Least Powerful/ Weakest Gundams?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Least Powerful/ Weakest Gundams?

I've seen people elsewhere discuss this, So what does everyone think are the least powerful Gundams and Why? These can go from suits specs, to Gundams that seem to get damaged easily in combat.(SPOILERS)

- The Duel Gundam: Compared to the other four units Duel is a "Testbed", and has nothing really notable about it. It doesn't specialize in any category, nor does it try to combine all of the categories (That would be the Strike Gundam). It has somewhat limited armaments, and sees an upgrade later to fix this issue.

- The Sword Striker Gundam: Of all the Striker Packs this was the least used. As Ed Harrleson showed an anti ship sword can be very useful, however this was the prototype unit, and thus considerably underpowered.

The Abyss Gundam: Of the three prototypes it is the first one to be destroyed and the only one whose destruction ends in the death of its pilot. It's rare to have a Gundam be aquatic themed, and maybe was too specialized. The Chaos is heavily armed, and the Gaia can transform into a Zoids/Bucue style unit, but the Amphibious Abyss, Doesn't really bring anything new to the battle.

Gundam Airmaster: Of the three Mass Produced Gundams from the 7th Space War, this was the least heavily armed, and its main power was transforming into a mobile armor. While this is an advantage in combat it's less of one than the artillery theme Gundam Leopard, and Satellite Cannon Equipped Gundam X

-Gundam 4th : a powerful , heavy, Gundam unit that can wipe out an entire fleet with its cannon, however the pressure on the reactor results in the death of Luce Kassel it's pilot in an explosion.

- ZZ: Despite possibly having the most armaments' on a main UC Gundam till the Unicorn, The ZZ suffer's from a power related issue in that its main weapon proceeds to drain all of the suits power. Thus it cannot fight for a long time and use it's weaponry.
MythSearcher

Re: Least Powerful/ Weakest Gundams?

Spec and position wise I'd say the Aqua GM.
Yes, I insist GMs are Gundam Mass-production, so they are Gundams.
Obviously they are not only worse than their land counter-parts(other than the generator output), they are pretty much the worse amphibian MS out there, the regular GM and GM ground are at least, spec wise, better than the MS-06 and likely 07.(And in space the GM is better than 09R and has similar spec to 14A.)
Kuruni

Behold, Märchen Gundam.

AFAIK, the thing is children attraction during Gundam Fight event, its armor material is plastic and rubber.

And while we almost know nothing about it, Zizi Gundam look incredible weak (interesting, the design note seems to suggest that its pilot is 100 years-old Amuro!)

Although consider how FC universe operate, I won't surprised if both can kick ass when they really have to.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:14 am Behold, Märchen Gundam.

AFAIK, the thing is children attraction during Gundam Fight event, its armor material is plastic and rubber.

And while we almost know nothing about it, Zizi Gundam look incredible weak (interesting, the design note seems to suggest that its pilot is 100 years-old Amuro!)

Although consider how FC universe operate, I won't surprised if both can kick ass when they really have to.
In the FC Universe, all Gundams are supposed to be designed as the representative of that country, thus won't be too weak compared to other MS of the time. So position wise, they aren't weak at all, they might be weak against other Gundams, but not to other grunts.
The Zizi Gundam (I'll transliterate that as Jiji BTW) isn't really weak looking, at least quite to the "old Kung Fu master style" if you ask me. Meanwhile, Dog Gundam seems to have some licking issues.
hitokirigarou

Counting anime-only Gundams, it's either the RX-78-2 or RX-79[G].
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:15 pm I've seen people elsewhere discuss this, So what does everyone think are the least powerful Gundams and Why? These can go from suits specs, to Gundams that seem to get damaged easily in combat.(SPOILERS)
Anything from Build... because they're just plamodels. :wink:
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:28 pm
Mafty wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:15 pm I've seen people elsewhere discuss this, So what does everyone think are the least powerful Gundams and Why? These can go from suits specs, to Gundams that seem to get damaged easily in combat.(SPOILERS)
Anything from Build... because they're just plamodels. :wink:
I thought of that, but in its own world, they are still pretty powerful.
Also, if you really think about it, the Plasvky particles make all of those pretty powerful weapons, the GBF series ones are not to be toyed with.
(Maybe not as killer robot as the LBX counter parts, but still...)
Underrated GM Custom

MythSearcher wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:41 pm Spec and position wise I'd say the Aqua GM.
Ironically the Aqua GM is the current overpowered GM floating around GBO2. It's so good you see them on Desert maps constantly. :(

As for weakest Gundam my vote goes to Märchen Gundam as well. Although I wonder if there's a Gundam version of the GM Juggler that throws RB79 Balls at the enemy. I remember seeing a 00 Gundam Kitbash once where instead of a Twin Drive it was a Twin RB79 Ball system.
Kuruni

Seto Kaiba wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:28 pm Anything from Build... because they're just plamodels. :wink:
Except when they're on Eldora.
MythSearcher

