Episode 24 - Deadly Vortex [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
King Monkey

Re: Episode 24 - Deadly Vortex [4th]

Jacob laughed nervously at the doctor's joke after a nonplussed pause. He had, after all, flown the "old" models not too long ago. It was hard to tell if the doctor's joke meant that they didn't have to worry because it was ridiculous to think any of the machines would blow up by themselves or if he meant they no longer had to worry because the machines wouldn't blow up any more.

"Well...I'm...uh...just going to leave you to your work," he continued. "Thanks for the information."

Jacob returned to his own machine then, passing time as he waited for Sager and his crew to get to his Mobile Suit. His eyes passed over Archer's Rick Dias with no sign of recognition. Clute's machine had been so damaged that he just assumed that they'd scrapped it. The dark memories associated with the Mobile Suit remained buried. And Jacob remained functional.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
EZero8

--Mess Hall--

"Burgers... and cake...?" Wes grunted out as he placed his food on his tray. Not that he didn't like burgers or cake, but that's all the mess hall has been serving as of late. Anyone who likes their junk-food delicacies wouldn't want to eat it every day. On the bright side, this beats eating canned weiners and beans every other day back down on Earth.

After grabbing his food, he managed to locate the rest of Team 2 sitting together with Celeste. Without really thinking about it Wes headed over and placed his tray next to where Celeste was sitting. He arrived just in time to hear Sophie say "Yes, I guess you're right..."

"Yo," Curren says as he took his seat. He couldn't help but wonder if that has become his typical greeting to everyone, often with nothing else to follow it. It's almost like he really has nothing else to say.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
hellbore

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

Adam hadn't heard any of the outside conversation as he had been deep in thought, reading all the theoretical basics of the Kanone Dias. He suddenly came back to himself and realised that he had spaced out, staring at the pages uncomprehendingly. He put down the thick sheaf of papers and rubbed his eyes. He got out of the linear seat and grabbed the edge of the hatch to swing himself out. He paused hen he stuck his head out seeing the figures above him. He looked up at them and said, sounding slightly confused, "Ah have I... missed something?"

- The Hamburg -
- Mess Hall -

Walking into the mess just as Irene finshed speaking, Randy looked around and spotted the other two pilots. He gave a freindly wave and said, "Morning. I see your up early." He took a seat across from Irene. He looked pointed at her taost and water, but said nothing. Instead he followed up with, "I hope your all feeling well, 'cause we should arrive at Gryps any day now, and we'll need everything we've got to end this." His voice had turned somewhat serious, a sharp contrast to his usual laid-back attitude. He met the eyes of first Mart, then Irene hoping to fully impart the weight of his words. They had all come too far to falter here.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

Celeste sat down and added, "I haven't seen him in a day or two. I think Dr. M keeps him pretty busy since we left Luna."

Sophie had blushed slightly, Eddie noticed, but hadn't been looking her way when it first happened, so he wasn't sure what comment caused that reaction. "Yes, I guess you're right..." she trailed off before eating.

At that point, Curren showed up. Marvin merely gave him a single glance before turning back to his tray, while Eddie's raised his eyebrows slightly in partially-mocked suprise. Wes gave his usual short greeting, "Yo," and took a seat.

"Hey hey." Eddie replied before another taking another large bite of cake. At the other end of the table from Wes, Cowboy gave a slight nod and kept his attention on his hamburger.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- Edge of Gryps Space -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

"Well...I'm...uh...just going to leave you to your work. Thanks for the information," Jacob replied, laughing nervously at Dr. M's joke. He politely extracted himself from the conversation and made his way back to his mobile suit to wait for Sager and his team. The doctor nodded politely and forced his hand to give a wave, then turned to Terrace and continued, "Well, eh, Ens. Manosk, I'd--". "Ah have I... missed something?" Adam called out, getting their attention from his cockpit hatch. Gerhard chuckled and responded, "Ah, not quite, JG,". He rifled through his papers again, finally dropping a few at Terrace's feet. "Mr. Trask, I was just looking to see what you think of the Kanone model? Ltjg. Markado was just looking for some information, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might, eh, have,".

Over on Rick Archer's suit, Rem had wriggled out of the open panel he was working on to change tools. "Just leave it off for now. I need power cut to this limb to keep working on the shoulder joint control," Rem said, rummaging through the toolbox he was sitting next to. "Uh, yeah, gotcha," Rick responded, flipping the controls back to the last setting he had cycled to. He punched a few keys and the display beeped, indicating it had followed the command. He climbed out of the cockpit and slid down the shoulder armor to the platform Rem was on. "Hey, let me take a look at this. I'd like to work on the guts of these things a little more; I'm still used to the Nemo," Rick gestured at the open section of the arm as he crouched down next to Rem. Banner pulled the socket wrench he had been searching for out of the box and scooted over with a nod. "Uh, yeah, sure. Just take the internal cover off of that electronic panel," he said, leaning over to point a boxy area where multiple cables and important-looking pieces of hardware came together.

While Rick pulled himself into the open section of the Rick Dias' upper arm, Rem wiped his hands off with a rag. "Hey Rem... Which section do I disconnect? They all look lit up," Rick asked, speaking up from inside the machine. "What? You left it off..." Rem asked, puzzled by the question, "None of them should be lit,". He leaned forward to look inside the panel and went wide-eyed. "I thought you pointed at this cover. So it's this one, then," Rick said, pointing at an adjacent box with the wrench. "Don't--!" Rem shouted, recoiling from the opening as Rick touched the wrench to the panel. The metal tool touched the exposed cables in the first panel and the cover of the second, causing a powerful spark of electricity to arc between them. Archer's sickening cry of pain was cut off into a rough grunt as his whole body convulsed and his muscles contracted.

The sound was enough to get the attention of most everyone nearby, and crew began to call for help as mechanics dropped what they were doing. Even though he knew better, Rem instinctively reached out and touched Rick's back intending to pull him away, which was enough to give him a nasty shock and knock him out cold on the platform. "DON'T TOUCH EITHER ONE OF THEM!" Sager commanded, his voice loud enough to echo in the huge hangar as he scrambled over the catwalk and sprinted in the direction of the accident. Dr. M turned away from Adam and Terrace to look in the direction of the noise when all the commotion started and when he realized what was happening he dropped his papers and crawled off the lift onto the catwalk to run to Sager's aid, managing to do so in a surprisingly agile way. Sager leapt down from the walk closest to them, steadying himself with the railing.

He looked around frantically for a moment until he found a rubber mallet with a wooden handle in the toolbox. With the mallet and his own rubber-soled boots he managed to knock Archer loose from the boxes as Dr. M was pulling himself into the suit's cockpit to shut the whole machine down. Sager tentatively touched Rick's arm but pulled his hand away from the heat. He rolled the pilot over and briefly checked on Rem, who was still breathing. Sager looked around and up at the catwalk at all the crew that were standing around in shock watching him. "DAMN IT, GET A MEDICAL TEAM IN HERE! TWO ELECTROCUTIONS!" he screamed up at them, shoving the closest man out of the way to get at an emergency box affixed to the wall. He tore the small AED from the box and rushed back to Archer as a medical alarm finally began to sound.

- Team 1 Ready Room -

"So what happens if we can't take Gryps 2 from them on the first try?" Michiko asked, sitting across from Fritz. She fidgeted with a tube of juice that she didn't really want to drink. He drummed his fingers on the cover of the report and answered, "In that case, honestly there might not be a second try,". "Oh..." she said quietly, her shoulders slumping. Fritz dropped the folder back onto the table and leaned back against the couch, his fingers still nervously drumming on his leg. They sat there for a few uncomfortable seconds, not directly looking at each other. Eventually, between the finger drumming and the nervous fidgeting, Fritz sat up straight and said, "Look, Michiko...". He was cut off by the beeping of the medical alarm. "What?" Fritz muttered, looking up at the red light blinking above the wall phone. He rose from the couch and walked to the door to look into the hall in the direction of the hangar. "Fritz--" Michiko said, standing up from her seat.

"Somebody got hurt," Fritz said, stepping into the hallway. Michiko walked to the door and peered down the corridor, then gently touched Fritz on the arm. "The medics are on the way," she said, "There's nothing you can do,". He cursed under his breath and shook his head. "Fritz. What were you going to say?" she asked, pulling him by the arm back towards the ready room door to get him out of the hallway as the medical team burst out of the lift at the end of the corridor. "Wha? Oh... Michi, we need to talk. We can't keep pretending everything is fine and acting strange around each other," he said, allowing her to pull him into the room. The medics rushed past as the door closed, and one of the technicians gave a knowing look to his partner. "See, told ya' I heard something was going on with them," he said as they entered the hangar.

- Mess Hall -

Celeste looked up from her book and added her own smile and greeting to the group's response to Wes. "I feel like the odd girl out," she laughed, setting the book down to take another bite of cake. "So have you guys had enough of these briefings?" she asked, filling the silence. In a way she had gone from wanting to be alone to needing to talk to people. A subdued alarm began to beep, one that wasn't commonly heard, and at a table not far from them a crewman dropped his burger and dashed for the exit. The PA system turned on, and Jane calmly announced, "Dr. Lekarz, please report to the hangar immediately,". "...that doesn't sound good," Celeste said quietly.

