The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Unit 11

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Aegis

The chess inspiration makes so much sense given what we've seen thus far in the series. If this is indeed true, then that's a very good find.
Gelmax

Judging by the text, it seems like they started with the designs of the main characters and their Gundams, and that is the period of which they speak - at that point, it seems like they hadn't even started to think up the plot, the physics, the Macguffins, the enemy mechs, or even the second season. One would also assume that they started cutting out the chess-related stuff when Sunrise decided to do Code Geass at the same time, to avoid unnecessary similarity. Many of the weapon styles remain from that original period, and I'd assume the pilots have pretty much the same personalities, but otherwise the chess motif pretty much evaporated.
T.V.

Additionally, of interesting note is this snippet from the mecha thread, concerning the creators' intent:
Queen Gundam (Nadleeh's prototype)

Like the queen who has no blind spots, it has an extensive attack capacity, above the board (battlefield) this type dominates the MS below with it's special grabbing capability.

Originally with something like a "Psychomu-like ESP enabled Gundam" ability to grasp other MS units (not limited to Gundam types) as well as being equipped with wireless weapons which could be used as attack and defense tools (fannel[s]).
If the original idea behind the Trail System was for it to be usable against any MS, wouldn't it be logical to assume that it isn't completely nerfed to anti-CB Gundam use only, but applicable against "any solar reactor equipped machines, such as (but not exclusive to) Gundams"?

It's not evidence, but this bit of "creators' original intent" -if indeed true- is tantalizing nonetheless.
toysdream

T.V. wrote:If the original idea behind the Trail System was for it to be usable against any MS, wouldn't it be logical to assume that it isn't completely nerfed to anti-CB Gundam use only, but applicable against "any solar reactor equipped machines, such as (but not exclusive to) Gundams"?
Originally, perhaps, but that doesn't mean the idea made it unchanged into the animated story. After all, the reason why it's called the "Trial" (not "Trail") System is because it allows the Nadleeh pilot to judge his fellow Gundam Meisters and punish them if they're deemed unworthy.

-- Mark
T.V.

toysdream wrote:
T.V. wrote:If the original idea behind the Trail System was for it to be usable against any MS, wouldn't it be logical to assume that it isn't completely nerfed to anti-CB Gundam use only, but applicable against "any solar reactor equipped machines, such as (but not exclusive to) Gundams"?
Originally, perhaps, but that doesn't mean the idea made it unchanged into the animated story. After all, the reason why it's called the "Trial" (not "Trail") System is because it allows the Nadleeh pilot to judge his fellow Gundam Meisters and punish them if they're deemed unworthy.

-- Mark
Just as Exia's sword able to pierce Virtue's GN field if Tieria's unworthy? ;)

I still think it'd be weird that the Trail System would end up being the only anti-Gundam meassure not eventually applicable to "solar reactor equipped machines" in general.
Especially if its function turns out to be GN technology related.
(Which in itself is fairly logical to assume, considering that every other plot relevant technology is GN related as well.)

I'm sure that while Aeolia Schenberg calculated treason into his plan, he must have thought of technology theft as well -as it happened in the anime- as he seemingly wanted to cover all bases just in case.
Therefore I have to assume he has indeed covered all the bases in relation to GN technology and all of its (mis)uses.

Anti-GN technology based weapons by nature aren't just suited for combatting rogue Gundams, but also other "solar reactor" powered MSes, which resulted from said technology theft.
It's my view that Aeolia explicitly didn't bring up this possibility to those following his plan (as not to shake their confidence).
Protecting the plan's executors from this knowledge, allowed him to control this variable as much as possible.

Foreseeing the unforeseen works best if you prevent others from getting on to you, including the pawns that are part of your organisation.

Anyway, I'm just musing out loud.
Perhaps tomorrows episode will tell us more and prove I'm wrong? :P
Red XIV

Are you still stuck on this idea of the Trial System being able to shut down anything with a GN drive, even though Tieria could've singlehandedly won the final battle of season 1 if that were the case?
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Wingnut

Red XIV wrote:Are you still stuck on this idea of the Trial System being able to shut down anything with a GN drive, even though Tieria could've singlehandedly won the final battle of season 1 if that were the case?
No, he couldn't have. His ability to use it was removed just as he was about to take out the Throne Eins. Plus CB was disconnected from VEDA by then anyway.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

yeah it's been confirmed that it's designed to dominate anythign linked to Veda, not anything with a Solar Reactor
toysdream

T.V. wrote:I still think it'd be weird that the Trail System would end up being the only anti-Gundam meassure not eventually applicable to "solar reactor equipped machines" in general.
No offense, but is there some particular reason why you insist on misspelling it as "Trail"?

-- Mark
SNT1

So, after this ep. we see 00-Raiser in battle.

It performs as expected, until Trans-AM, when Sesuna and Saji get NT-ish visions (as if 00-Eva---00 Gundam swallowed them up due to high sync rate) Saji and Louise start to communicate telepathically because of the huge amount of GN released. I don't know what the deal was, but this one's defying common sense to me
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
T.V.

toysdream wrote:
T.V. wrote:I still think it'd be weird that the Trail System would end up being the only anti-Gundam meassure not eventually applicable to "solar reactor equipped machines" in general.
No offense, but is there some particular reason why you insist on misspelling it as "Trail"?

-- Mark
D'OH. Recurring typo on my part.
Anyway, I see it's no use arguing about the technology involved in the Trial System until we get some more answers from the show itself.

For now, I'm more interested what 00 Raiser* and Arios Archer have been doing and are capable of. ;)

*Could Raiser/Raizer's name originate from an Engrish 'Gattai' of "to rise" and "to raise"?
You could say for example that the 0 Raiser raises the 00 Gundam's potential allowing it to rise above all other Gundams.
toysdream

T.V. wrote:Anyway, I see it's no use arguing about the technology involved in the Trial System until we get some more answers from the show itself.
Good idea. Since the Innovators are already tempting Tieria with the promise of Veda access, and since the Seravee kit manual tells us it has secret features that can only work with a connection to Veda, I think there's a good chance that we haven't seen the last of the Trial System just yet. :-)
*Could Raiser/Raizer's name originate from an Engrish 'Gattai' of "to rise" and "to raise"?
Remember that "raise" can also refer to an exponential increase, like the "squaring" of GN particle output promised by the Twin Drive System...

-- Mark
NIGHTSHADOW99

It's offical, 00 Gundam is the most badazz mobile suit out right now, taking the number one spot away from Mr. Bushido's Ahead.
I've told you......to treat them delicately, as if they were a virgin or a feather!
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

wow, so Saji ain't a half bad pilot, at least he didn't bite the big one while under fire, and wow, the Raiser whooped an Ahead without even trying, that thing is gonna be insane when Setsuna goes all out, did anyone notice that the connectors to the drives from the Raiser seemed to have orange conduits?
Arsarcana

Shame we don't get to see the Archer in action yet but I suppose it makes sense that the fastest unit should cover the fleeing CB members (nice touch showing that the organization isn't just a dozen people too). Maybe next episode since the fight isn't over yet, though 00 Raiser looks set to make quick work of everyone.
hdiuy

Just a thought, with 00 Raiser it seems to be very fast but is it faster than Arios. If so then Arios would have lost in its generic MS purpose.
Jumpy Jumpy Jumpy!!!
RedBlitz

hdiuy wrote:Just a thought, with 00 Raiser it seems to be very fast but is it faster than Arios. If so then Arios would have lost in its generic MS purpose.
Arios/Kyrios' speciality has always been it's hit and run attacks, it's great speed and the ability to draw away ennemy fire from the 2 support Gundams. That fact has not changed, true the 00 Gundam-Raiser seems to have surpassed the Arios in all aspects but why else do you think they built the GN-Archer??

So that the Arios can continue on with it's original role and I wouldnt be surprised to see the Archer equipped with some more long-range firepower to make up for Arios' weakness.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
NIGHTSHADOW99

I'm not sure if I heard correct, but didn't Lockon say that they just finished loading support systems for Seravee and Cherudim? Interested to see what these systems are and what they do.
I've told you......to treat them delicately, as if they were a virgin or a feather!
Xanadu

Well, that pretty much screws my theory of those wings being fangs...
Seriously though, wtc are GN particles....I thought they were solar related because of them being called solar furnices yet I really don't see how solar particles can cause people to have newtype encounters like that...
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Gone Astray

NIGHTSHADOW99 wrote:I'm not sure if I heard correct, but didn't Lockon say that they just finished loading support systems for Seravee and Cherudim? Interested to see what these systems are and what they do.
My guess is the Cherudim's shield bits are now functional. I haven't a clue as to the Seravee, though; it could be that mysterious Seraphim System we've been hearing about.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"