Episode 23 - Play Both Ends [Axis]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: Episode 23 - Play Both Ends [Axis]

- Gryps Space, Near the Gwadan -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"Veteran’s intuition, sir? Or just a survivor’s instinct?” Raquel asked, causing the captain to mutter a few things under his breath. "I won't be satisfied until the princess is safely aboard the Gwanban. Waiting this long to move her seems dangerous," he explained, shaking his head. "All manner of things could happen during--" he began with a sweeping gesture. The light show erupting from the flagship cut him off abruptly. "I-I-I... they're..." he sputtered, his arm slowly falling to his side. Friendly voice traffic exploded as Scirocco blasted his way out of the ship's hangar.

"Haman-sama and her highness are under attack!" M'Quve announced through the fleet connection, "We are moving to support the defense effort!". Their main monitor flashed as the Trammel dumped new information to their computer, and collected data and patrol routes changed to an indicated heading and an IFF display. "H-Haman-sama!" Capt. Wald managed, turning wide-eyed to look for support from one of his bridge crew. "We should move to stay in position with the fleet, sir. And have the MS team ready to launch," Vada offered, likewise looking for help from Raquel.

Pizal took a few deep breaths and seemed to regain some composure. "Yes... Yes. Raquel, keep up with the Trammel and Mandra, and take us to the zone M'Quve has indicated. We'll shield the princess," he ordered. "Have the Gaza team launch as soon as they're prepared. I want to arrive ready to fight," he added, and the bridge crew got to work. The small picket unit hadn't even begun to move when the area around the Gwadan was filled with beam fire.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ziryab

“Already on it,” Raquel had muttered just seconds after M’Quve exclamation of Haman and Princess Minerva being under attack. Having the engines prepared, as per Wald’s earlier request, the Bindra gentle rolled over to one side as she began to turn vessel. Full well she began bringing the Bindra to where the full compliment of its armaments could aim directly at the Titans. Her assumption had no doubts as to which faction had made the assassination attempt, which coincidentally was also who she thought they should be fighting.

An almost immediate info-dump from the Trammel with an indicated bearing brought Raquel’s action to a halt. “Aye aye sir,” upon Wald’s command and began redirecting the ship’s course. Already on the move as it was, the Bindra pulled away from the growing firefight around the Gwadan and quickly turned towards the Trammel and Mandra.

“Vada,” she said, “anything on what happened yet…” on her screen the mark beacon from the Gwadan had ceased appearing. Off in the distance she spotted the Gwadan begin to crack apart. “Keep feeding me the locations of the Titan ships. I rather not have our Gaza team be given the Minovsky Punch when they step out the door.”

Catching up with two vessels, the Trammel and Mandra, Raquel pitched the Bindra rightsideup in relation to the two spaceships before ‘squeezing’ into the wide berth between them. She had every intent to use either ship for a shield as needed.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Hangar -

“Well, that can't mean anything good is happening out there!” Nikolai yelled as the hangar came alive with alarms and chatter over the PA system.

Pulling himself into his cockpit he strapped into his seat and closed the cockpit hatch. The panoramic screen came to life filling the inside of the Gaza with its surroundings. Opening the channel to the bridge operator, Vada face appeared in a small screen.

“What's going on out there!” Nikolai bellowed.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Capt. Wald kept himself admirably calm and in control as his perspective of the disaster began to tilt, as Raquel dutifully got the Bindra moving. His jaw was clamped shut to avoid embarrassing himself or interrupting the rapid-fire communication going on between M'Quve and the Gwadan that was on the small fleet's open channel. Ahead of them now, the Gaza team from the flagship were trying to react and screen Scirocco and his accomplices in but things looked to be turning into a pursuit. Pizal cursed himself internally for thinking he was glad they didn't have to personally deal with him.

"We're not sure yet, sir. The--" the over-stressed operator from the Gwadan said, stopping mid-answer to look elsewhere on their bridge. He braced himself as something unseen sent a rumble through the flagship. Over the din Pizal was certain he heard someone say "Qubeley". "S-sir," Wald spoke up, drawing the attention of M'Quve, "If Haman-sama is launching to engage the enemy, perhaps we should assist...". M'Quve frowned and shook his head after a moment, "Capt. Wald, your thoughts are noble but I feel we're needed elsewhere. Our fleet will act as a screen for the Gwanban and the rear units,".

