Episode 23 - Götterdämmerung [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: Episode 23 - Götterdämmerung [TE]

~January 25~
~08:08 CUT~

- Gryps Space, Near the Gwadan -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

With surprisingly few questions from the main Titans fleet, per Black Friday's orders Taskforce Echo had packed up and relocated from their original position late on the 24th to a spot much closer to Gryps 2. From his command chair Trent could see the large red Gwadan silhouetted in front of the bulky Axis asteroid, and a magnified version with overlaid tactical data was displayed on the huge main monitor overhead. Another smaller monitor showed a view of the activity in the hangar where all of the ship's MS teams were on low-level alert standby. The briefing he had given his pilots very early that morning had informed them of the meeting Scirocco had planned in a general sense, but had spun it as official business on Bask's behalf.

Luckily for him a couple of hours ago Jamitov had learned of the meeting and had asked Paptimus to attend, lending unexpected credence to the cover story. That made Trent nervous, but he understood Jamitov couldn't let Paptimus talk to Haman on his own - the problem was it had delayed the start of the meeting and they hadn't been given a new timetable. That wasn't all, though... Trent had to keep reminding himself that eventually Jamitov would have to be the enemy, and it had to make things difficult for Paptimus' plans aboard the Gwadan. "Sir," Mortimer said, calling for his attention. The stoic helmsman was working with spotting teams, and he lowered the binoculars from his face as he turned to speak with Trent.

"Another craft has approached the Gwadan, but we couldn't identify it before it landed," he said, and above him a blurry image of the G-Defenser appeared on a display, "It didn't appear to be an Axis model,". There was a lot of movement around Haman's ship, including a small swarm of Gaza-Cs and one of Scirocco's bizarre MS designs. "Another one..." one of the other operators spoke up, pointing at a bright thruster flare out ahead of their flagship. "Bring it up. I want to know what's going on," Trent instructed, and the monitor with the blurred picture changed to a moving camera that tracked the new contact.

"Hn..." Mortimer muttered, trying to figure out what it was as the image sharpened. "Zeta Gundam...!" Trent exclaimed quietly, rising up in his seat. "What is the AEUG doing there?!" Gojiro asked, spinning to look at the captain. Andrewson's jaw set as he felt his stomach start to knot up - if the Zeta was there no good would come of it. He could feel most of the bridge crew's eyes settle on him as they waited for orders. "Put us on yellow alert. No change in plans yet, the Pallas Athene hasn't reacted to it...".

- Hangar -

Wolf Ritter looked up and raised the visor of his helmet as the change in standby status was announced on the PA system. He stood on the catwalk in front of his Barzam, speaking to Daren as they waited for Sven and Kate to come back from the 10 minute break they had been given. "Now what..." he grunted, folding his arms and leaning against the railing behind him. "...ess the Pallas Athene acts first or we receive new orders," the announcement ended. Daren checked the seal at his normal suit's neck for the tenth time since they had gone on standby and said, "They seem jittery, but I can understand it with Paptimus and Jamitov going to meet with that Haman Karn woman,".

"And on her ship. What the hell are we doing?" Wolf groused. He grew tired of complaining about the Titans leadership, particularly since they had proven they would be of no help to him. He thought about it for a moment and then added, "And why do we care what that Scirocco mobile suit does?". On a nearby catwalk where he could overhear Wolf, Stukov rumbled in reluctant agreement, "Is good question. If something starts it will be obvious. Ugly green suit will just be the first to react,". Dolk, who still hadn't put on his helmet, shrugged, "God is on top of it... That's all,". The Russian turned to his subordinate in an irritated way that was becoming too familiar to him and asked gruffly, "What does that even mean? This Pallas Athene was not sent by God, I assure you. God has had nothing to do with the Titans,".

- The Herakles -
- Bridge -

Capt. Berg drummed his fingers on the arm of his command chair absentmindedly as he thought about their situation. The noticeable delay in the Zedan reports... The sudden new orders that didn't seem to come from the Dogosse Gier that were obeyed with exact timing... What was the connection? They were moved to cover for a meeting between Paptimus Scirocco and Haman Karn, but it appeared Jamitov actually was going to be there. It would have raised all sorts of red flags if that wasn't the case. But still... did it have to do with Scirocco? Or maybe even Axis. Berg sighed and made himself stop tapping. He had to concentrate - if Jamitov was to go aboard the Axis flagship it meant the future of the Titans would be effected.

- The Jupitris -
- Bridge -

"Why is the Zeta Gundam there?" Black asked, leaning in to get a better look at the footage of Kamille making a risky landing on the Gwadan that had been sent back by the Pallas Athene. "We don't know," Haifan answered, changing the image to that of the G-Defenser, "But it appears the AEUG have been allowed to board the Gwadan, possibly as observers,". Friday straightened up and frowned; things could rapidly turn for the worse with the Zeta involved. "There's no need for a reaction yet. If the AEUG want to butt in they can try. Tell Ens. Londe to proceed as normal,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

[Hangar]

Heyden sauntered up beside Stukov, he glanced down at Wolf Ritter and his chronie, and then to Stukov and Dolk. Pan gripped the catwalk railings tightly as he firmly planted his feet on the ground.

"I agree with the momma's boy down there. I've learned a few things in my time, but an enemy is always an enemy. We can't trust those Zekes."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class-Kirov
- Corridor outside Beta Teams Ready-Room –

Sven leaned against the wall outside Beta-Teams ready room as he munched on a snack bar he had nabbed from the cafeteria. He was waiting for Ens. Elliot to finish whatever she was doing and meet back up at the ready room. Chewing softly, he switched his snack from one hand to the other while juggling his helmet which was tucked under his free arm, in order to check his watch. We only have three minutes left, where could she have gone to? Sven had been relieved that he was given a break but that had only turned to trepidation when he had to take it with the replacement pilot. He had no proof but he was certain that Ens. Elliot was a mole sent by Black to infiltrate and eliminate Beta Team.

Gazing up and down the corridor Sven half listened into the PA announcement as he waited for Kate. With the mention of Scirroco’s name Sven’s perpetual frown deepened. Jamitov and Om’s handling of the war could certainly be questioned, but the last thing those two would ever do was give up their power base. Just why Scirroco would be involved in any peace mission with Jamitov did not sit well with Sven, especially given the circumstances regarding his connection to Black.
The Green Flame

- The Herakles -
-Hangar-

Like all of the other mobile suit teams in Taskforce Echo, the team stationed on the Herakles was also on standby for the meeting with Jamitov and Haman. There weren't many details given but from what Alex could gather it was pretty big, possibly affecting the future of the Titans. Whatever that may be.

Sitting inside of his Hizack's cockpit Alex made a final status check to make sure everything was running smoothly. He wanted to be ready for the worst case scenario, especially with the AEUG in the area. Whenever they were around, nothing good ever happened.
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

"No information, sir. We've confirmed the presence of the G-Defenser and Zeta Gundam aboard the Gwadan, but no other AEUG-related activity yet," Gojiro shook his head, shrugging at the lack of information. After seeing the enemy's most dangerous machine flit through the Gazas hanging about and land on Axis' flagship, Trent was on edge. Putting the fleet on yellow alert wasn't enough to make him confident they were safe, not after what he had seen that pilot do. Taskforce Juliet had done everything in its power to resist Zeta, and it was torn to shreds. Argama. He felt superstitious enough in a way that he didn't want to say her name aloud.

The funny thing (or sad, or frightening - he wasn't really sure) was that the Argama almost scared him less than Friday. He hadn't really had to deal with the AEUG's best of the best head on - he had, however, had to stare back at Black Friday's piercing gaze. "Make sure everyone is at yellow. I don't like any of this," he muttered, relaying orders to Mortimer. "Aye, sir," Kellman answered, turning to pass along the word. "We're in a hell of a spot, captain...," Mortimer commented quietly, looking back at Trent, "If the AEUG or Axis decide to start something we're first in line,".

Andrewson frowned and pulled his hat lower by the brim. "There's nobody else in the fleet that can field as much power as us at the moment. Until they get organized we're the best option they've got to stick out at the end of the line," he responded, sounding more grim than he intended. His eyes cut over to the digital time display to avoid a pregnant pause. 0813. "Maybe we're just here to be a speed bump... Who knows what the hell Scirocco is up to?"

- Hangar -

Instead of getting his first straight answer from Dolk, Stukov gave a sharp nod of greeting to his other subordinate as he arrived. "I agree with the momma's boy down there. I've learned a few things in my time, but an enemy is always an enemy. We can't trust those Zekes," Pan said firmly. "Eh," Stukov grunted, the corners of his mouth turning down slightly, "Politics makes strange bedfellows. Bask and Jamitov must think we can use this Haman woman long enough to turn the tables on the AEUG,". He scratched his chin through the open front of his helmet.

"Hn. It does not mean I agree. But I am not in a position to do anything now but fight who I am told to. The times are bad, eh?" he said, looking to Dolk for a reaction. The lieutenant had closed up his helmet, and the music pumping in his ears was practically loud enough to be heard through the seals. He blew out a breath in disgust and turned to Pan. "Heyden, if we are sent out I want to get as close as possible to the enemy as fast as possible. Our new machines should allow us to buy time for our allies. If Lt. Dolk will not listen or does not hear, we shall shove him in the right direction,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Loser Villain

- The Buxoro -

- Hangar -

“Standby, I hate standby!” Tim yelled in frustration as he and Aaron stood in the hangar across from their Hi-Zacks.

“What is that you hate about standby?” Aaron inquired, “Is it the boredom caused by the endless waiting? Or is it that the waiting builds up your fear of what may happen?”

Turing to face his XO, Tim raised an eyebrow at the question. “Of course its the boredom, I'd rather fly patrols around the fleet. At least we're doing something other then standing here waiting to see what happens.”

“Ah,” was all Aaron responded with at the moment. He then raised the straw of his beverage tube to his lips and took a sip. “I hate the waiting because it gives me too much time to think. Like you, I'd rather fly a patrol. At least then you have to focus on your flying and your surroundings. Here though, all we do is wait in our normal suits, watching techs float around and listen for the intercom.”

“Yeah,” Tim said with a nod, “like I said, I hate standby.”
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Wedge14

[Hangar]

Heyden who was leaning beside Stukov shrugged, with an arrogant grin on his lips. "Hey I'll do what I can, just keep that guy out of my way." He glanced back at his Griffin, before turning back to Wolf and his posse.

"You Queers hear that? Why don't you go back to your bunks, we'll have this crap sorted out in no time."

Leandro looked up from his Barzam and glanced at where all the noise was coming from. The new LT. JG. was yelling again, and no surprise he was trying to pick a fight with Ritter. Leandro squeezed out a smile before going back at his machine, It probably be a long time before he could smile again.

Attomoku

Kirov, Hanger

Lt. Te'litha

Nick's was on a catwalk in normal suit sans helmet in his teams section next to his new, and terribly ugly, Barzam. It had since been given his usual tiger stripe color scheme and a few other personal touches by Nick, but at the moment he was trying to listen in on the conversation across the way. It is much more difficult to do then one would think at the moment for Nick. His snake was whispering incessantly that there was a fleet of Zeons within spitting distance just waiting to be slaughtered by the black tiger, his pink haired angel was whispering in argument that it wasn't right and he was deluding himself but the angel wasn't making much headway against the snake.Neicks new black haired phantasm seemed to stand silent and watched all of them. Still, Nick could make out the jist of the other conversation despite the argument happening around him in his head. It appeared that Wolf and perhaps Stukov were at least aware that something wasn't exactly kosher with the entire situation and while Nick himself wasn't entirely sure what was going on either, at least he thought he had a better idea of the players and their objectives than they did currently. He sighed outwardly at the inward mental conversation but smiled and muttered "Give'em hell Alice" when Pan openly insulted Ritter.

Hanger

Ltjg. Kelborn

Grace was going through the external preflight checklist for her trusty Marasai, she knew it by heart by now after all the drilling she did to live up to Stukov's expectations but the fact she wouldn't have to learn a new manual did little to quell her disappointment that she wasn't getting a new machine like Leandro, as ugly as they were. 'Oh well' she thought. Pan's insult brought a smile to her lips as well as she floated over to Leandro, "All set Lieutenant, ready to launch at any time." She surveyed the scene between Alpha and Beta teams and shot her comrade an impish look, "Whadaya think? My money'd be on the new guy. You?"

Buxoro, Hanger

Lt. Robin & Ens. August

"Hey Boss? Is it better to start with the corners or with one side?" Tyler asked fiddling with a Rubik's cube in front of his machine.
"No idea, ask Tim."
"Oh, okay" Tyler responded, absently twisting away at the puzzle
Elijah pushed off across the hanger and landed next to Aaron, "Is everything okay over here? I know that waiting around like this can be stressful and that not everon-"
"HEY TIM? DO YOU KNOW IF ITS BETTER TO START FROM THE CORNERS OR FROM ONE SIDE?" Tyler interrupted by yelling across hanger at Tim.
".. not everyone has the same way of dealing with it," Elijah finished with a sigh.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hanger -

Jason leans on the railing overlooking the pilots and crews going over their last minute checks. Last night's meeting with Delta team didn't reveal much that he didn't already know but he did pick up one or two tips. Surprisingly he was allowed to stay and observe for which he felt honored but also ashamed that his own team never held a meeting of their own. Lt. Te’Litha just assumed everyone already knew what to do as he would go off on his own and leave his team to their own devices.

"sorry Miller.."

maybe if we were taught a few things or had some guidance then he'd still be alive

Grimacing as both hands gripped the rail with all his might. Jason decides to have no further regrets in life. In a flash he hustles over to a section of the hanger.

- The Kirov -
- Hanger Delta Section -

Kyle floats by with helmet under arm. The Barzam was a welcome sight from all the past drama. He accepted that Cara and Tariq's fate had been sealed. All of his focus will go back to his original purpose, fighting the rebellious spacenoids. It didn't take much to catch up on the upgrades to the Barzam since it all he read about during his time hiding out.

Interrupting the chatter between Grace and Leandro, Kyle in a serious tone blurted out his request to better the squad, " I suggest everyone in a Marasai to set up your sensors so I can link up and send you info from time to time since yours is limited in range."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

Several tense minutes passed with no change after the Zeta Gundam managed to slip aboard the Axis flagship. Trent spent the time with his eyes darting between the digital clock display above his head and the bridge windows, clutching the neck of his overcoat closed as if a deep chill had taken hold of his body. With Scirocco involved he expected something to happen, but he had no idea what or when. Something told him he wouldn't have to wait long to find out, and his attention was drawn back to the Gwadan's underside hangar area.

