Episode 11 - Granada Vanguard [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Mess Hall -

“You know, tactically speaking, Von Braun and Grenada are the two most important cities on Luna. Control either, and you effectively gain control of either side of the Moon. Now, the Titans must know that we currently have control of Luna. If they wished to deal us a serious blow, it’d be here. But just in case I’m wrong, Lt. Cmdr. Ashlyn, do you know what are forces look like in Grenada?”

Fritz nodded appreciatively at Celeste’s comment. Someone else he could count on that actually understood the AEUG’s situation. “You’re precisely right about Luna. Despite what we would like the Federation and especially the Titans to think, our strength comes from our effective control over the moon, not support from the colonies. Luckily for us, the Titans are still delusional enough to pretend Anaheim Electronics and the lunar cities other than Granada are loyal to the Federation. I was under the impression they still thought our grand secret headquarters are in or under Granada because of the connection with Zeon, but it looks like someone in their high command is starting to wake up.

“The only thing I can tell you for sure about our presence in Granada is that it’s severely less since we left. Sir Maximillian has a lot of pull, and we’re currently the largest consolidated unit the AEUG is fielding. That means when we leave an area, they’re hard pressed to fill the gap. Of course, if Granada ends up being their target, we’re still close enough to move back in time to hopefully turn the tide. We should know by the time they hit orbit where we need to be,”.

Markado chimed in again, his voice tinted with an anemic hope, "With us and the Argama we should be able to take on even the Titan's flagship, right?". Clute gave a neutral grunt and said, “I’d like to think so. But we’re going to be waist deep in Hizacks and Marasais,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Mess Hall--

So that was the plan. Fight defensively at the moon until the Titans run off to lick their wounds, and then go off to find 27th. Wes disliked playing on the defensive, but this is what he'll have to settle for with the AEUG having to shuffle all over space to protect both the different Colony clusters AND the moon. This was much different from Karaba.

He let out a quiet sigh. Maybe it was a bad idea to come to space. Thus far, he has been riddled with doubts since he returned. Where he was more accustomed to Karaba's offensive style, he lacked the confidence while playing on the defensive. All stemming on that incident when he was wrecked by Zeon Remnants sometime before Stardust...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Ascension

Jim sat back smugly in his seat, still maintaining his unusual silence. He was sure that Fritz was wrong. It wasn't the Titans who had taken the colony, it was the true sons of Zeon... While the Titans and AEUG distracted each other near the moon, the sons of Zeon would drop the colony on the fragile, unguarded planet Earth... and Zeon would rise once more...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
The Big Zabowski

By now, Norman and Bernard had gone off to finish the work requested of them during that little debacle. Richard did need those Nemo units checked and rechecked for quality control, but like many commanders, it was used as a diversionary tactic to get the two off his rear so that he could have some one on one time with the Ensign and his little panic attack episode.

He sat in his office, feet propped up on the desk as he thought back to that little confrontation he had with the Ensign.

Al really wasn't the talkative one either when Richard had inadvertently cornered him while the adolescent was still recovering from the tomfoolery that had been going on in the mess hall. Heck, it had taken Richard about 20 minutes to fully calm the kid down. Something definitely happened to this kid at an early age if he was having seizure like panic episodes like these. And that was what Richard delved into during his little chitchat-pep talk.

Hey Al, you wanna tell me what was going on back there..ya didn't look too good."

Richard kept the whole thing on as much a casual level as possible, to make the thing more of a mentor-ship type relationship. he really didn't want to be a hard ass on him, as doing so may have created more harm than good.

Al just sighed and flatly answered the question straight up.

You can drop the counselor act, el-tee. It's just something from way back when that always riles me up now and then. I met a Zaku pilot during the closing days of the war, and we became friends; good friends. He was like a brother. He tried to leave the force after his crew had been mowed down by the Feds, but took up the mission to stop that monster of a Gundam and ended up getting himself killed in the process.

I tried to stop him..but it wasn't much use with me being on foot chasing a Zaku. He got speared in the cockpit by the Gundam's saber. Blew up right in front of me. Idiot fed called his remains "a pile of hamburger.."

Richard let out a huff of a sigh, sort of a signature thing of his when he was showing signs of regret or dejection. He had mentioned death and hamburgers in the same sentence..and was sure that those comments were what sent the kid over the edge. As much as he wanted to take the kid under his wing..help the kid come to terms and prop him up; Richard was getting a vibe that the kid really didn't want help. Rather, he felt that he was capable of taking care of himself.

Al, he was one of the good guys..you know that. But he knew that it was a suicide mission to go up against a Gundam unit with a Zaku. I can tell that you are still mad at the Federation for those transgressions, but remember that not all of them were bad to begin with.

Hell, half to about three-quarters of the guys on the AEUG are Federal regulars that left to fight back. I joined not to get back at the Federation for the loss of the one year war as a Zeon, but rather to set things straight as a colonial citizen.

Remember what your friend did, not how...

Richard paused..he was going to go onto one of his anti death rants again..trying to comfort the kid rather than getting to the bottom of this whole thing...that wasn't going to work.

Al smirked and pushed off the wall, floating down the hall away from the Lieutenant.

El-tee, don't patronize me.. I've been doing those same things for the past 7 years of my life. There's been progress..and I'm sure there'll be more. You don't need to worry about me.

Death is part of war. I saw that first hand, and it's been in my mind ever since. Hiding from it, like you may be trying to do..isn't going to solve anything. You might be the one that needs counseling, Lieutenant.

As the Ensign floated down the hall, Richard let those words ring though his head. Was he hiding? Were kids these days all like the guys back home?

Back home..Shangri-la..

"You used to be such the smart and tough one, Richard. Used to talk your way out of things and do it physically too. Maybe you're going soft Richie..maybe."

Richard snapped out of the daze, having reminisced the whole thing from the comfort of his desk chair in his quarters. On his desk was the open file of Bernard Korbel.

Former Zeon.

Former Delaz Fleet Member..

Delaz.

"Maybe this team isn't going to be the brotherhood I thought it could be after all.

Here I thought us Ayoogers were just fighting to stop the corruption. Now I think we've got some guys that think that they can take down the system all together.

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him..and maybe Al too. If Zeon comes back..then our troubles are just going to get worse."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wedge14

-The New Yark-
-The Hangar-

After their meeting with the Captain......

Pan was slightly bothered what was going on, from what he gathered the whole fleet was parked, protecting the area, when they should be searching for the missing colony, hitting Titan's supply routes, ambushing them. Not sitting here waiting to get butt raped, by the much larger better supplied forces.

He was busy recalliberating his Nemo's controls. It was fresh of the lot still, but the controls where too stiff for Pan's liking.

He poked his head out of the cockpit for a minute to see that the Ensign was looking bored. Since Pan and the kid spent most of the day wandering the ship, when they returned Corey and Ramon, pretty much just took off, going on an extended break while Pan and Thibaut were on call.

Sighing, Pan went back to his adjustments. Trying to keep his mind off what was happening.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Mess Hall -

Fritz waited for anything else before scanning the pilots gathered around the table. His eyes paused on Jim as he said, “If there’s nothing else, then I guess we’re done here,”. Clute nodded and gave the group a “Yo,” as he waved a salute on his way out. Fritz kept his vision locked on Jim until Michiko rose to leave. It wasn’t a threatening look, but just enough to let MacAlpin know he noted his sudden silence during the meeting. When Michiko hit the door, Fritz rose from his seat and followed her.

- Hallway -

“Michiko...” Fritz called out after her as she walked back in the direction of her quarters. She kept walking, head down and arms crossed, her pace quickening a bit as she turned a corner. When he made it to the turn in the hallway, he found her stopped in the middle of the corridor. “Michiko,” he said again softly as he approached her. She turned around and brought her head up to look Fritz in the eye. For the first time in a while, he suddenly felt very small under her gaze, and her teary silence filled the hall until Fritz spoke up again.

