ShadowCell Draws Stuff and Puts it On the Internets

The place to share your artwork.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Looks like Cagali on steriods. :?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
The Big Zabowski

Is it just me, or was I the only one dumb enough to notice that there are places that look like she had circulation cut off ... in certain ... places?

<_<

SC, wow..just wow.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

This just goes to prove how manly Cagalli truly is... :?

Anyways, interesting piece there Shadow.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Big Zabowski

And as I read this thread, the Nationwide Insurance "Fabio commerical" comes on <_<

Ironic indeed..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
ShadowCell

The Big Zabowski wrote:Is it just me, or was I the only one dumb enough to notice that there are places that look like she had circulation cut off ... in certain ... places?
*blink*

What?

I was gonna point out that that isn't Cagalli, but I guess that would be kind of pointless.
ShadowCell

Well anyway.

I wrote a fanfic, as plenty of you probably know and are sick of hearing about by now. I intended to write a sequel, the premise of which went like this:
At the final battle, Djibril survives, Solomon's Sword is destroyed before it can fire, Rau survives, and Kira and Valentine pull back with the ZAFT fleet and retreat to Mars. Djibril basically takes over the world via the Earth Alliance, using the Phantom Pain to hunt down and finish off any Coordinators left. The embattled Coordinators, plus some Naturals who don't like Djibril, and some Naturals who don't quite like the idea of a Coordinator genocide, join up with a menagerie of ethnic and religious and political factions to form a ramshackle global Resistance, which the remaining characters and the Minerva join. Instead of the Glorious and Just AEUG, though, my plan for the Resistance was to factor in religion and political and ethnic conflicts very heavily, and portray the Resistance as a factional movement whose only common goal is to get rid of Djibril--beyond that, there were Zala extremists teamed up with Islamic extremists and Marxist guerrillas and so on.
That idea fell through, but may see life someday in one form or another. But here are a bunch of character designs for it.

Yes, character designs! I wonder how much attention I'll lose by virtue of them being humans and not mecha.

The obligatory evil masked person, this time I'm defying Gundam convention by making it female, and defying SEED convention by making her unrelated to Al Da Fllaga and any of the crap he did at Mendel colony.

The protagonist of the story, Emily, who gets mistreated by life with remarkable frequency. An unfortunate Natural gifted and cursed, she gets sucked into the war and everything goes downhill from there.

My finest villain, if I do say so myself. The son of a powerful Senator, a fact that helped him win his colonelcy, he's out to prove himself worthy of his post. He's in charge of an Extended and has very little patience with her when she fails to obey him as completely as he would like.

Captain of the obligatory big scary new battleship, Danilov is the nice-guy kinda captain who wants to do his duty but doesn't want to have to commit war crimes to do it. Given that "war crimes" are the entire function of the new Phantom Pain, that causes some problems.

Kira Yamato in CE 74, post-getting-sliced-up-by-the-Destiny's-anti-ship-sword.

Kira Yamato in CE 77, as field commander of what's left of ZAFT at Mars. He's a hero to both the ZAFT troops and quite a few Martian colonists, who are allied with ZAFT against quite a few other Martian colonies.

The abused Extended under Colonel Meyers', ahem, "care," she knows that she's not like normal humans, and knows that there's nothing she can do about it, so when she comes across Emily, a whole mess of tragedy is waiting.

It's Mudie! I did my best to both preserve her original appearance and factor in the new uniform. I hate her. Freaking slut.

Rau! Left for dead by Valentine, he has no choice but to join the Resistance and hitch a ride on the Minerva. They're less than welcoming, because we all know Rau's got an ulterior motive, but it makes for some interesting character development on all sides in the meantime. His plans are getting a bit more urgent now that his body is beginning to weaken further, but he can still kick your ass six ways from Sunday.

Shams! I like his new duds.

Shinn Asuka circa CE 77. He sort of takes on the "Quattro Bageena" role to Emily, but instead of being a vague, partially effective, generally obnoxious force hanging over Emily's head, he's an actual mentor who strives to keep her from going down the same path and going through the same suffering he went through during the previous war. Seeing as how he's got demons of his own, that's not very easy.

Stellar! Only later did I realize that she kind of looks like an SS officer. Shinn still loves her, I guess.

Sven! I like his new duds too.

Valentine Sunogachi, circa CE 74. She's a nasty gal.

Valentine Sunogachi, circa CE 77. She's still a nasty gal, but now that she's got the entire ZAFT fleet at her disposal, she's even nastier.

Athrun's new "special friend" and Emily's older sister, Viveka is the sort of girl who will get you into trouble. Stuff has happened to her, but she's still outwardly optimistic, although deep down she has darker feelings of inadequacy and incompleteness.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

A masked...WOMAN?! There's something you don't see every day.

Emily almost looks like Elly of Xenogears

Your Kira designs screams of Darth Vader, but I rather like them
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Bright Noa

ShadowCell wrote:Once more with feeling!

I don't think this one came out as well in terms of coloring...but I like it nevertheless.

And my little friend Shinn approves.

Don't you, Shinn?
"I want my show back, b**tch!!"
That's getting added to my sig in a moment or two....XD

Great stuff here.

Now to comment on your most recent stuff:
--Mudie: I thought she looked enough like a hooker in Stargazer, here she looks like she has slept with every crew member at least twice (double that amount for Shams and Sven :twisted: )....regardless of gender or age.

--Stellar: So she looks like an SS officer, she can still f**k b!tches up and look sexy at the same time 8)

--Shinn: Very badass...although his appearance is more of the creepy rapist type than the mentor type.....

--Kira (CE 74 version): You have no idea how much I wish that Fukuda had decided to grow a pair and include this concept of Kira for Destiny....
--Kira (CE 77 version): Err....too god-like for my tastes.....

--Emily: I keep seeing Cecily Fairchild in her....I'm guessing Cecily was the base you modeled Emily off of, right?
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
ShadowCell

Bright Noa wrote:--Shinn: Very badass...although his appearance is more of the creepy rapist type than the mentor type.....
...rapist?

Uh, what's bringing that one up?
--Kira (CE 77 version): Err....too god-like for my tastes.....
God-like? How so?
--Emily: I keep seeing Cecily Fairchild in her....I'm guessing Cecily was the base you modeled Emily off of, right?
Err, her hair and eye color were the only things I can recall consciously taking from Cecily. I was just going for Cute Little Redhead on her.
Bright Noa

ShadowCell wrote:...rapist?

Uh, what's bringing that one up?
Colors of the outfit mixed in with the impression I'm getting from looking at Shinn....it's a toss-up between either a creepy rapist and a CE-fied and crazier-but-caring Yazan Gable
God-like? How so?
Again, colors of the outfit....and the impression I have of Jesus Godbot already from Fukuda....

Yes, folks....I just used the word "caring" and the name "Yazan Gable" in the same sentence....sue me if ya don't like it....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Wingnut

Bright Noa wrote:Yes, folks....I just used the word "caring" and the name "Yazan Gable" in the same sentence....sue me if ya don't like it....
Oh we have much worse than that. Yazan, over here! Grab this man's crotch! (mcred23 will get this if no one else does.)
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ShadowCell

Bright Noa wrote:Colors of the outfit mixed in with the impression I'm getting from looking at Shinn....it's a toss-up between either a creepy rapist and a CE-fied and crazier-but-caring Yazan Gable
Huh. That's kind of ironic. One of the plot points during this sequel was that Emily is captured and tortured and Kyali helps spring her, so Harris tortures Kyali in retribution, and one of the methods used is rape. Being Newtypes, Emily and Shinn (at least in this story, he is) both feel it as it happens, and Emily does not take it well.

I told you Harris was bad.
Again, colors of the outfit....and the impression I have of Jesus Godbot already from Fukuda....
Well, the point for Kira in this sequel was to have his subordinates view him as their hero, almost their messiah, the one who will save them all from Djibril and help them reestablish their country. In particular, his aide adores him, since she's haunted by memories of Djibril's Requiem cannon destroying her home PLANT, and she sees Kira as the Christ figure who will avenge her parents' deaths and make the world safe for Coordinators. Kira has a hard time coming to terms with that.

Anyways. Some other character designs, which aren't quite as interesting, I suppose, but what the hell.

Djibril's bodyguard and assassin, Misa leads an elite unit that takes care of Djibril's most sensitive missions. She loyally protects and serves him, but deep down feels that she's betraying her people for it.

Pushed by circumstance into the vacant captain's chair on the Minerva, Meyrin isn't very confident in her abilities, and usually gets into arguments over strategy with her XO. She's managed to get the Minerva through some tough scrapes, but she feels she owes that more to the bridge crew than to her own commanding. She finds herself relying on Athrun and Rau for tactical advice a lot.

Former Alliance Extended, he fights with the Resistance now, but he has a problem fighting other Extended and tries to rescue them from the Alliance first. He's also got a very low opinion of the other Resistance leaders and their infighting.

Another former Alliance Extended, Sting fights in honor of the Girty Lue's late captain, Ian Lee. He's frustrated by the Resistance's fragility, and desperately wants to carve out a place for himself in the world.

Captain Danilov's executive officer aboard the new battleship, the Charlemagne, Vera believes Djibril's propaganda about Coordinators, leading to some tension with Danilov, who's too world-wise to fall for it. As the war rages on, though, Vera's naive views are painfully shattered.

