A Typical Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny

Your own tale of two mecha.
Folken Fanel

It wasn't all that I had hoped for, and I think you could;ve done better, but it was still funny.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Destroy Gundam

This is a masterpiece! Excellent work.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Bright Noa

Thundermuffin wrote:The problem with X was...I've seen maybe five episodes of it. So I tried not to use characters I couldn't get much of a handle on.

Killing them off quickly or not dealing with them at all were my only options. And there were a few Gundam X jokes I wanted in there, like the nobody cares/notices thing.
Yeah....would have liked to see a joke about Newtype dolphins in there.....but, it was a good effort nonetheless.

Quoting this:
Thundermuffin wrote:DOZLE: (Laughs) Once we mass-produce the Big Zam-

EVERYBODY BELOW: (Interrupts) WE KNOW!!!
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Poochi

Brilliant, and such a fine command of the English language too.
KIRA: (Between sobs) He, ahughhh! He hit me, ahuhuhghuhgh!
You actually managed to nail that onomatopoeia :shock:
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Blue Comet

Always a great time reading these at late hours :)

I agree with Antares about the music bit. That was pure gold! Only someone with comedic writing skills as brilliant as yours could pull something like that off so well.

Though i still love the "Plans are for Cowards" bit, i just HAD to change my sig for this. Though I couldn't get all of what i wanted due to sig restrictions, i still plan to use it for a good long time.

Once again, I tip my "hat" to you. :lol: I will forever be a fan of your work.
Thundermuffin

As always, thanks for the praise, criticism and encouragement, everyone.

This was basically me trying to utlize all the remaining material i DIDN'T use in the initial six parts. And it initially wasn't nearly enough to warrant another chapter.

Then I decided to include characters from other Gundam series to expand and open up for some more jokes and it rapidly evolved into what I eventually posted here.

It didn't come out as well-paced as I felt the others were, but that's probably because I had a set outline with the others; following the TV show's plots.

In any case, for now, this is it. I'm tapped out for the moment. I've pretty much said what I wanted to say about Destiny, and also kind of regurgitated and compiled what everyone else has said about Destiny into a humorous and entertaining form. Not to say I won't ever write something like this again, quite the contrary, I've already got a few options and ideas for something else in a similar vein. But I'll probably not be working on it for awhile.

So, before getting even more long-winded, thanks again and let me say I'm fairly honored in a geeky way that i wrote something that was "stickied" on a message board. Thanks, mods!
Folken Fanel

You're welcome. I hope to see more of your stuff around here. (I was the one who stickied it. The thank you is for me!)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Thundermuffin

Folken Fanel wrote:You're welcome. I hope to see more of your stuff around here. (I was the one who stickied it. The thank you is for me!)
(Deflects "thank you" towards Folken)

Just don't let the edge of that break off and kill you. :wink:
solid snake

Comedy gold as always. It was interesting to see so many characters interacting with each other. You clearly have talent and I look forward to reading whatever you may write in the future.

But one question. What's "Toonami logic"?
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Thundermuffin

solid snake wrote:Comedy gold as always. It was interesting to see so many characters interacting with each other. You clearly have talent and I look forward to reading whatever you may write in the future.

But one question. What's "Toonami logic"?
Basically, "if you're old, you're worthless".

Just a little bit of a in-poke at a group of radical posters at an old message board I used to visit who constantly decried the original MSG when it began airing on Toonami. Basically, Gundam Wing was better to them because it was "new" and MSG was bad because it was "old". The Toonami of late has apparently subscribed to this theory now, do they even show classic cartoons anymore?
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

That would be a big, fat NO. Which really sucks.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Toxicity

Kickass ThunderMuffin! Great Work as always. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

and Nu-Lib, adult swim is still airing Lupin the 3rd if that counts as classic anime.
EZero8

Toxicity wrote:and Nu-Lib, adult swim is still airing Lupin the 3rd if that counts as classic anime.
I wouldnt quite count Adult Swim to be Toonami. :P

EDIT: #2900 woot!
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Android raptor

You killed Space AIDS! Why does everyone have to kill him off! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Destroy Gundam

Android raptor wrote:You killed Space AIDS! Why does everyone have to kill him off! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Because he's evil?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Bright Noa

Android raptor wrote:You killed Space AIDS! Why does everyone have to kill him off! :cry: :cry: :cry:
It's fun to kill him off?
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Android raptor

It's no fun when it happens in every fanfic he's featured in, some of which are Mary-Sues written by 14 year old girls.
mcred23

Face it AR, you're the only one who likes him. :P

Anyway, forcing this thread back to it's wonderful topic, I yet again loved the latest stuff. The addition of the UC characters worked in most cases, although there were one or two bits I wasn't happy with. Overall, it was great and highly enjoyable, but compared to the earlier stuff, it's not as good (Then again, topping Episode 6 is nearly impossibile).

For the fun of it...

*Mod Approved*
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Android raptor

Wish I could write even a decent fanfic. Posted my only somewhat good fic and got no replies. I suck.
Ascension

A WHOLE lot of people on this forum don't read/comment on any of the fanfics... A great many will only read a fanfic if, like Thundermuffin's, it is favorably commented on/quoted in other portions of the forum. THEN they come and read it, but only it. Fanfics need critical acclaim in order to attract any attention on this site.

The goodness/badness of the fic is really not an issue in the question of whether or not it is commented on, what matters is that it catches the attention of the sort of people who attract other readers who then comment, and so on and so forth in a slow ripple passing through the rest of the forumgoing population.

The fanfic forum really doesn't get much attention at all. If you compare the number of entries in the fanart forum's MechaTalk Anniversary contest to the number of entries in fanfiction (one, mine), you will see that it is heavily, heavily weighted in the favor of the fanart forum.

I think it basically comes down to this... it's quicker, easier, and more pleasant for the average forumgoer to glance through a bunch of images than it is for the same forumgoer to wade through pages upon pages upon pages of written material. If a picture is of inferior quality, it is a simple matter to set it aside and move on to the next thread, but if a fanfic is of inferior quality, it takes some time to read through far enough to realize that it isn't worth reading. If you like a picture, it takes only moments to look at it, form an opinion, and post a comment. If you like a fanfic, it often takes several minutes or several tens of minutes to read through the latest chapter, then post a comment...

Fanfic is and will always be caught in an unwinnable battle for attention against fanart. This particular fanfic, through much humor and many mod approvals, has achieved a rare victory, but in the long run it contributes nothing to the overall war effort, as the people who are attracted here to read A Typical Episode of Gundam SEED Destiny are not reading any/many of the other fics while they're here.

Don't worry if you don't get many/any replies. You never will, unless you're Thundermuffin or ShadowCell or HDS or someone like that who gets major support from high-profile forumgoers/mods.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.