“...I’m sorry,” he said, reaching out for her arm before letting his hand drop back to his side. “I’ve seen colony drop sites first-hand... I’m sorry, Michiko. I overreacted and–“

**SMACK**

Michiko withdrew her hand quickly and folded her arms back against her body. Fritz stood for a second, his head turned slightly from the slap. His jaw tightened and he righted his vision. Her accusing eyes silenced any attempt at continuing his apology, and his vision dropped to the floor. He didn’t move until her footsteps were out of the range of his hearing.

“LtCmdr. Ashlyn, you have a visitor. Please report to the hangar. LtCmdr. Ashlyn, please report to the hangar.”
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Mess Hall -

The discussion went on for a few more minutes before Fritz said; "If there’s nothing else, then I guess we’re done here." Clute, Eckardy remembered his name now, was the first to leave, followed by Michiko and Fritz shortly after that.

Eckardy stood and turned to face all the other pilots. "Well kids, this.... has totally f***in' sucked." He grinned and started toward the door as the PA System informed Fritz of a visitor. He reached the door and turned back towards the pilots. "Thank you Londenion!" He yelled, grinning and sticking his tounge out and he darted out the door.

Back in the mess hall, Marvin deflated. "Please forgive Ed, he's being himself." He said weakly before getting up and heading to the chef's foodline to get something to eat. Greydon and Grunwald both followed him and the trio then moved toward another table.

Eddie started back toward the first ready room but decided to take a break from his music. Now what? he thought for a moment. Jane was on duty at the moment, Alan was off duty and probably sleeping. Ed didn't feel like bothering Marvin at the moment. Eckardy was bored.

"Visitor..." Eddie muttered his thought. It was probably nothing interesting, and Eckardy knew enough people down in the hanger that it usually made trips down there somewhat interesting. He made up his mind and started down to the hanger.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Psyden

When the meeting concludes, Celeste zips back over to Celeine with a cheerful, if unnecessary “I’m back!”

Meanwhile, Jack slips through the door and down the hall…

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
King Monkey

Jacob watches the other pilots disperse without moving. He has to agree with Eckardy, though he'd be loathe to use those particular terms. It seemed like the AEUG was too busy putting out the fire at their feet to worry about the one that might be burning down the building. But then, he couldn't think of a better solution either.

He cast a glance over at Celeste and Celeine, wondering who the latter was briefly before looking at the door. Michiko looked pretty upset and he felt a certain connection to her since she seemed to be the least experienced pilot other than him. But she probably just wanted some time to herself.

Leaning back in his chair, he tossed the last peanut up in the air and caught it in his mouth--can't do that in 0g, now can you?

"I thought the good guys were supposed to win," he muttered to himself as he chewed thoughtfully.
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Lift 3 -

The mark on Fritz’ cheek was beginning to fade by the time he stepped into a lift that would take him down to the hangar. Now his thoughts were occupied by the visitor that awaited him. More secrets he’d have to keep from his own pilots? Something new to worry him further during the combat operation? Maybe they’ve found 27th. It’s headed to earth, and we’re going to warn Karaba and let it go. “No...” Fritz muttered, frowning at the idea.

- Bridge -

All of the crew on the bridge sat stiffly at their posts, desperately trying to avoid being noticed by Gates and Wong Lee as the two huffed and puffed at each other through a connection with the Argama. Even Abbey had taken a “break” suddenly when he realized who was calling, leaving Wade in charge.

“And I think you’re missing the point, Maximillian!” Wong rumbled, folding his arms for effect. Gates’ balled his hands into fists and shot back, “SIR Maximillian, Wong. And I’m not missing anything. You idiots can throw all your money away playing space wars, but I’m not a moron,”. Wong’s face turned crimson in anger and he yelled, “You think this is a game? Your money might buy you clout, but it can’t buy you respect. If you keep penny pinching, you’re going to get every man and woman in that fleet killed! This isn’t about your net worth, you fool, it’s about the AEUG!”.

Maximillian drew himself up to a condescending height and posture and donned a sneering frown. “Close this connection. I’ve heard enough. Wong, the 4th is going to help your little Argama out of this, and then we’re going to have a long talk,” he snapped, waving a hand to have his order carried out. Wade took a moment to realize Gates was finished, and finally nodded, “Close it, Jane,”. The main screen flashed back to it’s ready display.

