Random Mecha/Anime Video thread #4

The place to share your artwork.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Random Mecha/Anime Video thread #4

*Took me a while to figure out how to quote!
speedstriker wrote:
Seraphic wrote:Nataku was a powerful legendary warrior, and was the guardian of Meilan's clan, so she took on that persona as her identity. I know the video says "NeZha" but there's a million different ways to translate it, plus every mythical figure has about a dozen names to them anyway. >.>
Holy cow Seraphic! Thanks for reminding me why I loved my childhood hero so much in the first place. The battle choreography is better than most of the stuff we get from today's show and this really shows just how badass Nezha really is. The kid took on 4 dragons at once and didn't even flinch, not to mention the incredible array of mythical items he had. Crazy good. Chinese don't put nearly enough effort into their animation anymore... The style, the music, the characterization is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I thought I should mention that the legend of Nezha was passed from China to Japan. I'm not sure if it has its roots in China, but it definitely is a deep rooted part of Chinese culture. Thus is why I prefer to call him Nezha.
No problem! I make it a point to share as many interesting things as I can. =) My hero growing up was Sun Wukong (the Monkey King) but I don't have much of an excuse to post up any vids except for this. This is BBC's opening to the Olympics, done by the same people behind The Gorillaz. I'm thinking about buying their album called Journey to the West. Might be interesting. =p

I don't mean to start anything, I found this to be very amusing. =3
And I never thought a Top 10 MS list would make me laugh. Give it time, and it'll get funny fast. =p
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Vent Noir

Seraphic wrote: Edit: I thought I should mention that the legend of Nezha was passed from China to Japan. I'm not sure if it has its roots in China, but it definitely is a deep rooted part of Chinese culture. Thus is why I prefer to call him Nezha.
No problem! I make it a point to share as many interesting things as I can. =) My hero growing up was Sun Wukong (the Monkey King) but I don't have much of an excuse to post up any vids except for this. This is BBC's opening to the Olympics, done by the same people behind The Gorillaz. I'm thinking about buying their album called Journey to the West. Might be interesting. =p
[/quote]

Getting off topic, but it does give me an excuse to post this. Ah, childhood memories...

And then, there's this version...
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Seraphic

Watch this Spanish Ninjitsu. Bet you didn't even know there were ninjas in Spain!

Very vulgar and offensive language. Only funny if you're in the mood for this kind of stuff. It gets better if you stick with it. Heero and Zechs competing in who had the better "system" was great.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Seraphic

NO ZAKU!! Starts to completely break down in the second half. :lol:

I'm usually not one to post things for the sake of weird/randomness, but.... Took a shuriken directly between the eyes. :roll:

And FLCL doesn't really get any love around here. Really, the song was beautiful, but I wish the video weren't so mishmashed.

EDIT: Forgot this little morsel of awesome. Kira couldn't even TOUCH this! :P
-Antares

Hyakushiki

Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Wingnut

New content you may have, but that's a bit too close together to avoid the double posting rule. Mod discretion of course, but 13 hours apart with no one in between in this thread is something I would have enforced.

That said, I don't get this new dance thing. Random catchy ad that caught like wildfire? The song does seem like one of those that would tend to stick in your head for a while.

Also, the new theme with the old OP works better than the old theme with the new OP, IMO.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Heretic

Wingnut wrote:New content you may have, but that's a bit too close together to avoid the double posting rule. Mod discretion of course, but 13 hours apart with no one in between in this thread is something I would have enforced
Oh really? You would have enforced it? I don’t exactly see people rushing to post in this thread right now. And it’s not like you posted any “New content” outside of your thinly veiled “If I were still a mod” comment.

I remember a while ago Chris asking people to stop “Back Seat Modding” Not really a rule but a request made to keep things more civil on the forum.

So here’s a request from me to you. Tone down the attitude. I dislike coming online first thing in the day and seeing things like this. It puts me in a bad mood. You don’t want a mod in a bad mood do you?

Related
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Seraphic

...What's this strange new feeling I'm having?? Is it...respect??? :!: Those jokers still can't use a double saber though....

Off to a good start in stop motion. Who needs foot gatlings??

I hate myself so much for posting this.... Gotta admit, it's a catchy way to go.
-Antares

Hyakushiki

Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Terrace

Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Strike Zero

Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Terrace

You will die for posting that blasphemy.

Your death shall be carried out via Gomu Gomu no Jet Gatling.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Ever wonder about some of the little details in Power Rangers? well This scene will explain everything
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
M.U.N.

Seraphic wrote:...What's this strange new feeling I'm having?? Is it...respect??? :!: Those jokers still can't use a double saber though....
he had to beamspam to stop a boomerang...

Discovery channel loves animu
Gundam Seed Evolve
Vent Noir

Anyone up for an 80s nostalgia trip?

(And a lot of those shows could probably qualify as "mecha")
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter