TftF Discussion Thread #4

Shop talk for any of the RPGs currently running on the forum.

Moderators: Cardi Doorl, mcred23, Fritz Ashlyn, Wedge14

Wedge14
Traitor Villain

Re: TftF Discussion Thread #4

Post by Wedge14 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:09 pm

i'm experimenting with something here. To make the Griffin seem a bit faster i'm going to be making smaller and more frequent posts.

So i'll have Pan make a move...then i'll wait for another post or two
then i'll have him fire....

Not sure if that'll make him seem fast or slow, now that i think about it haha!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 pm

So if anyone else is paying attention to the signup thread, they might've noticed Red and I reiterating that Axis signups are closed, only to see revised Axis profiles like we hadn't even said anything.

Confusing, right? Yeah, we've decided to temporarily open Axis signups again for a very limited number of slots before the current battle heats up too much. We're giving priority to backlogged Axis profiles, but there are more spots open if you have a Zeon character in mind you want to submit. Aside from the backlogged guys, we're giving priority to people who don't already have an Axis character.

Oh, and like the last time we opened the Axis roster we're allowing only one OYW-veteran character, and that spot's already taken, so please make a greenhorn if you throw in a Zeke profile.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!

Ziryab
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by Ziryab » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Yo. Sorry for my absence. But... Halloween festivities are over and I'm head throbbingly sober, for now. So expect a post from me sometime tomorrow yall.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Good to see you back, Ziryab :)

Anyway, announcement!

Since Fritz is having a hard time keeping up with RPing, the guys all had a discussion and he's decided to let the rest of the Trinary temporarily babysit much of his less-important characters, which comprise the bulk of the people he's RPing anyway. Just a heads-up so you all know we'll be getting this battle back in motion soon and not to be surprised that someone else is posting as people Fritz normally controls ;)

RPs coming soon!

Fritz Ashlyn
Traitor Villain

Post by Fritz Ashlyn » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:02 pm

I'll have posts up this weekend. I finally got through the bulk of my school and meetings and crap for the week... and then promptly got wonderfully sick. :(

Also, I'm starting to find it amusing that every time I tell people Celeste and Celeine are available to adopt, they sort of fidget and stare at the floor and I end up still controlling them. :P
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:14 pm

^
Except I agreed to take control of them this time? This is also the first time I've been present when they were available for babysitting so,

Inferno
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by Inferno » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:27 pm

So, pretty much any NPC is killable, am I correct? Or is it too early to start drawing blood?

wonton bob
HiMAT Spammer

Post by wonton bob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:28 pm

they're both high maintenance so I'd rather pull out my ass furs than deal with those two...
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Inferno wrote:So, pretty much any NPC is killable, am I correct? Or is it too early to start drawing blood?
Well, you can't call kills for free like at Maelstrom, but you can shoot them and see what happens ;) Given this is a long battle, though, don't expect them to die off quickly right off the bat.

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:43 am

Also, I presume you'd all like a map update. Shout at me if anything in it is all wrong or doesn't make sense to you.

Cybaster
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Cybaster » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:52 am

Cardi Doorl wrote:
Inferno wrote:So, pretty much any NPC is killable, am I correct? Or is it too early to start drawing blood?
Well, you can't call kills for free like at Maelstrom, but you can shoot them and see what happens ;) Given this is a long battle, though, don't expect them to die off quickly right off the bat.
Unless, that is, you manage to pull off a tricky multi-shot with multiple kinds of repeating weapons that pretty much means you're basically firing the UC-equivalent of the Strike Freedom Gundam HiMAT Spamming at them... :wink:

Note: Try this at your own risk.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!

Tangerine
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Tangerine » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:31 am

@blind_dead_mcjones: I think Trask respons was off since from Team 3 point of view they (we) should be nearer to the Barzam than to the Titans chasing Team 2. Cardi's map sort of confirmed this. If there are Hizacks chasing Team 2 then Team 1 is likely to met with them instead of us which is closer to New Yark Team.

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

^
Hm, mcjones's last RP only has Trask identifying Barzams without clarification then advising Irene not to waste ammo trying to shoot at them. He could very well be talking about either Beta Team or Gamma Team, both of which, as you say, aren't reasonably close to Team 3 but could plausibly be withing Trask's detection range. I don't know, we'd need mcjones to clarify I guess. It's significant, though, that he then had Trask and Wales shoot at the Hizacks from Herakles Team which certainly are closest to Team 3, so mcjones might not be as confused about the relative locations of MS teams as you think ;)

Anyway I'm working on a Titans RP after I clear out some other quick business!

Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 am

Oh, also IMPORTANT MATTER:

The guys and I have been sorting through some loose ends ever since we got this battle un-snagged, but there's one more matter that you, the public can help us with. Depending on how some things go within the next few days, we might have a handful of characters up for adoption soon, though I hesitate to name names and there are no guarantees. If any of you guys is willing/able to adopt a character on short notice PM one of us for details.

wonton bob
HiMAT Spammer

Post by wonton bob » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:48 pm

kind, loving homes only please.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great

blind_dead_mcjones
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:51 am

Tangerine wrote:@blind_dead_mcjones: I think Trask respons was off since from Team 3 point of view they (we) should be nearer to the Barzam than to the Titans chasing Team 2. Cardi's map sort of confirmed this. If there are Hizacks chasing Team 2 then Team 1 is likely to met with them instead of us which is closer to New Yark Team.
Cardi Doorl wrote:^
Hm, mcjones's last RP only has Trask identifying Barzams without clarification then advising Irene not to waste ammo trying to shoot at them. He could very well be talking about either Beta Team or Gamma Team, both of which, as you say, aren't reasonably close to Team 3 but could plausibly be withing Trask's detection range. I don't know, we'd need mcjones to clarify I guess. It's significant, though, that he then had Trask and Wales shoot at the Hizacks from Herakles Team which certainly are closest to Team 3, so mcjones might not be as confused about the relative locations of MS teams as you think ;)

Anyway I'm working on a Titans RP after I clear out some other quick business!
to help clarify

part of trask's response is due to the targeting information relayed to him by irene herself (which i assume would probably be a freeze frame of the barzam in question or something similar) the rest is as cardi said, at a stretch beta team would just be within detection range for his dias, what with it being more finely tuned for long range support fire (unless i've missed something vital in regards to the kanone dias) so he put 2 and 2 together and assumed she was firing at beta team
wonton bob wrote:kind, loving homes only please.
the NPC's of Tftf need Your help, for one post a day you can spare these constructs of fiction from a horrific demise in the blast of a mega particle beam, thats less than the cost of a cup of coffee, please give generously.
Flag Fighter for life!

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Ouroboric and Scorpius, you two had a couple of things wrong in your series of post that, given the way that converstation is going, are kind of important. First, it's no rumor that Char is in the AEUG, he admitted this to the entire world in the Dakar speech months ago. On the other side of things, the idea that the Zabis assassinated Zeon Zum Deikun isn't something that's public knowledge, it's something that Jimba Ral told lil' Sayla and Edward Mass on Earth. Also, no one knows Char killed any of the Zabis, as the Garma thing was in the line of duty (And technically, ol' Quattro didn't actually kill him :mrgreen:) and the Kycilia thing was lost in the utter chaos of the situation at A Baoa Qu at the time and no one knows Char did it.

So yeah, I'm not sure how that might changes your characters' views and comments, or if you two want to edit your posts or whatever, but it's worth keeping in mind as to what the characters themselves should and shouldn't know. :)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Inferno
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by Inferno » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah, plus even if they did know, Brutus would have likely administered field execu- er, "disciplinary actions" for treating anything other than Ghiren's official statements as fact. I think right now most of Axis sees Char like most Metal fans see Lars Ulrich- a sellout.

Ouroboric
AEUG Slapping Boy

Post by Ouroboric » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:24 pm

mcred23 wrote:Ouroboric and Scorpius, you two had a couple of things wrong in your series of post that, given the way that converstation is going, are kind of important. First, it's no rumor that Char is in the AEUG, he admitted this to the entire world in the Dakar speech months ago. On the other side of things, the idea that the Zabis assassinated Zeon Zum Deikun isn't something that's public knowledge, it's something that Jimba Ral told lil' Sayla and Edward Mass on Earth. Also, no one knows Char killed any of the Zabis, as the Garma thing was in the line of duty (And technically, ol' Quattro didn't actually kill him :mrgreen:) and the Kycilia thing was lost in the utter chaos of the situation at A Baoa Qu at the time and no one knows Char did it.

So yeah, I'm not sure how that might changes your characters' views and comments, or if you two want to edit your posts or whatever, but it's worth keeping in mind as to what the characters themselves should and shouldn't know. :)
I was going off the idea that some people may of doubted that that man was actually Char at Dakar, which is a fair doubt.I would expect that at least a few people at the time knew what actually was going on, what had actually happened, and that after 7 years, word of these things would spread, at least among spacenoids who were so close to Zeon like the Axis characters. The idea that the whole thing remained Char's little secret forever seems a bit absurd to me. And i don't recall people making statements about it one way or another in any of the tv series.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power

Inferno
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by Inferno » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Well, with Axis being loaded with Zabi loyalists, I doubt Char would confess his hatred of them there, otherwise I doubt he would be leaving that rock in anything other than a bodybag. Keep in mind that Char concealed his identity for roughly 10 years. I don't think it would be that harder to hide involvement in a few murders, especially murders with no witnesses. Yes, with the Dakar speech Char made his disdain obvious, but that's the only thing the people from Axis would know about him.