Episode 24 - A Monster With Many Heads [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
wonton bob

Re: Episode 24 - A Monster With Many Heads [TE]

- The Kirov -

Kyle had been seated with his legs up on a table when Leandro walked in.

"Kyle... I see you're taking full advantage of our off time to get some rest."

Kyle sat up almost immediately, but relaxed when he saw it was just his C.O. "Ah, yes sir. Only so many places to go on this ship where the air isn't so...heavy. Probably the safest place to be." he answered as he slid his side arm on the table.

"Can't be too careful these days.."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Loser Villain

- The Buxoro -
- Hallway -

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tim said as Aaron walked ahead of him.

"I think you've lost your grip on reality," he kept walking forward as he spoke. "When you speak to Elijah he'll tell you the same thing."

"Well I can't help think its bad luck to fill out a will."

"Hey, all I can say is that it doesn't hurt to see to it that your accounts are settled." They rounded the corner of the hallway that lead to Elijah's office, "I already took care of mine...." he then trailed off as he saw another person about to knock on Elijah's door.

"Who the hell is that?" Tim asked over his shoulder.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
White_Glint

-The Herakles-
-Pilot Quarters-

Criss had nearly lost herself in thought when she heard a knock on the door. A newly familiar voice saying, "you alive in there?" It almost sounded sincere in some way, something she didn't expect to hear on a Titans vessel. She pushed herself up floating for a second before kicking off her bunk and to the door. She opened it and found the man who'd introduced himself rather oddly alongside the rest of the pilots. She didn't really get a good read on him, other than the fact that he had some serious gall...and a sharp sense of humor.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she began, but then noticed his rank. She straightened up, "sir." She added finally. "I apologize for being so informal, sir." She mentally slapped herself. He'd completely caught her off guard. Her eyes gave it away that she didn't mean to do that, but she'd have to see how he reacted. "I just, wanted to go back and reflect after the business in the captain's quarters, sir," she said. Still, she sensed he was more than just some standard lieutenant. Something about his eyes said so. What exactly it said...she had no clue. She just hoped he wasn't one of the ones who like chewing out recruits. She'd hate to sit through a lecture on protocol. Her, of all people.
Rosetta Stoned.
Wild Goose

-Buxoro-
-Hallway outside Elijah Robin's office-

"Who the hell is that?"

Vlad turns to his side and sees Tim and Aaron; his eyes flick over their uniforms, noting their ranks, and specialty badges, and he braces to attention.

"Master Chief Petty Officer Vladimir Macmurtree, sirs," he says, calmly and confidently, the way all old sweats do. "I'm the newest assignment to the Buxoro, reporting to the CO."
Inferno

-The Herakles-
-Pilot Quarters-

As Orsino walked to his room, he heard noises coming from Ensign Haze's room. He noticed Marco standing in her doorway. It seems chance never keeps me from my fellow pilots. Rather than outright confront Marco and rudely interrupt his conversation, he chose to simply lounge outside just within hearing distance and listen in on their conversation. I could use something to waste my thought on. I don't want to get too giddy thinking about what's next. Might as well see if I can figure out why everyone on this ship is so damn jumpy.
Last edited by Inferno on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhantomBread

-The Herakles-
: Pilot Quarters :

"It's fine, Ensign. It's one rank, and you're not a some fresh apprentice. And I'm not in charge, anyway. Weber is." he said, lounging back, fairly accustomed to the feeling of zero-g. Marco watcher her for a moment, smiling. The girl was young, and fairly green it would seem. He wondered if she'd even seen combat. Still, she seemed to have her wits about her, something more then could be said for the other new arrival.

"Lemme tell you a little secret. Respect the chain of command, but don't let it strangle you. I'm from the Air Force, back during the old war. You saluted outdoors there, but never on the flight line, and almost never indoors. Seems like a fairly good system to me; I've no intention of going outside for a walk." he said, pausing for a moment before adding a closing thought with a slightly more serious tone, "Besides, right now? From what I hear, they can't exactly afford to get rid of us if we slip up."
Attomoku

Kirov, Hallway

Lt. Te'litha

After Stukov and Pan had departed and as Wolf turned to leave after gloating about Applegate, Nick, who had been fighting to keep it in check, burst out laughing. "Stuke's right you know," he cackled insanely, "we're all cowards, Friday, You, Me. We're all fighting using proxies and cats-paws, minions and subterfuge, daggers and beam sabers in the night. Well f*ck it, I ain't nobody's stooge, and I ain't got time to dance around with you anymore. So I'll tell you this now and up-front," the laughter ceased abruptly and his voice dropped a couple of degrees and became deadly serious, "The next time we sortie, you'd better watch your ass Wolf, 'cause I'll be gunning for it." The manic laughter creeped back in, "We will settle this matter between us in the open and once and for all. How about it?"