An Alliance ace pilot who gets a little too competitive with the Phantom Pain. He's Emily's first major kill (major, of course, meaning someone with a name). He also manages to kick the crap out of her first.

The father of Harris Meyers, Senator Robert Meyers, Majority Leader in the Atlantic Federation Senate, is my personal and cynical potshot at populist politicians the world over. He endorses policies popular among the masses, but he only does so in order to catapult himself into the top positions in the Earth Alliance.

Having spent most of her childhood in the impoverished Balkans, Merau is far more street-smart and far more skeptical of Djibril's propaganda than Grey. Nonetheless, she strives to keep the kid safe, because Lord knows he needs it.

Your average dumb rookie who has skills but lacks smarts. Grey usually gets saved from his own recklessness by his friend Merau, who also tries to make his baptism of fire a little easier. Grey believes Djibril's propaganda about Coordinators, but his battles with the Resistance make that all harder to accept.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bezerker

Sven's new look is really good and Shams looks like a Pimp
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Cypher

Love the revisions done to Kira and Co. Kira and Shinn would look bad ass posing next to their Titans SF and Dark Destiny...

Any idea if Team Druggie will be back ? Cos I have never read your work to begin with, so i plead ignorance in this case
TM Revolutions "Zips" + Titans colored Strike Freedom = Bad Ass !!!
Janx_Dolaris

Ya seeing these character ideas, i may very well start reading the current story.
Ascension

I love the character designs, but seeing them is bittersweet since you've said you aren't going to be doing the sequel. First George Lucas let me down, now you! WHY DOES NO ONE LOVE ME???

Okay, anyway, do the sequel anyway. We won't mind if you go back on your word.

Hmm... Just to comment quickly on the designs... I like the new uniforms. I must ask, though... What happened to Viveka? She's in as bad shape as Kira! Also, if Athrun's in love with a cyborg, does that mean he ends up being force-choked to death by her? On another topic, is Misa an extended? It seems like a natural would have problems being an assasin in the SEED-verse.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
ShadowCell

Cypher wrote:Any idea if Team Druggie will be back ? Cos I have never read your work to begin with, so i plead ignorance in this case
Team Druggie goes through some drama and bloodshed of their own in CE 72, but in the end they head off to the Literia Colony at Jupiter to be free of all the strife. They're among those shafted hardest in the Cosmic Era, so I figured I'd give them the relatively happy ending that no one else appears to be getting.
Ascension wrote:Okay, anyway, do the sequel anyway. We won't mind if you go back on your word.
Oh, if I must.

The sequel would take a lot more planning and research both beforehand and during the writing, because I have far bigger plans for the sequel than for anything else, making it twice as long as the current story and factoring in local cultures and religious/ethnic/political conflict. And I'd have to rewrite the ending to the current story to let some people live. But I've had complaints about the current ending being too Zeta-ish and in need of either continuation or conclusion, so I suppose this could work out better than I thought.
I must ask, though... What happened to Viveka? She's in as bad shape as Kira! Also, if Athrun's in love with a cyborg, does that mean he ends up being force-choked to death by her?
Viveka is a Resistance leader whose unit gets wiped out and she gets picked up by the Minerva. She was also a prisoner of the Phantom Pain, who inflicted several of those injuries on her. The rest were just incurred by warfare. Emily is rather horrified to see her like this.

As for her relationship with Athrun, I'm leaving it vague and bizarre and have no intention of making it any clearer. Athrun post Junius War is a broken man filled to the brim with issues and problems with dealing with others, so his relationship with Viveka is rocky, to say the least. Viveka likes him, but she doesn't really understand all that he's gone through, while as far as Athrun goes, he still feels like he owes something to Cagalli and seeing as how almost all his friends are dead, he doesn't feel sure of returning her affection.
On another topic, is Misa an extended? It seems like a natural would have problems being an assasin in the SEED-verse.
She is, but she's a special breed of Extended with far more autonomy than Extended like Sting, Stellar, and Auel.
Aegis

Men that actually look like men, and top heavy women who look like they can beat you ten ways to Sunday. I like. This place needs more character art to go with the mechas. ;p

So, will we ever see a Providence SAZABI? >>
ShadowCell

Aegis wrote:So, will we ever see a Providence SAZABI? >>
NEVER.

I try to imagine how the Providence SAZABI would work and I get a debilitating headache, plus some nausea, and possibly some erectile dysfunction (because, you know, every single thing in the universe can cause erectile dysfunction). I don't want to risk any permanent damage to my psyche.
Draco Starcloud

I'll make a Providence Sazabi if you're too squeamish. :lol:
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10