Update:
Front-Left
Back-Right
Front
Letf
Back
The reason for the slow progress this time is laziness :x
Outlaw

Wow... just wow, the Auberon is incredible and your work on Shori's Daeg Hagal is coming along excellent as well. I swear, if I had the design and the money I'd pay for some of that magic! :lol:
Keep plugging along; can't wait to see even more.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Turinu

illsteir wrote:The reason for the slow progress this time is laziness :x
Lol, it's all good. I get lazy all the time when I'm working on my designs. It's coming out beautifully so far, so I don't care how long it takes to get it finished, :P.

I'm glad my suggestion worked out nicely. Looks very nice and flows with the design. I especially love how you did the hardpoints on the back, that'll mount the components perfectly! :D
Turinu

Oh man, the Daeg Hagal is looking freakin' beautiful so far. :D The shape you've given it is very nice; when it's completed I'm sure it'll look very intimidating.

As always, take as much time as you need in making it. It's coming out great so far, and I can't wait to see its future progressions :D

EDIT: In case you need a design for the back skirt, it's pretty much the same as the front except smaller, flatter and with hard points. That includes the skirt flaps, as the legs should be capable of bending just as much forwards as they can backwards (After all, it's a mobile suit designed to mimic human movements as best a machine can). It'd also go to explain why it isn't very visible from the front in the line art, as well. :P
illsteir

Shori wrote: EDIT: In case you need a design for the back skirt, it's pretty much the same as the front except smaller, flatter and with hard points. That includes the skirt flaps, as the legs should be capable of bending just as much forwards as they can backwards (After all, it's a mobile suit designed to mimic human movements as best a machine can). It'd also go to explain why it isn't very visible from the front in the line art, as well. :P
Okie dokie, But how 'bout those two cables? where will it connect to on the back?
Progress time:
Almost complete hips, in custom colors
Turinu

Lol, decided to change the colors? :D God, the skirt armor looks so much better on this design than it does on the Franken. :D

The cables connect just above the back skirt armor to a tube-like connector (Kind of like the front of a Zaku's skirt armor where the cables come out from when they work around to the back).

I downloaded Google SketchUp yesterday to try and attempt to make something, and I'm bewildered by how you're capable of making something so intricate when I can just barely manage to make a ship, ._.
illsteir

Now with rear skirt armor
I also added a thruster at the bottom part. I'll add the cables and hard points tommorow.
I downloaded Google SketchUp yesterday to try and attempt to make something, and I'm bewildered by how you're capable of making something so intricate when I can just barely manage to make a ship, ._.
I'm planning to make some simple GSU tutorials to help you guys :wink:

Edit: A good friend of mine from DA just posted this:
http://marrekie.deviantart.com/art/Sket ... l-98222054
Turinu

illsteir wrote:Edit: A good friend of mine from DA just posted this:
http://marrekie.deviantart.com/art/Sket ... l-98222054
Lol, up until now I've just been using the line tool and half-assing what I've done. This goes on to explain a decent amount of what I didn't know. Hopefully now I'll be able to make more curvy ships. :D

As for the skirt armor, that's perfect. Butt Thruster, go! :D
Heretic

Thanks for that tutorial, it should help a lot with some of my own ship works. So far I’ve been limited to working on my more industrial looking ships. But blocky doesn’t mean it can’t be kickass.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

Heretic wrote:Thanks for that tutorial, it should help a lot with some of my own ship works. So far I’ve been limited to working on my more industrial looking ships. But blocky doesn’t mean it can’t be kickass.
Indeed. If you check my topic, you'll see that my current ship looks pretty kickin', though it'll never compare to the level that Illsteir works at, or that of his friend (His ship designs are pretty awsm :D).
Troopermanaic

that is the most beautiful fan made gundam I have ever seen, that should have been a real gundam... BTW I hope you arent mad but I HAD to render that model I ray traced it =]

heres some pix of your model as it would look if it was REAL!!!! well kinda real I couldent get the lighting just right

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee18 ... nt=AGG.jpg

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee18 ... nt=ahh.jpg
illsteir

Now with cables and hard points

The way the cables "embrace" contours of the torso is uh, not that well done. I think I need to practice more lol

@Troopermanaic Hey thanks for rendering the guy. It could have been better if my models have textures but UV mapping Sketchup is a pain so I didn't bother :x
Turinu

That looks perfectly fine, :D. The way it was done on the original franken was pretty odd in itself, I think this way looks more natural (Well, can you even say "natural" when it comes to mobile suits? XD).
Nightwing03

Aye, sorry i have been posting in your thread for a while. So to start off, i just gotta say that the Daeg Hal is look so awesome right now. Oh and i've always wondered, why do you need to do the back of the mobile suit?
♣♦♠♥
illsteir

Imma (dis)chargin mah gravitic ports!

Started working on the arms and changed the location of the hardpoints on the skirt's back.
Oh and i've always wondered, why do you need to do the back of the mobile suit?
It's like making a scratch-build mecha, only digital. So it's only natural to make it complete.
Turinu

illsteir wrote:Imma (dis)chargin mah gravitic ports!

Started working on the arms and changed the location of the hardpoints on the skirt's back.
Oshi--, discharge mode! Fear!

The hardpoint looks more fitting there indeed, either way was good though. Daeg Hagal looks like it's about to open a can of whoop-ass upon those who dare defy it!
illsteir

Hey Shori, this one's a bit confusing:
3. "Terminus" Gravitic double-barrel gun x 4, integrated into forearms, slide out while in use, power output estimated high
So there are 4 barrels (2 Gravitic Double barrels) sticking out on each arm?
Turinu

Arr, that be a typo on my part. That should be gravitic double-barrel gun times two rather than four. Two barrels per arm.