Crew Quarters

Ltjg. Kelborn

Grace came around at the nudging of her lover, she wanted to lay there like that, basking in the aftermath of what had just transpired for as long as possible but Jason brought her back down to earth far too quickly and she held quiet as he outlined his plan. As he lay back down to stare at the ceiling she draped herself across him and held a slender finger to his lips as he said, "This can work, right?" as if to say 'of course it will work' and to have no doubts. She sighed heavily then, part in previous satisfaction, part because while it was a sound plan there were far too many thing that could go wrong and get either one of them killed but it didn't do to dwell on them. "You're right," she said as she buried her face in Jason's chest "There's too much hate out there."

Buxoro, CO's Office

Lt. Robin

Elijah hated paperwork, he'd had more of it than he'd ever cared for since his time as an EFAF pilot: Keeping manuals and procedural/operational guidelines up to date; keeping inventory of how many bullets, missiles, plates, screws, and servos they used in patching up their machines in comparison to what was in the mechanic's reports and then comparing those to storage inventory. Plus after-action, patrol, and mission reports. It all added up and was all very boring but he never tried to pass the buck to his subordinates. He was sure they would help, but he felt it wasn't their responsibility.
Still, Elijah looked for any excuse not to do it, so when he heard voices at his door he jumped at his chance to get away from double checking the flight logs. He opened the door on a man who he had never seen before with all the trappings of a pilot.
....newest assignment to the Buxoro, reporting to the CO."
'Damn,' was the first thought that crossed his mind, 'more paperwork,' keeping his face neutral while assessing the new-comer. "Well, come on in," he said after a second and stepped back from the door.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
White_Glint

-The Herakles-
-Pilot Quarters-

At hearing Marco's explanation for how things worked aboard the ship, Criss softened her expression again. "...yes, sir," she said, a little less up-tightly than the way she'd said it before. He was a veteran, that meant he had to be more knowledgeable in terms of how to survive than most on this ship. Someone worth getting to know. But, at hearing his last comment her eyes turned down.

"What do you mean? Are we seriously breaking off the chain of command and going AWOL?" It was...sort of the last thing she thought would happened when she was transfered aboard the ship. She'd been in the Titans for what seemed like all of three weeks and it was apparent that that was going to end soon. "Are we the Captain's private army at this point or something?" The thought scared her a bit, but not enough for the worry to show on her face. She had to keep her mind focused if she wanted to stay in the zone and keep her emotions to herself.
Rosetta Stoned.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps Space -

- The Kirov -
- Hallway, near Showers -

"What the hell happened to you?" Wolf asked Daren in hushed tones as they walked away from Nick. Daren frowned and admitted in his own whispers, "I was foolish, sir. I found myself in the same elevator as Te'Litha and he used an autoinjector on me...". "A what?" Ritter sizzled, "How'd he get his hands on that?". Daren shook his head and remained tightlipped. "Must have been in sick bay. He's always--" Wolf fumed. He stopped in his tracks when Nick burst into laughter and called out to him and his two fellows. Ritter's brow knit again and his hands balled into fists as he turned around slowly to stare at his damned antagonist. His gaze was still filled with pure hatred and contempt, and it would be until one of them was dead. Nick's laughing ate at him more than it had in the past, and his hands trembled at his sides. "Stuke's right you know, we're all cowards. Friday, You, Me. We're all fighting using proxies and cats-paws, minions and subterfuge, daggers and beam sabers in the night," Te'Litha crowed like a maniac.

Nick continued his unhinged laughter, "Well f*ck it, I ain't nobody's stooge, and I ain't got time to dance around with you anymore. So I'll tell you this now and up-front --". The cackling stopped suddenly and his voice grew low and threatening, "The next time we sortie, you'd better watch your ass Wolf, 'cause I'll be gunning for it,". The laughing crept back in as he finished, "We will settle this matter between us in the open and once and for all. How about it?". Ritter's right hand snapped up, his index finger stabbing down the hall at Nick's chest. "You're a dead man," Wolf shot back through clenched teeth, "A dead man!". Daren and Sven moved out of his way as he slowly backed down the hall. "You won't be gibbering like that when I get my hands on you," Ritter threatened; with a sweeping dismissive gesture he spun away from Nick, taking Nwosu and Haksson with him. As they turned the corner heading away from the direction Stukov had gone, Daren looked over his shoulder at Nick. The petty officer's glare remained, but it was more annoyance and frustration than outright hatred.