- The Hamburg -
- Mess Hall -

Capt. Loweno entered the mess hall on a short break, and as he floated between the tables to the serving line he noticed the trio of pilots conversing. When he realized one of them was Irene he immediately sucked in his gut and tidied up his uniform, even taking a moment to slick his hair. "Well, well, well. Ltjg. Kawamura! Ça va?" he beamed, his slight accent returning from wherever it went after the last time she left his presence.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

"I feel like the odd girl out," Celeste said, setting down her book to take a bite of her own cake. "So have you guys had enough of these briefings?"

Before anyone had a chance to respond, a quiet alarm went off. A crewman near by, Eckardy recognized him as a medic, quickly ran off, while Jane's voice called for the doctor. "...that doesn't sound good." Celeste added quietly.

Eddie frowned briefly as he remembered what the distinct alarm was for. It was one he hadn't heard in quite some time. "Uh... electrical? Cowboy?" He turned his head toward Marvin.

Marvin nodded once. "Yeah." He confirmed, quietly, but matter of factly.

Eckardy winced slightly. "Crap, haven't heard that since the Nemo days..." He trailed off briefly, but turned back toward Celeste and the others, who hadn't been around back then. "Somebody probably got a real nasty shock. Used to happen a lot when we were runnin' around trying to keep the ol' Nemos goin'. Doc and all that's usually just precation and all that kinda crud." Eddie waved his fork as he dismissed idea that the alarm was anything serious, before stabbing yet another chunk of his rapidly shrinking cake.

blind_dead_mcjones

"Well, unfortunately - or fortunately, if you think like Capt. Loweno - we're moving in a cycle that is nearly on the other side of Gryps from the Argama," he began to answer, smiling. He rested his hands on his hips and continued, "So in effect we'll be hitting sections of the enemy's defense before, and simultaneously with, the Argama and Radish. We've still got enough operational strength to be used out in front,"

Keaton let out a sigh as Abbey gave his response, "yeah, i suppose Capt' Loweno would view that as fortunate." he adjusted his cap slightly "Oh well, someone has to be in front."

karl paused for a second as he thought he could hear the subdued beeping of a medical alarm in the background from abbeys end of the comm

"never a dull moment, is there captain" he said rhetorically
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

- The Hamburg -

Capt. Loweno made a surprise appearance in the mess hall. “Ça va!” Irene said, mustering her long forgotten French teaching. “Care to join us, sir?” she asked politely. “Lieutenant Emington just told us that we should reach Gryps soon. Is there any new development?”
wonton bob

- The Dervish -
- Hanger -

Bernard was sitting on the railing with his legs dangling off the side when he caught sight of a flash. He normally would have assumed some welding was going on except for the horrifying half-scream. It was clear that one of them was "connected" far too long if not for the brave soul that disrupted the connection. Then several crew started rushing to the pair that were laying on the ground.

shame.. Bernard thought as he bit down on a cracker. It was minutes later that he heard the poor man who was electrocuted was Ltjg. Archer.
Placing his chin on the bar, he wondered who was going to be the new C.O. now. It wasn't that long ago that Rick was just an emergency pilot.

"Right before a battle too...poor kid. Guess we'll have to change tactics with the new squad leader," he coldly said to himself as he stuffed another cracker in his mouth.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
King Monkey

The scream drew Jacob's attention just as it drew everyone else's. He stared in rapt horror as Archer's body lay far too still on the catwalk. He couldn't get his legs to move to run to a phone to call the medics. Fortunately, someone else had a clearer head and summoned the medical crew.

He sank slowly to his own catwalk, reminded once more of the ridiculous randomness of war. They weren't even in battle and a pilot had died. All of his resolve evaporated and he felt it seeping out of every pore of his body, leaving him uncertain of his purpose or ability to continue the battle.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

-The Balrampur

-Bridge –

Paris Rose Carter floated onto the bridge and sighed, being designated as the helmsman for the ship until the operation started, sure was a drag, but due to the need to give the official pilot of The Balrampur some much needed rest, Paris really couldn’t complain. ~Soon all hell will break loose... ~ Paris thought morosely, as she swung herself over the seat and sat down, her long black hair following her like a wave. She had seen enough battles from the sidelines of The Balrampur to know when something dark was on its way. Apparently back on Earth, you could smell a storm coming. You couldn’t feel the rain and sense the thunder before it came. Having never been on Earth, Paris assumed it was the same feeling she was having now. ~ So in that sense, this operation is aptly named. ~ Paris thought as she reconfigured the ships controls to the way she liked them and corrected The Balrampur’s course by .0056 degree’s. Another result of being on the sidelines, she learned the quirks of the ship and Balrampur’s was that it tended to list slightly after flying for an extended period of time. Of course, she recognized the signs when she first flew the battleship due to her time flying her families old transport, Daisy’s Voice, of course that was before her family had been killed by Zeon Remnants and the transport was impounded by Titians. Then again, who liked dwelling on the past? Paris sure as hell didn’t, which was why she lived in the now.

