show that the thing that exploded was in better condition than we thought. Wing and the Gundams doing their self destruct comes to mind. Furthermore, unlike the first Memento Mori where we not only see the explosion, but also the whole thing blow apart off the ring itself, we don't see the aftermath of the explosion. Rather, we see the beam hit the tower, and everything else was all about the elevator ejecting its panels. That's why seeing the Memento Mori being referred to as 'number 2' in this episode made me think that it's one and the same.
Genocide

SNT1 wrote:Confirmations here:

-We see Trans-AM 00 Raiser destroy a MM this time---and now, it's clear---IT'S A GIGANTIC BEAM SABER as opposed to TBR-style point-and-drag.
I wouldn't entirely label it a beam saber. It's not the first time we've seen a beam in Gundam behave like a laser-cutter, and we don't even know what exactly distinguishes a "beam saber" from a regular beam in AD. Regardless though, the fact that it uses four "arms" to charge the blast wouldn't exactly make it a saber anyway, and it's slow rotation wouldn't make it practical for use as one either.

I'm kind of interested in recent spoilers stating that the 00-Raiser manages to "engulf" the battlefield in GN particles. I wonder if we'll see something like the Throne Drei's stealth field again; only with random Newtype-esque weirdness going on.
Arsarcana

Gone Astray wrote:We've also seen the Eins, Drei, and GN-X variants use small, one-way Fields
I remember seeing the GN-X's shield and I know the model manual says Eins can create a similar effect but I can't recall seeing it actually do it (I recall being disappointed that I never saw it after reading the manual) and I really don't remember seeing Drei create a field. When did it happen?
Sharrakul

Arsarcana wrote:
Gone Astray wrote:We've also seen the Eins, Drei, and GN-X variants use small, one-way Fields
I remember seeing the GN-X's shield and I know the model manual says Eins can create a similar effect but I can't recall seeing it actually do it (I recall being disappointed that I never saw it after reading the manual) and I really don't remember seeing Drei create a field. When did it happen?
I'm not sure it counts as a GN field, but during the initial attack on the HRL base when the Thrones get driven off by the GN-Xs, doesn' t the Drei turn around and block a shot with the particles coming off of its back thrusters?
T.V.

Trisk wrote:Now, taking all this into account, we can try and speculate on the Momento Mori's numbering system. My suggestion would be starting at the Greenwich Meridian and going east - that would make the first tower Momento Mori I, the lastest tower Momento Mori II, and the one that destroyed Africa Tower Momento Mori III.

Anyways, there's my (probably way overdone) speculation concerning our resident superweapon system of 00.
I was thinking the same thing.
And for a MM to be rebuilt I reckon it would take longer than a mere 4 months.
Gadget

Given that this is a Gundam series, that will be a tradition of a even more bad @$$ super weapon that the CB have to destroy.
RedBlitz

Meteoid wrote:Today's thought. How in the name of all that is holy does Revive just stand floating there when Wang and Hong Long need space suits? Presumably Innovators need Air since they wear pilot helmets and suits. And Ribbons has a space suit when they go to hack Veda.
Euh I think you mean Regene Regetta, right?

Anyway they looked like they were in a sealed compartment, so I dont think they really needed a space suit. But spaceships, giant death ray battleships, orbital elivators etc.. have a tendancy to blow up... so why not have a space suit ready just in case??
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Meteoid

RedBlitz wrote:
Euh I think you mean Regene Regetta, right?
Eh, :? Woops, I meant Regene but typed Revive....My fingers must have a mind of their own
Windknight

Ok, about the main gundams weapons - all of the new gundam weapons feature some form of transformations -

00's rifles transform into swords.

Cherudim's sniper rifle transforms into an LMG, and its pistols tramsforn into hatchets.

Seravee's handheld bazookas can be combined or docked with the shoulder beam cannons.

What exactly does Arios's beam rifle change into? all I can pick oet is the upper barrel seems to able to be separated and szilled up from the lower one, but i can't figure out what its supposed to become
Take flight, and strike from the heavens
Meteoid

Maybe it doesn't become anything. They don't have to transform, the new weapons are just updated versions of the old ones and as such fix any problems faced by the old ones, the 00's sword/rifles are a modification of Exia's, basically allowing it to switch from sword to rifle mode quicker. The Cherudim's rifle adresses the issue Dynames had which was that it couldn't fire rapidly (Think episode 12 when Ali lauches those missiles). Seravee's two bazookas allow it to fire while the other is charging and increases it's overall firepower.
Kylern

Arios rifle can turret and shoot ground targets if need by... Thats the only thing I know it can do.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Laevatein

Windknight wrote: What exactly does Arios's beam rifle change into? all I can pick oet is the upper barrel seems to able to be separated and szilled up from the lower one, but i can't figure out what its supposed to become
The tilting upper barrel is for use in flight mode, it tilts down so it can better strafe ground targets as per its official description.
Gadget

Meteoid wrote: Seravee's two bazookas allow it to fire while the other is charging and increases it's overall firepower.
I got the impression that the Seravee keep pulling Freedom's spamming. Ok. So far, the beams goes in one direction, not the multiple target type like Freedom. But it really does look like Freedom spamming.
jam!

Not quite.

Tieria doesn't do it ad nauseum and he does do other stuff besides the giant blast through the GN field.