- Security Office -

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" one of the new hand-picked security marines guffawed as Mannhart finished up some half true story from the last war. "Didja hear that? The Zeke thought it was a SNAKE!" he repeated, slapping Rowsdower on the back as he choked back more laughter. "I'm not done, dumbass," the gunny rumbled, giving the sergeant the evil eye until he quieted down to muffled titters. "So he crouches down, like I said," Mannhart continued, a smile creeping back on his face, "And just about craps himself right then and there when we rose up out of the brush,". The sergeant nearly lost it again but held it down to snickers. "And we're all trying to be quiet, of course, so I pull my knife," Mannhart says, reaching to the back of his belt.

His hand grasped and found nothing instead of the handle of his combat knife. "Huh?" he muttered, stopping the story to twist around and look. He muttered a curse and said, "Must have left it in my locker," before continuing with the story.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
PhantomBread

-The Herakles-

"What? No!" Marco said with a nervous laugh, scratching the back of his head, "Sorry, apparently I wasn't clear. It's just, given this war turning bad, they're going to need all the trained pilots they can get. They can't afford to sack us for minor protocol violations, I'd expect. Not that you should cause trouble, but... well, you don't seem like the sort anyway."

He paused a moment before continuing, "But... there are some other rumors going around. If you hear anything, let me know. Captain seems jumpy, tells me something is up. I'd rather know before hand then be surprised..."
Inferno

-The Herakles-

Bored out of his skull simply listening, Orsino decided to simply inject himself in the conversation. He pushed off lightly and floated over to Ensign Haze's quarters. "I don't see why we have to be so jumpy. It feels odd, what with me being the only person not ready to faint. You just need to relax. We're a fully armed battleship with four capable experienced MS pilots. We have assets that both the Axis Zeon and the AEUG would love to get thier hands on, we'd be welcomed with open arms if we decided to defect."
Wild Goose

-The Buxoro, MS Team CO's office-

Vlad steps into Elijah's office, following the Lieutenant, and comes to attention smartly.

"Master Chief Boatswain's Mate Vladimir Macmurtree, reassigned from HQ Gates of Zedan, reporting for duty, Sir!" reports our intrepid mauve shirt.

As he does so his eyes flicker around Elijah's office. He can see the look in Elijah's eyes - an officer who dislikes paperwork but struggles with it daily. God knows he's felt the same way. And while he hates paperwork, Vlad's enough of a realist to acknowledge that he's good at it, so he might as well put his skills to good use...

Then again, once he sees my Personel Jacket, he's going to know I've spent the last 4 years in Admin. Better just get it out of the way now, and maybe earn brownie points, thinks Vlad. At least this way I can pretend I had a choice.

"My orders and transfer paperwork, Sir," he says, handing over a datachip. It's all been prepared in advance, needing only Elijah's signature and some comments . "My last posting was to an admin detail Sir; I can help you clear off some of your paperwork, if you'd like. There's no flight ops documentation existing that I can't kick."
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class-Kirov
- Hallway, near showers -

The past few outrageous situations had washed over Sven who after murdering Applegate had descended into a sort of numbness. The events had unfurled in an almost slow dreamlike state that Sven he was more witnessing as an unobserved follower rather than a player. He hadn’t reacted more out of this transitory state than out of respect for Wolf’s position and authority. What really bothered Sven most was that he recognized and knew this feeling, but that it hadn’t affected him since the one year war. He dimly remembered going through nearly a week of this state after first being deployed to Western Europe as part of a tank battalion and witnessing his first few kills, and more than his share of death. Still, that had been seven long years ago and he had honed his skill and even deadened part of his emotions. It bothered and worried Sven that killing a man face-to-face and not even honorably could have such a deadening effect.

Gliding down the hallway Sven subliminally stopped as Wolf and Daren engaged in the verbal confrontation with Te’litha. Ignoring the altercation Sven instead drew more inwards. Something he had just heard made him frown but he couldn’t quite put his thumb on it. Moving again to let Wolf past he followed Wolf and Daren down the hallway. Without noticing he began to lag behind the other two men as he sought to remember even what was bothering him. All Sven could think of was the altercation in the cafeteria with Heyden and Te’Litha and again of the discussion in the hallway with Stukov, Te’litha, and Heyden. Shaking his head to try and clear the dizziness Sven didn’t even notice he was muttering to himself. “Heyden… I feel like it… no… it must be Heyden.” Looking up and seeing he had fallen slightly behind Sven elongated his stride in order to catch up. Still muttering he walked up behind his two fellow pilots. “Heyden’s voice… I can swear… I have heard him before somewhere. Contained in himself Sven continued to walk on, he knew he wasn’t crazy, he could swear he had heard Heyden’s voice before meeting him.
PhantomBread

-The Herakles-

Marco pushed off and slammed Orsino back into the wall, eyes narrowing, "Defection is not something we talk about like that, Ensign. That's traitor talk, and it isn't appreciated."
Inferno

-The Herakles-

Orsino only smiled to Marco's violent response. He showed his twisted rictus, his white teeth looking as if they were that of a predatory beast covered in blood. "I'm not advocating it. I'm saying it's possible. Besides, let's be realistic here. With an attitude like that, do you think the captain isn't up to something? Please. We go where he does. And besides, between Big Bad Basque and Pretty-Boy Sirocco, who's right and who's the traitor?"

