High customized real robots, or, why not, super robots!

The place to share your artwork.
Cel Chad

High customized real robots, or, why not, super robots!

Please post here your links, I'll be uploading my own designs soon, so don't be shy.

Mod Edit (Draco): Thread unlocked since he has art now.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... FP-3dv.jpg
I'm the last man that likes the happy endings, Tim.
Draco Starcloud

Since you don't have anything at the moment, I'm going to lock your thread. PM me when you're ready to post something.

EDIT: Now that you have art, this thread is unlocked.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Cel Chad

Ok, I bring a couple of new desings. As usual, the inking is horrid...

Earth Mohs: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... X-00X5.jpg

XFP-003dvc: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... 003dvc.jpg

If I get somewhat accepted, maybe I'll upload the technical data of the models, and the rest of my "army" (?)...
Cel Chad

A new version of the Demi, possibly the final one, and another sketch about it's cockpit hatch.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... FP_004.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... tHatch.jpg

And, finally, if you see them, please reply your critics and comments!
Recon 5

Interesting designs, very organic. On a purely personal note, however, the female designs are a bit too 'detailed', if you know what I mean. Its your preference, but I find them a bit bizarre.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Areus

Fan service... On the mechs... Don't give japan any crazy Ideas. There chill I would pilot them.
Ikaruga-I'm Not Regret...

弾幕 Baby!
V2Buster

Areus wrote:Fan service... On the mechs... Don't give japan any crazy Ideas. There chill I would pilot them.
You have obviously never seen Godannar.
Cel Chad

Nope. In here, we get a 3% of the anime that you got (mostly probable in the 90s or something worse). The only mecha show that has been ever aired, since retransmissions of mazinger-z and the first episodes of great mazinger in the 80s, was gundam wing. We're even lucky to kwow what a freaking mecha is!!! So, I officially apologize to those who find my mechs similar or even copied from some series, please notice that it's not by lack of inspiration, but by a lack of information due to Uruguay's closed-culture politics.

And, by the way, reply, everyone!!!
Cel Chad

Since there wasn't any real critic, I'm letting this topic down for some time, the moderators are free to close this, but I just want to post one last model:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... yBlade.jpg

Enjoy, reply, whatever, I don't care, I'm drunk. :roll:
Testament

I'd say you need to add a bit more work into your designs. From what I see, the size of the drawings is pretty small; try to use as much available space as possible, and you'll have plenty of room to work with.

Also, try looking up some images on the internet and mimic their poses. If you use references it'll be much easier, and trust me, it's not a bad thing at all when improving :P
Mecha gallery | DA gallery
Original mecha designs and lineart.
Cel Chad

Gelgoog E (I don't know what the "e" means yet):

http://celchad.deviantart.com/art/Ms-14 ... E-86450523

Ok, I know it goes a little off theme, but it's still another quick sketch with some added details, and there's a big problem with proportions on tis one.
What sould I do next?
Please Reply!
Cel Chad

I'm back with this... Thing, I guess. :)
It's a spontaneus, rushed, and un-inked work made during my free time, you can actually see some guidelines still on it...
http://celchad.deviantart.com/art/Mecha ... e-89011957

It's a new type of body structure, you may not like it.
Oh, and it's completly unarmed, so...

Golden star to the one who guess the series that inspired this!
Wingnut

Given the cockpit size/location sub-pic this looks like a Knightmare Frame inspiration.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cel Chad

Nope. I will soon include another image that can be used as a hint.
The cockpit was a good observation indeeed, but there's some other details.
Delta Knight

Aside from the Gelgoog, these are some pretty original designs, given that you have almost no experience with mecha besides Gundam Wing. Especially the first one; you kept it modest (not showing any more than you need to--good), and made the design artistic, particularly the wing-like appendages on its back. Some might accuse me of being a pervert or something for liking something so...sensual, but I'm looking around that and at the actual aesthetic and design. I can do that.

Also, the one on deviantART, apparently called MS-001 Prototype, is different from what I've seen in the mech anime I watch, but in some parts of it...I'm confused at what I'm looking at. I don't know how else to describe it. Well, say I'm looking at a certain cluster of lines. Is it an arm? A shoulder? Or a shield? I know it was something you drew hastily, but it still looks like you could've made things more clear.

Thanks for commenting on my fic, by the way.
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
Cel Chad

http://celchad.deviantart.com/art/Ms-01 ... a-89195298

The refined concept. With this one, it'll be easier to guess the models behind these.
Please forgive the lack of quality, the inclinated image, and the shitty pose... Also, I tried to give the impression that the shoulders and arms were bent forward, but I guess it backfired... :cry:

Note: I think that it's not an anime or manga, 'cause I just found the stand alone videogame.

Do not bypass the swear filter like that. Do it again, and you'll have a forum warning for it. - Wingnut
CHASER

If you're scanning from a notebook then yes, most scanners like to be annoying about it. If you wanted to make its arms lean forward then its right arm isn't too bad, though its left should be farther forward than it is. On the other hand you could just redraw its right arm closer to the body for a more neutral pose.

As far as 'identifying' models... parts of the legs and hips somewhat look like the GN-X's and Throne Zwei from Gundam 00, though overall to me it looks like something reminiscent of Xenogears, not that I know anything about that game.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
Delta Knight

Someone said it looks like a Knightmare frame. He/she's right.
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
Cel Chad

I know what it looks like, I even admit that some points of its structure look like GN-X and Throne Zwei, but believe me, those never came through my head while thinking this...
...As I said, I believe those mechs were made for a stand alone videogame...
Last edited by Cel Chad on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolidSpidr

Wow, your designs are really nice, like the organic feel of them.

Your Mobile Shell design is really interesting but the legs just don't look like they could hold up the mech (for the first one), space only i assume? really any criticism i can think of right now has already been said. Keep up the work, I want to see more of these Mobile Shells.
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!