In the final episode of 0079

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
abaoaqu

In the final episode of 0079

After entering A Baoa Qu with the damaged Gundam, how was Amuro able to destroy the Zeong's head without being in the Gundam?
Сиг Зион!
ShadowCell

The Gundam's learning computer controlled the Gundam in those final moments, if I recall correctly.
abaoaqu

ShadowCell wrote:The Gundam's learning computer controlled the Gundam in those final moments, if I recall correctly.
Thanks
Сиг Зион!
jam!

How did the learning computer determine that Char and the Zeong were above it?

That seemed really Newtype-ish to me. I always thought Amuro programmed the Gundam to keep walking and then fire upwards.

Is there an official source stating that it was all the learning computer's decision?
Brave Fencer Kirby

jam! wrote:I always thought Amuro programmed the Gundam to keep walking and then fire upwards.
Ditto. It seems a lot more likely that he programmed in the MS equivalent of a macro than the learning computer spontaneously exhibited an isolated case of autonomous control.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
scythedd7

I agree that Amuro programmed it to due what it did, but I would also imagine that the computer could do some simple target acquisition and slight firing adjustments. Something to do a little compensating of the aiming post amuro programming it what to due (such as fire on this target above). It seems plausible and even likely, to insure a hit
...?
Zerosystem

It's implied that the RX-78-2's learning computer was able to gather data on Amuro's newtype senses as well as his combat data. IIRC, in Char's Deleted Affair, GMs with new combat movement data installed in them were capable of some awesome evasions, and in the Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart manga, it's said that the Jupiter Empire happened upon a wrecked Federation Core Fighter, and the subsequent data they found was used to create and develop numerous bio-brains, in the hopes that one of them would develop newtype abilities (One did, and it was installed into the Amakusa).
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Strike105

otaku1 wrote:i think it was he leerning comp that id if you remamber hes gon agenst char many time and more then once char has attacked from above so i think the comp figerd the the zongs head whoud attack from above becuse as it was it whoud only get one good shout and knowing chars tactics a attack from above was the mos likely cors of action
Dude, you seriously need to work on your grammar. Nontheless, I agree that it was programmed by Amuro to fire upwards. No mobile suit at that time had an AI except for maybe the Blue Destiny and Efreet units which used the EXAM system to simulate newtype abilities.
Last edited by Strike105 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalfDemonInuyasha

We also can't forget the F90 manga where, in the final bout of the battle, the Federation's F90, which happens to be equipped with an "Amuro Ray AI", happened to fire upwards at the charging down (captured) Mars Zeon F90 which was equipped with a "Char AI". =)
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Nowhere Man

If I'm recalling right, the name of the RX-78-2 Gundam's learning computer is the Inferential Navigation Control (ICN) System, which uses data from previous experiences and re-writes its own programming to deal with new situations. All this is made possible by the "high performance optical circuitry" within said computer. Don't ask me why this "optical circuitry" enables the ICN System to re-write itself. It just does. Apparently it's just that good/complex.

I have a really old topic from either Gundam Watch or Gundam Evolution concerning Mobile Suit operating systems archived on a hard-drive somewhere. I'll see if I can drag it up, because it's some really interesting stuff.

Anyway, I'm guessing that Amuro didn't even have to tell the Gundam what to do, because it seems that this wonderful computer can just do its own thing. My guess is that the ICN thought to itself, "Huh, that shaft might be a good place for the enemy Mobile Suit to hide..." -- or whatever such string of 0's and 1's approximates it.
Has no real point of view.
Knows not where he's going to.
Isn't he a bit like you and me?
Lans

I believe it is not even that complicated.

Amuro might just activated some pre-configured command. Function like a simple do-this macro. He knew Char is hiding, thus he used the macro function aboard his Gundam to: Continue walk straight, scan the area, (if target detected) attack nearest threat, done.

OFC, I like that explanation better since I hardly trust that the Gundam learning computer can execute such things automatically just from the experience. IMO, learning computer is limited to learn and adjust the joints or mechanism in the MS. It’s like learning what kind of movements are best suited in what conditions and on what command. Thus it might only useful for making MS runs faster, reduce the time in aiming, better in blocking or parry, and more efficient in overall movements or reaction time.

It is the base for advance system like ALEX or even ALICE but the Gundam learning computer hasn’t been shown able to take control or even slightly giving any kind of support to the pilot. :P

The difference is between "do my command" and "search and destroy".
To "do what I've told you" is basic, but telling your MS to "search and destroy" is a different matter. In that case, the computer should able to learn and judge the area conditions, level of threat, target selection, and ultimately to pull or not to pull the trigger.