Episode 25 - Guard Mount [Axis]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 25 - Guard Mount [Axis]

((All Axis players continue posting here.))

~February 2, Universal Century 0088~
~06:44 Coordinated Universal Time~

- Gryps 2 -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Wald was almost overwhelmed. His duties were suddenly piling up on top of them being on the verge of combat with the AEUG, and the pressure was starting to get to him. The Trammel unit had been combined with another small picket to form the "fifth squadron", and they were responsible for protecting one of the outer flank sections of Gryps 2. M'Quve had come back from the Gwanban with a message from Haman-sama and the princess for his ships, adding another layer of expectations to his battle performance that he honestly didn't need. Julian Meighan was still being annoying, particularly after being notified of the "honor" of filling in for Gwen in the Gaza team. The only thing he considered good news in the middle of all of the preparations was their new orders: "Maintain a defensive formation and repel all AEUG attacks on your zone of control.". That couldn't get much simpler.

What wasn't simple was the intelligence data they were being given. It read as if the whole AEUG (including ships Pizal didn't even know existed) was descending on him personally. The Gwanban was going so far as to confirm intercepted reports from the Titans that the entire AEUG operational fleet was in transit to Gryps 2. He gulped again and tried to think about something else. Shellia Northran had lit a fire under her team and gotten Gwen's Gaza-C disassembled, which was welcome good news. And from his seat on the bridge he could see the comforting shapes of the Trammel and Mandra to either side of his ship. There were rumblings that something was being done with Axis, but those rumors were easy to ignore. The only thing he had to worry about was holding the line and defending the colony laser, whose giant presence also took up most of his field of view.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Re: Episode 25 - Guard Mount [Axis]

-Kenneth Graden-

The Lt. Commander was on fire, He had his team working their butts off, and he was not going to put up with anyone slacking off. He had half the team working on their machines while the other half rested. It was amazing how Graden himself never seemed to sleep or eat.

"Tuzenbach!" He bellowed from across the hangar. "I told you Meighan is your responsibility. You best get his lazy pampered self down here or it'll be you guys who're responsible for going over his machine! You're still my number two in this team! Don't forget that!"

Graden sneered has gripped the railing looking at half his team below him. Only real reason Graden was being so hard on Nikolai was so he would inpart be especially tough on Meighan, much like the Captain Graden thought Meighan was an Arsehole.

-Gwen Brouille(too lazy for accents)-

Gwen was busy as a bee! She wasn't going to let her little 'demotion' prevent her from during her part....so she was pushing a lunch cart. "I got the hamburgers!" She said as she pushed the cart into the hangar.

-Kenneth Graden-

Graden turned away from the hangar as Gwen had entered. His whole team consisted of children. He had seen this same thing before and it was at a Bao Qu. Too many young lives had already perished in the name of Zeon, Graden would do whatever it takes to protect these young proud soldiers of Axis.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

"Tuzenbach! I told you Meighan is your responsibility. You best get his lazy pampered self down here or it'll be you guys who're responsible for going over his machine! You're still my number two in this team! Don't forget that!"

"Sir," he saluted as he pushed off towards the hangar exit, "I'll bring Ltjg. Meighan to the hangar at once."

'When did I become number two? I thought that was Djorn,' he thought as he reached the walkway.

"I got the hamburgers!"

Looking to his right Nikolai saw Gwen pushing the food cart into the hangar. He felt bad that they had removed her from the rotation. He felt even worse that he now had to sheppard around Julian Meighan. He was once stuck having to listen to the man speak for two hours straight.

"Thanks Gwen," grabbing a food pack from the cart, "I'll have to eat this on the way to find ol'motor mouth." He gave her a pat on the shoulder as he passed her. "Every bit counts Gwen," Nikolai smiled at her as he passed through the door.

"Now, where will the Ltjg. be at this moment?" he said out loud. deciding to check the ready room first, he found no sign of the man. He looked at the comm panel in the coroner of the room and felt the fastest thing to do would be to contact the bridge.

"This is Ens. Tuzenbach, do you know the where abouts of Ltjg. Meighan?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Pizal was still in his chair, fingers steepled forward with his hands resting in his lap, scanning the computer display of their surroundings with the defense field overlaid on the screen. The 'fifth squadron', which was the Trammel unit assisted by a few other, smaller ships, were arrayed in a sort of enlongated semicircle facing outward from Gryps 2. M'Quve had (probably intelligently) stuck the Bindra closest to the middle, meaning their flanks were fairly well protected. That fact, at least, was comforting, because this would be his ship's first real test against full-strength and determined attackers. He was confident that they would be successful, because the thought of failing the princess was too shameful to consider.

"Sir, the Trammel's Gaza team is launching for pre-combat patrols. We've been instructed to prepare for full standby," Vada reported, calling the captain's attention back to the bridge windows. "Message received..." Wald responded absentmindedly as he watched the first Gaza-C rocket away from the small picket team's flagship. It was followed quickly by another, but this one stood out like a sore thumb simply because it was painted differently than all the other hundreds of Gazas he had seen - instead of pink and purple it was a solid flat purple with a few yellow markings. He had heard about M'Quve's pilots... that painted suit had to be LtCmdr. Cernel Joson, his team's commanding officer and One Year War veteran. One of the others was another long-serving veteran, Lt. Max Ball. He would have killed to have them put in his ship.

As he was daydreaming about what his ship could do if he had a team full of aces from the last war, he didn't notice Vada dealing with communications from inside the ship. "This is Ens. Tuzenbach, do you know the whereabouts of Ltjg. Meighan?" Nikolai asked, causing the operator to roll his eyes. He smirked slightly and answered, "I'll let the captain handle your question, sir,". He turned in his seat and waved for Pizal's attention. After picking up the handset on the arm of his command chair, Nikolai repeated his question and the captain responded with a heavy sigh, facepalming at Meighan's name. He began to drum his free hand's fingers on his thigh as he answered, "Ensign, I don't know where Meighan is. If he were more responsible he'd probably be in the hangar,".

- Hangar -

Julian Meighan swept into the hangar looking like he owned the place. With his precious rose delicately attached to his lapel, he brushed back his billowing cape and pushed off the floor for the nearest catwalk railing, a broad grin plastered on his face. Vaulting the metal safety rail instead of stopping at it, he crossed the hangar through the air, coming to a stop at chest level of his Gaza-C on the service platform. He would have been there earlier to check on his mobile suit, but he had been sidetracked into telling a gripping tale to one of the crew in the mess hall about one of his short meetings with Haman-sama. Well, one of her close aides. He looked up at his machine and thought about distinguishing himself in the upcoming battle. It shouldn't be too hard, flying with this rabble.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
King Monkey

The Bindra
-Hangar-

Djorn was close on Julian's heels and he entered the hangar as though he owned it, himself. Of course, that meant something different in Djorn's case. In Djorn's case, it meant he made the rounds, greeting all the technicians, shaking hands, clapping shoulders and throwing jokes and friendly taunts all around. He even went so far as to examine all the Mobile Suits in the hangar, giving advice on how to maintain and repair them.

One would hardly believe that he knew he was within hours of a battle with the jolly way the toured the hangar. But then, he had pure faith in their cause. There was no way they could lose with the freedom of Axis on the line so he knew he had nothing to worry about.

"Burgers! How did you know? I've been craving a hamburger. Is there anything better in the universe than a pretty woman with food?" he asked rhetorically as he finally settled on one person. Slipping up behind Gwen, he put one arm around her waist as he reached past her to grasp one of the hamburgers. He took a big bite before continuing.

"Sorry to hear you won't be flying with us, Gwenny. You're a good pilot and we could use you out there," he said, his words muffled by the mouth full of hamburger he had.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Ready Room -

Vada had seemed just as thrilled about Meighan as Nikolai. "I'll let the captain handle your question, sir."

"Wait, what?" and the next thing he knew Pizal Wald was waiting for him to ask the question again, which he did, adding in a few to many sirs.

"Ensign, I don't know where Meighan is. If he were more responsible he'd probably be in the hangar."

Before Nikolai could protest that he'd already been in the hangar he heard a click. "Uh, sir... hello sir?" He looked at the receiver in his hand, "He hung up on me," the young man said stung.

Putting the receiver back he made his way back to the hangar, just in time to see Julian Meighan floating in front of his Gaza-C.

"Ah, Sir!!" Nikolai called out floating over towards him. "I was looking for you sir. Lt. Cmdr. Graden wanted you to," he paused for a moment and then realized he had to choose his next words carefully, "to grace us with your presence and lend your know how to the tech teams in assistance to keeping our machines well maintained." He put on the biggest grin he could muster and saluted to emphasize his words.

'If Graden hears that I said he said that, my goose is cooked,' thought Nikolai.

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps 2 -

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

"Ah, Sir!!". Julian turned in the direction of the noise, responding to the call with a smarmy grin and a wasted flourish of his cape. "I was looking for you sir. Lt. Cmdr. Graden wanted you to... to grace us with your presence and lend your know how to the tech teams in assistance to keeping our machines well maintained," Nikolai explained, using expert tact. In most cases it would have simply served to encourage him, but being so close to a combat operation he was actually beginning to focus. "I see," Meighan said, seeming to consider the simple request in an over the top manner as he stroked his chin, "Well, I am valuable to the team. Capt. Wald finally seemed to understand that. Lead the way, ensign,". He gestured past Nikolai and reached up to tap the stem of his rose. "Did I ever tell you how I got this, ensign?".

- Gryps 2 Space, Ahead of the Bindra -

"Spread out," Joson grunted, giving directions to his team as they swept ahead of the fleet. His purple Gaza-C, already transformed before launch to avoid straining the systems, boosted ahead of his wingmen to take point as they approached the edge of the fifth squadron's field of control. Debris from colony construction and the creation of the Gryps 2 laser complex was strewn before them and was thick enough in some parts to be dangerous. "Slow down when you get close to this garbage. Keep your eyes open and report anything suspicious," he ordered, cutting his own speed to 'sidestep' a chunk of metal using his verniers. His XO, Ball, spoke up and added, "If the timeline from the Gwanban is right we shouldn't see anything out here for another five hours or so,". "I don't care what the timeline says. Everyone pay attention - we're out here as skirmishers too," Joson responded curtly.

"Yes, sir," the rest of the squad responded. They sounded confident, but were just as green as the rest of the newly trained flyboys Axis was relying on to shore up the dwindling number of veterans available. Joson had regretfully missed out on fighting at A Baoa Qu, but he knew the price the Principality had paid for sending out rookie pilots in high performance mobile suits. He didn't buy into quantity over quality, but maybe they had enough of an upper hand this time to make it work. "We'll be out here for an hour," he continued, "Which means we're the ones most likely to be cycled out on patrol again when the shit jumps off. Just do your job and remember your training, and Max and I will be there to pull your ass out of the fire if you need help,".

Changing his course slightly, he checked the computer's projected path and then sent the new data to his team. "Stay on this course for a while. I want to check the debris..."
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Wedge14

[Hangar]

If Graden was blind, he probably wouldn't be a Lt. Cmdr incharge of a bunch of rookies. "Tuzenbach!" he belted from the other end of the Hangar in an angry tone. "I need Brouillé off the lunch Cart, I want Meighan on it since he's not doing squat!" A menial task like passing out food would probably make Meighan less annoying. But to be honest Graden had no idea what he needed Gwen for, he would need to make up a job and fast.

Gwen's shy smile towards her would-be rapist suddenly brightened with real joy as she was freed from the cart. "ooooooh! You guys hear that?? Maybe I'll get to pilot again!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

"I see. Well, I am valuable to the team. Capt. Wald finally seemed to understand that. Lead the way, ensign. Did I ever tell you how I got this, ensign?"

Nikolai turned to go in the direction of the Gaza-C Julian would be using and shuddered at the thought of hearing another story about the rose he claims was given to him by Haman-sama. He was about to answer when Graden bellowed at him from the other end of the hangar:

"Tuzenbach! I need Brouillé off the lunch Cart, I want Meighan on it since he's not doing squat!"

Mouth agape he turned to Julian and began to stammer.

"Uh....uh.... you hhhheard the Lt. Cmdr."