67%
Paladin Gundam
33%
Other [put in your post]
No votes

Total votes: 3
RavenSly

RavenSly's Gundam Designs

I have once again taken up the quest of designing the perfect gundam, at least for my fighting style, and ideals of combat and such.
I have produced two designs. One is original and borrows a few weapons from the current contendors for this position like Infinate Freedom and Strike Justice, but I also put in quite a few completely original armaments.
The second design, this one much less developed and still in the idea stages, would basically be an upgrade of the Strike and Impulse concept. I might however come up with an original theme for the packs/silhouettes like using an advanced Dragoon System or something. I do however have the design for the first of the two pretty set, although minor changes might be made after hearing all of your advice [I am not at all an expert in mecha design, in fact this is one of my first serious attempts at it in a long time]
I might make a fic to go along with the unit, but that too is still in the planning stages.
Gundam
Personal Details
Model Number: XMMM-X03A
Code Name: Paladin Gundam
First Deployment: C.E. 74
Manufacturer: SCPF
Operator: SCPF
Production Run: 1 unit
Appearance
Head Height: 18.48
Full Weight: 82.82 metric tons
Construction: unknown
Unit Type: prototype assault mobile suit
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Other Information
Powerplant: ultracompact hyper deuterion nuclear reactor, power output rating unknown
Propulsion: unknown
Performance: unknown
Equipment and Design Features: sensors, range unknown, Variable Phase Shift [VPS] armor; Neutron Jammer Canceler
Fixed Armaments: 2 x MMI-GAU27D 31mm CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; MA-M878 “Drake” Heat Rod, mounted on head, produces electrical shock; Type 73J2 prototype twin beam saber, stored in legs, hand-carried in use; MMI-M15E “Xiphias 3” rail cannon, folded underneath hips, spread out in use; 2 x “Sturm Faust 2” Detachable upper arm; 2 x “Esplosione 414” thermal energy blaster, mounted on forearms; 2 x “Vulano” Thermal energy cannon, mounted inside upper arm, operable only when forearms are detached; MGX-M2235 “Callidus” multi-phase beam cannon, mounted in torso; 2 x “Santo Penna” Energy saber, mounted on wings, operable only when wings are detached; MS-2007 “Ragnarok” plasma beam cannon, mounted on wings. Only operable when detached; MS-1991 “Leone” beam claws mounted on fingers; 2 x MI-X340 “Palma Fiocina” palm beam cannon, mounted on palms; 2 c MS-5301 “Piede Spada” foot saber and blade, mounted on feet
Optional Fixed Armaments:
Optional Hand Armaments: MX2002 custom beam carry shield; MA-M1510-“Letum Poena” 4 barreled beam gun/high energy laser rifle, stored in shield, carried in hand in use
Remote Weapons: XMM-3X Super DRAGOON [Disconnected Rapid Armament Group Overlook Operation Network] mobile weapon wings [mounts 6 x MS-37V beam saber/ dual MMI-GAU27D CIWS, fire-linked, mounted on units
Description: This gundam was developed by taking data from the previous Gundams and putting it together, also adding in data from testing of the unit's pilot. The design that came out of the process was functional, practical, and useful in a real battle situation, the weapons working together to create a strong unit that could fight against even powerhouses like Infinate Justice and Strike Freedom on a pretty even level.

The gundam consists of a standard humanoid unit with no transformations. The unit's main weapon is its wings which serve four main purposes. First they hold the unit's six Dragoon units. These units are the first of their kind in that they incorperate a close range weapon, a beam saber on the end as well as a CIWS on each side of the feather shaped weapon. They are designed for engaging enemy mobile suits, armors, and ships in physical combat with the beam saber while pinning them and any units that come to their aid down with the CIWS.

All three of the wings other purposes are dependent on the use of the revolutionary new concept installed in the wings. They're detachable. The wings can be held and wielded as weapons. The second of the purposes is the most obvious with the detachable ability. This being that they serve as shields. The gundam comes with a shield and gun and the wings are generally used when those two assets are no longer opperable, and since the detaching ability is so new, it usually catches enemies by suprise. The third of the purposes is designed to take advantage of this. This being a beam blade on the end of the wing, who's length can be manipulated from that of a normal beam saber to the gigantic length of the blades on the Meteor units, and anywhere in between. The fourth of the purposes is a small cannon on the wings which is rotatable, allowing for percise aim.

The wings aren't the only new weapon on the gundam. It also has beam blades with two individual blades on each foot. One goes out from the foot, a standard beam saber, the other one is a small axe blade on the top and side of the foot for sweeping kicks.

The other new weapon on the gundam is a also a blade, this one meant for use should both the hand-heald weapons and the wings become inopperable. They are simply beam sabers mounted on the end of the fingers forming claws.

All other weapons are already in existance, just not in one place.

Note: here are two pictures of the handheald gun: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/K ... osScan.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/K ... Scan-1.jpg
Last edited by RavenSly on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How? ...Exactly
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=5796
The Big Zabowski

Wow, that is bordering on over-armed even by Seed standards.

But, I can't complain as many of the weapons on either incarnation of this beast are natural progressions of the types of weapons bound to be found on the NEXT Freedom..thing..

Beam claws? It's like the Hazel's red nails..but better. XD
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Nightwing03

o.O this does seem abit too over powered....

And as for beam claws...CE has liek beam fangs...unless its the on the GuAIZ's shield
♣♦♠♥
razgriz

yeah wow and i thought i was the one who crammed too many weapons onto a suit. maybe this would be better as a large mobile armor
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
RavenSly

This thing was designed specifically to be able to fight on par with Strike Freedom and Infinate Justice so of course its gonna be a little overarmed. Anyone who's seen Kira fight knows that you're gonna lose some of your weapons when you fight him so you need plenty of back-up weaponry.
edit: I finally completed a picture of him. Also, I think I'll be going with Paladin Gundam, due to the large number of melee weapons on the suit.
Here's the pic: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/K ... Gundam.jpg
Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How? ...Exactly
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=5796