- Hangar -

When Fritz entered the Hangar, he noted the presence of a small civilian shuttle, the kind Rush had landed in previously. Leaning against it was a man in Federation tan, so Fritz approached him first. “I’m LtCmdr. Ashlyn,” he said, but the man smiled and pointed behind Fritz before re-folding his arms. Fritz turned around sheepishly and found himself face to face with Elizabeth, his wife.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ascension

Jim left the gravity-laden portion of the ship as quickly as possible. When he hit zero-g, he went bouncing off the walls like a total noob in his joy. A passing bridge officer looked at him strangely, but he simply shrugged and said, "Hey, a guy's got to have fun sometimes, right?"

Thinking of the bridge and those who manned it turned his thoughts towards a pretty little graveyard shift comm operator he had met about a week before... He glanced at his chronometer (I love how science fiction rarely refers to them as watches... thought I'd carry on the tradition...) and noted that she might actually be awake at the current hour... maybe.

Ahh, well, he'd have to risk it... Maybe she could get a transfer to a different watch?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
EZero8

--The Dervish--
--Mess Hall--

Wes had stayed back at the mess hall after the meeting after realizing how hungry he was. He had grabbed a quick meal to eat while he continued to think. He continued to be undecided about his decisions... and his concern was being on the defensive.

It didnt really concern him that much that the fleet was to defend a target, but situations like these brought back very bad memories.

He finished his last bite and clenched his teeth. That was the last thing he wanted to think about, yet those thoughts have been getting more frequent since his return. Was he really that afraid of failing again?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

Eckardy floated into the hanger and promptly spotted Jones, the young mechanic whom had been on the Dervish for some time, standing near the door leaning on the railing with a drink in his hand. "'Sup?"

Jones glanced toward Eckardy and nodded toward a shuttle with a few people around it. The kid had been a little quieter ever since Denny had been killed and Eddie thought the kid was still a bit unsure of Sager and the newer guys. "That thing came in a few minutes ago. It's got a Federation pilot." He took a sip from his drink. "Ashlyn went down to the door on the other side and I stopped paying attention." Jones grinned, as did Eckardy.

"Sounds joyfully fun." Eddie said in a monotone, which changed as he went on. "Any idea what it's here for?"

"No. But another one like that had been here earlier, or so the gunnery dudes who wandered down here tell me."

"Interesting." Observed the Lieutenant Commander, who sighed. "I should probably go and find out what's going on, shouldn't I?"

Jones laughed. "You're about seven or ten ranks higher, yet you ask me?"

Eckardy patted the man on the shoulder. "F*** yeah!" He chuckled. "Alright, lemme go take a look and see if I can offer my-"

"Stupidity?" Jones asked. Eckardy was one of the few guys on the ship, officer or non, that would let people say stuff like that to him. Eckardy didn't reply verbally, but merely grinned and floated down toward the hanger floor. He moved over the shuttle and towards the hatch.

Eddie quickly spotted the group of people. The first one he noted was a non-distinctive man in an EFF-like tan uniform similar to the one Eddie had on. The second was Fritz and the third was a blonde woman whom vaugly reminded Eddie of Jane Alman. He grinned, as always

Eddie landed about a foot away from Fritz. "Hey hey, what's goin' on?" He asked in his usual light tone.

Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Fritz had immediately stumbled over his words when he tried to speak. Elizabeth replied to his stutter with a smile and the two embraced. “What in the world are you doing here?” Fritz finally managed to ask, pulling away to look her in the eye. She brushed her hair back and replied, “I came to see my parents... and you. I have a surprise for you,”. Fritz smiled genuinely for the first time since the fleet had been reorganized.

"Hey hey, what's goin' on?"

Fritz actually returned Eddie’s standard grin and pulled his wife closer by the waist. “LtCmdr. Eckardy, this is my wife, Elizabeth. Liese, this is LtCmdr. Eddie Eckardy, my XO,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

mcred23

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Fritz grinned and pulled the woman toward him. “Lieutenant Commander Eckardy, this is my wife, Elizabeth. Liese, this is Lieutenant Commander. Eddie Eckardy, my XO.”.

