Episode 29 - Hundred-Handed Ones [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
The Loser Villain

Re: Episode 28A - Hundred-Handed Ones [4th]

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room 2 -

“We’re going out, pulling security, they should have our suits ready in ten or fifteen, and they want us out covering the fleet as quick as we can in case some s*** gets through to us… So be ready.”

With a sigh Sophie went to her locker and retrieved her normal suit. "No rest for the wicked hmm?"

"My suit's all set. Want me to go out and scout around a bit?"

"Ah, the gang's all here!" She exclaimed jokingly as Bernard arrived.

“Not really, they’ll have our suits ready in a couple of minutes, and then they’ll probably have us out there for a couple of hours, so just wait. Besides, there ain’t much to scout out where we are now in the middle of the perimeter.”

"So Eddie," Sophie began to ask as she finished zipping up the normal suit, "Who did you tick off for us to get this assignment? Or was it just our luck?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

"So Eddie, who did you tick off for us to get this assignment? Or was it just our luck?" Sophie asked as she zipped up her normal suit.

“Luck, I guess. We’re the only team with mostly intact suits and no casualties,” Eddie shrugged. “If you didn’t hear, Celeste has a broken arm or something and Fritz slashed his head open, so Team 1 is down for now. And Wes got himself killed, but someone hauled his suit back, and I think the rest of Team 3’s suits need fixed up or they need to find a backup pilot or whatever, so we’re it for the moment,” Eddie sighed. “Yippee…” He said deadpan and waved his hands slightly in mock joy.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Near Pilots' Quarters -

Fritz glided down the corridor in silence, allowing the gripper to pull his fatigued body along to the hallway with his room. His thoughts preoccupied by the squadron's situation and muddled by a lack of sleep, he distractedly rubbed his head and winced, drawing in a sharp breath as he pulled his hand away from the bandage above his temple. He nearly drifted past his 'stop' and let go of the gripper at the last moment, his momentum almost carrying him into a wall before he managed to bring himself to a stop on the doorframe of Celeste's quarters. He pinched the bridge of his nose and tried to shake out the cobwebs as he turned back to his own door, but the keypad went double and the numbers fuzzy as he tried to stab in the code with his index finger. "Christ..." he mumbled, the display blinking red from an incorrect attempt. He could feel himself on the verge of nodding off, and just as the edges of his vision dimmed a delicate hand in a pink glove grasped his wrist and an arm snaked its way around his back to support him.

Michiko entered the code for Fritz' quarters and managed to pilot him through the doorway. By the time she hauled him to his bunk, he was practically out cold. Fritz was still fidgeting a bit in a daze trying to fully wake up, so she moved his hands out of the way and made sure he wouldn't float away from the bed if he fell asleep before he could secure himself. "It's okay... You're fine," she said soothingly. Her vision dropped to the deck as she stayed by his side for a moment. She had wanted another chance to talk to him, alone. To apologize and to make things better. Maybe things didn't have to stay so depressing. She just had bad timing before. She shook her head and pushed away from his bed towards the door.

She stopped at the doorway, clicked off the lights dimming the harsh overhead "daytime" lighting, and sighed. After a few seconds absorbed in thought, arguing silently with herself, she began to step back into the hallway. Michiko stopped suddenly almost as though she wasn't expecting herself to, and instead of moving through the hatch into the corridor reached over and keyed the door shut. The electronic lock clicked into place, the sound echoing in the quiet hallway.

- Sick Bay -

"...No ...I didn't," Celeste said, looking dolefully at her good arm resting in her lap, "And I don't think I'll be getting another opportunity now...". They sat in silence for a few seconds, Celeine stewing at the idea that they seemed so close to getting Nick to really stop and think about the situation he was in. She shook her head and clucked, "If you can't fly I don't want to push you. I'm sure we'll think of something, though,". She smiled a bit as she changed the subject and made little typing motions in front of her as she said, "In other news I actually made use of my time as a recluse and I'm almost done with a little present. I didn't risk my life getting on this ship to not do my job,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Team 3 ready room-

having taken some time to properly compose himself after his outburst, Trask felt ready to leave the room find PO Griff and bring him up to speed with his promotion, taking one last look at the locker he had damged before closing the door behind him.

but before he was able to move even a couple of feet he was greeted with the sight of Jacob muttering to himself, he didn't have to be a newtype to know what was going on in Jacobs' mind. do i have to do your job for you too fritz? Adam thought bitterly as he weighed up whether to get involved or not, knowing full well that anything he said would probably fall on deaf ears in the end he figured that even if trying to reason with him will be for naught it's better than doing nothing and let Jacob throw his life away.

"Jacob" he called out to the team 1 pilot as he brought himself alongside him in the corridor, not the least bit surprised when his pressence went unacknowledged. "Jacob listen to me. i know it hurts to see the people you know die, but you have to let it go, for your own sake and the sake of everyone else around you. Curren tried to get vengence against those blue suits in the last battle and look where it got him, if you continue the way you are now not only will you most likely end up joining Wes and Clute, but you'll probably also take one of your own squadmates with you."

-Sick bay-

"If you can't fly I don't want to push you. I'm sure we'll think of something, though. In other news I actually made use of my time as a recluse and I'm almost done with a little present. I didn't risk my life getting on this ship to not do my job,"

"Little present?" Celeste replied sardonically, focusing her one good eye on Celeines face and letting a small grin cross her features "you know if you're going to make announcements about acomplishments to be proud of, the very least you could do is not be so vague about it" she then took a brief glance at the door "but yeah, we'll think of something, we have to."
Flag Fighter for life!
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Trask... Jacob's mind wrapped around the identity of the man speaking to him right now, trying to convince him not to go after Clute's murderer and to give up justice. In the young man's state of mind, such words were far from comforting. In fact, they stung as if they were an insult. "It's not vengeance I'm after, Trask. It's justice...and there's too little of it these days."

He looked straight into the man's eyes with a blend of sadness and quiet fury. "If anyone else wants to involve themselves into it, that's their problem. Now if you'll excuse me...I have things to do, sir." With that, he threw up a curt salute and floated away, a single thought dominating his train of thought. Vengeance...not vengeance...justice...
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
blind_dead_mcjones

-the Dervish-
-hallway-

"It's not vengeance I'm after, Trask. It's justice...and there's too little of it these days. If anyone else wants to involve themselves into it, that's their problem. Now if you'll excuse me...I have things to do, sir."

as Jacob began to move Trasks' eyes narrowed as he glared at the other pilot, what patience he had recovered after his earlier outburst in the ready room disapeering. His palm slammed into the wall, blocking Jacob's path.

"you selfish b***ard, you stubborn selfish b***ard.." he replied through gritted teeth "don't you dare give me that crap, its insulting to my intelligence. Whatever you want to call it, what your pursuing is a personal vendetta, nothing more, and you are putting everyone else here in danger by doing so. what is important right now isn't justice, but trust, especially in a military unit where trust is essential to everyones survival. and as it stands now i cannot trust you to follow orders. which brings this units' effectiveness and chances of survival into question." Trask stopped to take a breath, letting what he said settle in while he briefly looked towards the nearest wall mounted phone before focusing back on Jacob

"you may not care if you or anyone else around you lives or dies, but i will not allow you to compromise the safety of everyone in this fleet, or indeed the entire earth sphere, just to preserve your sense of how the world should be."
Flag Fighter for life!
Zeta Superior

-The Hamburg-
-MS Hangar-

"You know," he interjected over his mobile suit's radio, addressing Kou and Paris, an unseen smile on his face. "You two really should switch to a more private channel for these sorts of things."

He sighed as he sat in his own Nemo's cockpit, his smile had vanished now, and his Pilot Suit's helmet was floating lazily by.

"Then again, you do raise a good point." he said. "Myself, I joined the AEUG for the same reason a lot of soldiers joined; I just got sick of how the Titans treated the spacenoids, regardless of whether they were EFF soldiers, civilians, or otherwise."

He paused. He never really told anyone else about what really drove him to fight, but on the other hand, no one had bothered to ask. Of course, he wasn't one to tell someone his entire life story, either.

"Of course... After what I saw in Colony 30... It got a little more... personal for me. Call me selfish if you'd like, but I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. That's why I fight."
"When a man strays from the right path, a kind man must have the courage to raise his fist and correct them."
-Jamil Neate, After War Gundam X
Inferno

Kou nodded. Of course, it was most personal for him- he screwed up and let the Titans be created. But everyone had their reasons, so he had no need to take priority over another. "Finish up your work and head to sleep, everyone- if anyone from sick bay suggests you take stimulants to keep ready, you have my permission to punch them." It was a joke, of course. He smiled as he ejected from the cockpit and floated off to nap.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

As he listened to Trask's words, Jacob held his tongue - but just barely. It infuriated him that no one seemed to comprehend or at least try to understand what he was trying to do. Instead, Trask just dismissed it as a "personal vendetta" and called him a "selfish bastard". As he finished speaking, Jacob knew what he was implying with the quick look towards the wall phone and balled up his fists. His reply was filled with venom. "If you really have the balls to carry out that threat, then call up Abbey or Fritz...that is, if he's not too busy keeping Michiko off his lap."
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-hallway-

"If you really have the balls to carry out that threat, then call up Abbey or Fritz...that is, if he's not too busy keeping Michiko off his lap."

Trask looked at Jacob with outright disappointment in his eyes, completely unphased by the younger pilots' attempt at intimidating him.
"So you don't want to be reasonable huh? fine with me." he muttered before making his way to the wall phone and picking up the reciever.

"Jane? it's Trask, could you get Captain Abbey please? tell him there is an urgent matter to discuss regarding Lieutenant Junior Grade Jacob Makardo."

as he waited for a response, Trask put his hand over the lower part of the reciever and turned back to Jacob. "I know you think none of us understand but we do, all too well, what you fail to understand is that whether you like it or not, when you signed up to the AEUG you took on a committment and all the responsibilites that entails. You are a soldier Makardo, your primary responsibility is to your team-mates who are still alive, not to chasing down specific individuals in the name of 'justice'. And you have one job, that is to follow orders. If you can't do that then you're useless to us."

--

-The Hamburg-
-MS hangar-

"i thought you'd never ask." Paris replied when Kou instructed them to get some rest, exiting the nemo with the grace that came naturally to spacenoids in zero-g

as she watched Uraki exit the hangar, her thoughts drifted to Al and whether or not he was doing alright, when they got back he looked utterly exhausted and had to be carted back to the infirmary, he'll be fine, i think. on that note she turned to look at Sanders

"So.." she began, drumming up conversation as a means of passing the time before she went to get some much needed rest. "I heard from one of the mechanics that you're going to be sent to the New Yark."
Flag Fighter for life!
Zeta Superior

-The Hamburg-
-MS hangar-

"S'what I hear, too. Apparently, they have some parts that my Nemo needs to be back to one-hundred percent, or something. At least, that's what I've been told. Why they couldn't have just sent the parts over here, I dunno..."

He sighed, grasping his helmet from mid-air, tucking it under his arm.

"I still don't know what happened to the Guangdong and its crew, or my team, though. Either everyone's being all tight lipped about it, or they don't know... and quite frankly, I hate being left out in the dark like this."

He paused, drumming his fingers on the surface of his helmet before speaking again.

"I think I'm gonna grab something from the mess hall. Maybe they'll have something to help me sleep there..."
"When a man strays from the right path, a kind man must have the courage to raise his fist and correct them."
-Jamil Neate, After War Gundam X