"The Argama?! Get the rest of the defense team launched!" someone on the flagship's bridge bellowed. "Sir, The O is doubling back... I think Scirocco is going after the Qubeley!" the operator said, turning away from the camera. "We can't take this bombardment! Move us closer to Ax--" the person in command of the bridge ordered, but the connection failed and the monitor flashed to static. M'Quve gave an annoyed 'humph' at being cut off. "Wald, Bacon, we'll move to this position and take up a defensive posture," M'Quve ordered, gesturing as the data stream changed again. This time the Trammel unit was in a wide wedge formation between the flagship and the Gwanban.

"Both of you pay attention while we're on the move. If Haman-sama should need help or if we come under attack by the Argama or another arriving Titans unit we'll need quick reflexes. Once we're in our new position, we'll likely have to defend the Gwanban from the Titans unit... here," he said, and the image on the monitor changed. A digital display of ship positions was provided in a split screen with a distant blurred image of Taskforce Echo.

Vada leaned back in his seat to twist around in Raquel's direction, and he reported, "Ma'am, the Gwadan is heavily damaged but she's still under control... It sounds like damage teams are working but the hangar has been evacuated,". Wald floated back after ending his conversation with M'Quve and laid a gloved hand on the top of Raquel's console. His face was practically gray as he tried to keep it together despite the pressure of what was going on. "Chief Reyes... you have our new destination..." he managed to order. Scirocco himself was trouble enough - he was desperately trying to avoid thinking about what the Argama's mobile suits could do to the ship.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Sume Gai

-Hanger-

At the end of the port line of Gaza-C's stood Kenneth Graden's Machine. He had been silent throughout the Chatter. Even the generally strict Lt Cmdr did not mind his team trying to pass the time or cut the tension.

If anyone in this group shared their captain's fire over the importance of this mission it was Graden. He felt an acute sense of pride in being selected to defend Lady Haman and Princess Mineva, He would gladly lay down his life for either of them if given the chance.

Thus as the ship came to life and began swerving through space Graden's Heart began to race, Was this his chance? The chance to prove the depths of his Loyalty to the Zabis and Lady Haman; to be honored like his father. With a few deft taps of the controls Graden's MS started up it's monitors coming to life to reveal the now red tinted hanger around him.

It seemed it would not be long till he was needed.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Ziryab

—bridge—
Raquel exhaled “Aye aye captain” and dragged her eyeballs towards her latest task rather than linger on the battle that was engulfing the Gwandan. “To think, a spacenoid,” her voice carried a shaming tone, “someone from Jupiter…” she shook her head in shame as she began navigating theBindra towards M’Quve’s indicated destination.

A part of he imagined M’Quve having some magnetic or digital chessboard nearby, fiddling with the pieces as events unfolded or viewing the image-maps and diagrams as a chess match. He was more than calm under pressures and closer to outright aloof to the unfolding situation or already had countermeasures methodically already planned in advance and refused to let any of them deviate from his gameplan. So Gwanban the queen, right? Then was the Gwandan an unfortunate but bearable loss? Now what piece did that make them?

—hangar—
“Weak ass assassination attempt,” Pris stated matter of factly. Her hands were becoming anxiously twitchy. “Feckless liars can’t do anything beyond murder and oppress.”

Fritz Ashlyn

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

Wald was still relatively composed enough to be impressed by the smoothness of M'Quve's orders and execution. The Trammel lead it's two sister ships into position so swiftly and smoothly that it almost seemed as if M'Quve knew what was going to happen beforehand. With the crippled Gwadan now off their port bow and the Gwanban to starboard past Axis the tiny fleet was facing down a distant cluster of Titans warships, the closest concentration of enemies. Still, it wasn't the small array of Titans ships they could clearly see that worried him - somewhere out there, the Argama was operating. The Zeta Gundam and G-Defenser were already engaged, and there were new reports of the Gundam Mk. II and Methuss approaching the flagship.

"One of Paptimus Scirocco's compatriots has been killed by an AEUG mobile suit," M'Quve declared, his tone still nearly clinical, "Our enemies are destroying one another, just as Haman-sama planned,". "Sir, the AEUG is attempting to engage Scirocco but he's breaking off... The Qubeley is leaving the area," one of the operators reported. Capt. Wald nodded, sighing in relief; Lady Haman was escaping safely. Pizal took a deep breath and straightened his helmet, turning back to take a more visible position near the windows like a proper captain. "Launch the Gaza team. Tell them to spread out... but stay close enough to support each other," he ordered, and Vada made the announcement in the hangar.

"Captain!" one of the other men said, speaking out in shock. Wald's jaw clamped shut again and his stomach dropped as he watched the Gwadan suddenly list much more severely. An explosion crawled across its surface and in less than five seconds the entire ship had turned into a huge cluster of bright fireballs. "The Gwadan..." Wald murmured as he watched the flagship turn to debris. "We've lost the Gwadan," M'Quve said with his strange detached, elegant manner of speech, "The princess and Haman-sama are falling back in the Gwanban. We'll hold position here until they're safely away,". M'Quve wasn't the kind of commander that would add some 'no matter what' or 'to the last man' cliché, but he didn't need to. None of the men and women in the Trammel unit would allow Mineva or Haman to be harmed. Far in front of the picket fleet, short flashes of beam fire announced the beginning of MS launches from the Titan taskforce.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

King Monkey

The command to launch was still echoing in the hangar when Djorn obeyed it. With no thought or care for the appropriate launch order, he guided his Mobile Suit toward the launch rail and locked in.

As he was thrown forward, he let out a raucous yell, filling the comm channel of his team with what was either an inspiring or frightening certainty of purpose and fate. "Whaaaaahoooooo! For the greater glory of Zeon!"

The cold darkness of space was like going back to the cradle for Djorn and he actually felt more comfortable outside of the confines of the ship with only his Gaza-C protecting him from the cold vacuum that surrounded him on all sides.

At the last moment, he fired his verniers, halting his forward progress before he got too far away from his teammates or beyond the range that he'd been ordered to take. It wasn't unlike when a dog reached the end of its chain and was jerked back. He'd almost forgotten that he wasn't supposed to go take on both enemy fleets by himself and he was fairly itching to get to them.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
wonton bob

With the order to sortie given, Matthew slams down his visor and maneuvers his Gaza next in line to launch. Hearing Djorn scream only makes him more agitated. After cracking his knuckles he grabs the controls almost foaming at the mouth

finally I can avenge my brothers..I'll kill for for them..I'll kill for ZEON.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"W-what are they doing?" the captain muttered, lowering the field glasses he had taken from one of the combat observers. The Titans ships opposite them had ceased fire and were slowly but surely turning away from the Trammel unit. "Paptimus Scirocco escaped the Zeta Gundam..." M'Quve said through the monitor connection. "But... So they're turning away? Leaving, now?" Wald protested, suddenly feeling a sense of bravado. "They have no reason to fight just yet," M'Quve explained calmly, "And Scirocco still has to consolidate his forces,". Pizal turned to the monitors and asked, "Isn't Bask Om in charge now? Scirocco let... Jamitov...". He slowly realized what he was saying and his eyes widened in surprise. "Indeed," M'Quve commented.

Capt. Bacon spoke up for the first time since the scramble to respond, "Should I hold my Gaza team or launch them? We're not going to pursue are we?". The veteran captain of the Trammel drummed his fingers delicately on his lapel next to the preserved rose pinned there. "There's no need to commit more forces to this. Wald's pilots can deal with things until the Titans have scurried off to regroup," he answered. "Yes, sir!" Wald puffed out his chest. He glided away from the bridge windows to Vada's console. "Have us ready to provide support fire," he said, moving on to stand next to the helm station. "Chief," he said quietly to Raquel, keeping his voice low enough to not be broadcast to the other captains, "M'Quve seems pretty clever after all. We'll handle this easily,". He seemed quite pleased with himself. Straightening back up, he ordered loudly, "Get the rest of the team launched! What are they waiting for?".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Fritz Ashlyn

