Episode 24 - Between a Rock and a Hard Place [Axis]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: Episode 24 - Between a Rock and a Hard Place [Axis]

- Near Gryps 2 -

- The Bindra -
- Pilot Ready Room -

"But captain..." Gwen protested as Wald turned around into Nikolai. "Sir? I didn't want to interrupt you," Tuzenbach explained. Embarrassed, Pizal brushed off his sleeves and made sure his helmet was still on straight. "Well I certainly wouldn't want to be dragged away from such a vital conversation," he muttered, glancing back at Gwen. "Do you need anything, Tuzenbach? Since you're here your patrol must have made it back in one piece. I'll have to see if Nachtjaeger learned his lesson and made a proper landing this time," the captain admonished. He turned to Gwen and said, "Brouillé, once your Gaza is repaired I expect you to be back up to speed as soon as possible. We need everyone for the defense,". It probably sounded like a compliment to Gwen's ears.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ziryab

-bridge-

Raquel's lip quirked to one side at Vada's relay. She never known pilots to be very apologetic... unless you were chewing them out over visuals or in person. To which she gave Pizal points for being willing to do. It was one of the ways a captain maintained control of their pilots, she believed.

"Good enough," she waved her hand as if brushing off whatever backhanded apology or actual retort Nachtjaegar actually replied with. Speaking of backhanded, Raquel mentally told herself as she turned to the still prattling Julian and the rest of the consciousness wavering bridge crew...

"Ahem!" Clearing her throat to interrupt him. "As much as we're all enjoy a free preview of your future tell all memoir--which I hope you give us free copies of, right," faking a chuckle with her jest, though she saw at least someone from the corner of her eye recoil in horror at that. "I'm told one of the best tools of a great storyteller is to lead the audience fiercely yearning for more, but you're also starting to sound really parched. Maybe you should take a moment for yourself to get something to drink while leaving us clambering for the second act?"
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Pilot Ready Room

"Well I certainly wouldn't want to be dragged away from such a vital conversation, Do you need anything, Tuzenbach? Since you're here your patrol must have made it back in one piece. I'll have to see if Nachtjaeger learned his lesson and made a proper landing this time."

"Ah, yes sir! Nothing to report from our patrol." He said with another salute, "And yes Nachtjaeger landed safely too sir." He didn't mention he had landed safely so it didn't call attention to his ill landing after the first battle.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Fritz Ashlyn

- Near Gryps 2 -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"Good enough," Raquel responded to Vada's cleaned up response. "Yes ma'am," Vada nodded with a smile as he went back to work. She also came to the rescue of everyone else trapped on the bridge by finally speaking up and interrupting Julian. "Ahem! As much as we're all enjoy a free preview of your future tell all memoir--which I hope you give us free copies of, right... I'm told one of the best tools of a great storyteller is to lead the audience fiercely yearning for more, but you're also starting to sound really parched. Maybe you should take a moment for yourself to get something to drink while leaving us clambering for the second act?" she urged. Every eye in the room slowly turned to Julian, willing him with every part of their beings to take her suggestion. He stopped mid-sentence and seemed to consider her words. "I could use a drink," he said, shrugging, "If we get any new orders from Haman-sama page me,". "Yes sir, of course," Vada nodded very seriously. As Meighan strode off the bridge the whole crew seemed to be straining their collective will to not break into cheers.

As soon as the door slid shut behind him one of the technicians, a girl that looked like she was still in her teens, turned around and looked like she was about to burst into tears. "Thank you so much, Chief Reyes! I couldn't take any more of that!" she said, practically bowing to Raquel. "That made me miss the captain..." one of the other men said, eliciting some relieved laughter from the rest of the crew.

- Pilot Ready Room -

"Ah, yes sir! Nothing to report from our patrol," Nikolai saluted, "And yes Nachtjaeger landed safely too sir,". Wald looked him over again like he was forgetting something and then nodded, "Fine. Good. I need some of you to take up the slack,". He eyed Gwen again before sighing, "I'm going back to the bridge. This is why I hate coming down here...".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

Shellia wiped her brow with her arm as she struggled to tighten some gears on the damaged Gaza. Using her full might she pulled on the wrench with both arms causing something to snap and break off. She was almost sling-shotted across the hanger if not for grabbing some wires from the Gaza, yanking a few out of place. After stabilizing herself and breathing a sigh of relief she noticed the broken piece floating up. In a flash she reached up hooking her size 5's with the wires so to not float away and quickly places the broken piece in her pocket before anyone notices.
Trying to catch her breath she looks around and nervously smiles to everyone before she turns around hunching her shoulders to hide her embarrassment.

"Well, that part is all fixed..heh heh " she announces her accomplishment while securing a panel on the Gaza.

OH MY God. We need replacement parts for the replacement parts. The stuff they sent us is way old--old as the Capt'n ..that's almost 70 years! she quietly thinks.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Wedge14

Graden frowned silently as he watched the antics of the repair crew. They were actually very skilled just young. The were happy to work for the rebirth of Zeon, but did they truly understand the seriousness of the situation?

Graden turned around and attempted to catch up with Wald at the bridge he wanted to have a word with the captain without the addition of the prying ears of the other pilots.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Pilot Ready Room -

"Fine. Good. I need some of you to take up the slack, I'm going back to the bridge. This is why I hate coming down here...".

Nikolai followed Wald with his eyes as he left the ready room and after the door closed he turned to Gwen.

"What did you do to make him so cranky?"

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
wonton bob

- The Bindra -
- Pilot Ready Room -

Matthew with his cup refilled cut in between the two on his way out giving 2 love taps on Gwen's head, "Not keeping your suit in one piece is ONE. Sitting around on your butt is TWO." Wiping his hand on his uniform after looking at Gwen he prays he dosen't catch whatever is ailing her. "I'd be more worried if you didn't have a suit when the battle starts..who knows you might be placed manning a gun," he laughs as he leaves the room.
Last edited by wonton bob on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Near Gryps 2 -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Pizal strode back onto the bridge as best he could, delighted to see Julian Meighan had left during his disappointing trip into the bowels of the ship. That meant it wasn't a complete waste. "Excellent work, Chief," he nodded to Raquel, both for handling the bridge and apparently evicting Meighan in his absence. Seeing that Kenneth Graden had arrived and followed him onto the bridge, Wald stopped near his chair and turned back to his CO. "Yes, what is it?" he asked, hoping he wasn't about to be told of another screwup. Vada cleared his throat to get the captain's attention, and then passed along the message, "Sir, just before you returned Capt. Bacon sent you a message to inform you M'Quve is on his way to the Gwanban. He's been summoned to some kind of meeting with Haman-sama,". "I see," Pizal humphed, flipping his drifting cape out of his way. Bacon's attitude was going to be a problem.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Wedge14

[Kenneth Graden]

Graden almost hated being on the bridge as much as Wald hated being near the hangar. He stood awkwardly as the bridge crew went along with their work, almost afraid to accidently hit a button or distract them from their job.

"Captain, i've been going over the reports from our test flights and our few engagements. I've evaluated each of our pilots, and I would like to ask that PO Brouille be removed from the flight for the next sortie." Graden clenched his fist softly as he glanced at the monitor before continuing. "I think with her lack of experience, and given the dire situation we are in, it would be best if we used her machine as spare parts. In the meantime why don't we have Meighan become an active pilot."

[Gwendoline Brouille]

Gwen rubbed her head in mock pain. She was starting to get used to being picked on. Sure the guys were mean now, but when her suit was wrecked she remembered how relieved they looked to see that she was alright.

"Owwww....I think Capt. Wald is sooo amazing! Do you think he's really that mad at me? I didn't do anything to make the Gaza break, it just crumbled, you guys saw it happen right?"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Pilot Ready Room -

Nikolai watched as Matthew whacked Gwen on the head.

"Owwww....I think Capt. Wald is sooo amazing! Do you think he's really that mad at me? I didn't do anything to make the Gaza break, it just crumbled, you guys saw it happen right?"

"Crumbled?" he questioned thinking back to the day. "Well, I know we've been told to take it easy on the transformations, but crumbled?"

He scratched his chin and then sat down next to Gwen.

"Gwen, are you serious?"

wonton bob

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

After working on the Gaza for another hour Shellia decides to call it quits. Pushing away a blowtorch she removes her heavy gloves and signals the two other mechanics also working on the damaged Gaza. Relieved they head over to the locker room while an exhausted Shellia grabs a floating clipboard and kicks over to a comm station. It would be pointless to continue working on the heap. They've done all they can on their end but major repairs could only be completed off-ship will proper parts.
Scribbling on the clipboard she contacts the bridge officer. Once connected visually she quickly salutes and fumbles to raise up her wielding goggles.

"Heey. ooff. Status update on the damaged Gaza, sir. Well, it's not in tip-top shape, I'll need another month for that but it's ready to go. Now, it's...well it's limited to the amount of transformations it can make," Shamed-faced, Shellia clasps her hands behind her back and looks away as she continues her report. "annnd to get life support working we had to umm..reroute a few key systems knocking sensors and targeting off-line.." she mumbles trying to block out the rest of her update.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Near Gryps 2 -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"Captain, I've been going over the reports from our test flights and our few engagements. I've evaluated each of our pilots, and I would like to ask that PO Brouillé be removed from the flight for the next sortie... I think with her lack of experience, and given the dire situation we are in, it would be best if we used her machine as spare parts. In the meantime why don't we have Meighan become an active pilot," Graden explained his reasoning and waited for the captain's reply. Wald shut his eyes and sighed heavily at the mention of Gwen and Julian in the same breath. Admirably keeping his composure as befitting an officer, he nodded and agreed, "Sound logic, lieutenant commander. Brouillé can sit out until you and I are both convinced her training is adequate and we're guaranteed another working mobile suit. I'll have Ltjg. Meighan," (he shuddered speaking the man's name in a positive light) "notified that he's to sortie with your team during the defense of Gryps 2,".

Wald crossed his arms and considered the situation for a second more, then added with a slight smirk, "Don't hesitate to remind him he's to follow your orders while acting as a member of the mobile suit team. For that matter, Nachtjaeger is still your second,". He'd have to remember to be around at the right time to watch Julian squirm when he found out he'd be taking orders from a lower ranking pilot. "Sir, there's, uh--" Vada tentatively interrupted, turning from his console to get the captain's attention, but Shellia had already appeared on the overhead monitor and wasn't waiting for Wald to step forward.

"Heey. ooff. Status update on the damaged Gaza, sir. Well, it's not in tip-top shape, I'll need another month for that but it's ready to go. Now, it's... well it's limited to the amount of transformations it can make," she reported, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. She clasped her hands behind her back and cut her eyes away from Pizal as she kept talking. "Annnd to get life support working we had to umm... reroute a few key systems knocking sensors and targeting off-line..." she mumbled, lowering her voice as she went. Pizal pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to handle this news combined with what he had just discussed with Graden. Rubbing his temples, he took a deep breath and responded, "Yes, Miss Northran... You realize we don't have a month to wait for full repairs, don't you?". He re-crossed his arms and shook his head, "You can go ahead and stop damaging the mobile suit further - per LtCmdr. Graden's suggestion, I've decided to reserve Miss Brouillé 's Gaza as a source of spare parts,".

Capt. Wald slid his hands down to rest on his hips and concluded, "Miss Northran... Considering the condition in which this machine was recovered, I'm willing to give you a pass for these lackluster repairs. But I'll be expecting you to dazzle me with your mechanical prowess when you're given a functioning mobile suit to service - we'll be needing field repairs soon and I can't afford a mediocre hangar crew,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

wonton bob

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

"Miss Northran...we'll be needing field repairs soon and I can't afford a mediocre hangar crew,".

Shellia's jaw dropped as her eyes widen in shock at hearing Wald's dissatisfaction with her performance. An ill feeling shot right through her core, it had been years since anyone had been displeased with her work.

mom was right..*sigh*...I should have gone over to the private sector..

The gears in her mind started to turn and a fire lit in her eyes that filled her with a confidence that she had been lacking. With a new found determination she immediately stands at attention mustering up the most perfect salute her little limb could. "Aye!, aye! Captn'. You won't be disappointed Captn'," she barked holding her fist so tight that it shook her petite frame.

Turning to the side she caught sight of the crew in the hanger chatting and playing cards which upset her to the point that she uncharacteristically gathered their attention by letting out an ear-ringing whistle. "Okay! Let's disassemble this sucker. I want that fusion reactor off-line. Pronto!" she commands while getting lost in thought. Grabing her chin she can see all the possibilities in this line of work completely forgetting that she's still linked to the bridge.

"...now I can make a 4-armed gaza-c.."
Ziryab

-bridge-

From her seat at the helm, Raquel faked a sneeze to hide her amused snort at the proposition of turning Meighan into a pilot before going back to her own business. Surely that would bring some pleasure to the captain after what looked on his face to have been a disappointing excursion to the bowels of the ship.

-ready room-

"Pieces of space trash," Pris eased into the room. "I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing came apart and just left you in a seat to float in," less coming to Gwen's defense and more showing her disdain for the machine. Hopefully their return into the Earth Sphere would change what she felt was the shoddy production of their mainline mobile suits. Her current Gaza-C was making her nostalgic for a Rick Dom or plot how to somehow get her hands on its descendant--what did they call it, a Ricky Day?
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003