It took Eddie a brief moment to react, at which point he laughed and turned slightly. He shook his head. "Well I can safely say this was unexpected." He extended his hand to her. "Pleasure to meet you. May I ask why you're out here or is that a secret or something I don't need or want to know?" He asked with a grin.

King Monkey

Jacob cast a glance over at Celeste and Celeine, then Wes, the last people remaining in the Mess besides himself. Normally, he would have gone to talk to Celeste, but her conversation with Celeine seemed private. He didn't know Wes well at all, so he gave the man a tight lipped smile and nod before heading out of the Mess Hall.

Getting accustomed to Zero G again took a moment and he bounced off the ceiling before getting his "space legs" again and latching on to one of the grippers passing along the middle of the wall.

Making it back to his room, he settled on his bed and cleared his mind the best way he knew how; by writing haiku.

Fatal lance of light
A Chrysanthemum of death
Then only silence
Gambit01

Celeine glances up at Celeste and smirks.

"Took your time," she winked.

"So, what is there to eat on this dump? You say, 'grits, bacon and gravy' and I'm slapping you again."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Since Gates’ spat with Wong Lee, all communications with the Argama had been handled between Abbey and either Torres or Bright himself. Gates had taken to sulking in his spacious quarters when he wasn’t on “duty”, and when he did come to the bridge he sank into his chair and barked orders at the crew. “Can you make that any louder?” he snapped at Filmore. The sensor station was beeping at regular intervals like it always did, and Filmore looked over to Wade for help. “Uh, there’s no volume control, sir. We have to able to hear any changes,” Wade offered, trying to sound official.

“Eh,” Gates huffed, waving him off. He leaned his head on his hand in boredom. Abbey just ground his teeth like usual and ignored their patron as best he could. Jane turned around in her chair and offered a welcome distraction. “Captain, it’s the Argama again...”

- Hangar -

Eddie took a moment, but he laughed and shook his head. "Well I can safely say this was unexpected," he said before extending his hand to her. "Pleasure to meet you. May I ask why you're out here or is that a secret or something I don't need or want to know?" He asked with a grin.

Elizabeth shook his hand and answered, “It’s nice to meet Fritz’ new right-hand man. Don’t let him push you around. I’m here to give him this, actually,” before handing a sealed envelope to Fritz. She gave him a peck on the cheek as he looked it over. “Save it for later,” she said. Before Fritz could ask anything about it, a mellow alarm began to sound in the hangar. Sager made his way over and smiled when he noticed Elizabeth. “Nice to see you again, ma’am,” he said with a nod before turning to Eddie and Fritz. “Guys, we’re being officially activated. We might move into a defensive position within two hours,” he explained.

The shuttle pilot was right behind him. “Mrs. Ashlyn, we’re going to have to leave. This ship is moving soon,” he said, his tone apologetic.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Folken Fanel

Vantz wiped the sweat off his forehead and leaned back in the simulator's seat. Even though the simulation battle had been rigged by the Chuikov's captain, it had still showed him how much harder he needed to work in order to survive in this war.

And so, he'd been practicing for almost two hours now, and Vantz was finally getting the hang of fighting in a Nemo. Figuring that he had spent enough time training today, he climbed out of the sim and returned to his room, where he would take a shower.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Psyden

“Huh? Nobody ever serves grits, bacon, and gravy. It’s more like white mush, meat-substitute, and brown stuff. It actually doesn’t taste all that bad…”

She smiles and winks and does a mock finch as if preparing to block a blow.

“But seriously, I haven’t seen all they have to eat. They got a nice salad selection, some soups, the normal stuff… Oh! And they have cake!”

Yes, the sugary treat is not normally served on a Sally K because of the crumbs. Soups can be served through a straw, but cake… not so much. Some had spongy, crumb-less substitutes, but they really didn’t taste a lot like the cake they tried to replace. One of the benefits of serving aboard a ship with gravity sometimes was manifested is some of the simplest luxuries…

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?