General Fanfiction Discussion 2: Electric Boogaloo

Your own tale of two mecha.
Deathzealot

Re: General Fanfiction Discussion 2: Electric Boogaloo

Thanks. Though to be fair that story is pretty darn similar, but if I remember right the first chapter had a meeting between Char and Kycilia.
ShadowCell

I'm like 98.694% sure "Reconciliation" is the fanfic you're looking for. Kycilia being pregnant with Char's kid, projecting that to Char to keep him from killing her, surviving the final battle, Char marries Kycilia, Icelina becomes a Zeon mechanic for Garma's old Zaku, which Char inherits...all of that happens in "Reconciliation."
Deathzealot

Hmmmm.... perhaps Reconciliation is the story I am looking for. It just seems far different from what I remember. Then again I haven't read it ages, and I was younger back then. Thanks Shadow.
MarshalBraginsky

I had two fanfic ideas that I've been working on lately. One of them is a Code Geass rewrite from a long time ago and it was crossovered with Command and Conquer. This time though, I had to make an alternate history timeline for it so that I can fit it with the main Code Geass fic that I will write, dubbed Flight of the Eagle. Of course, it would mostly take place in OTL Russia because that is where it will start and the Russians in my planned Geass fic would be similar to Gundam Wing's OZ faction, with a Gundam Pilots-analogue and a Zechs-analogue.

The other fic that I wanted to work on is an original Gundam crossover with Turn A Gundam. Of course, this other original Gundam fic is a crossover of all Gundam series, melded into one but takes place on a different Earth. Actually, an author named Kyuzo Aoi gave me that idea, but my original idea was that the Amuro analogue for my fic is half-Persian, half-Swedish who may resemble Yusei Fudo from Yugioh 5D.
Antares

Go for two crossovers, max. Otherwise you'll just end up borrowing from here and there and lose sight of the whole that is supposed to be your story.

I'd rather suggest a Code Geass "meanwhile, on another front" -aspect than rewriting the whole thing from a Russian perspective. Given how little attention was paid to them in the series, you'd practically have to migrate the entire setting to Russia, and by introducing Wing, you will effectively nullify Lelouch's strategical mind because the Wing boys never needed one.

Turn A Gundam and the original are separated by decades of tech. That will be a very difficult issue to bridge in your second idea for a story.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
harotype

There's a Richard Sharpe in Espiritu Invictus's [surprisingly absorbing] Gundam UC90 on FF.net.

Anybody know the story behind that? 8)
"Idealists stay away from war and politics!!"
Rob DS Zeta

What would the people here rather read...

A SEED fic that removes Kira (death, ZAFTification, or otherwise) and replaces him with someone else (OC or canon).

A SEED fic that puts Athrun on the Archangel for whatever reason.

A (brace yourself) SEED fic where the Strike goes sentient and goes on a rampage.

Or a (hold your breath, this one might surprise you) fic with characters from other Gundam shows teaming up to destroy SEED and keep it from happening.

Do note that none of these are likely to become a reality, but this is a general discussion thread and I'm a curious fellow.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Inferno

I like the last one, since gundam metahumor is always funny. Although the third one strikes me as really interesting- what if a mobile suit's operating system underwent the rampancy process from Marathon?
Vent Noir

Kira-bashing is so 2005.

But since SEED got brought up, one idea that's been stuck in my head for a while (and likely won't end up going anywhere, at least not until I get around to completing Gundam Storm) is Gundam SEED Reversal - what if Kira was the natural, and Cagalli was the coordinator and ended up piloting the Strike Gundam?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Arbiter GUNDAM

rebel cheese is already writing that in his Bloodlines fic.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Rob DS Zeta

Inferno wrote:I like the last one, since gundam metahumor is always funny. Although the third one strikes me as really interesting- what if a mobile suit's operating system underwent the rampancy process from Marathon?
I've been dabbling with doing something like that for a while, but it really comes down to who's gonna be the central character and carry the story. I'd probably want to use Kamille Bidan, but I'm unable to really get inside his head like I can other characters.

As for the Strike AI rage, that'd just be for the lulz. I'd make sure he killed everybody, and probably destroy the Archangel as well. The only survivor would be Natarle, whom Strike would keep as a pet and call 'George'.
Vent Noir wrote:Kira-bashing is so 2005.

But since SEED got brought up, one idea that's been stuck in my head for a while (and likely won't end up going anywhere, at least not until I get around to completing Gundam Storm) is Gundam SEED Reversal - what if Kira was the natural, and Cagalli was the coordinator and ended up piloting the Strike Gundam?
Kira-Bashing can so be whenever it wants. I still don't like the guy.

But yeah, what Arbitertortar said. Rebel Cheese's Bloodlines fic is exactly what you just said.
Vent Noir

Guess I'll have to check Bloodlines out, then.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Overlord Zaru

Rob DS Zeta wrote:What would the people here rather read...

A SEED fic that removes Kira (death, ZAFTification, or otherwise) and replaces him with someone else (OC or canon).

A SEED fic that puts Athrun on the Archangel for whatever reason.

A (brace yourself) SEED fic where the Strike goes sentient and goes on a rampage.

Or a (hold your breath, this one might surprise you) fic with characters from other Gundam shows teaming up to destroy SEED and keep it from happening.

Do note that none of these are likely to become a reality, but this is a general discussion thread and I'm a curious fellow.
There's this one fic that has Flay and an OC has the Archangel pilots(2 Blitz believe it or not) and Kira with ZAFT. Dunno if that falls under criteria one, but I felt I should share.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Rob DS Zeta

Overlord Zaru wrote:There's this one fic that has Flay and an OC has the Archangel pilots(2 Blitz believe it or not) and Kira with ZAFT. Dunno if that falls under criteria one, but I felt I should share.
That actually sounds kind of interesting.
MarshalBraginsky

Antares wrote:Go for two crossovers, max. Otherwise you'll just end up borrowing from here and there and lose sight of the whole that is supposed to be your story.

I'd rather suggest a Code Geass "meanwhile, on another front" -aspect than rewriting the whole thing from a Russian perspective. Given how little attention was paid to them in the series, you'd practically have to migrate the entire setting to Russia, and by introducing Wing, you will effectively nullify Lelouch's strategical mind because the Wing boys never needed one.

Turn A Gundam and the original are separated by decades of tech. That will be a very difficult issue to bridge in your second idea for a story.
Yeah, I don't mean having the actual Gundam Wing characters showing up. Just an analogues in totally different OCs, and I don't intend for them to side with the Black Knights right away. I'm not sure if incorporating the new Akito of the Ruined Homeland would be wise. Other than that, I now don't know if I have to make an entirely new timeline for my second idea or use either the CE or UC.

By the way, I also started to plan for a Gihren's Greed like fanfic, but crossed with UC and Wing and some other Gundam fanfics that I wanted to write in a long time, but couldn't do it.
DAG101

I'm wondering, would a post-movie 00 fic make sense, or does everyone think that post-movie there's just no room for any more story?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well they did a manga story about prejudice against Innovators exploding into an armed conflict.

--Freyja Wion
DAG101

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Well they did a manga story about prejudice against Innovators exploding into an armed conflict.
Ah, so the mangas already did it first >.< well, does anyone here mind if fanfic concerns just show canon and some generalized manga canon, or am I damned to the fiery depths of hell if I don't follow the manga canon too? :lol:
Rob DS Zeta

I'm thinking about starting up Gundam character-based crackfic of sorts. Basically, it's the characters from the shows stuck in everyday life and getting ramrodded due to their collective ineptitude. Expect much OOC, even more stupidity, and maybe even some explosive mecha action!

But mostly OOC.

Any thoughts, people?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Give us some materiel and I'll let you know.

--Freyja Wion