Aegis' (somewhat bigger) collection of mecha art

The place to share your artwork.

Moderators: EZero8, VR7

User avatar
Aegis
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Aegis' (somewhat bigger) collection of mecha art

Post by Aegis » Fri May 05, 2006 12:59 am

Uncoloured...

...and coloured.

Oh, and the ZOE nut in me drew this one.

I once tried drawing Naked Jehuty, but gave up seeing as the only good piece of art on that monster was Shinkawa's own hand drawn sketch... ugh, the details are overwhelming. ><
Last edited by Aegis on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Draco Starcloud
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Contact:

Post by Draco Starcloud » Fri May 05, 2006 1:45 am

Pitiful...simply pitiful...

NOT.

You do good art, Aegis.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @[email protected]
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10

EZero8
Posts: 2166
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:42 am
Contact:

Post by EZero8 » Fri May 05, 2006 2:03 am

How can you call this pitiful work?!? This is much better than what I could do (which is why I dont create designs myself, other than the fact that I dont have the programs to do so.). :D
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"

User avatar
wing zero alpha
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: 10th Division HQ, Seireitei
Contact:

Post by wing zero alpha » Fri May 05, 2006 3:04 am

If you liked Shinkawa's artwork, you should try your hand at a Metal Gear sometime, or perhaps good ol' Shaggy.

Blauer Nebel
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 am
Location: AMSec Flagship AMS Iliad

Post by Blauer Nebel » Fri May 05, 2006 4:51 am

Homage to ZOE. I kinda mixed and matched ZOE and Mega Man mechanics to come up with the look of my designs. Nice job. You color your work. That already tops what I can do.

User avatar
spider lok
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:16 am

Re

Post by spider lok » Fri May 05, 2006 6:02 am

No no, that's pretty good, not pitiful. Next time, use a more suitable word.

User avatar
DeltasTaii
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Post by DeltasTaii » Fri May 05, 2006 6:48 pm

Note the word "NOT".

Read the entire post before lynching people, jeez :lol:

Pretty nice, although the head on that Gundam is well, far far from my stylistic preference.

User avatar
Aegis
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Aegis » Fri May 05, 2006 11:45 pm

wing zero alpha wrote:If you liked Shinkawa's artwork, you should try your hand at a Metal Gear sometime, or perhaps good ol' Shaggy.
Always did like his mecha designs, though oddly enough, wouldn't know where to start as far as drawing a Metal Gear is concerned. >>
DeltasTaii wrote:Pretty nice, although the head on that Gundam is well, far far from my stylistic preference.
Good. It was to be expected, actually. :)

User avatar
spider lok
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:16 am

RE

Post by spider lok » Sat May 06, 2006 9:28 am

DeltasTaii wrote:Note the word "NOT".

Read the entire post before lynching people, jeez :lol:

Pretty nice, although the head on that Gundam is well, far far from my stylistic preference.
I don't fully understand what are you saying... :?:

User avatar
Draco Starcloud
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Contact:

Re: RE

Post by Draco Starcloud » Sat May 06, 2006 4:35 pm

spider lok wrote:
DeltasTaii wrote:Note the word "NOT".

Read the entire post before lynching people, jeez :lol:

Pretty nice, although the head on that Gundam is well, far far from my stylistic preference.
I don't fully understand what are you saying... :?:
Deltas thought you were referring to my earlier post when you said "Use a more suitable word than pitiful.". I think you were referring to the thread title.

On a side note, why is it that a lot of good artists say "Oh, my work isn't that good. I'm not a good artist." when they can art a lot better than most people?
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @[email protected]
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10

User avatar
DeltasTaii
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Post by DeltasTaii » Sat May 06, 2006 4:51 pm

D'-oh.

Well, if you thought your stuff was perfect, you'd never bother to make it any better, right? It's that self-criticalness that helps people to get better often, if it doesn't just make them give up.

User avatar
Draco Starcloud
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Contact:

Post by Draco Starcloud » Sat May 06, 2006 5:16 pm

I'm not saying artists shouldn't improve, I'm saying artists shouldn't say their stuff is bad just because it isn't perfect.

It's like a baseball player hitting the ball just short of a homerun every at-bat and saying he's a bad hitter because of it.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @[email protected]
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10

User avatar
Aegis
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Aegis » Sat May 06, 2006 10:06 pm

How 'bout I offer up a few other possibilities? ;)

1) Said artist look at other artworks and find just how much more they need to go to reach that untouchable peak of perfection.

2) Said artist may be being sarcastic and has more self-esteem than what he's really saying. :twisted:

3) Said word 'pitiful' in fact may not even refer to artist's skill, but rather something else, like the number of mechs he actually DOES draw. :lol:

4) All of the above. ^^

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat May 06, 2006 10:16 pm

Good, but I'm not really a fan of that fish scale look on the mouth area.

User avatar
Aegis
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Aegis » Sat May 06, 2006 10:30 pm

RappapaTheRapper wrote:Good, but I'm not really a fan of that fish scale look on the mouth area.
Would it make you feel better if I gave it a moustache? :wink:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat May 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Aegis wrote:
RappapaTheRapper wrote:Good, but I'm not really a fan of that fish scale look on the mouth area.
Would it make you feel better if I gave it a moustache? :wink:
No, a mouth area like most UC gundams would have made it look a little better. Also, is that unit a underwater type?

User avatar
Aegis
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Aegis » Sat May 06, 2006 10:48 pm

RappapaTheRapper wrote: No, a mouth area like most UC gundams would have made it look a little better. Also, is that unit a underwater type?
Nope, not an aquatic suit at all. And the point of this design? To steer away from the typical Gundam appearance, regardless of whether the fans beg or not. :twisted:

User avatar
Draco Starcloud
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Contact:

Post by Draco Starcloud » Sun May 07, 2006 8:37 pm

Aegis wrote:How 'bout I offer up a few other possibilities? ;)

1) Said artist look at other artworks and find just how much more they need to go to reach that untouchable peak of perfection.

2) Said artist may be being sarcastic and has more self-esteem than what he's really saying. :twisted:

3) Said word 'pitiful' in fact may not even refer to artist's skill, but rather something else, like the number of mechs he actually DOES draw. :lol:

4) All of the above. ^^
Noone asked you, Art Boy. :p Why don't you take logic and correct answers about your word usage back to the word bank? :wink:
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @[email protected]
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10

User avatar
Aegis
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Aegis » Sun May 07, 2006 8:47 pm

Draco Starcloud wrote:
Noone asked you, Art Boy. :p Why don't you take logic and correct answers about your word usage back to the word bank? :wink:
But it's fun watching some of you speculate. :twisted:

User avatar
Aegis
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Aegis » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:01 am

Brandspanking new drawing.

Sword God Gundam

Post Reply