Yuusha's Craptacular Artwork First page updated

The place to share your artwork.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Yuusha's Craptacular Artwork First page updated

Please bear with me, I repainted these two over MSPaint, and I'm not really good at it yet. I also wanna learn how to make Frankens, but Photoshop is a bit too complicated for me to use at the moment, that is until I get better of course. Until then, any tips will be much appriated for a novice.

Recent works:

Black and Silver Raftcanz

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8964/a ... anssc5.jpg

Reiner Swartzer Ritter

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/M ... ritter.jpg

Gundam Enforcer

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2999/fa061cj6.jpg

Unicorn Gundam/Pegasus Booster

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1341/rx106pz4.jpg
Last edited by Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine on Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Wingnut

I'm not really sure about the black on the Huckebein as the standard colors and even the Trombe custom are already very dark in nature. It really doesn't seem very different and IMO is not really any improvement in the way it looks over the original.
The Sanshiki on the other hand looks very nice indeed. The dark scheme on what was a brightly colored mech to begin with is a nice contrast.
Go ahead and show us some other colors on the Huckebein and we can point out what you could do better on it and offer advice on how you would go about doing it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.

I can only work with Black that's the thing, the other show up as hack up paint jobs unfortunetly. SRW Line Art is easier for me to work with. At anyrate, I did work on some more: A wild Ruger and Falken

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/M ... ureger.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/M ... ckWing.jpg

EDIT: I tried using Photoshop, but still the same result. You can easily tell it was painted over. Can someone give me some tips on how to correct this?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
EZero8

The way you use the black coloring, you cant see any details that would originally be there. I suggest using a fairly dark grey and using the black only on panel lines and such. Otherwise, these are very good Frankens! 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wingnut

EZero8 wrote:The way you use the black coloring, you cant see any details that would originally be there. I suggest using a fairly dark grey and using the black only on panel lines and such. Otherwise, these are very good Frankens! 8)
Actually they are just re-colorings of existing SRW original mecha. No frankening yet.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.

Yeah, unfortunetly I'm not good enough with Photoshop yet to do Frankening...they'll come in time. Until then, I'm just gonna focus on recoloring, nothing too fancy.

EZero8

Wingnut wrote:Actually they are just re-colorings of existing SRW original mecha. No frankening yet.
Oh... my mistake. I guess my lack of knowledge on SRW mecha finally got to me. :?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Yeah, unfortunetly I'm not good enough with Photoshop yet to do Frankening...they'll come in time. Until then, I'm just gonna focus on recoloring, nothing too fancy.
You dont need to be good at Photoshop to do Frankening. Try it out with MS Paint first. Then again... I've never used SRW Lineart for Frankens, so I'm not too familiar with those...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"

My first frakens. I think I Messed up in alot of areas though. I decided to something simple and combine the Sword and LAuncher packs with the rouge:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8494/l ... ugein5.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8079 ... ugeuc8.jpg

I did this with MS Paint and I have trouble with back packs the most, I just dunno how to move them to the back. All in all, I think I did ok for my first attempt

EZero8

They are pretty good for first attempts. I think using Mark Simmons' lineart from here would be easier to practice with first before moving on to MAHQ lineart. It may lack selection, it has enough to get some creative juices flowing for a bit.

And a tip on inserting backpacks using paint: highlight the MS and move it over the backpack rather than moving the backpack under the MS. It saves alot of cutting and pasting work and often requires no erasing of limbs.
SpiderMew

I guess my computer is just lame cuz i could never think of doing anything with ms paint, mine has no transparency option...
And i hate that when you try to color a picutre your left with just the palet set up by the picture with no room for change (other then editing the color in the box i find changes all of the colors that are using that)
I like using gimp, its free and its pritty simple.
I really like the colors of the Grungust Sanshiki you did it was very nice.
Can you save your files as something other then .jpg? I find its a good habat to stop using that format, as later on you'll not want your images to be flattened..

But yeah pritty good for your first time i must say

I perfer JPEG because of the low KB size. Perfect for passing around

Fall_Ryan

I suggest .PNG, 300kb BMP's usually save at about 15-30kb with a PNG with very little loss of quality.

The first four look good, although it'd be nice to see the lines of the suits, maybe try light grey panel lines or use a dark grey as previously mentioned instead of black.

The last two, the additional weaponry looks too pasted on, I've been having trouble with that myself on some of my stuff.

Haza! Yuusha's first Franken

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2792/bloodzakuzq5.png

I call it the Blood Zaku, I made it with the thought of a melee based OYW Zaku. You'll notice a bit of the original coloring left over, but that's because I got lazy in the last stretch.

EZero8

Yeah... my only quipe about this would be the coloring. Parts of the feet are also cut off and some spots look a bit rough, but those are just minor mistakes. Good job on your second "first Franken". :P

Er um....the last two...didn't count? :?

I need to knwo how to put logos on Mobile Suits. And also, how do I make it so that a mobile suit is wielding two of the same weapon?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1451/ez8hwseb6.png

Here's one of my latest, and more better creations. My version of the EZ8 Heavy Weapons System. With a Gundam style head for kicks

EZero8

Mrrrrmmm... I personally dont really like this design. It looks like you crammed way too much on the upper body, which makes it seem too topheavy for the legs to support. Also, the overall picture is kind of rough.

Here's two more I made today. And I definitly notice improvement.

The Rick Fighter

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/765/ ... terrc5.png

GM Gun Slinger

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7071/gmgunhs0.png

I also have a bit of a story involved in them. Rick and Alex, two friends who are very competivie, Rick however is a follower of Zeon's old ways, so this leads to a dispute between the two. Both of them are mobile suit enthusiests, and also go to make there own coustom suits.

One day, the two had a compitition, to see what will be better: Suits made from the finest parts, or suits made from parts laying around. This lead to the creation of Rick and Alex's personal mobile suits the Rick Fighter, a melee based suit and the GM Gun Slinger, a long range type suit.

Folken Fanel

The Fighter is okay but some of the Gun Slinger's parts are off. Otherwise, there are still problems with the color, but its pretty good.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
EZero8

I see alot of rough areas and cut off parts, but these are quite well made. The coloring needs a bit of work too, but they are pretty minor. Good job.