Episode 17 - Star-crossed

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

-Alexandria-class Kirov
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Bar-zam? Is that what the tech said? I dunno.."

Looking up at the Barzams, Jason is undecided if this "limited" suit is the answer to the rebel problem. Grabbing his chin he looks at the fixture on top of the suit's head.

"Whatever happened to all the Gundams running around the One Year War? And what is up with that horn? AND for once can't we have a mobile suit without that mono-eye Zeon lookin' crap!"

Jason wearing a puzzled look tries to examine the new suit. Assuming Patrick followed him, Jason slips up looking for answers.

"What do you think?" Jason slaps his forehead as soon as he realized that he couldn't possibly get any useful info from Miller. At least not useful in this reality.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
EfreetCustom

--Patrol Area around Antonymous Task Force Echo--

Alex didn't move an inch, as Pendeagon and Roberts were squabbling he did a look up on his MS's computer and found out that the Buxaro was doing a patrol at that moment. He heard the same thing come out of Pendragon's mouth a few moments later. Alex then moved his Hizack close to Roberts and put his left hand on his shoulder, opening the personal line.

"Sir, the thruster flashes appear to be freindly units. I belive we should just continue with our patrol. Sir....Pendragon might be trying to make you slip up, you should be on your toes....i'll back you up."
"This is no Zaku boy! No Zaku!!!"
Ascension

-Dervish, Sickbay

"What the hell happened to her face?"

"Ix-nay on the ace-fay!" Jim hissed.

Grinning and stepping in front of Pan he said aloud, "Sorry about the misunderstanding. He's new. Now... Where were we? Ahh, yes, rumors. Specifically... well, might as well go ahead and say it... Is it true we're throwing our hat in the ring with the good people of Axis?"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
The Loser Villain

- Echo Patrol -
- Buxoro Team -

As Aaron waited for a response from Lieutenant Robin a familiar voice suddenly blaired over the radio:

"YOU TWO!"

Tightening his grip on the controls, he prepared for a verbal assault from Buxoro Team's CO:

"When did I give the order to launch!? Hm!? Can either of you answer me that!? Forget it; I'll answer for you. I never gave that order. I don't care if we're officers; expect to be cleaning the Head with toothbrushes when we get back. DeRossi's gonna get the same if he doesn't show up soon."

"Now let's see how badly you two can screw up a routine patrol in friendly territory. Our flight path's gonna take us to cover the Buxoro and the Kalinin. DeRossi just ran out of time to show up, so we're starting without him and letting him fry when we get back. Follow me and try not to mess up anything more complicated than stepping on your foot pedals."

Falling into formation behind M-Hover, Aaron considered protesting that yelling SCRAMBLE over the PA was cause for launching ASAP. But he reconsidered, feeling as though the Lieutenant would probably give him another chewing out and then have him clean every thruster on his Hi-Zack with a cotton swab.

"Sir," he said to M-Hover, "Are there any other teams out on patrol as well?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
ORegan

During Jason and the LT.'s slight disagreement, Patrick was actually paying attention. In his mind he started to think that his new commander wanted him to fight with the other pilots when off duty. Confused, he started to think if any of it would make sense and help. During this time of half assed thinking, he didn't even notice Nick grabbing him, much less feel the grip.

When Jason started to think, it destroyed his Thomas the tank engine train of thought. The mention of parrots delighted Patrick, as he loved colorful things. As he followed, he saw a large blue MS that looked like a large parrot, which only served to put a smile across the big oaf's.

When asked what he though, Patrick finally got a chance to say something good. "Well, if you ask for my complete and honest first impression, I would be inclined to give my rather distasteful lack of interest in yet another mono-eyed mobile suit. Also, judging from the specifications that are over there on the table, one would come the obvious assumption that this humanoid machine of destruction is nothing more than and upgraded HiZack, while keeping the elements of Zeon well withing it's intentional cosmetic design."

Just kidding. :p He actually replied with this:

When asked what he thought, Patrick could only reply to Jason's question his own. "Polly is nice an blue...and has one eyes...is Polly a pirate?"
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Cardi Doorl

-Alexandria-class Kirov
- Mess Hall -

"I don't read for fun, Gill," muttered Sam. That much was true; she'd never been the bookish type to speak of, and had read books only when assigned for some kind of class, and even then only if she couldn't find some means to circumvent actually reading them. "The only reason I picked these up," she continued, "Is because it was pretty much the only thing I was allowed to do while I was in solitary on Gryps. This isn't really what I call a pastime." It was, of course, just a way to keep from losing her cool, but she'd never put it into such words. Of course, when you, on multiple occasions, heard the voice and saw the image of the dead guy you replaced, maybe your cool's long since been lost.