- Gryps Space, Near Axis -

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

"The enemy is turning away," the voice of an observer crackled onto the bridge. "Yes, sir," one of the operators added, nodding, "The fleet opposite us is reorienting... Tracking and thruster flares suggest they're recalling their mobile suits,". "Not all of them," Wald said, leaning forward slightly as he squinted through his own set of binoculars at the area where his own Gaza team was grouped in a poor facsimile of a formation. Just beyond their thruster flares were less obvious points of light and color - a trio of deep blue Titans MS coming on fast. "Capt. Wald, the Gwanban has moved to a safe distance and is in the process of recovering the Gwadan's Gaza-Cs. The fleet is preparing to stand down and fall back to a safe zone closer to Axis - you can bring in your MS unit in transit," M'Quve passed word along through the fleet connection.

"Don't let them jump up our ass while we're leaving, Wald. Your pilots are green but they can handle a little rear guard action while we slip away, surely?" Bacon prodded, sounding surly. M'Quve interjected in a lecturing tone, "90% of our pilots haven't seen real combat, Irving. Until they prove otherwise yours are no more useful to me than Wald's,". "Hn," Bacon snorted, "They'll all get their chance soon enough. But mark my words, that clumsy bunch under Pizal's command will screw up something important,". Wald had slowly turned red as Capt. Bacon doubled up on his insults without giving him a chance to get a word in. His gloved hands balled into fists, he angrily retorted, "You sound quite sure of yourself, Capt. Bacon. Once we start the real fighting here we'll find out if--". "Enough," M'Quve commanded, tiring of the squabble.

"Sir," both captains responded, falling silent. "Why are you two doing your best to make me feel like this assignment is some sort of punishment?" M'Quve sarcastically lamented. "Uh... captain?" Vada said quietly, waving for Pizal's attention. Still agitated by Bacon's clearly unwarranted attacks, Wald fidgeted with his collar and floated over to the operator's station. "Sir, that closest Titans team is now headed away from us like the others. I think they've fully disengaged," Vada reported, keeping his voice down. "Good work, Capt. Wald. Keep your team behind us as we leave," M'Quve said, reacting to the observation on his own ship. "Hah," Wald reacted with a cocky chuckle directed at Bacon. "We're not clear yet, Wald. Stay alert," the One Year War veteran reminded him. The Trammel unit received new data from the newly occupied flagship and prepared to rejoin the rest of the fleet.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Ziryab

-bridge-

Gently, slightly floating above her seat at the helm, Raquel sucked air in from between her teeth. Referring to Bacon she hissed, "Jealous ass..." Bristling with annoyance at the Trammel captain's trampling of the efforts of her ship's pilots. "We're among the ten percent," she muttered annoyed.

To Raquel, the Bindra could boast a few One Year War veterans not only among their pilot roster but among the ship crew. And then there was the fact the rest of their pilots just recently survived their first combat engagement along with being among the first Neo-Zeons with combat experience now--however little it was. And that man had to nerve to piss all over that just because someone did the same in his cornflakes?

Her mouth twisted into a frown.

-space-

Suddenly twitching, Pris raised her visor and sneezed. "Fffhhh," wiping at her nose. "I'm guessing they're pulling back only because what they've tried to accomplish mission?" She growled in question. Assuming that the goal was an assassination attempt of Neo-Zeon's leadership.

"Looks like," gripping tightly at her controls, "the real throwdown will come later, eh?" Commenting to the other pilots.

The Loser Villain

- The Bindra -
- Space -

A sensor malfunction had kept him from launching right away, but after it was determined to be nothing and Nikolai launched, the order came down that the attack was off.

"I'm guessing they're pulling back only because what they've tried to accomplish mission? Looks like the real throwdown will come later, eh?"

"Hmmm, could be," Nikolai responded, "Just irks me that we aren't sinking all of their ships as retribution."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick