Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Re: Episode 20 - The Gate of Zedan

- Outside the Gate of Zedan’s P Field -

A group of five Titans mobile suits - four Hizacks following a damaged Marasai - sped through space as they retreated from the area around the Gwadan. “Just stay close to me,” the Marasai pilot said, his voice haggard and showing annoyance. One of the Hizack pilots spoke up, “Why the hell should we listen to you? You almost got us killed back there,”. The Marasai pointed with it’s one remaining arm back where they had come from and the pilot said, “If you want to try your luck against that damned ship again, then be my guest. You saw what the AEUG did to us. They even forced that new weirdo suit to retreat,”. “Shut up, both of you,” another pilot said, ignoring the Marasai’s seniority, “There’s another ship up ahead,”. “Let’s just go back to the Latium,” one of them said, “I’m out of ammo,”.

No…” the Marasai pilot rumbled, cutting them off. He looked ahead at the Bindra and then back at the friendly MS following him. They had started out as a dozen-man contingent sent out from Taskforce Juliet that had joined up in the attack on the Gwadan with the Byalant. Their number had been more than halved, and none of the four Hizacks trailing behind him were in perfect shape. One of them had run out of ammo and was only carrying a beam saber. Another still had his 120mm, but was down to half a drum of ammo. The other two were damaged to various degrees. His own Marasai was missing it’s right arm and the beam rifle along with it. Up ahead of them, the orange ship looked like it was lightly guarded and not expecting an attack. “I think we can manage this. Their pilots aren’t worth a tinker’s cuss on their own, right? There can’t be a whole swarm of them around this one ship,” he said, explaining his reasoning.

A mixed reaction greeted his ears, but he managed to shout down the naysayers. “We’re going to take this ship down to make this attack worth something. The Zekes have to pay for this stunt they’re pulling,” he said, speeding up. “You heard him. Let’s give ‘em hell!” one of the Hizack pilots yelled, accelerating ahead of the others. They began to swarm through the dummy asteroids around the Bindra as they closed in. Then one of them flew headlong into the anti-MS cables extending from a dummy asteroid and exploded, promptly giving their position away.

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

“What the...?” Capt. Wald said as he caught the explosion out of the corner of his eye. “We’re under attack!” he yelled, stumbling out of his chair to get to the bridge windows. “Graden!” Pizal said, scrambling to contact the CO of his MS team, “LtCmdr. Graden, shoot them down before they get to the ship!”. He turned around and with a melodramatic wave of his hand he called out, “Prepare for combat! Get the damage control teams ready! Get the hangar crew ready! Get our gunnery teams ready!”. He sidled up to the helm and with a gulp, in a quieter and meeker tone he ordered Raquel, “Get the Komusai ready…”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Near the Edge of S Field -

“I’m gonna mow you down.”

A Nemo crumpled from the blow of a beam saber and blew in half as the trio of blue mobile suits continued their flight across the battlefield. The last track on the album he was listening to finished, and the pilot of the lead machine reached over and deftly changed out minidisks so that the silence between songs lasted less than 10 seconds. “Sir, there’s still a large amount of combat going on in P Field,” Krokus said. Magnified pictures of the battle between Echo and the 4th appeared in his HUD as data scrolled below them. “I think the Latium has taken damage,” Dokken interjected.

“Reports come in of a heavy attack - message received, we’re moving back.”

“Sir?” Dokken asked, “Are we leaving S Field? The taskforce is still engaged with the AEUG and the Latium may be in danger,”. Krokus appeared in his HUD again and said, “The Gwadan is moving back, and the AEUG are occupied with the defense units. We can make a run through P Field if we’re quick about it,”.

“Take no prisoners, take no shit!”

The three mobile suits swung around in a sharp turn and accelerated as they came closer to the edge of S Field. In a few minutes, they would enter P Field and cross through the area Echo and the 4th were fighting in…
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Lans

- Hamburg Team –
- Near P Field -

Randy Emington

Emington gazed around trying to find out the situation behind. “Easy, Bernard you got Al with you. Hold on a minute.” And then everything jumbled out in his HUD when he saw Delta and New Yark Team fought in fluid battle.

Slightly confused by the movements, Randy strained his trained eyes to follow the movements and reading the threats. He hit line to Adam commented lightly, “Oi, oii… Seriously, they took us rather lightly!” with amused face he watched the situation while continued to advance at full speed. Randy almost covered the distance between him and Picard Kamek’s Barzam when things get really tricky. One of the New Yark’s Nemo also fought Picard at close range, making shooting his Rifle a risky business. He thought of a neat trick and swapped his Beam rifle to left hand.

And then he found an opening when Picard blocked Mello’s attack. Crackled voice -comes out from his speaker, “-ewtype, **u idiot!” Grinned, he turned his short range radio channel to auto receive and broadcast. In a rather joyous tone he exclaimed to nearby units (Picard & Mello), “Oh, I got you!!” Randy fired a single shot few meters off Barzam’s (Picard) position to disturb his attention to Mello while grabbing the beam saber handle from its socket. If Mello couldn’t take advantage of the situation then he will take the chance.

Al Izuruha

"- Keep 'em off me." Al listened to Bernard’s voice in silence while trying to make up which target to pick up first. It was hard to decide after Bernard fired beams and shells toward Robin’s position. “Not bad, not bad at all!” Al proclaimed to himself while watching the new suit in action.

Al gazed around to see where the rest of Buxoro heading to and then realized that he was late to react when one Hizack closing in on the Nemo Cannon. His hands spring into action, putting more thrust while moving his Nemo into intercept course with Faraday’s Hizack. He couldn’t get solid lock in short time, but he fired twice to draw Faraday’s attention from Bernard.
hellbore

- Hamburg Team
- Near P Field -

“Oi, oii… Seriously, they took us rather lightly!”

Adam had to grin at the light tone in Randy's voice, but it did seem that the Titans engaging the New Yark's pilots did seem to ignore them in favour of the closer enemy. As Randy rushed in to assist Mello with Kamek's Barzam, Adam fired two shots again at Cara's unit as he debate whether to return to assist Bernard and Al. The New Yark team seemed to be holding their own, but to leave Randy...

"Ah, screw it," he muttered to himself before opening a comm line to Randy and saying, "Emington, this is Trask. I'm returning to assist Bernard and Al. Don't you die on me, you hear!"

With that, he flipped his Nemo head-over-heels and sped back to support the others of his team.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Sume Gai

Kenneth Graden

Kenneth reacted quickly. issuing orders as he moved to intercept. he wanted to keep the two trainee's from getting themselves killed

"Brouillee, Danieg, stay back and provide cover fire; everyone else move to intercept and beware the dummy asteroids"

Graden switched to MA mode and charged the Hizack with a machine gun. He fired his beam guns in two short bursts trying to lead the Hizack with the second set.

Rick Archer

Week's attack wasn't perfect but he did 'almost' get lucky.as Rick entered a turn the last shot streaked towards him headed straight towards him. Rick couldn't move far enough with the thrusters to avoid a hit so he supplemented his maneuver by throwing his shield. The slight change in mass proved just enough, letting Rick dodge the shot by millimeters as he readjusted his course into a simpler 'left and right' zig-zag. The first 'left' was long as Rick retrieved the floating shield

as he began the first 'right' Rick returned fire; with two shots this time. The first to week's left and the second leading whatever evasion he might attempt.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Loser Villain

Titans
-Buxoro Team-
- Near P Field -

So, maybe flying head on at the enemy was a mistake, but Aaron would have to think about that later as he needed to dig up every ounce of luck he had to dodge the oncoming beam rifle fire from Bernard's Nemo Cannon. His only course of action would be to break off the attack and hope that he didn't come out too damaged in the process. Pulling hard he rolled to his left and dodge two of the three shots aimed at him. The third cleaved his right shoulder shield off and limited the movement of the arm a bit.

"Damn, that was..." he had no time to celebrate living as two more beams came flying towards him from Al's Nemo. They weren't as well aimed as the previous three so dodging them wasn't nearly as hard.

"Hey Lt., can I get a hand here!" he yelled while trying to keep his calm. He now had two AEUG pilots gunning for him and one of them had better range then he. Aaron would have to handle the closest threat first, and seeing that Al's Nemo was moving in to intercept he'd have to do.

Doing his best to aim with the slightly damaged right arm he fired two shots from his beam rifle.

----------------------
Axis
-Bindra Team-

As the Titans mobile suit exploded among the dummy asteroid, Nikolai knew things were about to get serious.

"Brouillee, Danieg, stay back and provide cover fire; everyone else move to intercept and beware the dummy asteroids"

"Yes sir," he stammered as he followed Kenneth's Gaza-C, however keeping his Gaza-C in Mobile Suit mode. He figured it would be safer to stay in the mode in case they wound up in close combat.

Aiming his knuckle buster at the Hi-Zack that was only armed with a beam saber, he fired two shots. He quickly thought to how stupid he thought the name for the Gaza-C's beam rifle was, but just as fast went right back into thinking about what he'd do next as the Titans Mobile Suits would soon begin to return fire.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
mcred23

-Team 2-

Wes grunted at the explosions of his missiles, for they had come too quickly. This Titan pilot, as he had been in their previous battles, was good. But then one of the missiles did manage a hit, but it didn't seem to be a major issue for the Marasai, which fired another pair of beams at him. Again, Wes rolled to avoid the beams, and continued to charge in, using his improved acceleration, he fired another trio of quick shots from his beam rifle, while with his Rick Dias' left hand, he drew, but did not ignite, his beam saber, in case it came to using that.

"You motherf***er..." Eckardy grunted to himself as he watched the Hizack Custom keep moving, but toward Marvin. Eddie snapped the Rick Dias around, getting pushed back into his seat by the move, and quickly was facing toward the Hizack Custom, which now fired toward Marvin. Eckardy fired a pair of shots at the -106CS with his beam rifle, while he used his Rick Dias' left hand to draw one of his beam pistols, which he quickly brought to bear and fired a single shot from, as he raced in toward the Hizack.

Marvin was instantly unhappy, or at least, moreso, with his position. Grace had done well to avoid his bazooka rockets, and Ian's fire that had come in from his right, as the Marasai kept moving. A warning light came on, along with its scream, and Marvin reacted instantly, juking his Rick Dias to the right, barely avoiding the beam launcher from the Hizack Custom that came from above and behind him. Marvin rolled his Rick Dias to face the Hizack Custom, firing a pair of shots from his beam pistol as he did so. He stepped on his thrusters to move downward, and fired another shot from his bazooka at the annoying sniper suit.

Ian found himself starting to dislike the C-Type equipment. The firepower was nice, it always way, but the loss of acceleration had become more notable in combat. He moved closer to the furball that the rest of his team was dealing with, and quickly scanned for targets. Wes was fighting a Marasai, but Ian couldn't hit that area if he wanted. Eddie and Marvin were dealing with the Hizack Custom, and that left the second Marasai, which was moving away from them. Ian stepped on his thrusters and moved his C-Type Dias in that direction, and once again had a decent shot on the Marasai. Again, Greydon fired a single shot from his Clay Bazooka, but this time he didn't fire his beam pistol, but compensated by firing two quick shots from the 240mm cannon, waited a second longer as he adjusted his aim for a better shot, and then fired a third round out of the cannon at the Marasai. At least the slower speed makes it easier to fire on the move... Ian thought, somewhat bitterly.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wedge14

Gwendolin Brouillé

"Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god" Gwen stammered as a huge monstrous pack of titan mobile suits raced towards the Bindra. She was in a total panic when Graden's voice broke her mumbling.

"Cover..fire gotchya!" Gwen who was in the middle of the formation fell back reverting to MS mode. "I gotta make sure i don't hit any of the boys...."

Pan Heyden

Pan laughed with much energy as he avoid Ritter's blast, also slipping by another one aimed at him. "I thought this guy was supposed to be tough?" He said amongst his laughter. Pan had a reason for ignoring orders, this guy had it out for Fritz, and Fritz was just content with playing with him. Pan was gonna take him out here and now.

"You want some of this?" Pan bellowed curving in towards Wolf and firing three successive rounds real quick like.

Jim MacAlpin

"Paaan!" Jim yelled as he tried to avoid all the fire suddenly directed towards him. With an annoyed look to him, Jim just barely made it through, but he had no opening, but thank god Fritz had shown up. "Fritz!" He said as he started to regain his confidence. "Thank god..."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Drei

- Balrampur Team -
- P Sector -

Johnathon blinked twice. His head felt blank for a moment, almost forgetting everything that had just happened. He started talking to himself as he slowly worked his Nemo closer to the enemy Hizacks that were ahead. “I can't be blanking out now. Just... Focus on the enemy.” Johnathon tried to count with his eyes how many Hizacks there were, but the fired beams and all of the fast moving machines made it difficult for him. “Three, 2... No, maybe 5?” The Nemo started speeding forward, drawing the thin shield closer and the beam rifle outwards. One Hizack seemed to be standing by, so Johnathon fired thrice. Slightly paranoid of retaliation, Johnathon had his Nemo thrust sideways after firing. Johnathon thought to himself how quick he felt this fray would be after settling in his mind that there were only 4 Hizacks in the direct vicinity.
King Monkey

- Field P -
- Team 3 -

Jacob was still getting accustomed to his new weapons load so he was disappointed, but not surprised when his first shots didn't hit. The fact that Miller came rushing at him did make him quite nervous, though. He was reaching for his beam saber to meet the man's charge when Angelina radioed him and came rushing to his rescue. Then, he just smiled. He had complete faith in Celeste's close combat abilities. She was the Pearl of the Shoal, after all and he was certain that he didn't have to worry about Miller anymore.

Hitting his verniers, he slid right so that he would pass behind Angelina and force their opponent to get past her to get to him. It was clear that Burke was in the most danger with two of the Titans coming after him. As the fire support member of their team, it was Jacob's job to take some of the heat off.

Slowing, he took careful aim, easing the targeting sights over Drossel's suit, adjusting for his motions and letting the computer help with the calculations. When the shot is just right, he fired and fired again, sending two 240MM shells hurtling through the void between them. And, just in case they weren't as accurate as he hoped, he popped off a round with his clay bazooka, too.

- Axis -
- Bindra Team -

Djorn's hands actually began to shake with excitement when he saw the rogue Titans Mobile Suit squad moving towards them. Finally, they would get a chance to strike a blow for the Principality. The foolish Titans were going to deliver them just the excuse they needed.

When one of the poor fools hit one of their booby trapped asteroids and killed himself, Djorn laughed, a laugh that only continued when the order to attack was given. He tapped his verniers to raise his Gaza C up above the asteroid he was hiding behind then gave it full thrust forward. Shooting forward in his Mobile Armor mode, he streaked towards the enemy like a monstrous, mechanical bird of prey. A bird of prey with talons. He fired a burst from each of the beam guns mounted in his suits legs at one of the damaged Hi-Zacks.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
ScornMandark

Dervish
- MS Hangar -

Rem cheered with the rest when Sagar fixed the fuzzing on the monitor. Since none of the Suits were coming in for repairs yet, everyone was watching half to watch the battle, half to see when they would need to prep the crash nets. Rem was trying to see the performance of the upgraded MS's that he and Dr. M had worked on, and it seemed they were doing fairly well. The pilots weren't quite used to the changes in the suits' reaction times, but they were adapting quickly. One thing did catch his eye, however.

He remarked quietly to the Dr. "Those blue ones are new. One of ours?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
wonton bob

-Delta Team-
-Ltjg.Kyle Roberts-

Kyle was already on top of things when his threat display popped up indicating that his mobile suit had been locked and fired upon. Spinning his suit to the left to avoid Tanner's shots, Kyle's comm came to life with a garbled transmission from Cara.

"**erts! **mzzz above us!"

Kyle could understand the situation from Cara's frantic voice. But now wasn't the time to hold a newbies hand. Sorry ensign, it's every man on his own now.

Gritting teeth and firing all his thrusters at maximum up to full acceleration, Kyle fired two shots at Tanner while his Barzam caught a beam saber that ejected from its forearm.

"It's time to fully test this high performance piece of sh--!"

-Gamma team-
-Ltjg.Jason Drossel-

Jason closed the gap as Burke stumbled to get control of his suit. Determined to rid himself of this menace, he ignored Burke's shot that shaved the top half of his shield mounted on the right forearm. Jason was able to fire two quick shots before alarms of incoming rang aloud, forcing him to break off his chase and use evasive maneuvers to narrowly avoid 240mm shells. Unfortunately a third round wasn't detected until it was almost on top of him. Boosting back wards he frantically opened up his vulcans on the incoming shell.

"RRRAAGHHH!!"

The round exploded meters away still inducing major damage. As the mobile suit jolted, shrapnel pierced the suit in several places causing an automatic distress flare to go up. The explosion also sent the Marasai flying on a barrel roll out of the immediate vicinity leaving behind fragments of the right arm and beam rifle. The final actions of the on board comp was to automatically send any battle information to the fleet.

- Hamburg Team -
- P Sector -

Seeing his initial threat being taken care of by Al, Bernard choose to ignore Faraday's suit and refocus on Lt. Robin's and Melton's suit. Bernard fired another 2 shots from his beam rifle at Lt. Robin while his cannon attained a locked on Ens. Melton. Gripping a special trigger, Bernard let loose the 240mm cannon on Melton's unsuspecting Hizack.

- Axis -
- Bindra Team -

Matthew momentarily freezes when he sees the Titan suits go after the Bindra. It wasn't fear that stopped him but a rush of adrenaline that spread throughout his body. All of their suits appeared to be damaged to various degrees. They seemed to have ignored him and focus only on the Bindra. Already in mobile armor mode, Matthew decides to attack to last Hizack from behind. Turning his Gaza-C around he takes careful aim and fires the knuckle buster at the back of the last Hizack.

"Finally, a step towards rebuilding our sovereignty!" Matthew proclaims as he smiles at what appears to him as a step closer to connect with the past.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

((OOC: I'm posting the following on behalf of Ziryab because of login problems.))

>Axis<
>Bindra<
>bridge<

Who is--was that!? Raquel's hands suddenly gripped the helm's steering. The dark complexion of her skin flushing bright about her knuckles while behind her the captain became an instant flurry of motion and shouting from an uncorked bottle. A "that old feeling" sort of grin wanted to crease upon Raquel's lips as a battle was about to break out. Like an old experienced sensation returning to her body and her body not forgetting how to perform.

"What?!" An incredulous Raquel huffed in Pizal's ear as her body suddenly seized up when he ordered for her to prepare the Komousai shuttle. She almost rose from her seat, less from obeying the order and more from a probable sense of manifest contempt. Instead, Raquel returned her eyes forward to the scene outside. Hopefully, she thought to herself, she wasn't scowling--Pizal, a veteran himself?

A full out retreat? Now? This early? She wanted to question her commanding officer. Absurd! She was frowning, and was not Pizal among those hoping for some fight, she tried to recall. And now it seem he was panicking at the mere flicker of a light, a single nearby explosion. That little faith in our pilots? In our crew? Untested as very very many of them were; a first time real life combat situation for the majority of this team.

"Sir...," Raquel's words began to hang in the zero-gravity space of the bridge as she quietly replied to her commanding officer. Yet her body was still glued to the helm and partially conscious of what she was doing began to steer the Bindra's bow in the direction of the nearby explosion where the attack would likely come from and thus bring all of the ship's forward weaponery to bear.

"Shall we proceed to fall back towards the nearest AEUG vessel in this field so we can safely deploy the Komusai?" Whispering in a consipratory volume while trying to not come across as disobedient let alone challenging. Let alone allow a condescendingly hissing alternative slither into his ear.

"They can provide us some measure of distraction and safety if while we prepare. They still are our allies for now." Maybe they could even navigate about the asteroids towards the AEUG as they did so and recall their mobile suit team closer to the ship, she thought to herself .
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Fritz Ashlyn

((OOC: I'm posting the following on behalf of Xvlai because of login problems.))

- Gate of Zedan, P Field –
- Beta Team –

Sven’s Marasai hurtled through space towards the Dias that had fired the rockets. He tried to keep his eyes on the team directly in front of him but loose beams and projectiles flew past him from all directions. If I don’t watch myself; I may just be killed by a loose round. That new Rick Dias is dangerous; I will need to close quickly to negate its missiles. Rolling his Marasai Sven brought his left shoulder around; so his Marasai presented a smaller profile and had added forward protection.

Scanning over the three targets Sven tried to formulate a plan; The Dias he had opened fire on had avoided all of the incoming fire but had no chance for a return salvo, the other enemy Dias was moving to intercept Constantine, the final Dias stayed towards the rear of their formation. His eyes lingered on the final Dias as he tried to process what he saw; this Dias must too be a new model type, the large cannon certainly gave it away. With a sudden indrawn breath Sven realized the thing was aimed at him, his breath was only accented by his fire indicator blaring at him. Knowing he had scant seconds to life Sven fired his chest thrusters and hoped he would sidestep the rounds. The first beam flew past where he had been, the second beam caught his shoulders shield near the top and left a long dark burn mark that bored into the middle of his shield, and the cannon round flew harmlessly by scant feet from his Marasai. The maneuver left him slightly shaken with a shield that could not sustain much more fire and on a new course.

Split up, unable to support each other, and with that other new model Dias providing support; Sven and Constantine would not last long without Wolf’s support. Burning his thrusters for a second Sven moved his Marasai onto a new trajectory that would take him between the two enemies Rick Dias and leave him in a perfect position to attack the new Dias with the cannon. He continued to swerve away from the Dias with the rockets; but his new path would take him dangerously close to the Dias intercepting Constantine. A smile crossed Sven’s face, perhaps Constantine and he could neutralize it quickly as he passed it by and make this fight more even. As he moved closer he took a quick pop shot off at the Dias that was attacking Constantine.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Attomoku

Gamma Team-

Nick was about to be in his element as he closed with Clute, he rolled around the harassment shots not slowing down and ignited his saber. About then the computer registered the fragmented final data transmission of Drossel’s suit and announced the loss signal of the Marasai on his HUD.
Now Nick bayed for blood, pissed that he may now be outnumbered two to one and desperate because of it. He maxed the afterburners and went after Clute, who he had in his sights, with a furious slash from his saber, intending to gut the suit from stem to stern.

Buxoro Team-

“*ha* *he *ell?! ** I loo* *** I need *** *eople’* *elp ***e? **** **** wh** I **k for **u!”.
Lt. Robin didn’t catch much from Kamek but got the picture pretty clear.
“Well a fine f**k you to you too sir” he muttered to himself
One of Bernard’s two beam rifle shots lanced toward him but went wide and he ducked the second, however the shell from the 240mm found its mark smashing though the Hizack’s left elbow nearly severing it. Only one of power cables kept the forearm, with shield still attached, connected to the suit.
When it hit Robin was buffeted as the suit began to spin. He tried correcting but the additional mass hanging by a thread played havoc with the AMBAC.

Ens. August saw the Lieutenant get hit and spin out. He reached out and arrested the unchecked motions of his superior’s suit as he flew near and tore the severed limb clean off. Elijah gave his thanks as Tyler boosted away, not wanting to make a bigger target.
"He* **., ca* I g*t * hand he*e!"
“I’ll help him Sir” said Tyler hearing Faraday’s request for aid and moved towards Aaron’s position snapping off two rounds at Al as well.

“Right” Robin replied and now balanced again took off towards Bernard. The second salvo of beams from him were not particularly well aimed as he was trying to split targets but the AMBAC was still adjusting and he clumsily dodged the beams, with one coming within 3 meters of the right shoulder shield and pealing the anti beam coating. He retaliated with 2 shots of his own and a pair of missiles.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Gate of Zedan, P Field -

- The Kirov -
- Bridge -

“Captain,” Gojiro spoke up. He was still manning his radar station, but had primarily switched over to monitoring communications and data relay between the friendly units in the area. Trent nodded for him to go ahead and he reported, “Information from the Latium by way of Zedan Control - AEUG mobile suits are pressing S Field and have begun to enter P Field through Juliet‘s area of control. And there are reports that…”. He hesitated and suddenly looked a little green around the gills, but he nervously licked his lips and finished, “…there are reports that the Zeta Gundam has been spotted among the enemy units crossing into P Field,”. Trent sat bolt upright and said, “Confirm it!”. His mind began to race as the bridge crew began to nervously talk amongst themselves. Gojiro shook his head and said, “Sir, control double checked it before they sent it to us,”.

Trent suddenly felt like the Kirov was a huge lumbering target and his command chair was the bullseye. “Stay calm, it won’t help anyone to panic,” he thought as he checked Echo’s positioning again and saw the Minovsky density was up to 58% around the ships. The incoming fire from the 4th was still being rendered mostly harmless, but there were only 8 of their own mobile suits left in the immediate are to defend the fleet. Friendly units were still passing through, but having less than ten suits dedicated to protecting them would be disastrous if the pilot of the Zeta Gundam chose to attack. On the other hand… “If I pull any of our teams back, we’ll let the AEUG push deeper into P Field and they’ll be even harder to drive back if they get within range of the ships,”. Trent’s grip tightened on his chair’s armrests as he ordered, “Tell the observers to watch for the Zeta Gundam, and pass word along to the other ships. If we’re pressed too hard we’ll send a distress call out to all friendlies in the area,”.

Where he stood near the captain’s chair, Chief Kellman cleared his throat. Trent turned to him and waved him closer. “Sir, there is another report that our observers confirmed less than a minute ago. Three experimental mobile suits from Taskforce Juliet are also moving into P Field. We’re not sure what model they are or why they’re here,” he said, his voice low and even. Trent frowned at the news. As far as he knew Juliet shouldn’t have any experimental designs. “Besides that,” he thought, looking up at the view of Juliet’s precarious hold on their position in S Field, “the taskforce is in trouble. Why are three new mobile suits moving away from S Field?”. Mortimer clasped his hands behind his back and said, “Sir, it seems strange to me. Unless the new suits are pursuing the Zeta Gundam, they would seem to have no business moving away from S Field if the Latium is in distress,”. Trent nodded, “That’s just what I was thinking. Perhaps they’ll distract the AEUG enough to keep us safe,”.

Fyodor called out, “Captain! The observers saw one of our suits deploy a distress flare,”. Trent fell back into his seat and shook his head. There wasn’t much they could do for their pilots at the moment. He looked back up at the bank of monitors and watched as the Latium took a rough hit to its rear section. He hoped that the Kirov wouldn’t have to make use of its distress flares any time soon.

- Alpha Team -

“Yes. That’s it!” Stukov bellowed, encouraging Wes as he began to put up stiffer resistance. He turned his Marasai around again so that he was traveling forward in the correct way, and executed a quick turnaround to come at the B-Type Rick Dias as Wes fired back. He dipped down under the first shot, skidded left out of the way of the second and rolled past the third, putting his shield in a spot to ensure he was protected. The whole time he kept his eyes locked on his enemy as he waited for another missile swarm or a different maneuver to come his way. When Wes brought out a beam saber, Stukov was close enough to see it. He laughed, spurred on by the challenge, and called out, “You want to do it the hard way, yes? I’ll humor you, AEUG,”.

A beam saber slid into his Marasai’s free hand and ignited but he kept his distance, firing another pair of shots at Wes to goad him into acting. “Pardon me if I don’t come closer, большие бедра, but I haven’t forgotten about those missile packs,” he said, keeping his mobile suit on the move. If he was going to get into a beam saber fight, Wes would have to prove he was willing to close the gap and take initiative. He glanced at a different part of his HUD that showed a low quality IFF readout and noticed ghosted indicators that had more friendly units incoming. His face remained stony and unmoved at the prospect of more Titans in the area. More pests to get in his way and make things complicated. If he had his way he would take on every enemy with minimal necessary assistance until they were all gone.

Above him, Leandro was forced to abandon his next shot. “Ay, am I that annoying?” he complained as Eddie and Marvin continued to concentrate their efforts on him. One of Eddie’s beam rifle shots came close enough that he was forced to release his grip on the beam launcher and sacrifice it to get clear. It exploded in front of his machine as he hit verniers to stabilize his backwards momentum. “¡Maldia sea!” he clucked at the loss of his main weapon. “Now what?” he thought, looking around to figure out his next move. Without a ranged weapon he wanted no part of fighting two Rick Diases, but running from them outright would pit his speed against theirs. He drew his beam saber but left it turned off. “Grace, where are you?” he asked after a moment of hesitation. Asking Stukov for help didn’t thrill him.

“*kHz**ey there. 106CS. **bzzz**ou with Taskforce Echo?”

He was puzzled for a moment at the voice that crackled through the radio, but he let out a whoop as a trio of Hizacks flew past him. It was cut off abruptly when one of them was cleaved in half by a beam provided by a Nemo that had arrived in the vicinity. “Guys, we’ve got company. And it’s not all good,” he said on Alpha’s channel. Taking advantage of the moment of confusion, he plucked the destroyed Hizack’s beam rifle out of space where it was slowly spinning away from the debris. “Better than nothing,” he said, moving into a dive that would take him back closer to the battle below him. He fired a shot at Marvin to test his aim as he continued his approach.

Grace was relieved to see that she now only had to deal with Ian, but his continued attack didn’t make things much easier. She adjusted her angle of flight to let the bazooka round sail above her, but had to change her speed and make use of a creative vernier burn or two to dance around the first two cannon shots. As the third streaked in, she slowed to a near stop to turn in and come at Ian. The cannon round flew past her on the left and somewhere behind her it slammed into a hapless Hizack, blowing its torso open and sending it into a dead, smoking spin. Things were starting to get crowded as more defense units launched from the Gate of Zedan and the AEUG pushed further through S and P Fields. She would have to pay closer attention to things around her… and hope for some good luck. As she accelerated at Ian in the hopes of making it harder for him to hit her with the cannon, she fired two beam rifle shots back at him.

- Beta Team -

Wolf ground his teeth at all the partially garbled noise coming from Pan Heyden. “Shut up!” he blurted as he put his Marasai into a diving roll that carried him past the trio of shots aimed his way. He leveled out his machine and demanded, “Where is Fritz Ashlyn?”. He didn’t care whether his opponent could clearly hear him through the interference or not. This person had caused Sven an annoying measure of trouble the last time they had fought the 4th Squadron, and killing him would doubtlessly bring Ashlyn out from wherever he was hiding. “Death will quiet you,” he said, firing another beam launcher shot at Pan. They were getting close enough that soon continuing to use the launcher would be dangerous.

Constantine turned his quick evasive into a course change, and he watched as Sven pushed ahead on a path that would take him through the attacking group of Rick Diases. “Whoa! Be careful, sir!” he said, staying on the move to avoid making himself the obvious target. His wingman’s bold move caused a moment of disorder among their enemies, and he used the opening to move up behind Sven and follow up his attack with two shots of his own aimed at Jim. If he could distract or destroy the missile toting suit, it would make things easier on the team.

- Delta Team -

“Oh no!” Cara whined as she pushed her Barzam to the limit to avoid Ramon and Thibaut’s dual assault. A couple of shots provided by Adam Trask made things even trickier as she was forced to accelerate her MS in a sort of boost-assisted stumble to keep them from hitting her. Hard AE had kept his word, as the attack was indeed hard. Dealing with the two Nemos on her own was a daunting task, but it had become apparent to her that her teammates were busy dealing with their own problems. One of Thibaut’s cannon rounds came so close to her that it clipped the top of her suit’s head fin. “Back off!” she yelled (not very menacingly) as she fired several shots at Ramon to keep him at a distance.

Meanwhile, Picard Kamek’s problems were rapidly compounding. Mello was more than his equal at close range combat, and he had barely managed to block the AEUG lieutenant’s counterattack. When Mello pushed him away, the only thing that saved him from being vaporized by Randy Emington was him calling out, “Oh, I got you!!”. Kamek’s vision darted upwards at the sound and light. “W-what?!” he stammered, jerking his controls clumsily to avoid the beam. It speared through the space between him and Lt. Mello’s Nemo, burning through his Barzam’s right foot and doing minimal damage to the ankle. He was about to angrily respond to Randy when he remembered what he had been in the middle of before the interruption. A flash of movement and the glow of a beam saber drew his gaze back down to his normal eye level.

“N-no!” he protested, manhandling the sticks to move his own weapon into a block. His Barzam’s right arm raised up and attempted to angle his saber across his body to protect him. Things seemed to slow down as his second-rate melee skill left him with his saber in a bad position. Mello’s beam hit his and then slid down the length of it because of the angle, until the two beam sabers jerked away from each other as the side of the AEUG pilot’s blade reached the point of Kamek’s and cut deep into his Barzam’s torso. The sudden and inadvertent thrust forward buried his own beam saber in the chest of Corey Mello’s Nemo.

“What?! I’m a newty--”

Picard was reduced to heat and light as Mello’s beam saber slid cleanly through his Barzam’s midsection. He did not see time. There were no bright colors or distant voices. Lt. Picard “M-Hover” Kamek, oldtype earthnoid, passed into the next world with no mind expanding revelations. His pilot-less mobile suit reeled into an impossible backbend as it slowly split in half, and Mello’s Nemo creaked forward with it. Propellant in Picard’s suit began to explode, and soon both suits were consumed in a violent fireball.

- Herakles Team -

“Heh, that’s more like it,” Lt. Weeks said as he saw his attack force Archer into a more predictable pattern. His foe recovered faster than he anticipated, however, and he had to execute a snap evasive that let him dip around the first beam but carried him into the path of the second. Rick’s second shot blew through the Hizack’s left arm below the shoulder, tearing the limb off. “Damn it!” he complained, fighting the controls to correct the sudden wobble introduced into his movement. His HUD beeped a warning and displayed the damage to his suit. Dealing with the aftermath of the hit prevented him from immediately countering the shots.

Court, meanwhile, was suddenly aware of Ltjg. Miller’s presence when the Nemo opened fire on him as he tried to pass him to get at the rear units in the Balrampur Team. One of the shots reduced his small shield to slag as he was taken partially by surprise, and he fought his suit into a climb so he could fire down at his enemy. “Jackass...” he quipped, firing off a burst from his 120mm at the Nemo. If he could get him on the defensive, he could move in to hit him with his heavier weapons.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Fritz Ashlyn

“Sir, this area is being defended by Taskforce Echo. There’s major fighting going on here too,” Dokken said as the three blue suits cruised into P Field. “Lieutenant, there is a large AEUG force engaged with friendly mobile suits near here,” Krokus added, bringing up data and an image of the 4th and Echo’s MS teams battling each other. The pilot of the lead machine drummed his fingers on a control panel to an unheard beat, seemingly ignoring his teammates’ information. They weren‘t sure if he heard them or not as he mumbled something to himself while he thought. “If you kill me it's self defense, if I kill you then I call it vengeance… Spit in your eye, I will defy… You'll be afraid when I call out your name…”

Dokken and Krokus both simultaneously slowly leaned forward as they strained to hear their CO while they waited to see what his reaction would be. They both recoiled in surprise when he suddenly reacted, “Right! Let’s do this! Music, start!”. He slipped a minidisc into the custom player installed alongside his controls, and soon the sounds of classical heavy metal boomed out of speakers mounted to either side of his head at an ear-splitting volume. A popup display in his HUD appeared, showing the volume control rolling all the way up to 11. “Dokken! Krokus! I want action!” he ordered, gesturing for them to follow as he swooped into a dive that would take them into the thick of the battle. “Yes sir, Lt. Dolk,” the girls responded.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Bridge -

Capt. Abbey picked up his beeping handset as he continued to watch the brawl going on in front of the fleet and was connected to the petty officer in charge of the port side observers. “Captain, it looks like that Axis ship we spotted earlier is getting some attention from the Titans. We’re seeing increased thruster flares and at least one explosion in the last minute or so,” he reported. Abbey turned in his seat to look at the monitor displaying the zoomed in view of the Bindra, but it didn’t seem to be in any sort of distress as it slowly turned in place. “They haven’t asked for assistance, and we aren’t really obligated to help them unless they do,” Abbey said with a shrug after a moment of watching the orange ship maneuver. Watching the Endra-class reminded him how ugly he thought the orange color scheme was. “Then again,” he thought with a wry smile, “I have no right to complain from a bondi blue and red warship,”.

“Sir,” Jane spoke up and turned in her seat, “There are friendly mobile suits from the main force moving into P Field from where the Argama and Radish were successful in S Field,”. From the main windows, Barrique added, “That’s not all,”. He lowered his binoculars and turned to face the captain’s chair. “It looks like there are more Titans mobile suits moving into P Field from the Gate of Zedan itself. I think they’re preparing for the main evacuation,” he explained, gesturing towards the asteroid base. Abbey nodded and rubbed his chin as he considered what the Titans next move would be. The countdown on the main display had ticked down to 42:10:00, and the AEUG fleet had yet to spot the Dogosse Gier reemerge from the Gate of Zedan. “Whatever they do, we’ll be ready…”

- Hangar -

Dr. M adjusted his glasses through the open faceplate of his normal suit as the monitor cleared up thanks to Chief Polk’s handy “repair” skills. “Those blue ones are new. One of ours?” Rem asked quietly as the view swept past several Barzams. The doctor squinted at the less than stellar picture quality and then shook his head. “No, I don’t believe so. I’m not really familiar with it,” he said, trailing off into thoughtful mumbling as he started to mentally take notes.

- Team 1 -

Fritz held off on firing another bazooka round at Constantine as Sven rushed between him and Jim. “What is he doing?” Fritz muttered as he turned his MS in place to keep an eye on the passing Marasai. Constantine came on behind him, and Fritz was trying to settle his targeting reticule on Pendragon’s suit when he froze as he realized why Sven had blown past him and MacAlpin. “Michiko!” he said, angry that he had failed to immediately read Sven’s intent and react to the daring move. Instead of firing, he turned his slow forward movement into a sharp u-turn and accelerated after Haksson, leaving Jim to face Constantine on his own without a second thought.

Even if he still couldn’t get a direct shot at Wolf, this Marasai pilot was probably one of his toadies within Echo. He angrily added speed, trying to line up a shot on the fly as he came up behind Sven. “Leave her alone, you Ritter flunky!” he growled, letting his flight path arc to the right to avoid Sven‘s harassment fire. He fired an explosive round at Haksson to emphasize his demand.

Michiko was temporarily exited at the hit she scored on Sven, but she suddenly felt exposed and stuck in a slow-moving suit when he plowed between Fritz and Jim and headed straight for her. As Sven came at her and fired a shot at Fritz she pushed down on the control pedals, firing the C-Type’s thrusters to accelerate out of her slow crawl where she had taken up a firing position. “Stay back!” she said, firing a hastily aimed cannon round at Sven and following it up with a beam pistol shot. The C-Type equipment was optimized for fighting at medium to long range, and if he got much closer the cannon would be difficult to use properly at all. If he got too close, she would be forced to use the pistol and beam saber and the added mass of the cannon would prove difficult to get used to quickly. “I need some help here,” she said, hoping Fritz would help her drive him back.

- Team 3 -

Luke Burke maintained a white knuckle grip on his controls as he made his way through the last volley of return fire from Jason Drossel. The initial rumble with Gamma Team had been rough, but it looked like he was temporarily in the clear as he used his B-Type equipment’s maneuverability to weave past the two beams. “Hahaha! Yeah!” he yelled as he saw Jason get blindsided by Markado’s support fire, and he finally relaxed a little as the Marasai rolled away and appeared to be neutralized. “Let’s do this,” he said, steeling himself as he prepared to rejoin the battle where the rest of the team was fighting. He lined up a shot at Nick but held off when he saw how close he was getting to Clute. “I’m coming, guys. I’ve still got plenty of fuel to burn,” he said as he skidded into a turn and came back around to get back into the thick of things.

Clute watched expectantly as Nick accelerated to top speed, a bright thruster flare blossoming out from the back of his Marasai’s backpack. He felt the beam saber ignite as Nick continued to charge at him. It’s warmth radiated across space into his body. Somewhere someone was watching him. Clute’s jaw set at the feeling of rage and pressure emanating from Nick’s oncoming mobile suit, and he drew and ignited his own beam saber.

it’s a killing machine

There. Clute exhaled sharply as his migraine intensified. He managed to raise his beam saber and block Nick’s savage attack, locking the weapons against each other. The image of Celeste’s face flashed across his consciousness as the beams made contact. “Who are you?” Clute asked, pushing back against Te’Litha. His own voice echoed inside his head, and he felt his heartbeat pounding in his temples.

Celeste managed to keep Miller away from Jacob long enough for him to fire another few rounds at Gamma, but she didn’t see the outcome. She looked around her panoramic display to find Clute’s Rick Dias to see how he and Luke were faring, and saw him locked up with the striped Marasai. “Nick?” she said, surprised that they had run into him again in the middle of this giant engagement. If she could just get another chance to talk to him… “Jacob, heads up. I’m moving in to help Clute. Be careful of this third Marasai,” she warned as she moved away from Markado’s C-Type and headed for Clute and Nick.

- New Yark Team -

Mello had a smile on his face right up to the moment he realized Kamek’s beam saber was about to hit his cockpit and there was no time to do anything about it. The melee attack had been well executed, but Picard’s counter was sloppy and it turned into horrible luck for both men. He shivered as he watched the brightness fill his vision, but he was not afraid. “Why here…?” He was long gone by the time his Nemo was consumed by the chain explosion sparked by the destruction of Kamek’s Barzam. The reactor went up, turning the dual explosion into an even larger ball of heat and energy. Debris flew away from both suits, creating an expanding cloud of mangled and broken parts.

Ramon was in mid-dance move dodging one of Cara’s shots, and was about to respond to her threat when the destruction of his friend and CO’s Nemo caught his attention in his peripheral vision. “…Corey?” he said, all of the normal over-the-top energy and eccentricity gone from his voice. He stopped moving as he watched Mello’s mobile suit get consumed by its explosion. One of Cara’s beams passed so close to his Nemo’s head that it shattered the visor. “Corey!” he yelled, abruptly changing course and speeding straight for where his Nemo had been, leaving Thibaut alone in his attack. “Sir! Ramon!” Thibaut said, confused by Hard AE’s sudden change as he continued to close in on the Barzam.

“Ah, Jesus,” Ens. Tanner said as he saw his CO go down off behind the oncoming Kyle Roberts. His jaw set and he maneuvered through Roberts’ shots with a twisting roll that let his Nemo stay in a ‘GM pose’ as he stayed on course. “You’ll pay for that, Titan,” he said, firing another two shots at Kyle.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Fritz Ashlyn

The lead pilot in the damaged Marasai snorted derisively as Graden transformed into MA mode and came straight at his wingman who still had a machinegun. It looked like they were all heading right for them, just like most of the suits surrounding the Gwadan had. If they hadn’t been there in such huge numbers and supported by the AEUG, they could have torn them to shreds. “Second chance here, boys,” he said aloud, moving forward to get closer so he could make use of his remaining weapon. The Hizack with its 120mm and both arms bobbed up and then below Graden’s first bursts of beam fire and responded with a clipped burst of return fire. He was already low on ammo, and didn’t want to waste it all on the first Gaza-C he came across. The one-armed Hizack with only a beam saber managed to use a skidding turn to avoid Nikolai’s attack, but he was too far away to retaliate.

“You just wait, you Zeke bastard,” the pilot growled as he accelerated in Tuzenbach’s direction, saber ignited and at the ready. One Axis mobile suit on its own was not enough to scare him away, even though he had sustained substantial damage and lacked a main weapon. The other Hizack, a unit with it’s left arm locked into place from damage gripping its nearly-empty machinegun, continued moving in Djorn’s direction as the young pilot opened fire. He moved his suit’s torso into an awkward position to line up a shot and fired off the last of his 120mm ammo at Djorn’s Gaza-C before he peeled away from his course down and to the left. Unfortunately for him, he maneuvered straight into Korbel’s attack from the rear, and his Hizack was speared through the torso and exploded. “Damn it, be careful!” the Marasai pilot growled through his teeth as he saw his wingman go down. He turned around, heading for Korbel’s suit intending to skewer him with his beam saber.

- The Bindra -
- Bridge -

“What?” Raquel huffed, taken aback at the captain’s order. "Sir...," she began as she reoriented the ship, “Shall we proceed to fall back towards the nearest AEUG vessel in this field so we can safely deploy the Komusai? They can provide us some measure of distraction and safety if while we prepare. They still are our allies for now,”. A hint of a snarl crept onto Capt. Wald’s face as he drew himself up to his relatively impressive full height. He replied, quietly enough that only Raquel would hear but just harshly enough to get his point across, “I said get the Komusai ready. I didn’t say I was going to deploy it,”. Then he looked a little humbled and crossed his arms, like he regretted taking that tone with her. Almost like an ashamed child he sheepishly added, “This is my first time doing this,”. With most of his blush gone, he cleared his throat and responded louder, “Turn us to port and keep us oriented towards the enemy. Mind the dummy asteroids and give us some rear thrust to move us closer to that AEUG unit,”. He quickly added, “...Not too close,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Lans

- Hamburg Team -
- Near P Field -

- Alfred

Just when Al got the lock-on tone, he got a different tone which reminded him of something bad was going to happen. He glimpsed to the top right corner of his screen and his hand spring into action by evading sideways. The evasive action threw his body to the right from the momentum but it was effective.

For a moment he saw Aaron’s shots sailed harmlessly to his right. With the master-caution threat still beeping, Al was forced to pull back from his advance. Not a moment too soon, Tyler’s shots slammed nearby. Overwhelmed by the attack, Al chose to ignore Faraday and fall back toward Bernard’s position.

By chance Tyler’s Hizack popped up in his HUD while Al reoriented his Nemo. He got a lock and pulled the trigger twice. And then he spotted trails of smoke from and he shouted, “Bernard, MISSILES!”

- Randy

Emington was terrified by the finale of the death match in front of him. He saw the beam saber sliced through Picard’s Barzam while Mello’s own Nemo pierced by Barzam’s beam saber. Eruption starting to form and Randy knew what’s going to happen. He also knew he was way too close for comfort.

For a second Randy tried to pull anything he could do to stop his advance and get his ass out of there. The verniers were working hard and he’s starting to get away on the cost of vibration and negative g. The next second Randy realized it was not enough to get away.

He braced for impact, using his shielded left side to cover the body. Picard’s Barzam starting to erupted into a fireball. Randy drew the beam saber by instinct. Mello’s Nemo exploded and together blasting fire and debris all over their position.

His shield blocked the rampaging fire. Before Randy knew, his shield blocked a piece of debris. Almost deforming the shield and knocking the hell out of him. “Damn!” he cursed under his breath after feeling the shock. For him it felt like being hit on the jaw.

Emington pulled out into safety. Just when he changed direction and disengage his verniers, he saw a chunk of metal flew toward his Nemo. He made miscalculation thinking that it was harmless, when he put more thrust into his main thrusters he realized his mistake. The thing like a piece of broken MS arm lanced toward the side of his Nemo.

With the shield off position, he only had a single chance to kick it or to slash it using his saber. He opted for the saber, ignited the beam and slashed in a wide arc diagonally. Half of it flew outward from the impact. The other half collapsed into multiple scraps and showered into the Nemo. Like tiny shrapnel it slammed into several places and messing around with the sensors, leaving some dead spot on the panoramic screen.

The Nemo flew freely from the impact while its pilot trying to gather up his confidence back. Putting his mistake and the recent events aside, he moved forward. He saw the other unknown unit being engaged by two Nemos and left them behind. Bringing his thrusters to the max, Randy is going after his own team.