Glancing behind her to make sure the captain wasn’t coming on deck; Paris pulled out a copy of Star Magazine, leaned back, and was just about to open the magazine when a hand fell on the back of her chair. “So, do you have it?” The reserve tactical officer, George Lano, smiled down at Paris. Bald, short, and wearing small spectacles, George looked every bit the pervert he was. In response, Paris held up a brown file and forced a smile. “I have it all in here.”

“Yeah, you do.” George said, and he eyed her with such a high degree of lust, that Paris rolled her eyes. “You know that wasn’t even dirty, you try to hard George.”

“Most ladies I know never seem to mind.” George muttered as he took the file away from Paris and started scanning it with his beetle black eyes. Paris made a face and swallowed her response that, most ladies George knew were probably street walkers, and went back to her magazine. Several days before, George had told her about his relationship with one of the mechanic’s and once he got past his too detailed explanation of their romantic life, he did something unexpected… he asked for Paris’ help and by “help” he meant that he wanted get the personal file of his girlfriend. What Paris found wasn’t promising for a healthy relationship, specifically the reports of assault charges and anger management classes.

“Woah…” George muttered and he floated back to the wall of the bridge. “Look at all this…”
Paris sighed and looked over at George, he may have been a pervert, but Paris felt a degree of sympathy for the man. Such a thing must be hard to read and George had seemed really fond of the un-named mechanic. “Yeah, she has a lot of issues.”

“I see that…” George said, and he looked up at her and suddenly flashed a large grin, “But that means she isn’t out of my league! Thanks Carter!”

Paris raised an eyebrow and went back to her magazine. Honestly, she shouldn’t be surprised. Why had she even helped George on this? Oh, it must have been because being an emergency reserve mobile suit pilot and a backup helmsman, Paris had nothing to do most of the day. The most exciting thing she had going for her was George coming onto her and that wasn’t even exciting! It was disgusting.

Paris’ brow knitted and she suddenly realized that she had read this issue before. ~Great! ~ Paris thought angrily as she tossed the magazine away from her and looked over at George, but he was too engrossed in her findings to notice anything she did. Paris looked over at the ship closest to them. She couldn’t recognize it, but she could see the hanger open and a Nemo that was closest to the open space. Paris sighed again, what would she give to be out flying a mobile suit? To be actually making a difference out in the battlefield, instead of watching the battle from the sidelines. Especially this battle… her blue eyes narrowed, they were going to be fighting Axis in this battle. Which were Zeon remnants if she knew her info correctly and if she had heard right from George about the battle plan. She didn’t like remembering in the past, but Paris couldn’t deny that some revenge on Zeon scum would go a long way in helping her live with what happened to her parents. ~After all, isn’t there some kind of step in recovery that makes you face your demons? ~
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
The Loser Villain

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

Before he'd even realized what had happened Rick and Rem had been electrocuted while working on the mobile suit. The sight of the two men froze Terrace in place. The hangar began to spin and he grabbed at the rail on the platform as his eyes rolled up into his head and he fell to the floor.

-Mess Hall-

The alarm that sounded through the ship cause Sophie to look up from her food.

"Uh... electrical? Cowboy?" Eddie had said to Marvin who confirmed it with a nod.

"Crap, haven't heard that since the Nemo days... Somebody probably got a real nasty shock. Used to happen a lot when we were runnin' around trying to keep the ol' Nemos goin'. Doc and all that's usually just precation and all that kinda crud."

She could feel her stomach sink when Eddie described the earlier days with the Nemos. "You don't think its anything serious?" Sophie asked him.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

"You don't think its anything serious?" Sophie asked.

Eddie shrugged. "Not really. I've never heard of a Dias having the kinds of problems we had with the Nemo, and that really only happened when we were constantly rebuilding half the Nemos to keep 'em going." Eddie's tone went slightly serious as he alluded to the rougher times in the history of the Dervish. "Somebody probably got careless again and has their hair standing up like a cartoon," he grinned, his voice normal. "Sager'll probably tear 'em a new one." The thought of the mechanic yelling at somebody with their hair standing on end prompted Eddie to snort a quick laugh.

wonton bob

-The Dervish-
-Hangar-

Swinging his legs back and forth, Bernard happily watched all the activity on his squad's section of the hanger. Popping another cracker in his mouth he noticed someone else trying to hog the spotlight.

"Yo! They seem to be falling like dominoes! Like dominoes, I say!" Bernard yelled over to Sager and the med team. "Man down!" he hollered while pointing in Terrace's direction. It definitely wasn't boring around here anymore he thought but--

"..these crackers are making me thirsty."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- Edge of Gryps Space -

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

"Damn it," Sager kept cursing under his breath as he paced on the catwalk above the accident area while the medical team did their work. Several medics including Dr. Lekarz had used the portable AED and their own equipment to work on stabilizing Rick Archer, who was in much worse shape than Rem. When they had climbed down onto the work platform he was on the verge of death, but they had done their best to bring his heartbeat back into a normal rhythm. One of the nurses and a pair of medics were treating Rem, who had regained consciousness just after their arrival. "I... I told him..." Rem groaned, trying to sit up as the team examined his hands and made sure his heart was functioning properly, "I told him...". "Okay, Mr. Banner. Please relax. You can't get up yet," the nurse said, keeping him calmed down. "We'll have to cut off his gloves," one of the medics said.

"Second and third degree burns to the hands and chest... Looks like mild ocular damage... Nerve damage from the electrocution..." the doctor rattled off as he assessed Archer, who was still out cold. That was probably for the best as the team began to remove burned clothing to get at his wounds. "All right, let's transfer them both," Dr. Lekarz said, getting up from where he had been kneeling next to Rick to gesture for the stretchers they had brought, muttering, "This would be a lot easier without gravity,". "How did it happen?" Dr. M spoke up, leaning over the railing to look down at the scene, "The safety system must have failed, or the suit was left on the wrong setting...". "Get the ICU bed prepped for Ltjg. Archer, and get burn treatments ready for both of them," Lekarz ordered, organizing the tricky move up onto the catwalk so the two men could be sent carefully to sick bay.

"Yo! They seem to be falling like dominoes! Like dominoes, I say!" Bernard called out from his suit's rack. Sager spun in his direction and glared at the snacking pilot. "You can either get off your ass and do something or shut up... sir," the chief responded, frowning at the commentary. "Man down!" Bernard yelled, pointing out the collapsed Ens. Manosk. "Damn it!" Sager barked, moving to help Terrace, but one of the medics rose from the crowd around Archer and waved him off. He dashed over to the fainted pilot's platform and gave his head a quick once-over before making sure he didn't have any serious neurological damage from the fall, then produced some smelling salts from a pack on his belt to bring him around.

"Will they recover?" Dr. M asked the quick-moving team of medics as they passed him by with Rick and Rem on gurneys. "Can't say yet, doc. I think Mr. Banner should be fine once his hands heal though," the nurse answered. "Damn it!" Sager repeated, hucking the mallet he was still carrying down to the floor far below them. "Somebody get to work on this thing!" he yelled in frustration, gesturing at the now-damaged Rick Dias as he headed for the closest wall phone. "What the hell do we do now?" one of the gawking techs asked as Sager passed him. "Get back to work," Sager responded, aggravated, as he snatched up the handset. "Everybody get back to work!" he yelled at his whole crew, "...and be careful!".

The armful of papers Dr. Merkwürdigliebe had been carrying were now scattered across the hangar between where Terrace and Jacob separately stood (or lay and sat, as the case may be). One of them floated through the air after catching a draft of canned air coming from the vents and delicately made it's way in Markado's direction. It slowly drifted down and landed gently on Jacob's knee - a close up technical cross-section done by hand of a chillingly familiar royal blue mobile suit. The page was a sort of 3/4 view 'bust', and the ink of both emerald green eyes seemed to carry a malicious glow even as a two-dimensional representation.

- Bridge -

"Yeah, I suppose Capt. Loweno would view that as fortunate," Capt. Keaton smiled, "Oh well, someone has to be in front,". "I wouldn't mind if that someone was the Argama alone, but I don't mind the 'honor' of joining them. I suppose our newtypes aren't good enough to handle it by their lonesome," Abbey grinned. To tell the truth he would have likely volunteered the 4th to help lead the attack if there had been a choice involved - a stronger attack would bring an end to the Titans faster and have him on his way home happily retired that much quicker. "Besides, we'll get relieved. Sooner or later," he added. "Never a dull moment, is there captain?" Keaton commented as the dull medical alarm went off. "And make my life easy?" Abbey responded with a snort.