His grin got even wider, and he reached up to pull ofg his glasses, tucking them in his suit. He addressed Marco in a casual, friendly, entirely unmenacing tone. "Oh, and while I wouldn't want to risk my ability to fly over something like a fistfight, if you touch me again, I will beat you into a pulp. I spent more of the One Year War sleeping in the brig than I did in my own quarters. I have quite the fighting record. Now as I was saying, perhaps we should realistically consider our options, as the most valuable assets on this ship." He kept his smile.
PhantomBread

-The Herakles-

Marco drug the ensign back slightly and then slammed him back into the bulkhead again, making no attempt to hide the contempt in his eyes. Where did they dig up these guys? Psyke evals needed some serious work if this was the sort of rabble they were letting in now. His fingers curled into the man's uniform before releasing suddenly, the junior lieutenant pushing roughly off Orsino's chest.

"You listen to me, you listen to me good, you little s***. You want to act macho and bad, well you picked the wrong f****** time and place to do it, and if you even think about threatening a superior officer again, I will personally escort you out an airlock. Then, when I do, maybe you'll remember some respect and salute while you float on by. Now you will check yourself, Ensign, do I make myself clear?" he said, eyes locking with the uppity ensign the whole time.

"And one last thing. I may not be your CO but I am your f****** superior, and if you're not done with juvenile displays and treasonous thoughts, perhaps you can go down and do a full eval on your unit, twice. If I go down there and so much as find one f****** part, ONE F****** PART out of place, I will personally SKULL F*** YOU! Now get out of my sight."
Inferno

-The Herakles-

"With pleasure, sir. " Orsino's smile suddenly faded from the one he used to intimidate and frighten to something far more rare: a smile of genuine happiness. "I'm glad you know how to keep people in line, sir. It's always great to see someone else who knows the importance of strength and power. I can and will salute you with authentic pride. Thank you for giving me an officer to look up to. If you need me, I will be at the MS deck, sir."

His compliment was genuine. Too often he had only been verbally threatened by officers. But to legitimately have his life threatened, especially by a man who just said they needed every pilot they could get, that was a show of authority Orsino could follow. There was sincere blood-lust. It was not the pure war-for-war's-sake kind that Orsino loved, but a respectably homicidal instinct nonetheless. If Orsino had doubted his threat even in the slightest, he would have immediately lunged for Marco.

He put on his glasses and his face once again returned to its blank and stoic look. Letting nothing stop him, he quickly made his way to the MS deck, walking briskly and with purpose.

-The Herakles-
: MS Deck :

When he saw his Hizack in the deck. Orsino's rictus grin came back across his face. "Maintenance, have some tools ready for me, I've got some work to do." Oh Marco, am I gonna give you a well-oiled death machine...
PhantomBread

-The Herakles-

Lieutenant Manco watched the young pilot leave, anger never leaving his eyes. The boy sure knew how to give the most unintentionally backhanded compliments ever, it would seem, and the Marco made a note that the kid was trouble, and he'd need to be watched; closely.

He let out a sigh once the ensign was gone, turning back to Criss and shaking his head, "I love my job, I really do. But I've seen more and more of those types these days. Force is what they understand, sadly."

He paused a moment, looking out a porthole. "Things were simple before; you knew who to fight, your wingman was your partner, someone you could trust your life to; the whole Federation was. You could fly into battle, feel that thrill, and know they had your back. I worry we're losing that sometimes, Ensign."

"Don't be part of the problem yourself, Ensign." he said softly, turning back to her, "Be part of the solution."
White_Glint

-The Herakles-
-Pilot Quarters-

Criss watched the entire exchange with incredibly weary eyes. We're going to kill each other before we even get out of the hangar, she thought. She supposed she could have seen his reaction coming. Gerwulf seemed like the kind of guy who got aroused at the sight of shipwrecks...

As Marco turned back to her, Criss then jumped back into her previous state of mind. As he noted how much more blurry the lines seperating friend and foe were becoming, Criss could only find herself agreeing. But then...what would that mean for her?

As he closed his statement, Criss replied with an equally soft, "yes, sir." She felt like friendship was a very expensive luxury on the Herakles.
Rosetta Stoned.