Episode 28 - Passage to Tartarus

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Cardi Doorl

Re: Episode 28 - Passage to Tartarus

- Salamis Kai-class New Yark -
- Mobile Suit Deck -

Ens. Bort Mart used to hate coffee, but months of drills since joining AEUG had enlightened him to the value of the stuff. He finished a coffee tube just as he entered the suit deck. The young pilot was wiping sleep from his eyes as he drifted over to his Nemo Cannon.

“They had to attack in the middle of my sleep shift? Really?” he grumbled as he pulled himself into the open hatch. The repaired support unit had proven good as new when New Yark Team had run maneuver drills; Mart had to give a tip of the hat to the mechanics and technicians for pulling that off. Even better, the team had rapidly developed some good cohesion in the relatively short time they’d been drilling together.

Mart flicked a few switches to activate his panoramic monitor, but left the hatch open. “I’ve got a good feeling about this,” he said through a grin as he snapped his helmet on. He glanced around at the other suits in the MS deck and his grin faded away. “Guess I’m the first one here.”
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

Shortly after Marvin arrived, Wales showed up with some small box. He stood inside the door for a moment, listening to the music, until the song hit a quiet spot. "Compliments of the chef. Say, could you turn that up a bit?" He waved and was gone before Eddie could think of something suitably silly to say, leaving the box floating near the door.

"They finally start sending that stuff down to me after I've already eaten..." Eddie mumbled, but didn't get up, although he was slightly curious what kind of cake it was. Almost as quickly as Wales had left, Bernard showed up, and quickly kicked the box into a corner, where it broke up and chunks of the stuff started floating around.

"I'd rather have cake when I'm back on board celebrating our victory," He declared, floating to his locker and grabbing his pilot suit. "What's our situation?"

With the the stereo between songs, Eddie paused it. "Same s*** as last time. Titans making noise somewhere along the line, and since they ain't broke contact after a couple'a minutes, command thinks it's the big one, so the whole fleet's on alert, yadda yadda yadda," Eddie reported, not hiding how bored he was with it all, and clicked a button on the remote to start the next song. "I give it twenty minutes before they wise up and let us go back to sleep," He smirked, and brushed away a piece of cake that floated near his shoulder.

"Yeah right," Marvin muttered.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Tangerine

- The Dervish
- Team 3 Ready Room –

Irene thought for a moment and then decided to tell Wales frankly about her plan. “I’m looking for one particular blue suit. Just that one. There are.. debts to be settled.” The way Irene said it without hesitation made herself confident about it. However, as she didn’t want to provoke unnecessary attention she quickly added, “Don’t worry. I won’t jump from formation or abandoning my task simply to chase it. Only if circumstances allow… ”

Everybody in the ships seems to be in a hurry doing this or preparing that but in this confined and small ready room time seemed to go slowly. Irene was no rookie, she knew this kind of waiting can last for hours but she just cannot helped herself from feeling quite jumpy about the sortie. “Wales, when do you reckon we’ll have our sortie, in an hour time or more?”
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Combat Bridge -

“Axis? Are you sure?” Trent’s grip tightened on his armrest.

“The Jupitris confirmed it, Commander,” was Fyodor Pavlichenko’s terse reply, “The Axis fleet has also launched an offensive against the colony laser. Command’s informed us that TF Echo’s orders are unchanged.”

“I see. Pass that information on to the rest of the taskforce. Considering Zeon’s approach vectors they aren’t likely to affect us, but I’ve seen bigger surprises before.”

Echo was breaking away from the main Titans formation as scheduled to strike a weak point in AEUG’s extended lines. By now the view from the Kirov’s bridge was largely devoid of other ships save for the Kalinin and Nunavut at the forward flanks, not to mention the specks of light marking AEUG ships far ahead. Only the Kirov’s and Kalinin’s respective MS complements had launched, with the others held in reserve for now; no reason to show their entire hand right away.

“AEUG units moving into our approach vector, Commander,” said Gojiro Nakagawa at the radar. Markers denoting these newly-detected enemy units appeared on the bridge’s situation map. They were well outside firing range, but there was no doubt that Echo’s route would inevitably put them at odds.