Chief Kellman continued to do his duty as helmsman and junior bridge officer, but the way the captain looked was beginning to become distracting. Since just before the Gate of Zedan dark circles under Capt. Trent's eyes had grown and combined with a sickly skin pallor to give him the look of a seriously ill man. Andrewson didn't seem to realize his own worsening condition, either. The captain held his coat close to his chest, just barely hunched forward enough to be noticeable in zero-g, and he looked to be covered in a cold sweat. Yet he continued to stay in command. Despite a case of awful chronic fatigue, Trent's speech and mental faculties had yet to show signs of anything dangerous.

"Hn?" the captain muttered, his burned out gaze scanning over to a different part of the ship suddenly. Kellman looked up from his console at the wordless noise and asked, "Sir?". Trent's eyes narrowed and he waited a split second before turning with urgency to Gojiro. "Bring us to full alert and tell the MS teams to stand by for launch," he ordered, his voice hoarse but decisive. "W-what, sir?" Gojiro lifted his headphones from one ear, spinning in his seat to face the captain. Around the Gwadan the patrolling Gaza-Cs all slowly began to abruptly change course and turn inwards to face the ship, indicating something might indeed be wrong.

"Going to full alert, sir," Kellman responded in the affirmative, nodding to Gojiro to carry it out. The alarm was going out and the bridge lights changed just as a rapid pair of yellow bolts of energy lanced out of the Gwadan's closed hangar. "What the hell?!" Fyodor blurted, nearly rising from his seat in surprise. Trent looked to the magnified view monitor in time to see Paptimus's bulky The O and its escort drop out of a ragged hole along with debris and escaping air. "What are those bastards doing?" Mortimer grunted half under his breath. "That wasn't Axis..." Trent rasped, shaking his head as Scirocco began his escape, "Prepare for combat...".

The Gwadan and its closest escorts opened fire on the fleeing Titans mobile suits, lighting up the backdrop of Axis with angry red mega particle beams. "Captain, we'll have to move closer to be in proper range for our weapons if you wish to retu--" Sergei spoke up, but he was cut off by a transmission that came through to the bridge on a Titans fleetwide channel.

"Attention. This is an open message to the Titans fleet! Our leader, His Excellency Jamitov Hymem has been assassinated by Haman Karn of Axis! With his last words, these orders were given: 'Wipe the Gwadan from the skies!'."

"Hold position and begin defensive fire! Prepare to move us away from the Gwadan once Scirocco is clear!" Trent yelled, the grip on his coat turning white-knuckle. His view of space was filled with erratic fire from the Axis ships and the closest Titans units. A chorus of shock and surprise bubbled up from the bridge operators as they slowly realized what Paptimus had just said. "Jamitov is... dead? Assassinated?!" Mortimer stammered. "I knew it! Those bastards!" Sergei growled. "Wait a minute - what's the chain of command? Shouldn't Bask be in charge of the fleet now?" Gojiro interjected. "Paptimus Scirocco is in command here now," Trent answered curtly. It was said with the finality of authority, but Andrewson didn't sound thrilled.

- Hangar -

..cleared to launch. All teams are cleared to engage enemies that come within the Kirov's outer weapons range - our first priority is Paptimus Scirocco's escape from the combat zone. Stay on the defensive until you are cleared for open engagement.

"We'll see," Wolf snarled at Pan's crude taunt, turning away from Alpha to head for his own MS. As he and Daren glided down the catwalk Wolf growled, "That JG is a dead man,". "Ura!" Stukov yelled at the announcement, swatting Pan on the shoulder with one of his large hands. He vaulted the railing and pushed off for his own Griffin. "Remember, Heyden, we're going out front! The enemy will have to get through us first!" he called out over his shoulder. "I've got bullets - bullets to spare!" Dolk yelled, sounding as happy as Stukov to spring into action. His Griffin began to move before all the mechanics had cleared the area, and he headed straight for the launch area.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hanger Delta Section -

"Attention. This is an open message to the Titans fleet! Our leader, His Excellency Jamitov Hymem has been assassinated by Haman Karn of Axis! With his last words, these orders were given: 'Wipe the Gwadan from the skies!'."

Jason froze as the first announcement was made but resumed his hurried pace when the klaxon started. Its started. gotta hurry

Leaping over a railing and kicking off it, Jason floated down to the Delta section of the hanger where pilots had just started to scramble. Waving his arms to get her attention, he voiced his concern, "Grace!.."

..cleared to launch. All teams are cleared to engage enemies that come within the Kirov's outer weapons range - our first priority is Paptimus Scirocco's escape from the combat zone. Stay on the defensive until you are cleared for open engagement.

Taking a few steps more placed him in front of a group of mechanics rushing to their posts, shoving Jason backward. He tried raising his voice to be heard over the commotion. "Hey! Grace, watch yourself out there! I--uh...I'd like to have dinner with you when this is over!"

Biting his tongue that he couldn't come up with the right words he gives a quick salute to Delta team. Realizing that it will just have to do for now, Jason begins to rush back to his section of the hanger.
Wedge14

[Hangar]

[Leandro 'my middle name is long and harder to spell then hangar' Alvarez
Leandro nodded at grace. "That Pan guy might win a battle, but Wolf's got some connections..." He seemed to think of the question a bit longer before Kyle interrupted with a rather good idea.

"Good idea Kyle, lets get that implemented as soon as we can." Leandro smiled at Grace and started inputting the necessary information to create such a link up into his machines operating system. It was simple, he had most of it done in a few seconds, he was about to explain it when he was interrupting by the sudden announcement.

"Grace get moving!" He said flinging her off in the direction of his machine. The sound of Pan Heyden's bellowing laughter was not enough to drown out Jason Drossel's sudden appearance.

Leandro's heart suddenly fell to his boots. He started to get back into his cockpit before he clumsily went back out. "Get moving Jay Gees this isn't the time!"

[Pan Nancy Heyden]

Pan erupted into a sickening laughter as the announcement mentioned the fate of Jamitov. It wasn't really clear if he was laughing because he was right about the Zeons or because the man had such a funny last name.

Heyden pounced after Stukov actually passing him on the way to his machine. Pan took a moment to spare a glance in the direction of Wolf. He was sure Wolf would cross paths with Fritz..

wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hanger Delta Section -

Ltjg. Allister Grant

"Get moving Jay Gees this isn't the time!"

"Aye, aye Lieutenant," Grant responded as he took a seat in his Marasai. Flicking a few buttons he closes the cockpit engulfing him in momentary darkness which then dissappears as the panoramic monitor starts to come online revealing a full view of the hanger. A few more jabs at the controls sets up an open link with his sensor.

"Ltjg. Allister Grant, good to go."

Ltjg. Kyle Roberts

The Barzam's mono-eye flashes as soon as its start up procedure finishes. It takes a slow step to the weapon rack where its beam launcher awaits.

"Ltjg. Roberts. Ready here, sir."
The Loser Villain

- The Buxoro -

- Hangar -

"Is everything okay over here? I know that waiting around like this can be stressful and that not everon-"

"HEY TIM? DO YOU KNOW IF ITS BETTER TO START FROM THE CORNERS OR FROM ONE SIDE?"

".. not everyone has the same way of dealing with it."

“Well,” Aaron said as he turned to face Elijah, “Tim seems a bit-”

“I ALWAYS START WITH THE CORNERS! IF YOU FINISH ONE SIDE FIRST YOU”LL GO INSANE TRYING TO GET THE REST!” Tim responded back to Tyler.

“He seems a bit on edge. But other then that-” Aaron continued till the alarms in the hangar began to blare, “Ah, right on cue!”
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class-Kirov
- Outside Beta Team Ready Room –

The briefest of hesitations stopped Sven from immediately running to the hangar when the alarms went off. He stopped outright when Scirocco’s announcement came over the PA. Hiding a grimace and overcoming his hesitation he took off down for the corridor leave Ens. Elliot behind, wherever she might have gotten too. He quickly stuffed the rest of his snack bar into one of his suite’s pockets and donned and sealed his helmet. Hurrying past other crewmembers Sven half listened to the second PA announcement.

So, Jamitov was dead, Sven had no love lost for the fellow but he had less love for Paptimus. More so, Scirocco’s safety shouldn’t be the main concern of the fleet, Om would now be in command, but the order was from Captain Trent and Sven knew whose camp he was part of now. Arriving at the hangar Sven almost kicked off for the Marasai in Beta Team’s berth before remembering he now piloted the Barzam. Vaulting himself along the catwalks towards the suite he noticed that Wolf and Daren already seemed to be inside their respective suites.

Arriving at the Barzam, Sven clambered inside and strapped himself in. Luckily because they had been on standby so long the suit was mostly warmed up and didn’t require much work to bring to life. As the camera’s flickered to life along the panorama; Sven check his flight suite seals one more time and patched himself into Beta Teams radio chatter.

“Sir, just finishing warm-up I will be ready to launch in 30.” Sealing the Barzam’s hatch and running one last check over his thrusters Sven flicked the radio transmitter again. “I have no idea where Ens. Elliot went to Sir, she seems to have disappeared.”

Sven only realized then that maybe something much more nefarious was at foot, with Jamitov dead, perhaps Wolf was meant to join him.
Attomoku

Kirov, Hanger

Lt. Te'litha

"HELLS YEAH!" Nick's snake exclaimed, it was the happiest it had ever been. He threw himself into his seat and had brought the monitor and systems up when he spied Jason returning from Delta's section, "Lets go Motherf*cker!" he yelled at Jason over the suit's loudspeaker with a little mania coming through, "I've had this appointment with the Zeons for five years and I will NOT BE LATE!". Nick grabbed his proprietary 120mm, slacked the right drum's ammo belt, and smacked it home in the rifle's receiving port. It automatically cycled once with a resoundingly beautiful 'KA-KLAC'. He closed the hatch and stepped into the launch queue, "We'll follow Alpha out," he ordered over the team freq, "Lock and load!"

Ltjg. Kelborn

"Grace get moving!"
"Right!" Grace responded to Leandro taking off towards her Marasai and was about to swing into her cockpit when she heard Jason over the din, "Grace!.." She stopped and turned, locating Jason, "Hey! Grace, watch yourself out there! I--uh...I'd like to have dinner with you when this is over!" he then quickly disappeared back towards his unit leaving a stunned Grace floating in front of the cockpit, her blushing face about the same color as the machine behind her.
"Get moving Jay Gees this isn't the time!" Leandro's voice brought her back to reality and she swung into her machine and brought it online. After strapping in she listened to Nick lambast Jason as she meanwhile linked her sensors to Kyle and Leandro. Grace resolved then that Jason would have something else to look forward to other than verbal abuse from his unstable superior officer. Quickly, she sent a text only message so that her answer would be waiting when he climbed into his machine:

Code: Select all

Dinner sounds nice, I'm looking forward to it

-Grace

With that done she ran a final double check before reporting, "Ltjg. Kelborn ready for launch."

Buxoro, Bridge

Ltcmdr. Winter

"Bring us to full combat alert!" Edwin shouted following Scirocco's proclamation, "And cut the chatter." The bridge had briefly become a hotbed of excited murmurings at the news.
"Orders from the Kirov Sir," Catherine the radio op piped up, "'All teams are cleared to engage enemies that come within outer weapons range. First priority is Paptimus Scirocco's escape from the combat zone. Stay on the defensive until cleared for open engagement.'"
"Very well, relay that to our MS team and have them launch immediately!" Winter ordered, maintaining control of his ship despite his shock that the leader of the Titans was dead. At least blasting the Zekes who killed Jamitov might take his mind off it.

Hanger

Lt. Robin & Ens. August

“Ah, right on cue!”
"Yep, about how it works," Elijah said pushing off while the PA and ship freq. broadcast the Kirov's orders. "OK mount up missiles and scramble!" he floated over to his machine and brought it out of stand-by. Tyler had ready done so and Elijah watched his machine's Monoeye flash upon activation with black humor that the first time he'd ever seen that happen, he needed a cane as a consequence. "Launch whenever ready" he said shaking himself out of revery and his grabbed weapons while stepping onto the elevator with Tyler who had taken a beamrifle/ax and missiles as well.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Hanger Section -

Jason's stride slowed a bit when he heard the announcement from his team leader.

"Lets go Motherf*cker! I've had this appointment with the Zeons for five years and I will NOT BE LATE!".

Continuing on with his head hung low, Jason gritted his teeth in anger. "..hope you meet them too," he grumbled.

Finally reaching his Marasai, he closes the hatch before taking a seat. Data and numeric codes scroll up in seconds on a side panel as system checks are automatically completed. While strapping himself in, Jason notices a flashing icon on his control panel. Opening it reveals Grace's response and lickety-split his frown transforms into a wide smile.

"Ltjg. Drossel. I'm set!"
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

"Captain, there's reported activity on the other side of Axis," Gojiro reported, drawing Trent's strained attention. "Don't bother with them unless they throw more into this," Trent ordered, turning back to the windows and the overhead monitors. Normally he'd have requested more information from the fleet observers, but his mind was still clouded. "Sir, there are other picket units engaging the Gwadan mobile suit teams..." Mortimer began to relay. "What about the Argama?" Andrewson asked, turning to his helmsman. "We're not sure yet, sir. They're sure to respond if the Zeta and G-Defenser are involved," Kellman answered.

"More MS launches, sir," Fyodor piped up, pointing to the windows. A hazy long distance camera showed a white MS with a bright thruster flare. "What are they doing?! Sir, Scirocco and his escorts have changed course... they're staying close to the Gwadan," Gojiro said. "Damn it!" Trent muttered, wondering what Paptimus was up to now. If he dragged more of the fleet into this skirmish he could end up starting a full fleet engagement. "Maybe that's what he wants..." Andrewson thought. Maybe Paptimus had enough things in place to get everything over with at once - remove Jamitov, take over the Titans and knock out Axis and the Argama. But that seemed far-fetched even for someone like him.

"Begin a covering barrage as our mobile suits launch," Trent ordered wearily. At their range they couldn't do much against any of the Axis ships, but they needed to get directly involved as soon as possible as a deterrent to attack. He rubbed his forehead and felt how clammy his skin was getting. "Hold position. We'll only press forward if Scirocco can't make it out on his own," he added, blinking slowly. Mortimer nodded, not saying anything about the repeated orders.

- Hangar -

Stukov ignored Heyden's sincere laughter at the announcement of Jamitov's death; he wouldn't be mourning the man either. Once inside his suit, he flew through the standby preflight routine and had it moving to the weapons rack within 20 seconds. With one of the Griffin's bulky beam rifles in hand, he lumbered to the lower catapult staging area. "Get the catapults clear as soon as possible, Ritter and the others will need plenty of time to get those ugly suits launched," he deadpanned to his subordinates as his suit's feet clamped into the locks.

Lt. Dolk stepped up next to him, using the other ventral launch system. He lowered his Griffin into a crouch and contacted the bridge. "Lt. Dolk, you're cleared to launch," Sergei answered, but the lieutenant was already talking. "I can take you to the center of the dark - we gonna fly on a collision course in--" Dolk babbled, but he was then cut off by Sergei. "Sir, you're clear. The tree is changing," he muttered, closing the connection before another reply could come. Indeed, the Christmas tree was already cycling down through yellow to green, and Stukov and Dolk were launched from the bottom of the ship a few moments later.

Inside the hangar, Wolf finished prepping his Barzam as Sven returned to the team. "Sir, just finishing warm-up I will be ready to launch in 30. ...I have no idea where Ens. Elliot went to Sir, she seems to have disappeared," he reported in as he readied his own suit. A small video window popped up on Wolf's monitor, and Daren added, "I'm ready to go, sir. I'll follow you and Sven out,". Wolf's Barzam stepped out of its berth to grab a bazooka. "Don't worry about her, she'll catch up. Can't let me out of her sight for too long," he muttered back to his team. Te'Litha began to move his unit to the catapults, so Wolf held up and rechecked his weapons. "Let that idiot launch first. We'll find out what's out there and he'll have his back to me," Ritter said.

- The Herakles -
- Bridge -

Capt. Berg had collapsed back into his command chair, staring into space wide-eyed at the transmission from Scirocco. "His Excellency is... dead? Assassinated?" he stammered, his grip on his chair's arms turning white knuckle. Taking a moment to gather his thoughts, he leaned forward and bellowed in a rage, "Make sure Scirocco gets out of there! Someone has to explain this!". The orders from the Kirov were quickly obeyed, and the ship's MS team was rushed to launch readiness. "Jamitov never should have gone there," Berg muttered, slamming a fist on the armrest. Paptimus was involved somehow, he knew it.

- The Jupitris -
- Bridge -

"Paptimus and the others are turning back... What's going on?" Haifan grunted, looking at the long range display of The O's escape angle. "Haman Karn," Black Friday muttered, his lip curling into a scowl. They couldn't pick it up with their equipment or get a proper visual at their range, but in his mind's eye Friday could feel the image of the Qubeley rising above the Gwadan, attracting Paptimus into attacking. "Paptimus can deal with her. Make sure everything is ready for his return," Haifan said dismissively. "Yes..." Black answered absentmindedly, focusing on the strange form of combat going on so far away.

Small, rapid movement. Fine control. Destruction. Pressure. Friday closed his eyes, seeing himself standing on a vast black void that replaced the Jupitris' deck beneath his feet. Far in the distance, the mental spirits of Haman Karn and Paptimus Scirocco rose above them, locking the two in an unseen struggle. To observers their MS were simply floating motionless. Friday's jaw clenched so hard that it began to hurt. The sheer force of will emanating from those two forced him to open his eyes. He swallowed hard and took a deep breath to calm down; his eyes had begun to water.

"What the hell... the Bolinoak Sammahn is missing," one of the operators said, calling for Haifan's attention. The hard to track blips showing the ship's friendly signals were down to a pair. "Sarah Zabiarov has been killed," Friday said matter-of-factly, crossing his arms. He was back in full control.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

mcred23

-The Kalinin-
-Bridge-

Marshall Nguyen's usual frown was in full effect as he finally made it to the bridge. Something had gone wrong somewhere, likely a main power line that had been quickly repaired, and several elevators and lift grips had stopped working. Nguyen, who had been sleeping when everything started, had taken nearly five minutes to get to the bridge, taking alternate routes and getting around several frantic damage control teams led by the ships' XO. It had been at that point that someone on the bridge had piped in Scirocco's message to the fleet.

"Situation?" He asked as he floated to his command chair, pushing his glasses up on his nose.

"The meeting seems to have broken down, sir." The petty officer manning the communications station at this hour reported. "Scirocco is out of the Gwadan, but still around it, and there seems to be major fighting in that area."

"Heavy Minovsky jamming in that sector, sir." The sensor operator reported.

"We've been ordered to scramble, but no orders for deployment yet. Bate says the team will be ready in two minutes." The comm tech finished.

"And the power failure?" Nguyen asked flatly.

"No word yet on the source, sir. Communications and weapons have been tested and are operational, but transportation and lighting have failed sporadically across the ship. And we are at battle stations, sir. Full combat alert."

"Thank you," He grunted to the tech, who merely nodded and turned back to his panel. The bridge was then silent for more than a minute. Outside, the hanger hatch opened as they prepared to launch the Marasai team. Several of the gun turrets were rotating, scanning for targets that weren't present at the moment.

A comm screen lit up, with the XO's face on it. "We found the problem, Commander. One of the main circuits died. Looks like it had some shock damage from before."

Nguyen sighed. "How long to fix it?"

The XO winced. "Ten minutes, at least. Probably longer than that, sir. And we're going to lose a few systems. The back up circuit can't handle all the same stuff, and we aren't sure how well it will hold up."

Marshall's frown grew. "What will we lose?"

"Of importance, mainly the catapult. Lift grips and lighting will stay down where they are."

"Fix it, Mr. Parker." Nguyen ordered quietly. The XO nodded and the screen went black. Nguyen thought for a moment and tapped a button on his chair.

A minute later, his call was answered by the view of Alpha Bate in the cockpit of his Marasai. "Captain, this about the catapult?".

Nguyen nodded. "It's down for at least ten minutes. Can you take the team out without it?"

Bate flashed a frown for a moment, but didn't hesitate. "Yes sir. We're powering everything up now an' getting the mechanics finished and out of the way. We'll be ready to move in five."

For once, Bate didn't sound totally smug to Marshall, who nodded. "Fine, Commander. You should have your orders once you launch." Bate gace a quick, sloppy salute and once again the main comm screen went blank as the bridge returned to it's normal quite state. The crew performed their normal actions as the Kalinin made ready for combat.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

Under the cover of brief, staccato barrages of mega-particle fire, the first MS teams began to launch from Taskforce Echo's ships. Alpha's Griffins boosted rapidly ahead of the others, as the Herakles' Hizack team was still forming up and Bate hadn't yet gotten all of the Kalinin's suits on the move. After arranging the covering fire, Mortimer had brought up the rest of the observation crews to prepare for combat. "Sir, the catapults are cycling and the next suits should be launched in 25 seconds," Sergei reported. "Good. Keep them coming," Trent responded, his eyes locked on the digital display overhead. Fyodor turned in his seat and spoke up, "Captain, The O and the Pallas Athene have changed course again and are being engaged by the AEUG... it's the Argama's team, sir,".

"The bastards are working with Axis again. Just like the Gate of Zedan!" Gojiro growled, pulling his headset off. Andrewson shook his head, "No, I don't think so. They're taking advantage of the situation,". Kellman nodded in agreement, glad to hear the captain was still capable of some clear-headed thought. "Most of the Axis mobile suits are backing off, sir. ...Paptimus and his escort have evaded the screen and appear to be headed for the Jupitris. Argama mobile suits are in pursuit," Sergei rattled off. "Sir," Mortimer spoke up, clearing his throat, "Scirocco might come closer to us if the Zeta Gundam and it's allies don't break pursuit soon. We should be ready to assist,". The captain nodded and ordered, "Make sure we're ready to lend him cover fire,".

Something caught his eye and pulled his attention away from the monitors - a sudden flash of light between rounds of beam fire. He looked back to the windows in time to see the Gwadan get swallowed up by explosions. The Axis flagship rolled slightly and then blossomed into a pink cloud of fire, reducing it to an expanding cluster of debris. A few muted sounds of elation rose up from some of the bridge crew at the sight, but Chief Kellman grumbled "Don't get too excited. There's a lot more of them out there,". Trent nodded and crossed his arms, "With the Gwadan gone the weapons ranges just changed. We'll prepare to move up and actively engage if Scirocco doesn't want us to fall back,". Ahead of them a cluster of three ships had already planted itself in between them and the Gwanban.

- The Herakles -
- Bridge -

"Tell the lieutenant to hurry up! Get Weber and Sewart launched, damn it," Capt. Berg demanded. He removed his hat and ran a gloved hand through his damp hair. "Sir, Lt. Jools says he's moving his team as fast as he can," one of his operators answered. Instead of responding to the excuse with more vitriol, Berg erupted with heartless laughter as the Gwadan began to sink. "That'll teach you bastards," he grunted through his teeth, rising from his seat to get closer to the windows. With one last wicked chuckle, he muttered, "Admiral Jamitov's last wish fulfilled... Now someone has to pay for his death,". All he needed was more time to finish his own nosing around and figure out what Saad Bahjat had stumbled into.

- Alpha Team -

Stukov pushed his Griffin to near its top acceleration, smiling broadly as the stars and light show surrounding him in the panoramic monitor whizzed past in a blur. He tracked the heavy beam rifle across his forward vision, watching the cursor and crosshair slide digitally on the display. "Да, хорошо," he muttered, pleased with the blue experimental suit. In a rare bit of showboating he snapped the MS into a roll, using the powerful verniers to spin the Griffin around with a burst of thruster flares. The computer kept up, the threat display swirling with the change in perspective, plucking out distant Gaza-Cs and ships and outlining them with yellow boxes and arrows. The most important thing though was the three Endra-class ships strung out in a line, with a few new MS contacts already spewing forth from them.

"Heyden, Dolk, I have maybe found our first victims. Plenty of Zeon scum forming up and heading for us," he announced, highlighting the Trammel unit manually with his controls to point them out to his wingmen. He slowed down to conserve propellant and make sure his men were close. Behind him, Lt. Dolk shifted the beam rifle into his Griffin's left hand and reached back with the right to pull out a sea serpent from a storage rack on the rear skirt armor. He twirled the weapon in the suit's right hand and accelerated, fanning out to Stukov's right.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots