Episode 27 - Transition [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: Episode 27 - Transition [4th]

- Gryps 2 -

- The Dervish -
- Mess Hall -

Fritz' fork stayed suspended in his mouth for a few silent seconds. As Marvin fought for air after nearly choking on a bite of hamburger, Fritz lowered the utensil to gather up another bite of food and answered steadfastly, "No. You know me better than that,". He poked at his meal a bit and added, "I love my wife. ...and she would murder me,".

- Hangar -

"Oh doctor, you dropped this," Sophie said, reaching down to pick up the loose paper before Dr. M could get to it himself. "Doctor what the hell is this!" she asked in shock, holding up the sketch out of his immediate reach as she demanded an explanation. Dr. M's 'independent minded' hand clenched into a tight fist as his amiable smile slowly went disturbingly lopsided and he seemed to break out in a sweat. "Eheh," he chuckled hollowly as he stared at the technical drawing, "My dear, that is highly sensitive Zeonic corporation intellectual property. The, eh, the Gelgoog...". He fumbled over his words a little more than usual, clearly a bit distressed to be confronted over the drawing. "The Griffin," he corrected himself, "Is an untested prototype. The project is not finished. Please, ah, would you return the drawing to me,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
King Monkey

Jacob grunted in response to Celeste's answer to his question. He frowned and stared at the picture as though he could figure out who the man was without her telling him. Before he could press her for more details, however, Celeine appeared.

"Sorry. Some of us are fighting a war. We don't have time to worry about making sure every hair is in place all the time," he grumbled in reply to her gibe.

Of course, he was not the only target of Celeine's acid tongue. It did not take a genius to see how embarrassed Michiko was or the cause of it. He did not notice how pink she turned since everything became an even shade of red in his eyes.

"Dammit!" he yelled, squeezing his tube of coffee so tight that a stream of the hot black liquid spurted across the room. A moment later, he flung it at the floor so hard that it made an audible slap when it hit. "Damn you, Celeine!"

"This is a *zoinksing* war! This is my squad. Do you realize that every time we go out there we could die? Do you remember Clute? Do you know how many men on this ship have already died? This is not some damn game to entertain you. You're not the hero of some movie. We don't need any distractions or second guessing. I don't care what Michiko does on her own time so long as she's killing Titans and watching my back when we launch. If I hear you say one more thing to her that upsets her, you're going for a ride in my mobile suit and it's going to feature a walk outside the cockpit without a normal suit.

"And you!" he rounded on Celeste then. "What are you thinking? You're the Pearl of the Damn Shoal. You're an ace! You're going to take some civilian with you in your cockpit when we launch? Why? So she can bounce around with every maneuver and get her fat butt between you and your view screens? I hope you do find this Titan you're looking for and I hope you distract him just long enough for me to put a beam through his cockpit. Maybe you should stop thinking about saving the enemy and go about the business of punishing the people who killed Clute."

He made a grab for the picture she held in her hand, fully intending to tear it into pieces if he got it.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Cardi Doorl

- Salamis Kai-class New Yark -
- Mobile Suit Deck -

Ens. Bort Mart floated by a crew loading newly-delivered artillery shells into the Nemo Cannon. The heavy damage the mobile suit had taken during Operation Maelstrom, coupled with the delays in supplies, mean that it had to be practically rebuilt. It was confirmed combat-ready earlier in the day.

Mart was on a new ship, the New Yark, after the Balrampur was sunk near Gryps 2. It was a downer, seeing Lt. Uraki assigned to a different team, but he figured it was to be expected. He’d probably see more such partings during his career with AEUG.

At the very least, his new teammates were an interesting bunch, and they’d seen their share of losses during Maelstrom. In the roughly two weeks since the operation, Mart had become acquainted with Ramon Sumitani, the team’s eccentric leader. Thibaut, the other Nemo Cannon pilot, was quiet in comparison, but they’d apparently been serving together for some time. Then there was Jack Mulligan, newly arrived on the ship just last week as the 4th‘s only new pilot. He was new to the squadron, but, though Mart hadn’t had the opportunity to talk to him much, he heard the guy was a highly experienced soldier and mobile suit pilot.

Taking a gripper out of the suit deck and toward the pilot lounge, Mart figured he had some luck, being grouped with guys who knew damn well what they were doing.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

watching carefully in order to make sense of the hand gestures irene was doing as visual aids for her question, Wales scratched the back of his head as he worked out how to best answer it.

"no...not really, but then again, i only did a maneuovre like that once and even then i was rolling the suit onto its back in the process before pulling it into a climb, that might've cancelled the effect out but i can't really say..." he trailed off "also, maelstrom was...my first proper combat sortie, so that may affect how i was percieving what was happening"

-The Hamburg-
-Sick Bay-

"y-yes sir." Paris replied as kou turned beet red before excusing himself, the awkward silence hung about the room for quite some time before she tried to speak to Al again

"anyway..as i was trying to say, i just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. If i had been paying more attention during the mission you wouldn't be stuck in here right now."
Flag Fighter for life!
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

Fritz paused for a moment. "No. You know me better than that. I love my wife ...and she would murder me," He said, prodding his food.

Eddie grinned. "Yeah, I didn't think it'd be like you or Michi to do somethin' like that. Nice to know that rumor was total bulls***." He rolled his eyes as he forked up the last chunk of his first piece of cake. "So how's the arm doin'?"

As Eddie took the bite, next to Fritz, Marvin finally recovered and took a sip of water to help ease the feeling in his throat. He glanced around, noticing Adam Trask sit down at the empty table to his right, before turning back to his hamburger.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
The Loser Villain

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

"Eheh, My dear, that is highly sensitive Zeonic corporation intellectual property. The, eh, the Gelgoog... The Griffin, Is an untested prototype. The project is not finished. Please, ah, would you return the drawing to me,".

"Untested prototype?" She looked at the drawing again, she wasn't an expert at identifying a mobile suit from spec and tech drawings, but there was no doubt that this blue arm belonged to the Titans mobile suit that had been haunting them. "No Doctor, I'd say its well tested, I saw it killing my fellow pilots out there!" Sophie pulled the paper closer and looked at Rem, "Did you know about this?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Tangerine

- The Dervish -

“ah!” Irene exclaimed like she just understand something. Unlike what she had thought earlier the person in front of him was also a rookie like her inside a Rick Dias. “Did u felt this machine to be bottom heavy compared to the Nemo or say a GM?” She asked again curiously.

Meanwhile something else demanded the top mechanics attention and Sager left hurriedly with two other crews. Irene grinned awkwardly. She was happy to discard Sager’s attention now that she thinks she could just adapt to it rather than forcing some changes. But on the same time now she felt unimportant that Sager just left her without a word.

Oh what the hell.. she thought.

“So, are you assigned to Team 3? I’m the new pilot from the Hamburg. I don’t think we’ve properly introduce. You may call me Irene..”
wonton bob

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

The down time was great and it helped a lot but it was time to get back to work and get ready for the upcoming battle. His body already aware of the dangers ahead before he even thought about it. Bernard steps onto the catwalk and tightly grips the railing. Looking down he sees a few pilots and techs in the area but no one from his own team. He grips the rail even tighter when his eyes fall on his Rick Dias which is still being worked on. Bernard intensely stares where the damaged areas were repaired and plays back in his mind over and over how he could of avoided everything. His grip tightens even further on the railing.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

"not that i recall" Wales said in answer to irene's second question, taking a look around at all the mobile suits in the hangar before irene asked him something else

“So, are you assigned to Team 3? I’m the new pilot from the Hamburg. I don’t think we’ve properly introduce. You may call me Irene..”

the ensign found himself at a loss for words, after becoming used to being ignored by just about everyone on the Dervish, he found the the attention sent his way rather puzzling and unusual, and wasn't quite sure how to react.

"um..yeah, I'm assigned to team 3" he eventually replied, trying not to stumble over his words "and its..uh..nice to meet you irene"

-Mess Hall-

contently sitting in silence while he ate, trask finished off his burger and was halfway through the slice of cake before he remembered what he wanted to to ask the guys from teams 1 and 2, putting what was left of the slice down.

"Actually, i wanted to ask you guys something" he began " excluding 'that' rick dias custom, have your mobile suits had any weird malfunctions or similar of late?"
Flag Fighter for life!
Kite_Ishma

Hamburg; Mess Hall

Kite grabbed a tray of food and sat down. His eyes glancing at a data pad next to his tray on the table. As he ate he scrolled through a few things. The collected data on teh enemy was a bit of a pain to go through all at once. So he was taking it in by chunks as allowed. The AXIS mobiel suits...those Gaza-C's. Tehre wasn't a whole lot on them, but they had yet to openly fight with them at this point. Sure it was just a matter of time, it was Zeon afterall.

The Next was the Marasai. It looked fast, however its armaments were light. It's main weapon was interesting though it looked like hte Nemo could outdo it. The HiZACK Kite already knew about. Fought a few of those already. Other models included the Psycho gundam from Karaba's reports, the Gaplant, GM II's etc etc. The Messalla was an odd mobile armor. Its design was so weird looking.
Inferno

-The Hamburg-
-Briefing room-

Kou picked up the phone and made a brief call to the bridge. Within a bit, the PA system rang out with "All mobile suit pilots please report to the briefing room."
Kite_Ishma

-Hamburg

Kite quickly finished his food and grabbed the data pad as the announcement went out. Well here we go, I’ll be meeting this new Lieutenant they stuck us with. Shesh and I just barely met the old one. The Ensign rubbed the back of his head as he floated through the corridor, quickly finding the briefing room and moving toward a seat. “Ensign Kite Ishma.”
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 -

- The Dervish -
- Mess Hall -

"Yeah, I didn't think it'd be like you or Michi to do somethin' like that. Nice to know that rumor was total bulls***. ...So how's the arm doin'?" Eddie said, dropping the subject just as abruptly as he had brought it up. Fritz let it go too - Eddie was just as sincere as he was, even if he was acting silly about it. "Still, I'd like to know who keeps starting these rumors," Fritz silently groused as he chewed another bite. He stopped and rotated his shoulder a bit and then answered, "My shoulder is still sore. The doctor was worried about me losing some range of motion but I think it ended up looking nastier than it really was,". He took a drink and then chuckled, "Since you're eating I won't take off the bandage. But I have to wonder where in the hell Dr. Lekarz learned to sew. I'm going to have a nice lightning bolt on my arm from now on."

The topic of conversation changed again, just as rapidly as before. By the time Adam Trask spoke up, Fritz was steadfastly asserting, slightly tongue-in-cheek, "It should be on tables at restaurants along with salt and pepper. Anytime anyone says, 'Oh This is so good. What's in it?' The answer invariably comes back: cinnamon,". "Actually, I wanted to ask you guys something," Trask said, and Fritz gave him his attention along with a small nod. "Excluding 'that' Rick Dias Custom, have your mobile suits had any weird malfunctions or similar of late?" Adam asked, causing Fritz to blow out a breath. More rumors. Beyond his own... personal problems, the crew's morbid enthusiasm for perpetrating the "cursed" Rick Dias rumor was both exasperating and impressive in a way. Fritz has seen his share of weird things during his time in the military, but the "cursed" Custom just seemed like a tragic string of coincidences to him. The connection to that horrifying blue Titans mobile suit and the electrified whip it used was the one thing that gave him pause.

"I don't think now is the time to give my fellow pilots something else to worry about," Fritz began diplomatically, "But my machine took a hit to the torso during Maelstrom that ended up causing the computer to...". He paused for a moment, searching for the right word in English. "Bluescreen? I lost controls for way too long,". In the last couple of weeks he had talked to Sager and Dr. M about the damage and it seemed like it was some sort of micro beam damage to some computer system. And those were practically the terms they had used. Their answers were too vague for his tastes, even if he wouldn't have been familiar with the parts had they been identified by name. It had something to do with Gates' systems of all things.

- Team 1 Ready Room -

Michiko was so embarrassed and irritated with Celeine that when Jacob blew up so close to her and the vending machines she started, flinching away from him in surprise. She went from half-heartedly mumbling in her own defense to staring at Markado wide-eyed as he let out a bunch of pent-up energy all at once. She let him rant for a bit, partially because she enjoyed seeing someone snap at Celeine (just a little) and partially because she was frozen in place. When he so tolerantly threw in the comment about "what Michiko does on her own time" made her react again. "Hey!" she blurted, her brow furrowing. She trailed off before she could properly interrupt him, however, as he turned on Celeste.

She was about to come to Celeste's defense when Celeine's hand shot out to grab Ed's picture before Jacob could snatch it up. "Don't tell me what war is," Caro'd said, her voice taking on an icy and unsettlingly even tone. She waved the photo at him and shook her head slightly, "You're still a kid. Back in '79 you were just figuring out girls might not be so icky, yeah? I was changing bandages and holding teenagers' hands while they died in a hellhole in central Europe,". She clicked her tongue and snorted, "Compared to the Karaba you AEUG soldiers live like kings and get all the credit."

"Please!" Celeste said, rising from the couch to stand between them, "Stop it. I don't want us at each other's throats like this,". She turned to Jacob and explained, "This is very important to Celeine, and Fritz knows about it too. So did Clute,".

- Hangar -

"Untested prototype? No Doctor, I'd say its well tested, I saw it killing my fellow pilots out there!" Sophie retorted, taking another look at the Griffin's arm. She looked to Rem who seemed as distressed as she did and asked, "Did you know about this?". "Sophie..." he stammered, looking at the drawing she held, "I saw that thing in combat at the Gate of Zedan but...". He turned to Dr. M and said, "These things have gone into production? Why didn't you say anything?". He quickly turned back to Sophie and assured her, "I didn't know the doctor had anything to do with the design. We watched it at Zedan and tried to gather data on it,". Dr. M continued to haltingly chuckle and emit nervous noises as they spoke, and when the question was put to him he pushed his glasses up with a free finger and answered, "Well, eh, you see... The thing is, the main office, ah, promised they would not continue with M.156 if I was not available to supervise testing,". He shrugged, "I suppose they went in a different direction,".

- The Hamburg -
- Sick Bay -

Al managed to avoid embarrassing himself while Kou was present, but he found himself at a loss when the CO gave he and Paris some privacy again. "Anyway..." Paris said, mercifully ending the silence, "As I was trying to say, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. If I had been paying more attention during the mission you wouldn't be stuck in here right now." Al stared at her for a moment before he realized she was trying to apologize for him getting hurt. "Wha? No way!" he said, shaking his head, "The guy we ran into out there was some kind of nut. If the Titans had any sane pilots when this war started, it seems like they're all dead at this point,". He laughed nervously and continued, "I didn't fare any better. Believe me, I'd be happy to go through that again to make sure you got back to the ship,". He hesitantly began to reach to touch her hand, but the PA system came alive as Kou made the call for the ship's pilots to report in, and he let his arm drop back to his side.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
King Monkey

- Team 1 Ready Room -

Celeine's calm tone did nothing to settle Jacob down. If anything, it only made him angrier. "If you're such an expert on war then why don't you understand the most basic concept? In war, there are bad guys, men and women who can't be stopped from doing evil without being killed. This time, those people are called Titans. You want to save this guy? You want to redeem him? It can't be done. He's a Titan. He will try to kill you and if he doesn't try to kill you, he'll try to kill me, or Fritz, or Michiko, or innocent civilians. If you want to save him, kill him. If you want keep him alive, keep him away from me because I will kill anyone in a Titans suit."

He rounded on Celeste, then. "Oh, Clute knew about it and now Fritz knows about it? Well, let's just hope Fritz doesn't end up like Clute while he's trying to help you save your pet Titan. If Fritz says you can do it, then I can't tell you that you can't but let me say it again if I see a Titan slow down enough to get a good shot, I will kill him. I don't care if he's your long lost grandfather and has your childhood dog in the cockpit with him. All Titans deserve to die.

"If you don't want to be at my throat, maybe you should think about whose side you're on and reconsider this hair brained scheme this woman has talked you into. I'd much rather be able to trust you than have to worry that you're going to do something stupid to save some psychopath."

Jacob gave one more glare at Celeine before storming out of the ready room and heading back toward the hangar.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

Eddie waved off Fritz's claim about cinnamon as Trask asked his question to the table.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you guys something," Trask said, "Excluding 'that' Rick Dias Custom, have your mobile suits had any weird malfunctions or similar of late?"

Marvin rolled his eyes at mention of his new mobile suit as Fritz let out a breath and thought briefly about his answer. "I don't think now is the time to give my fellow pilots something else to worry about, but my machine took a hit to the torso during Maelstrom that ended up causing the computer to...Bluescreen? I lost controls for way too long," He admitted.

"Combat damage can f*** ya up," Eddie shrugged and glanced toward Trask. "I ain't had anything go wrong that wasn't a result of getting hit, so nothing weird, really. What 'bout, Cowboy?" He turned toward the younger pilot.

"Well, my bazooka f***in' jammed last time out," He mumbled acidly. "Don't know what was wrong with it, but that's the most serious thing I've had happen in a Dias, except crap with the data recorders not working right." He added, barely remembering the latter issue before going back to his hamburger. The odd combat data recorded by the Rick Dias had been a minor issue when the Dervish switched over from the Nemo, and had later been briefly revived by Rem Banner, but it was more of a problem for the people back at AE than it was for the pilots and mechanics, so it was largely ignored.

blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

"I don't think now is the time to give my fellow pilots something else to worry about, but my machine took a hit to the torso during Maelstrom that ended up causing the computer to...Bluescreen? I lost controls for way too long," Fritz admitted.

"Combat damage can f*** ya up," Eddie added when he glanced at trask. "I ain't had anything go wrong that wasn't a result of getting hit, so nothing weird, really. What 'bout, Cowboy?"

"Well, my bazooka f***in' jammed last time out," Muttered Marvin. "Don't know what was wrong with it, but that's the most serious thing I've had happen in a Dias, except crap with the data recorders not working right."

"I see." Trask replied after listening, poking the slice of cake for a second and letting out a sigh they're all having issues, this doesn't look good.

"I was curious if this was an isolated problem or not, as my kanone dias had problems during maelstromm." trask began "first there was the launching issue at the catapault, which slowed your team down eddie. The radio was half working, i could hear messages but not send them. And no matter how many times i recalibrated it, the targeting crosshairs would always be out of alignment, then the whole targeting system went offline when..." he stopped for a second to take a breath "...When that blue suit made its run on the Balmrampur."

-The Hamburg-
-sick bay-

"Wha? No way!" Al blurted out, causing paris the jump slightly, if such a thing were actually possible in low gravity, "The guy we ran into out there was some kind of nut. If the Titans had any sane pilots when this war started, it seems like they're all dead at this point,". He laughed nervously and continued, "I didn't fare any better. Believe me, I'd be happy to go through that again to make sure you got back to the ship."

his response left paris at a total loss for words, yet very aware that he was trying bring his hand up to hers, only to stop when a PA message echoed into the room

"All mobile suit pilots please report to the briefing room."

"ehheh, i guess i'd better get going then." Paris replied sheepishly, before grabbing his hand in a rare move of impulsiveness "i'l go see what its about and take some notes for ya to read when i get back. kay?" she acted impulsively again by leaning in and giving him a peck on the cheek and squeezing his hand gently, then turning around so he couldn't see her blushing and floated towards the door.
Flag Fighter for life!
The Loser Villain

-The Dervish-
- Hangar -

"Sophie... I saw that thing in combat at the Gate of Zedan but... These things have gone into production? Why didn't you say anything? I didn't know the doctor had anything to do with the design. We watched it at Zedan and tried to gather data on it."

She wasn't sure what to believe. Sophie had heard that Anaheim was designing suits for both the Titans and the AEUG, but she didn't know that even those that worked with them on the Dervish could be involved.

"Well, eh, you see... The thing is, the main office, ah, promised they would not continue with M.156 if I was not available to supervise testing, I suppose they went in a different direction."

"Different direction?! Is that all Anaheim is interested in? Selling to whoever they want in order to make money? Do you even care who wins this? Or are you already trying to get in touch with those Zeon nuts and try to sell them some Mobile Suits?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

"I see," Adam sighed, poking at his own cake for a moment before speaking. "I was curious if this was an isolated problem or not, as my Kanone Dias had problems during Maelstromm. First there was the launching issue at the catapault, which slowed your team down, Eddie. The radio was half working, I could hear messages but not send them. And no matter how many times I recalibrated it, the targeting crosshairs would always be out of alignment, then the whole targeting system went offline when..." Trask paused, "...When that blue suit made its run on the Balmrampur."

Eddie shook his head as he finished chewing another chunk of cake. "Sounds like a bunch of isolated stuff to me. Catapult screws up every now and then. Radio and targeting systems are totally unconnected, unless the AE dudes totally changed the way the things are set up on the Kanone. S*** happens, man, sometimes all at once." Eddie shrugged and took another bite of his cake.

Tangerine

"um..yeah, I'm assigned to team 3" he eventually replied, trying not to stumble over his words "and its..uh..nice to meet you irene"

"nice to meet you too... umm I still haven't learn about your name..." Irene grinned as if something funny just happened. Meanwhile her stomach started to demand her attention. It's been a while since she ate.
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

"nice to meet you too... umm I still haven't learn about your name..." Irene replied before grinning

"oh...right." wales responded, scratching the back of his head a second time ".yeah, that..don't laugh right away but its Wales"
Flag Fighter for life!