The data was unclear at that distance due to interference and distortion, but what they could gather was that the AEUG unit holding that part of the line had a large capital ship - probably one of their Irish-class battleships - and about 2-4 cruisers. Taskforce Echo would have to engage and eliminate this unit as quickly as possible to help clear the way for the main bulk of the Titans fleet, but they had time before either side was in firing range.

- Kirov Vicinity -
- Alpha Team -

Aleksandr Ivanovich Stukov absentmindedly pushed at the Griffin’s controls to keep himself at the head of Taskforce Echo as the formation pushed through the Titans fleet. All around them, the various warships were still fanning out as the combat area gradually expanded. Titan combat units passed by one another according to complex sets of commands issued from the Jupitris and whatever Jovian supercomputer must be inside calculating and tracking such a large number of signals. Before long, Echo was clear of the Titans’ main concentration.

But Stukov’s mind was empty. The anticipation of killing to come, coupled with the gentle hum of control panels that belied the primal, furious power of the machine he was now in put Stukov in a state that could almost be called meditative.

The Big Zabowski

-Jack-

Jack's Marasai flew off to Nick's rear and outward toward the fringe of the Kirov's 'protective inner bubble' to put it in laymans terms. Inside the cockpit the larger man kept a laser like watch on Sven and Darren as the two were flying in formation with their 'fearless leader'.

Inwardly he scoffed and let out a little chuckle with the thought of having to finish off Sven as Nick took out Ritter. It was Darren that Jack was worried about.. sure the kid was connected, but somehow like Aaron and Jason, Jack felt that there was still a future for the misguided kid. He'd been under Ritters wing and influence, yet that confrontation in the hall and the note lead him to the conclusion that he'd have to put the young one down too.

Like Nick, Jack scoffed at the 'roving death squad' thing as well. He had enough intelligence and hard paperwork along with motive to probably land himself for life in a penal colony in a plea bargin. Even though Black and ol' Pappy had taken pretty much everything away from him, leaving him very little to go back to; Jack would rather rot in prison knowing that the two were dead and out of his hair.

Even though he supported the Federation.. something about the swift turn from Titans supporters to AEUG supporters within the year didn't sit right. It was almost as if they weren't even trying to hide the fact that they wanted to play on the winning side; which meant that if they had to six the Titans and wash their hands of them.. they'd be no better than the old world Russians and Germans when they tried to wash themselves of the Nazis and Soviets before the Earth Federation took over.

To Jack.. he was a Soviet. He was a Nazi. But he was also someone like Trotsky or even a man like von Stauffenberg. He believed, but the way things were going just didn't sit right.. even now with what intel he got about the Federations new approach to the AEUG on 'bedfellowship'.

Clearing his mind of all that gook was priority one, though, as he listened to the com chatter wither under the Minovsky cloud that began to envelope the fleet. He turned his gaze to the front of the fleet as the pink orbs denoting beam fire and exploding suits began to shine brighter in the computer augmented view screens..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
The Green Flame

- Salamis Kai-class Herakles -
- Hangar -

"She'll have to if she wants some chance of coming out of this alive. Otherwise she'll just be another statistic in the history books. Assuming they care enough not to wipe us from history"

Alex fidgeted slightly as the order to launch seemed to take its sweet time being given. He hated waiting "How about you Marco? You've been taking all this pretty well, I'm surprised you didn't try to strangle Orsino for his constant badgering"
Ziryab

-the Bindra-
-bridge-

"A threeway slobberknocker," Raquel shook her head while she came to grips that this was no longer a hypothetical situation but an actual event: AEUG vs Titans vs Axis in a winner-take-all ball. "And not the good kind, either..."

Holding her breath, Raquel's face expanded like a balloon while she watched the stream and bubbles of lights grow steadier. She finally exhaled through puckered lips as the captain gave them five minutes to prepare.

"We'll be ready in four," she replied and began rolling her shoulders to loosen as she set to work.

-hangar-
Pris never felt herself as much of a singer, but Djorn's enthusiasm was rather infectious. Whistling underneath his pub voice shout-singing of the Axis anthem came the almost matching tune of the older Zeon anthem from Pris's lips as she floated up to the cockpit of her Gaza-C with a light push off on one foot.

