The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Unit 09

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Dark Duel

Also, Ep2 makes it abundantly clear that Ribbons does not know about the Twin Drive System, so I find it very unlikely that the Tau Drives have that capability.
Also, as azrael points out, a Tau Drive has a limited GN Particle supply. Even assuming it's possible to link 2 Tau Drives in a Twin Drive, square the output of the drives and you very significantly reduce its operating time, so it would still be inferior to a true GN Drive/Twin Drive System.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Xanadu

Is there any sort of lineart out for that red Throne from the intro?
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
yazi88

When it actually AIRS then there'll be lineart. Or atleast not until a few weeks or something cause it hasn't even gotten all the meisters gundams yet let alone a damn Throne.
speedstriker

Hey guys, bad news.

I found this image recently and I think the idea of a piggy back MS on the Seravee is probably confirmed.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4046 ... taiml0.jpg

Seeing how yo can clearly make out its knees and torso is one fatal hit. Another thing is the clearly distinguishable chest, and waist armour.

Well guys, seems like for all of us who were wishing to see a Gundam gattai, our hopes have once more been dashed by the cruel reality.

RIP CB Rangers (2008-2008)

Edit: Fixed link
Last edited by speedstriker on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
r34racer01

speedstriker wrote:Hey guys, bad news.

I found this image recently and I think the idea of a piggy back MS on the Seravee is probably confirmed.

http://zip.4chan.org/m/src/1224383793845.jpg

Seeing how yo can clearly make out its knees and torso is one fatal hit. Another thing is the clearly distinguishable chest, and waist armour.

Well guys, seems like for all of us who were wishing to see a Gundam gattai, our hopes have once more been dashed by the cruel reality.

Link ain't working bro.
Don't steal, the government hates competition.
SNT1

http://zip.4chan.org/m/src/1224383793845.jpg

Never ever link directly to 4chan. They disappear rather fast.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xanadu

yazi88 wrote:When it actually AIRS then there'll be lineart. Or atleast not until a few weeks or something cause it hasn't even gotten all the meisters gundams yet let alone a damn Throne.
But there was already lineart posted for the other two thrones and they wern't even in the intro...
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Areku

Xanadu wrote:But there was already lineart posted for the other two thrones and they wern't even in the intro...
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, this is not the Throne in the opening. Neither is this, or this. And the Turbulenz and Varanus aren't even from 00 proper, but one of the side stories.

Edit: Typos and reverse ninjas.
Last edited by Areku on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
young_oldtype

Xanadu wrote:But there was already lineart posted for the other two thrones and they wern't even in the intro...
Throne Varanus and Eins Turbulenz? I believe they appeared in 00V.
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Gelmax

Torso? Clearly distinguishable chest? I can see how one might think those were knees and waist armor, but there's no chest or torso there - if that's a breakaway MS, it's a head attached to a pair of legs, and a close look reveals that it's illusory, as while the "legs" look like they could unfold, if they did they'd have a nonexistent range of movement due to the way they attach to the "waist". In fact, if that "pair of legs" looks familiar, that's because it's very similar to Cherudim's tail and probably serves a similar purpose as thrusters or a defensive weapon/utility.
SNT1

From where speedstriker got that image...

totally unofficial, but this is a good 'artist's impression' of what it could look like if it was really a separate unit:

Drone? G-Bit?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
VentZX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/ ... tled-1.jpg

Check out that hinge. That's pretty strong evidence that something is up. By the way, it's interesting to note that most of the backpack is not actually attached to the Seravee. Gattai is pretty much completely out of the question now, but a drone MS of sorts is looking rather likely.
radioactive28

T.V. wrote:
Xanadu wrote:http://i37.tinypic.com/6sq2x1.jpg
Another thing I found on Animesuki.
Not exactly sure what to make of it....
Looks like Sefer can fit on all Gundams up to generation 3.
The caption actually says, "If it's a Gundam from 00, it will combine."

Now I'm just curious as to what this implies for the O Riser, since the Sefer is supposed to be its predecessor(?).
It doesn't quite make sense that the O Riser would combine with the others, since it's an evolution of the GN Arms Type E.
radioactive28

Gelmax wrote:

Torso? Clearly distinguishable chest? I can see how one might think those were knees and waist armor, but there's no chest or torso there - if that's a breakaway MS, it's a head attached to a pair of legs, and a close look reveals that it's illusory, as while the "legs" look like they could unfold, if they did they'd have a nonexistent range of movement due to the way they attach to the "waist". In fact, if that "pair of legs" looks familiar, that's because it's very similar to Cherudim's tail and probably serves a similar purpose as thrusters or a defensive weapon/utility.
If the legs are real and do unfold, they'd be very much like the Wondwort's legs in its basic form - not so much for walking or having legs as having something to vector thrust or stands to perform landing. Which raises the question of its energy source.
young_oldtype

radioactive28 wrote:
If the legs are real and do unfold, they'd be very much like the Wondwort's legs in its basic form - not so much for walking or having legs as having something to vector thrust or stands to perform landing. Which raises the question of its energy source.
A GN capacitor that can be recharged while docked on Seravee?
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Recon 5

SNT1 wrote:From where speedstriker got that image...

totally unofficial, but this is a good 'artist's impression' of what it could look like if it was really a separate unit:

Drone? G-Bit?
Seems to be based off the stockier animation backpack than the dessicated number we see on the model prototype.

It might be some kind of "active defense" that would allow Seravee to attack in all directions at once, instead of a separable unit.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Indicible

What about that red cross we see in the opening? Could it be generated by those parts that look mobile?
It still would not tell us its purpose, though...
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
Jak Crow

So I was able to acquire the 00F manga, and it turns out the Plutone has a core fighter that contains the solar furnace. Still no explanations regarding the multiple GN condensers it has, but the core fighter is interesting.

Plus, all the Gundams in this side story are operating at the same as those from the show. I had thought these solar furnaces had been passed down over the years to the current Gundams, but that wasn't the case.
V2Buster

Jak Crow wrote:Plus, all the Gundams in this side story are operating at the same as those from the show. I had thought these solar furnaces had been passed down over the years to the current Gundams, but that wasn't the case.
The Gundams in 00F were all sharing the 0 Gundam's solar furnace. They state as much in the manga. That drive has since been returned to CB proper and put into the 00.
iguanaman8989

Looks like episode 3 answers our questions about the Ptoley's ability to make planetfall.