Jerid's Byarlant?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Jerid's Byarlant?

What exactly happened to Jerid's Byarlant? It''s never destroyed, Jerid just stops using it after awhile, and for some reason uses Rosamia's Baund Doc at the end. Was it render obsolete? Or did Jerid develop further Newtype powers necessitating using a specialty MS.
Seto Kaiba

Re: Jerid's Byarlant?

Mafty wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:50 pm What exactly happened to Jerid's Byarlant? It''s never destroyed, Jerid just stops using it after awhile, and for some reason uses Rosamia's Baund Doc at the end. Was it render obsolete? Or did Jerid develop further Newtype powers necessitating using a specialty MS.
The closest I've found to an explanation is that no actual reason was given directly.

It's implied that he simply traded up to a newer, more capable MS in the Baund Doc.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:07 pm It's implied that he simply traded up to a newer, more capable MS in the Baund Doc.
And the irony is that he pretty much only had a victory against Kamiile in the Byarlant.
Mafty

That is what I also found odd; it really seemed as though the Byarlant was going to be Jerids final mech unit, The whole Baund Doc thing came out of nowhere(plus it's Rosamia's). Especially because Jerid didn't seem like that powerful of a Newtype(compared to say Sirocco).
Kuruni

He was supposed to has his custom yellow Baund Doc.

And according to the HGUC manual, oldtype using a Baund Doc has its control system modified.
My girlfriend was a loli.
BrentD15

Kuruni wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:00 am He was supposed to has his custom yellow Baund Doc.

And according to the HGUC manual, oldtype using a Baund Doc has its control system modified.
But Jerid isn't really an oldtype by the time he uses it. He's a fledgling Newtype.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25