"Vhat the hell is this?" Poking at her mobilesuit's boot-up screen in sudden agitation. "GWEN!!" Pris roared and rocketed up from her cockpit seat and her hands loudly slammed on the machine's outside, thinking the girl had screwed the machine over with whatever she was programing. At a time like this!

It took another perturbed second to finally make out what Gwen was attempting. Like a punch in the gut Pris deflated and with softened features looked downcast at Gwen apologetically. "... thanks," embarrassingly lowering her helmet and visor before slinking backwards into the cockpit.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Team 1 ready room-

"Thanks" jacob said as he approached from behind, making trask jump internally "Tell your guys good luck and good hunting for us. We'll watch your backs."

"we've got your backs as well" Trask replied, giving a small nod of appreciation "shoot straight"

-Team 3 ready room-

“I’m looking for one particular blue suit. Just that one. There are.. debts to be settled.” The way Irene said it without hesitation made herself confident about it. However, as she didn’t want to provoke unnecessary attention she quickly added, “Don’t worry. I won’t jump from formation or abandoning my task simply to chase it. Only if circumstances allow… ”

"I think just about everyone in the 4th has the same beef with that gundam in masarai armour" wales replied, knowing which suit she was talking about "well, if we end up having to fight it, its best that we do it as a group."

“Wales, when do you reckon we’ll have our sortie, in an hour time or more?”

"honestly? no idea." wales went silent for a bit, "I don't suppose its too late to ask for leave on compassionate grounds is it?" he said jokingly
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

- The Dervish
- Team 3 Ready Room –

Wales’ reply was entirely unexpected and caught Irene off guard. She started to giggle and then laughing freely once she imagined just how odd their superiors’ faces would be when they heard about such thing at this kind of moment. “You know Wales, you are a funny man… Did anyone ever told you about that?”

Once she breathed normally again she looked at Wales and said in agreement about the blue suit. “About that blue suit, yeah sure… It doesn’t matter who took it out. Working together should make it easier anyway.”
Inferno

-The Hamburg-
-ready room-

Kou rolled his eyes, mainly at himself. Screwing up the joke again... "Look, Paris, just keep a calm head okay? You're a decent pilot, and there's no need to flip out. That's probably how I screwed up the Delaz Crisis and got us all here in the first place. Just don't panic, and don't lose your cool."

- The Herakles -
-Hangar-

Marco rolled his eyes. "You think he doesn't know that? Way I see it, that's been what he's pushing for. Personally, if the higher-ups didn't have a say, he'd be parked firmly in the brig right now. I don't like him flying, and still don't trust him."
The Loser Villain

Gamma Team

The knot in Aaron's stomach tightened every moment as the wait continued. Nick hadn't said a word when they launched, but he knew what they had to do from the briefing. The real plan however had been gone over with Jason and he was sticking to it no matter what. The first sign that the goon squad was going to attack Nick, was the moment Aaron got out of there and headed for Iota team. He'd fire at anybody who tried to interfere.

Buxoro, Bridge
Catapult Deck

"Hey Tim, that's Aaron's suit right?"

"Huh?" Tyler's words brought Tim out of his spaced out daze, "Yeah..." He looked at the Barzam that Tyler was referring to, "Yeah, that's Aaron alright."

It was good that they knew what Mobile Suit he was flying for sure since they might have to bail him out of any craziness that might go down. "It’s a strong MS, but I can honestly say I want nothing to do with that Te'litha whack job."

-Bindra-
-Hangar-

Nikolai could not help but join Djorn in singing at the top of his lungs and punctuated the cheers at the end with another "For Axis!"

Almost out of breath from singing he pushed off the deck and floated to his Gaza-C, "Stay safe out there buddy!" he yelled towards Djorn.

He flicked a few switches and the cockpit came to life and the boot up sequence began. Looking carefully at what was there instead of the normal text, he wasn't sure what it was. There were a few lines from Gwen, but he assumed that the rest came from programing error

- The Dervish -
- Team 2 Ready room -

Sophie arrived just after Bernard and heard Eddie's response:

"Same s*** as last time. Titans making noise somewhere along the line, and since they ain't broke contact after a couple'a minutes, command thinks it's the big one, so the whole fleet's on alert, yadda yadda yadda. I give it twenty minutes before they wise up and let us go back to sleep."