After a couple of minutes, Sager's call came through from the hangar. Wade picked up, and got the first news about the incident. "Sir," Wade said, calling for Abbey's attention. Carl turned away from the screen Capt. Keaton was on and took the handset from his helmsman. "Captain - we had an accident down here. Ltjg. Archer and Rem Banner both got electrocuted while they were working on one of the suits..." Sager reported, causing Abbey's stomach to drop. "Jesus... Are they dead?" he asked, moving away from his seat and lowering his voice. "No, sir. Doc just came and got 'em both. Archer looked pretty bad though, sir," Sager answered. "Now we have to deal with this so close to the operation starting..." Abbey muttered, cursing under his breath, "Can you repair Archer's suit?". "Give me 6 hours," Sager answered confidently.

After wrapping up the conversation with Sager and getting an official repeat of the news from sick bay, Abbey finally returned to his command chair and Capt. Keaton. "Karl, one of my team leaders just got injured pretty badly. I hate to drop this in your lap, but we need to do some pilot juggling pretty damn quick to avoid arriving at Gryps down a man. I need you to activate an emergency pilot and send them to the Hamburg, and notify..." he said, looking down to a file he was handed by Jungst with a list of pilots and their qualifications, "Ens. Ingleshard that he's being transferred to the Dervish, since he's trained on the Nemo Cannon. It'll be easier to get him caught up on the Rick Dias. I'll have André send over Ens. Mart - he's a One Year War vet that piloted a GM Cannon during the war so he'll take over Ingleshard's spot,".

"Let's get this done ASAP, Karl. We've all got new pilots to get re-briefed now."

- The Hamburg -
- Mess Hall -

“Ça va!" Irene said fairly confidently, "Care to join us, sir? Lieutenant Emington just told us that we should reach Gryps soon. Is there any new development?”. "Don't mind if I do," Loweno said, smoothly transferring himself into the seat next to Irene, "Your French is good, chaton,". "Developments? Well, I heard Jamitov killed himself rather than face me," he grinned. Before he could 'entertain' them any further, Lt. Stalvern found him and delivered a message. Finally getting serious, Loweno scanned it for a moment and then said, "Mart, get your gear. You're going to the Balrampur. Good luck,". He read further, his smile returning and growing larger, "You're being replaced here by... Ens. Paris Carter. Paris!". He slapped John on the back and sent him on his way and laughed, "God can't give me all of this only to have me killed, right? I'm a lucky man!". "Your French is awful, sir," the lieutenant called out as he left.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Soma Taozi

-The Balrampur-

-Bridge-

Paris stared wide eyed at the paper in her hands. A transfer? To the Hamburg? And what’s more…it was because she was being moved up from an emergency replacement MS pilot to a fully fledged pilot! Paris gaped at the paper and back up at George, who had just given her the oder and was grinning broadly. “You like?” He asked, in an innocent voice.

“This…” Paris struggled for words; she closed her mouth, blinked several times and looked back up at George. “This had better not be a joke George, because that would be just too cruel, even for you.”

George shook his head, “No, no, it is legit. Remember when I asked you to get the personal file on my girlfriend and I promised to do you a favor?”

Paris nodded dumbly, “I just thought you were making so kind of sick sexual joke, but you were in fact…doing this?” She held up the transfer order. “How?”

George shrugged, “I know people and I put in a good word for you with the Captain, so that when they needed a replacement pilot, you would be it. Oh and you better not screw this up!” He said, glaring at her, but it was just a bit over the top so Paris knew he was joking. “My reputation is at stake here so-“ The rest of what he said was cut off when Paris sprung out of her seat and hugged him tightly. “Thank you so much for this!” She said happily and she drew back, “Hold on a minute George, are you blushing?”

“I…what?” George said, looking away in a clearly embarrassed fashion.

You are! I never thought I would see the day where you were embarrassed! You are just an old softy, aren’t you?”

George frowned at her in a disgruntled sort of way, “That isn’t true!”

“Right, sure it isn’t.” Paris said, with s giggle and she went back to looking at the transfer, “Seriously though, thank you for this. I never thought yo- no, anyone would do this for me. I will make sure I will watch this ship's back.”

“You better.” George said and for a second both of them stared at each other, both unsure what to do next. They had never really been friends. There had so many walls between them, but as time passed and they got to know each other, they started to work as a team. Paris may have been disgusted by George Lano, but she trusted him to do his job and he did the same. When all was said in done, she was going to miss him.

George coughed awkwardly to break the silence, “You better go pack. I think they are transferring you over to the Hamburg ASAP, some major pilot juggling is going on. Hurry up.”

“Right…and thanks again George, keep in touch and don’t give my replacement a hard time.” Paris said with a small, sad smile.

George rolled his eyes, “Hey! It took me months to be able to stay in the same room as you and the prospect of doing that all again is not fun. I think you get the better end of the deal on this one.”

“George, trust me, it may be hard on you, but it is three times that for the replacement…especially if it is going to be a female.” Paris said and with one final flash of a smile, Paris floated out of the bridge and headed towards her quarters.

Almost an hour later, she was packed. Her room didn’t have all that much in it. When her parents were killed, Paris had lost almost everything she owned, except for a few pictures and they were really the only thing she had in her room, besides the odd book and magazine. The reason it took so long to pack was because Paris suddenly felt very nostalgic, often picking up picture frames and staring at a younger version of herself and of her parents…

Several minutes after that, she boarded the small shuttle and she had left the Balrampur. The shuttle turned and it headed towards the ship that Paris noticed earlier that morning. ~So that is the Hamburg, my new residence.~ Suddenly Paris felt nervous and it wasn’t because she was about to be surrounded by new people (well maybe that was part of the reason) but because it just struck her that she was now a mobile suit pilot and that meant she was going to be going into combat and soon.

It wasn’t that she was worried that she wouldn’t perform well; she had run simulations everyday on the Balrampur. However, she knew from talking to One Year War veterans that simulations were completely different from the real thing. Paris licked her lips and felt her nerves deepen as the shuttle touched down in the hanger. What would happen if she died? Paris floated out of the hanger and looked around. Being another Salamis, the Hamburg’s interior looked just like that of the Balrampur, so much so that it didn’t look like she had left her ship at all.

“You are Paris Carter, right?” A mechanic that was behind her said and he flashed her a brief smile, “Welcome aboard.”
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
King Monkey

There was a time, not long ago, when Jacob would have been worried about both injured men but assumed that they would eventually recover after much dedicated and brilliant work from the medical staff. Now, he simply assumed that they would both die and he added them to the list of comrades he's lost.

He didn't much feel like moving so it took him a few moments to look down at the picture that landed on his knee. For a time, it made no difference in the gray pall that covered everything but then a bright flame of hatred burned through, focused on that picture.

With a growl, he snatched up the picture, balling it up even as he rose to his feet. He cocked his arm back to throw the wadded up piece of paper across the hangar before he changed his mind.

Opening it back up, he glared at the picture, matching the gaze hate for hate. After smoothing it out over the rounded railing, he folded it up carefully and tucked it into the breast pocket of his shirt. His gaze went to Dr. M, then and narrowed. He had some questions for the man, but they would wait until he could get him alone.

blind_dead_mcjones

-The Balrampur-

Keaton waited in apprehension as captain abbey tended to the medical emergency, whatever it was it seemed pretty serious, doubly so considering weren't far from Gryps, after wrapping up the conversation with Sager and getting an official repeat of the news from sick bay, Abbey finally returned to his command chair and Capt. Keaton. "Karl, one of my team leaders just got injured pretty badly. I hate to drop this in your lap, but we need to do some pilot juggling pretty damn quick to avoid arriving at Gryps down a man. I need you to activate an emergency pilot and send them to the Hamburg, and notify..." he said, looking down to a file he was handed by Jungst with a list of pilots and their qualifications, "Ens. Ingleshard that he's being transferred to the Dervish, since he's trained on the Nemo Cannon. It'll be easier to get him caught up on the Rick Dias. I'll have André send over Ens. Mart - he's a One Year War vet that piloted a GM Cannon during the war so he'll take over Ingleshard's spot,".

"Let's get this done ASAP, Karl. We've all got new pilots to get re-briefed now."

Keaton stood up and took of his hat

"i'l be right on it, as fortune would have it Ens. Ingleshard is right here." Making a nuisance of himself. he added mentally as he looked over to the ensign in question, who was staring out into space, with a frown he clicked his fingers a few times to get the mans' attention, on the 4th try Wales came out of his 2nd stupor and turned to face Karl

"yes captain?" he asked
"Good news Ensign, you're being transferred to the Dervish as a replacement pilot for one of their Rick Dias'es." wales stood for a second before replying
"uh..um..yes sir, i'l pack and be on my way." the pilot said before making his way out of the bridge, karl pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head.

"we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel" he muttered to himself while looking at a small stack of files brought to him by the XO, grabbing the top one labelled 'Ens paris rose carter' lets see...hmmm..yep...she'll do he thought as he looked through the file before adressing the bridge crew.

"prep two launch'es, one for the dervish and the other for the hamburg, notify Ens. carter that she is being transferred to the hamburg and that she had been put on full pilot status, inform squad leader Uraki that Ens Ingleshard is being replaced by Ens. Mart, and make sure that both launches get the pilots to their correct destinations! last thing we need is them being sent to the wrong ship" he looked back at abbey on the screen.

"well captain, that should take care of that for now, ens. Ingleshard is on his way and i'l inform you when Ens. Mart has arrived, if need be contact me in my quarters" after waiting for abbey's reply the comm was disconnected and karl turend to the door

"the XO has the comm" he announced as he left the bridge. at the front of the assault, one pilot gets seriously injured and we're playing musical chairs with the ones that are left, i need a drink

-crew quarters-

"rggh where IS it?" wales snarled to himself as he turend his bunk and locker upside down, he almost had his rucksack completely packed save for one item, excaserbating his frustration was the fact that the launch would be departing soon, slapping his forehead he relaxed for a second before getting a brainwave and checking the showerblock,
"there you are" he breathed as he saw his pilot goggles, grabbing the goggles he quickly stuffed it into his pack before zipping it up and heading for the door, but stopped and looking at Ash's bunk, nonchalantly he peered over to the wall, grabbed his photo of the type 61 and its crew back and stuffed it into his pocket as he exited, nearly running into a replacement pilot with long black hair on his way out. one dull uneventful launch ride later he was on the dervish

when he stepped off of the launch wales was briefly in awe of the structure of the dervish'es hanger however that feeling quickly subsided when he realised something,
oh crap, i have no idea what the layout is to this ship. he also became aware of something else, and what is that burnt smell from?
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

- The Hamburg -

Irene was there when the new pilot arrived at the Hamburg. She quickly moved forward and gained her attention. "Hi, I'm Lieutenant Kawamura from Karaba Air For.., oh sorry, I mean from AEUG," she laughed at her own mischief. "You must be the new pilot who replaces Ens. Mart. Nice to meet you.”

She still young. Almost too young… Then Irene realized she must’ve looked the same to her instructors years ago before OYW.

They strolled slowly giving a chance for Paris to look around.

"Listen, since we're here I'll take you to your suit first. It’s up to you if you want to check the system now or latter. Next, you should meet the Captain and team leader,” Irene said rather happily thinking about how Capt. Loweno would react to this young lady. She ended that train of thought and pointed at one particular MS which half an hour ago was still Mart’s unit.

“There she is. Your unit, Nemo No. 3.”

“It should be comfy inside, it’s still brand new.” She keyed the numbers and opened the hatch door. “If you need anything, feel free to ask."
Soma Taozi

Paris nervously followed Lieutenant Kawamura around the hanger. The older women seemed so nice and pleasant, Paris was a bit taken a back. For a mobile suit pilot, she seemed easy going and very friendly, somehow seeing someone who dealt with life or death everyday and being in such good spirits, dismantled the nerves she had about piloting a mobile suit; also her being so open, made Paris feel better about being the new transfer on the ship.

Paris glanced at Kawamura for a brief second as she led her to a Nemo. ~She said she was from Karaba…which means she must have lived on the Earth.~ Paris thought excitedly. Anyone who had been on the blue and green planet was fascinating to her. Having never stepped foot on the planet herself, she wanted to know every detail she could about the planet. A deep ambition of hers was to one day walkout under the blue sky of Earth, feel the grass between her feet, and have a nice cool breeze sweep through her hair. A brief nagging thought of how she was dead clumsy in gravity penetrated her thoughts, but she pushed it aside. She would get over that once she got used to the gravity on the Earth... or at least, Paris hoped so.

However, all questions of Earth disappeared when Kawamura pointed out the Nemo she would be piloting and opened the hatch door to the cockpit. A smile permeated Paris' mouth and she stuck her head inside the cockpit. She urged to sit down inside the suit...to feel the power of this marvel of machinery. However, it would be a bit rude to snub the captain and squad leader by checking the systems of the suit, because it would probably lead to hours of tinkering and setting the Nemo to how she wanted it. All of which could wait. "This is amazing!" Paris finally exclaimed, pulling her head out of the cockpit and grinning widely at Kawamura, "However, I think this can wait. After all it isn't going anywhere." Paris said as she pushed down and headed for the ground of the hanger. "Do you mind taking me to the Captain, Lieutenant?"

-Me, 7/19/2020