"Regardless, Gill," she sighed, glancing, for only the tiniest fraction of a second in spite of herself, at the new pilot at the adjacent table, "I recommend not yapping about Jamitov and Om around so many strangers. Just a tip from someone who doesn't much care either way if you were to vanish in the night."

- Alpha Team Ready Room -

"Allow me to tell you this, Grace Kelborn," murmured Stukov with his moderate Russian accent, "I did not bother to read your background. Everything I need to know about you I can see in your eyes."

Now Stukov leaned forward, focusing his vision on Grace's eyes such that everything he saw was her pupils. All his other senses were on full alert, aware of everything else in the room, but his eyes bore into Grace's.

"You are not little bitch. I can see that. You will kill. You have killed, have you not? I can see that you still have the little voice; the little voice that reminds you that you are taking human lives when you pull the trigger. You still hear it, far away and faint, but you already know to ignore it. The day will come when it is silent. When that day comes, you are a soldier.

"Tell me, Grace Kelborn. What kind of soldier are you?"

Leandro slipped in and snapped a lazy salute at about that time. Stukov, however, didn't seem to care, so Leandro slipped into the seat on Grace's right and let off a yawn.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Cardi Doorl

- Echo Patrol -
- Herakles Team -

Everything went by like a whirlwind from Cara's perspective. The guy with the long name (she really, really needed to put a name to face sooner than later, before she made herself look like an idiot) sighted thruster flares and, when Roberts gave orders, Cara moved to comply, but suddenly the Ensign started arguing with the CO's decision. Cara found herself frozen up as the two seemed to bicker, not sure what to do and feeling somewhat intimidated as her commanding officer and a senior pilot shot back and forth.

Before she knew it, Cara felt sick to her stomach.

No no no! Not now...!

Cara clutched her gut as it lurched. She took a few deep breaths to steady herself as sweat beaded on her forehead. After a while, her gut calmed down enough for her to return to a more normal seating posture, her hands clutching the control sticks.

Still in her place in the formation, Cara grimaced as she wished those two would stop arguing. It was too surreal for her to handle.

- Buxoro Team -

Picard snorted at Aaron's question. "I think those idiots from the Herakles are covering the other wing. Or were they from the Ipswich? Whatever; whichever team it is, the point is we do have some other Sally team out there right now."

wonton bob

-Alexandria-class Kirov
- Mobile Suit Bay (Delta Section)-

Jason had already leaped halfway up and caught a lift when Patrick replied. "Polly is nice an blue...and has one eyes...is Polly a pirate?"

Not paying attention to Miller's prattle, Jason responds. "Yeah. That's right."

other than using a beam rifle it doesn't appear any better than a Hi-zack..dosen't appear to be heavily armored...could it rely on speed?

Having chosen the middle Barzam, the lift takes him cockpit level. After sending the lift down, Jason waves Patrick up as he opens the hatch via control panel.

"Why don't we have a little look-see?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
ORegan

Patrick looked up at the now lowered Polly, he only looked at it with worry. Did Jason forget that Patrick had no control of his movements when floating around in space? If the boots didn't have magnets, he'd probably still be floating in circles.

Miller, having one brief moment of intelligence, boot one heel onto the Barzams body, and then the other. The absense of gravity allowed the magnets to keep his feet onto the mobile suit without falling or losing control, and well as being parallel to the floor. Happy that his lower than average IQ plan worked, he walked towards Jason with a smirk on his face and peered into the cockpit.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Psyden

--Task Force Echo--
--Patrol Area around Autonomous Task Force Echo--
--Herakles Team--

That damned Roberts is twisting my words on purpose! He is trying to build a case against me for insubordination or something?!? No. He’s not that clever. Perhaps he is trying to discredit me in front of the others…

Pendragon keeps his voice level, just as he had been doing, but it is getting harder to do so with the way Roberts is acting.

“Sir, there is little probability of us being ambushed in open space with such a low minovsky density. For such an ambush to occur, there would need to be a place where the enemy could hide and there would have to be a much higher minovsky density to prevent us from calling for back-up. Also, taking into account that this is, for all intents and purposes, Gryps’ front lawn, any attack would be suicidal. But of course, that does not mean we can let down our guard. It is just wise to keep the safeties on to keep any… unfortunate accidents from happening. Here, we can afford to get confirmation before we open fire, and that is my personal opinion as your Executive Officer. Just because your training ship was attacked does not mean that a rag-tag organization such as the AEUG will be able to manage the same feat with a force large enough to posse any sort of threat to this fleet. I am just asking that you remain calm for the time being.”

It appears as if I will need to watch this Roberts person more carefully. He is likely to get this entire team killed, and if he some how survives, he’s likely to try and shift the blame to me.

--Alpha Team Ready Room aboard Alexandria Class Heavy Cruiser Kirov--

“What kind of soldier am I?”

The question is more a vocalization of her own thoughts than an answer to the question posed to her. She takes a moment to think about her answer.

“I am not sure if you are looking for a philosophical answer, or a figurative one, but to answer your question: I am a Titan above all else.”

--9th Attack Squadron--
--Sickbay aboard Irish Class Battleship Dervish--

“What the hell happened to her face!?”

Celeste’s eye goes wide when she here’s those words. The euphoric feeling that had been with her since she awoke is now but a memory. Her right hand shoots up to cover her face as she rolls away from everyone else in the room, trying to hide the scar across her face.

“NO! Don’t look at me!”

As she does this, she can feel the darkness at the edges of her mind, gnawing at the edges of her consciousness, threatening to reclaim her, but kept at bay through artificial means.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Dervish -
- Sick Bay -

“Fritz!” came a bellowing voice from the hall as the door was forcefully flung open. "What’s this news I heard about Ax-" Pan Heyden continued before abruptly cutting off his question as he lumbered into sick bay with the other two members of team 1 in tow. While Pan was still gawking agape at Celeste, Michiko’s eyes widened when she realized Angelina had regained consciousness. “Ms. Angeli--” she gushed elatedly before being interrupted by Pan. "What the hell happened to her face!?" Pan yelped, recoiling. "Ix-nay on the ace-fay!" Jim hissed. Fritz’ jaw clenched and he stepped closer to add with a glare, “Christ, Heyden!”.

“NO! Don’t look at me!” Celeste flinched, turning away from everyone and hiding her face. Michiko gasped at Pan’s rudeness and hurried to Celeste’s bedside. “Ms. Angelina, I’m so sorry!” she cheeped, reaching out to rest a hand on her shoulder. “That man is a heathen…” the doctor grumbled, rolling back over to the bed to calm Celeste down.

MacAlpin stepped in front of Pan and grinned in an attempt to defuse the situation and asked, "Sorry about the misunderstanding. He's new. Now... Where were we? Ahh, yes, rumors. Specifically... well, might as well go ahead and say it... Is it true we're throwing our hat in the ring with the good people of Axis?". Fritz’ irritation turned to confusion at Jim’s question. “What do you mean by that? Where did you hear that?”

- Hangar -

Dr. M was wiping his hands clean when his answer sunk in to Jacob. “Oookay…” Markado said as he backed away slowly from the lunatic and got into his mobile suit. “This Rick Dom has been excellently maintained, Mr. Polk. Excellently maintained,” Merkwürdigliebe complimented the chief as he put his jacket back on. He pushed his glasses up and added, “Since her pilot has returned and started the main systems, I’ll start retrieving combat data now if you don’t mind,”.

Sager simply nodded and mentally placed the doctor from Anaheim firmly in ‘crazy’ territory. He had always thought ‘eccentric’ was a nice way of calling someone off their rocker anyway. He decided it wasn’t worth correcting him any more either. If Dr. M was mentally stuck between floors 0079 and 0087, that was his problem until it started making Sager’s life harder.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

Trask saluted Loweno’s XO and responded, "Sir, I have basic knowledge in navigation and mobile suit battle tactics, especially in a space theater. Sorry, sir but I have limited experience outside normal pilot training,”. Stalvern nodded and thought it over a moment before he turned to one of the stations on the bridge and ordered brusquely, “Deke, take a break,”. The soldier spun in his seat, confused, and got up after a moment of grumbling protest under his breath. Lt. Stalvern turned back to Adam and gestured over at the now empty station, “You’re now our second radar man. Your shift just started,”.

- ~3 Hours Later -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

“We’re skirting the edge of Side 2 now, sir,” Wade announced, updating the fleet’s progress. “We’re making better time than expected,” Capt. Abbey observed, folding his hands in his lap. Whether that was good or not was yet to be clear. “We’re going to hit the meeting area early,” Wade nodded, adding quietly, “Guess I need to start triple-checking my math…”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Montague

- Echo Patrol -
- Buxoro Team -

Elijah was soon to give the young man an answer of his own before the white flash of verniers caught the corner of his eye, turning only to see Picard coming to a halt at the pair's side. What followed could only be explained as a rather painful rant. All the while the Lieutenant could only quirk a brow as he recalled the Lieutenant was present in the Hangar when Aaron launched and still when Robin followed a few minutes later.

The pilot simply bit his tongue for the moment, having placed the thought in the back of his mind as they began their patrol about the two cruisers. After a moment of silence passed following Picard's response to the Ensign's question Elijah finally gave a proper response. "A few years worth on the ground during and after the War, no need to really go further. However my time in space is far less impressive."
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
Kylern

Kyle smiled as he got what he wanted out of the guy with a little prodding. So with a rather upbeat tone of voice he decided to answer and once again 'twist' things.

"Thank you Pendragon for agreeing with me. We do need to be on guard I'm just a tad bit more wary than you when it comes to these things. After all you did just say I've dealt with surprise attacks before. Also just for a note to all of you, never discredit the enemy. I don't care what the propaganda says about them the AEUG has proven itself to be more of a pain then they tell us. Why I can say this you might ask? Within the Federation forces there is a growing crack and talk of betrayal to join the AEUG. These are rumors of course but always keep an open mind.

"So thank you Pendragon for being a good officer and giving you honest opinion. I like that actually, and everyone else remember that too. I'm always open to imput because we are in this together and we will come out alive together in the end. I suggest everyone keep your eyes open and continue the operation as given to us. That is all." And with that he ended communications without saying anything about the weapons at all. The point had been to dance around the subject and force the conversation to a close without hurting Pendragon. Despite it all he was still working hard to turn the guy to his side instead of isolate him. That was a quality of a leader he wanted to show. But that still didn't change the fact he was in control and his authority would not be eroded by this pissy guy with a chip on his shoulders.

Kyle did noticed that the girl seemed rather quiet and decided to talk to her himself just to confirm her state. His Hizack touched her shoulder and he started skin communications.

"You alright in there? If its about me and Pendragon then please don't worry. Its just a friendly exchange of ideas." Better to be proactive to a potential problem then reactive.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wedge14

-The Dervish-
-Team 1 Ready room-

Atleast 3 quarters of team one were currently in the ready room. After destroying another plate of hamburgers In the ready room of all places. Pan was now enjoying a smoke, he had been loaning Fritz cigarettes now at a pretty steady basis.

Examining the lit cigarette in his hand he suddenly exclaimed.

"I really should quit. Ain't that right 'Ko?" Pan could tell the the only female with their team was uncomfortable around him. His little outburst in the infirmary probably did little to help her opinion of him. So he was trying to make an effort to make her more relaxed around him. If he was succeeding or not he had no idea.

"We got enough things trying to kill us out there. It make sense to not suck on a stick of posion wouldn't it?"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov
- Alpha Team Ready Room -

"Fighting for a uniform," mused Stukov. It wasn't clear if he said it in disgust, contemplation, approval, or what. It was clear that he was not looking for any elaboration or clarification, as he continued, "That should work. What matters is that you will kill. Otherwise, you would be no soldier at all, and I would be doing everybody a service if I killed you myself.

"You understand that, at least, no? We are nothing but dogs, Grace" - he said the name with a certain harshness on the last consonant sound - "Putting on this uniform means being a killer until you die. The AEUG talks like they are angels and heroes, but they exist only because they also have blood on their hands. In the end, whoever you fight for, we are all the same dogs in different uniforms. The pilot you replaced forgot that, and now there is nothing left of her.

There was a small pause, during which Leandro gave the kind of grin one gives when trying to hold back laughter. It wasn't about what Stukov said, but... something else. Regardless, the timing meant it looked like he was making an effort not to laugh at Stukov. Stukov, for his part, gave no indication that he noticed Leandro and said, "Enough. If you have any questions, now is the time."

- Echo Patrol -
- Herakles Team -

"I'm alright, sir," replied Cara, not entirely sure she was convincing herself, "Getting into position now."

Cardi Doorl

OOC: as with the AEUG idiots, Echo guys who need to wrap something up in the past can still do so, ust clarify that it's happening in the past.

IC:
~Later

- Near Side 2 -
- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Main Bridge -

"We'll be in Side 2 space within fifteen minutes," reported helmsman Mortimer Kellman. It wasn't the first time he'd reported Taskforce Echo's location relative to Side 2 within the past few hours.

"Good," acknowledged Andrewson Trent, "Is the taskforce in formation?"

"Yessir," was Sergei Trochinski's clipped reply, "Currently, we have the teams from the Kalinin and Ipswich on patrol duty. Kirov teams Beta and Delta are scheduled to launch upon entering Side 2 space."

"Good. Keep me posted."

With Echo back on autonomous duty, Trent had opted to patrol Lagrange Point 4, starting with Side 2 and then working his way around to Side 5, where there was bound to be a Federal garrison that would resupply.

Commodore Wolf Ritter entered the bridge then, nodding to Trent but saying nothing before fixing his stony glare on the colonies ahead.

The Big Zabowski

“We’re skirting the edge of Side 2 now, sir,”

Wade made the announcement to the bridge, with Abbey responding almost a matter of factly.

“We’re making better time than expected, We’re going to hit the meeting area early."

Richard ground his teeth slightly as he tapped a finger absently on the chair beside Abbey, staring headlong into the fringe area of the side. Remnants of the war still abound, as chunks of wrecked battleship and other scraps floated far off from the ship. It was almost as if thousands of tiny shining stars came along to greet the AEUG fleet.. But the stigma of what happened here, what the people Richard had sided with had done, that still hung over the XO's head like an albatross.

He began to think to himself about what the 371st had done to the place, leaving their mark in the form of wreck upon wreck of former colonies that even now could be seen being picked for parts.

Staring absently into the dark abyss, Richard watched the lights of the colonies shimmer lightly in the distance as he muttered a thought under his breath..

"Side Two, it has been 7 long years.

Where has the time gone..since we chose our ways. We wish we could savor and cherish every minute of that time; yet in those years passed us by like a dream, or rather a nightmare.

Some horrible twisted nightmare; that we ourselves have created. I guess that time lost is only ours to hold to shame, time that we will never get back."

Richard sat back in his chair and stroked his now well manicured mustache and goatee combo, gray hairs now beginning to show themselves within those deep black whiskers.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cardi Doorl

- Salamis Kai-class Chuikov -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Lt. Jonas Anderson floated into the suit bay to check up on his Nemo. He'd heard the Squadron was entering Side 2 space. Colonial Sides were still contested between AEUG units and Titan detachments, so ambushes could occur at any time while patrolling a Side.

What bothered Jonas, however, were the rumors going around that the 4th was sent here as part of negotiating something with the recently-arrived Axis Zeon. The rumors had never been officiallyconfirmed nor denied, but perhaps it wasn't the rumors themselves that bothered Jonas so much.

No, what bothered Chuikov Team's CO was that he wasn't sure what he'd think if the rumors proved true. What if AEUG and Zeon started working together in some capacity? Sure, the AEUG, as a band of paramilitary guerrilla rebels fighting the government, could use all help it could get, but Zeon? If AEUG worked with them somehow - not necessarily a full-blown alliance, but some kind of mutual agreement - then wouldn't they be playing right into the hands of Titan propaganda? Would the AEUG really be on the moral high ground anymore? Hell, after what he'd seen during the Delaz Conflict, Jonas was pretty sure he wouldn't be comfortable working with straight-up Zabi loyalists. He wondered if the advantages of cooperating with Axis would be worth it.

Jonas mentally slapped himself. These were nothing more than rumors, and here he found himself obsessing over the possible outcomes as though it were a fact! Jonas almost laughed at himself for being no better than the people who passed on unsubstantiated hearsay. Pushing the thought out of his mind, Jonas entered his Nemo's cockpit to run a few routine systems checks.

hellbore

~3 hours earlier~

“You’re now our second radar man. Your shift just started,”.

Adam saluted and took the seat the man named Deke had just vacated. He spent some time getting adjusted to the controls. They were quite different to the setups on the older Salamis' he had trained on.

Oh well, he thought, at least I've got time to learn.

~3 hours later~
-Side 2-

It was still Adam's shift when the fleet reached the outskirt's of Side 2. The radar showed masses of debris floating around the Side, Adam guessed some of it may be as old as the One Year War.

He called out to the helmsman, "Careful, theres plenty of shifting debris to both our port and starboard and also below us. It's fairly light ahead, though that may change. I'll keep you posted."
Sume Gai

Chuikov
-MS Hanger-

Rick was running last checks on the Nemo's camera system which he had just finished replacing

it all seemed to be running fine so he cut off the Nemo and opened the hatch

to his surprise it seemed like the Nemo to the right was in use

'I guess one of the full pilots is checking their machine' he thought
before closing the hatch and floating up to close the access point he had opened earlier.

a quick glance showed every thing was in order before Rick finally closed the cover and checked his watch

'Another hour left in my shift if nothing else needs fixing I guess I'll run a sim' rick thought before heading over to report to the crew chief.