"Not too sure about that Eddie," she said beginning to get her normal suit ready, "I've got a nagging feeling that this is something bigger."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

"Not too sure about that Eddie," Sophie said as she arrived and got her pilot suit, "I've got a nagging feeling that this is something bigger."

"Well, I hope you've got better instincts for that than I do," Eddie said with a shrug. "I had the feeling a few times myself over the years, and I was never right," Eddie laughed at the distant memories.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
wonton bob

- Bindra -
- Hangar -

Shellia's team unhooks cables from the Gaza-C and clear the way for preparation of their launch. She taps the side chassis of Nikolai's Gaza giving a thumbs up while kicking away.

"All suits are good to go. Now commencing to strap all equipment down before the battle starts," she reports to the chief.

- The Dervish -
- Ready Room 2 -

"Either way, I'll be in the hanger. All the activity has me worried," Bernard said after zipping up his yellow pilot suit. "Besides there was a commotion in the hanger about a blue titan mobile suit,"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Abbey tapped a heavily-gloved finger against the chest of his normal suit as he quietly watched the escalating skirmish slowly crawl closer and closer to the main AEUG lines. Any hope of this flare up not being the "big one" was rapidly evaporating as more and more reports came in from the rest of the fleet. The Radish had already launched her mobile suits, and it appeared that the main thrust of their defense early on was to delay the enemy long enough for the Argama to return. In another war at another place, Abbey found himself hoping and waiting for newtypes to pull his behind out of the fire.

"I suppose if anyone else isn't awake yet, they better get up soon," Wade grumbled, adding a new complaint about the unexpected late shift every few minutes or so, "Wouldn't want them to miss anything,". Abbey ignored the repeated gripe and turned slightly to face Jane to get her attention. "Ms. Alman, take us to full combat alert. All MS teams launch and be ready for orders in five," he gruffly ordered with a clipped nod. "Y-yes sir," Jane answered, deftly switching her controls over to communicate to the entire ship as well as to the controllers aboard the Hamburg and New Yark to execute the command.

The dulled sound of alarms sounding in the rest of the ship was audible through the thick bridge doors within fifteen seconds, and the captain folded his arms as he turned back to the windows. As if egged on by the call to battle stations, an explosion noticeably larger than the rest blossomed in the midst of the early fighting headed their way. Someone had just lost a ship. "Get the mobile suits out there. And prep for defensive combat," he repeated himself to Filmore and Jungst, who had more direct control over some of the observers and gunnery teams. They both responded in the affirmative and began to speak to the sub-crews through their helmet communicators.

The rest of the AEUG fleet that was visible from Abbey's point of view seemed to come alive near-simultaneously as well, as streaks of light left behind by thruster flares headed away from friendly ships began to wink into existence like shooting stars. Opposing them was an aggressive Titans force rolling in ahead of the slow-moving Jupitris, and a surprisingly quiet Axis fleet that was just now being noticed moving into position like a shadow. Capt. Abbey noticed himself tapping a finger against his chest again. This time his hand was shaking.

- Team 1 Ready Room -

Fritz sat quietly as Adam Trask arrived bearing cake, which Michiko perked up for quite a bit as her sleepiness dispelled almost completely. Markado entered not far behind, and he was the first to formally greet Trask. "Tell your guys good luck and good hunting for us. We'll watch your backs," Jacob added as he accepted to container. "we've got your backs as well. Shoot straight," Adam answered. "Hey," Fritz spoke up, more abruptly and a bit louder than he intended because of his tired stupor, "Don't hesitate to call for help if you're in trouble. That goes for all of you,". He leaned his head back against the wall and continued, "The only enemies left are the most talented and the most craven - the worst of the worst. If they've survived to be punished by us here then they deserve whatever becomes of them... These people are monsters,". He nearly trailed off towards the end, his voice becoming quieter as he focused on staying completely awake.

Celeste didn't look particularly encouraged by his description of the remaining Titans, but remained quiet. Michiko, on the other hand, was still focused on the box of cake. "Jacob, I can hold that for you if, uh," she offered as nicely and selflessly as possible. Before she could take it from him the alarms began to go off in the ready rooms and the hangar proper. Fritz snapped upright and began to pull up the arms of his normal suit. "Let's see about these Zekes and Zeke wannabes," he muttered, reaching to snap his helmet onto his suit's backpack.

- The Hamburg -
- Bridge -

"All right! You heard her! Let's get this show on the road," Loweno called out. He likely would have nearly flown from his command chair even if there was full gravity aboard the ship with the amount of energy that was running through him. Some of it was obviously rubbing off on the bridge crew, who also seemed to be a little more fired up than usual. Lt. Stalvern quietly coughed out of slight embarrassment as one of them rumbled, "Yeah, let's get this done! The Titans are going down!". The man's high school sports pep-talk was met with similar rowdy agreement as the other operators began to get the rest of the crew on point. The alarm shipwide began to sound as Loweno started laughing like a mad man. "Great energy, gentlemen! Keep it up!"

- Ready Room -

Al floated into the ready room, thankful he didn't have to fully support his own weight and walk the whole way there from sick bay (and pretty much looking like it). "Uh, hey guys," he said, squinting a bit from the bright overhead lighting. He blushed as he looked to Paris while he headed for his locker and said, "Hi, Paris. The doctor tried to keep me in bed but I had to get out of there to fly with you,". He flushed darker and quickly corrected himself, "Y-you guys," as the alarm began to go off.

- The New Yark -
- Hangar -

"Hoooo~~!" Hard AE crooned, thrusting up towards his Nemo's cockpit as he and Thibaut entered the hangar shortly after the alarms began to sound. "Couldn't they pick a better time than midnight?" Chareux complained weakly, rubbing his eyes.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"Understood," Lt. Ball nodded gruffly. He folded his arms as Wald turned back to the display the continue his quick update. "It looks as though we're going in here, behind the Mudra and her escort. They think it's a weak spot in the AEUG's defense in this area," he indicated by circling a fairly wide area in the zone they were approaching. A small cluster of enemy ships was already easily visible, and they could also see part of the Titans fleet breaking off to hit that section as well. With a two-pronged attack (courtesy of the Titans, even though cooperation was the furthest thing from their minds) the AEUG was likely to either fall back closer to Gryps 2 or collapse at that end of the line.

"Hm," Ball muttered wordless ambivalence. He looked at the display showing estimated lines of attack and enemy response and shook his head. "I don't buy it. If that AEUG unit is sitting there waiting on us all, they can take a beating without running away the moment things get rough," he said, turning to leave the bridge for the hangar, where the MS team was ready to launch. "This is going to be bad," he said over his shoulder as he left. "Uh..." Pizal croaked as the veteran left, struggling to find words. His jaw set and he turned away from the door as it swished shut, ignoring him. "Raquel, keep us in position with the Trammel behind the Mudra..." he ordered, trying to change the subject.

- Hangar -

Ball made it back to the hangar with admirable speed, and was floating up to his Gaza as the hangar crew completed their prelaunch procedures. "Let's go. Everybody out. We'll have to bail somebody's ass out before this is over," he grumbled to the MS team as he settled into his seat. The Mudra was a good ship with a capable enough commander in Capt. Finalan, but the way they were going about heading for that AEUG unit struck him as asking for trouble for some reason he couldn't pinpoint. It reminded him of something that happened during the Independence War, but he couldn't figure out exactly what...
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Dolk -

Lt. Dolk sat quietly (for him) in his cockpit flipping through a small booklet of minidiscs, looking for the perfect music to begin his spree by. He had been easy on the AEUG and Axis the last time they had run into each other, but this time there was no reason to show any restraint. Mission 1 was to make sure Ritter was killed. Beyond that, eliminating as many enemies as possible was the rule of the day. And besides, he wasn't the only one out to see Ritter dead... that meant he had some time to do as he pleased. "Let's send these sonsofbitches on a one way ticket to hell," Pan called out, a loud alternative to Stukov's overly-silent demeanor. "Mhmm," Dolk answered, preoccupied with the small slice of his music collection. His Griffin drifted close by the other two - the trio of mobile suits appeared more threatening than usual as a team, as if they were barely containing an overwhelming power just by idling in space.

- Wolf -

Daren wished Wolf would return to the eerie quiet he had exhibited for days aboard the Kirov. At least while Ritter was brooding on his own in their ready room for hours and hours at a time he was, generally, easier to deal with. He simply didn't want to speak to anyone because of his paranoia, and he sent Daren on several bizarre, open-ended "missions" like his eavesdropping on the hallway discussion Hepburn had instigated. Now he was constantly mumbling to himself, and it was creepy enough that it was even starting to get on Nwosu's nerves. "Be quiet," he thought, willing Wolf to stop it as they drifted near the ship, on the opposite side as Nick's team of course. It did no good, as the barely-audible ravings continued to crackle through his helmet's speakers. He couldn't just cut off his radio connection to his team leader... "Be quiet!" he growled in his head, "Shut up!".

"Daren!" Wolf suddenly blurted, causing the younger pilot to jump. "Y-yes sir," he responded flatly after composing himself. "I don't want you or Sven to leave my sight during this battle," he said, giving a command that was similar to one he had already issued several times over the last few hours, "If one of us has to return to the ship for any reason, we all go back. And if Te'Litha or one of the other known enemies approaches us for no clear reason, kill them,". He was quiet for a few heartbeats and then added, "If Te'Litha approaches us for any reason, I'll consider killing him anyway,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Cardi Doorl

- Endra-class Bindra -
- Mobile Suit Deck -

Ltjg. Renard Baromsky was the last pilot to enter the suit deck, just in time to catch the tail end of what Max Ball said. “We’ll see how many of us are alive when this is over,” said Renard as he shot a line to the open hatch of his Gaza-C.

He snapped his helmet on while the cockpit sealed up and the monitor booted up. His eyes widened sharply at a bizarre image that instantly popped onto his screens until he realized it was an attempt at drawing something with text - and a message signed by that weird little rookie girl Gwen Brouillé. Renard didn’t notice a warm feeling near the bridge of his nose that passed as suddenly as it appeared. He skipped past Gwen’s screen so that his view was filled up with the Bindra’s interior.

“Renard’s ready,” he murmured after glancing at his panels and seeing all systems green.

-

Merzo Gorustal gazed up at the mobile suits from one of the various hatches leading into the MS deck. He was wearing his normal uniform rather than a pilot suit, since he was not going out in one of the Gazas.

Since being assigned to the Bindra a few days ago in anticipation of the Gryps offensive, Merzo had requested to Lt. Ball that he be sent out with the mobile suit team. The request, of course, had been denied, and Merzo forced himself not to make any more requests. Instead he swallowed his pride, agreed to stay on backup duty and lend a hand to the ship crews while the others went out and did the fighting. Even if it meant having the same position as Gwen.

But Merzo didn’t feel bad about it, even if there was a creeping feeling that he was about to miss out on an important battle. He sucked in a long breath and saluted the humanoid war machines. “Good luck out there, guys. Sieg Zeon!”

He didn’t notice the mechanical crews securing their equipment, which would have indicated that launch was imminent.

blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Team 1 ready room-

"Hey," Fritz spoke up, more abruptly and a bit louder than he intended because of his tired stupor, "Don't hesitate to call for help if you're in trouble. That goes for all of you,". He leaned his head back against the wall and continued, "The only enemies left are the most talented and the most craven - the worst of the worst. If they've survived to be punished by us here then they deserve whatever becomes of them... These people are monsters,"

much like jacob and celeste adam remained dead quiet, unable to think of anything worth saying, but noted that celeste looked crestfallen. immediately the alarms went off causing him to look down and realise that he still hadn't gotten changed

"thats my cue, i'd better get ready" he said as he excused himself, swiftly exiting team 1's room and heading into team 3's

"don't mind me" he said as he passed wales and irene who looked to be in the middle of discussing something.

-Team 3 ready room-

“You know Wales, you are a funny man… Did anyone ever told you about that?”

"ehh..not really" he replied "i've been called a smart-arse but that doesn't really count" before he could add anything the warning klaxxons went off followed by an announcement for the pilots to get ready to launch

"*sigh* great..." reluctantly he got up, and headed to his locker "well, guess we'd better go and say hi." wales added as he checked the visor of his helmet for any chips or scratches

-The Hamburg-
-Ready room-

continuing to stare at the ground Paris found herself feeling increasingly awkward, second guessing whether we would do better than her last sortie kou however seemed to sense this and offered some words of encouragement

"Look, Paris, just keep a calm head okay? You're a decent pilot, and there's no need to flip out. That's probably how I screwed up the Delaz Crisis and got us all here in the first place. Just don't panic, and don't lose your cool."

"Yes sir" Paris replied assertively, regaining her confidence "I won't let you down" as if on cue Al entered the room looking the worse for wear

"Hi, Paris. The doctor tried to keep me in bed but I had to get out of there to fly with you,". He flushed darker and quickly corrected himself, "Y-you guys," as the alarm began to go off.

"thats great, but don't try to push yourself too hard Al" Paris replied, giving him a warm smile.
Flag Fighter for life!
King Monkey

-The Dervish-
-Team 1 ready room-

Jacob grinned at Michiko. He looked down at the box of cake and then shrugged. Earth born, it did not occur to him to simply toss the box to her. He actually made the effort to hand it over to her. "Sure. Keep it safe for me until the battle's over," he replied. "I'm not really hungry right now anyway."

He got much more serious when Fritz spoke, however. "Monsters," he repeated and affirmed. His eyes glazed and it was obvious that he was thinking about one monster in particular. "The only way we'll get through this is if we stick together."

Following Fritz's lead, he snapped his helmet onto his normal suit, ready to get out to his Mobile Suit. He did so none too soon. A moment later, the alarms started to sound.

"They're playing our song," he said to his fellow team members with a grin and then hurried out the door and toward the hangar.

-The Bindra-
-Hangar-

Djorn wiped a single tear of pride and joy from his eye a moment after finishing his song. His heart soared with the promise of upcoming glory for Axis.

He noticed Merzo and returned the man's salute, though the gesture was both fast and somewhat careless.

"For Axis!" he echoed after Nikolai and a moment later, jokingly "Tell that to the Titans and AEUG!"

Though he grew more serious immediately. "Come back alive."

Djorn may have been the only one who was pleased by Gwen's message. He smiled when he saw it and left it on one small part of his screen as he switched on his Gaza C and the panoramic display came on.

Then, he was all business, running through the pre-launch checklist with the speed born from many days of practice. After all, there were enemies of Axis to be punished. The sooner he launched, the sooner he could teach them the error of their ways.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
EZero8

--Hallway--

Wes spent most of his downtime before the battle at the observation room simply staring out the window. There was little he could do aside from that after all, and it was a hell of a lot better than pacing about his room. Though, either way he was alone, just the way he preferred it. It angered him earlier that Wales had the audacity to curse back at a superior officer, and just emphasized Curren's dislike of interacting with other members the 4th. Oddly enough, he probably had an easier time interacting with those two pilots the 4th left down on Earth than any of the people he's come to contact with since getting into space.

Quite frankly, he was always the loner among the pilots on the Dervish ever since Karaba dumped him onto the AEUG. Since then, he's been shuffled around unwillingly, tossed about from team to team where ever there was a hole here and there, or replaced by almost every new pilot added to Dervish's roster. Only now has he realized he was probably a bit bitter about that. Perhaps it's because this whole war was nearing the end? Nevermind that, it was too late to ask for a little stability at this point. It was his loss for never openly voicing it and simply keeping to himself all this time.

Yet, being alone allowed him to calm down, as much as he hated to admit it. It did the trick when he was riled up a little earlier, and now he can focus on bigger things. His main concern now was to keep a clear head, considering he could ill-afford to be distracted or stressed during the operation. He needed to survive at the very least, meaning there was no time to feel sorry for himself about being left out from the cliques around the ship.

Getting up and leaving the observation room, Curren was just slowly floating his way to the ready room when the alarms sounded. With a groan, he sped up his pace by grabbing onto a wall gripper.

He passed by Wales and Irene on his way into the ready room, finding that Trask too was getting ready. Without a word, he went over to his locker and began clumsily pulling on his pilot suit. He'll worry about straightening things out later.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"