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:59 pm
MythSearcher wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:41 pm Spec and position wise I'd say the Aqua GM.
Ironically the Aqua GM is the current overpowered GM floating around GBO2. It's so good you see them on Desert maps constantly. :(
I don't think I have ever seen a game honouring the settings or even the anime, they just make whatever they like and claimed it is for the balance of the game, but in truth, I don't see they being balance at all most of the time.
Although I wonder if there's a Gundam version of the GM Juggler that throws RB79 Balls at the enemy. I remember seeing a 00 Gundam Kitbash once where instead of a Twin Drive it was a Twin RB79 Ball system.
Remember RX-78 has two hammer type weapons so we do have a Gundam that throws balls at the enemy. ;9
Underrated GM Custom

MythSearcher wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:08 am I don't think I have ever seen a game honouring the settings or even the anime, they just make whatever they like and claimed it is for the balance of the game, but in truth, I don't see they being balance at all most of the time.
Encounters in Space (PS2) is the closest to a perfect Gundam game for me. Wonderful roster of suits, many scenes redrawn and animated by the same artist as 0083, bunch of fun sidestories and (at the time) lesser known Aces. Plus the gameplay was great, it was quite a blast playing as Amuro and sinking multiple enemies and ships in a rapid time frame.
Remember RX-78 has two hammer type weapons so we do have a Gundam that throws balls at the enemy. ;9
I think we should set out sights higher, we should modify GP01's Aqua Equipment to allow it to throw the Fisheye at enemies. Swap that harpoon gun out for a laser and we would finally have ill-tempered sharks with laser beams. To think the 0083 Rebellion manga was so close to greatness.
Kuruni

Well, Build Strike does literally throw RB-79 in Build Fighter during the baseball match.

Change it to Haro however, and behold Super Gunball.

If you want less violent utilization of Ball, then see Nurse Gundam.

...although I guess SD is a little beyond the scope of this thread.
MythSearcher

I always forget to mention B-Gundam after typing the other things.
https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/B_Gundam

Yes, it is just a RB-79 with a big Gundam face attached on it without caring for mass and balance.
It did destroy 6 enemy MS and making Umon an Ace pilot(if his words are to be believed), and the RB-79 spec actually made it comparable to the MS-09R, but very likely greatly reduced in thrust-to-mass ratio with that mask on it, which is the Ball's (only) advantage.
Underrated GM Custom

Oh I had forgotten they toss around RB79s in GBF. Well I see that and raise you Magical Ensign Blaster Mari who knocks around an RB79 Ball during a basketball match. The magnetic coating on this ball allows the turret to spin 3x as fast.

If the pilot of this Zaku survived I think he could be the canonical arch-villain of the B-Gundam.
MythSearcher

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:50 pm If the pilot of this Zaku survived I think he could be the canonical arch-villain of the B-Gundam.
I hope they retcon that to be a special type of weapon Zeon designed to look like an RB-79, just packed with explosives.
Mafty

The Narrative Gundam(SPOILERS)? It was only a testbed unit to start with (one that was invented for the movie adaptation no less) and doesn't even have any armaments' to begin with, which unlike the Stargazer Gundam isn't an advantage. It does have "Packs" added on to it which aide in the firepower. However in every battle the Narrative either gets damaged or fails to meet its objective. By the end even its rather cool looking Bird-Like escape Plane gets 5 seconds of screen time before being destroyed. Plus as Gundam Pilots go Jona is fairly average, admittedly a lot of this ties in to his personal issues and character development. Still though for a Gundam, The Narrative seems rather weak, not counting being overpowered by the near supernaturally powerful Phenex.
Underrated GM Custom

MythSearcher wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:18 am I hope they retcon that to be a special type of weapon Zeon designed to look like an RB-79, just packed with explosives.
I think Zeon should have adopted that as an official war-tactic. Who needs beam weapons when you kick one enemy into another. Imagine a Gundam-san parody universe where the Gundam is still nigh-invincible but everytime it gets a Char-kick it launches him into an exploding GM. The punchlines would write themselves. :lol:
HalfDemonInuyasha

The Gundam Mark II. Aside from the full body movable frame, it was merely an experimental unit with no plans to be upgraded by the Titans. Basic weaponry, lesser armor quality, very quickly matched/surpassed by other units. How it made it through ZZ without any (new) upgrades like Zeta had with the G-Defenser, I'll never know.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
domtropen

Given that GM III inherits MkII's backpack and Barzam Kai is basically Barzam + MkII fusion, MkII is quite underrated.
Underrated GM Custom

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:06 pm The Gundam Mark II. Aside from the full body movable frame, it was merely an experimental unit with no plans to be upgraded by the Titans. Basic weaponry, lesser armor quality, very quickly matched/surpassed by other units. How it made it through ZZ without any (new) upgrades like Zeta had with the G-Defenser, I'll never know.
I thought in the Zeta movies its mentioned that the Titans planned on replacing the armor with Luna Titanium once testing was completed. If that's the case it does beg the question, why didn't the AEUG put luna titanium on the MK-II at any point in its long lifetime?