Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
wonton bob

sorry for the short comment but me need sleep. The one thing that pop to mind when I saw the SAMIS-1 (CNS-X14) Gundam Samis was artificial intelligence. I cant see pilots in these. Was there ever a gundam with this? I am not a fan of Wing so I'm not sure.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Turinu

wonton bob wrote:sorry for the short comment but me need sleep. The one thing that pop to mind when I saw the SAMIS-1 (CNS-X14) Gundam Samis was artificial intelligence. I cant see pilots in these. Was there ever a gundam with this? I am not a fan of Wing so I'm not sure.
The Gundam SAMIS does not have Artificial Intelligence in it whatsoever. Its "Intelligence Core System" is an actual human being which acts as a device to amplify combat capabilities when synchronizing with it.

Also, on the subject of Artificial Intelligence; it depends on how it's handled if it would be good for a mobile suit or not (At least in my opinion.). I don't think a mobile suit solely piloted by Artificial Intelligence is a good thing, however paired with a pilot the AI can develop around would be a good thing. That way the AI learns the pilots strategies and can develop a multitude of tactics and scenarios the pilot can follow and work with in order to achieve better efficency in combat. That, and the AI can possibly alert the pilot more quickly to danger against the suit itself. The only downside to such a system is that the only pilot that would be capable of piloting said mobile suit is the one that developed around that Artificial Intelligence, or someone near-similar to that pilot.
Heretic wrote:Since I’m finally caught up on the reviews so far, I wonder if we might start discussing what I would like in return for these reviews. Nothing big really. I want to know if you would be willing to do something of a joint project with me. I’ve noted that you’re strength is doing blocky machines without them turning out too square and awkward looking. That is in essence what I need. I am working on a Gundam design called Highlander and it is intended to be a more blocky design. I currently have most if not all of the different parts assembled in the configuration I want them. if you’re willing I’d like for you do work your line magic on it. Once the lines are set I’ll color it myself since I have specific colors in mind for it.

Are you interested at all?
Well, I'm usually not too good when it comes to joint projects; however, since your franken is mostly assembled, I don't see why not. Just make sure to explain to me in detail how exactly you need things done, via a PM.
Turinu

The sixth out of seven designs, which means we're nearing the end of my little franken marathon. Though I'm sad I didn't recieve too much commentary, I'm happy with the commentary I have recieved from Heretic. Now, I present to you the Gasteras!

I really like this design, because its fat. Despite that it's fairly fast and maneuverable. The Prototype Color version is actually equipped with a powerful Beam Trident instead of a pair of mega beam swords, and its reactor output and acceleration are slightly higher.

68. CNS-R71C Gasteras (M)
- Gasteras Prototype Colors
- Gasteras Mass Production Colors

Model number: CNS-R71C
Code name: Gasteras
Unit type: mass production high performance unit
Manufacturer: Colonial Industries
Operator: Collective Nations of Sol
Rollout: CY 0379
First Deployment: CY 0380
Accommodation: Panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 20.2 meters
Weight: empty weight 67.9 metric tons; overall weight 73.9 tons
Construction: Unknown
Powerplant: Ultracompact fusion reactor Mk. II, power output rated at 12,550 kWs
Propulsion: High-output body thrusters x many, power output unknown; skirt mounted gargantuan thrusters x 2, power output unknown
Performance: maximum acceleration 5.12 g's; maximum ground running speed 59 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 565 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities; atmospheric re-entry capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 18,000 meters; radar disruption system
Fixed armaments: high-output mega beam sword x 2, stored on side racks, power output rated at 3.0 MWs; 95mm Anti-MS vulcan pod x 2, stored in shoulders; Anti-beam deflection system
Optional fixed armaments: Beam Bazooka x 2, clip-fed, 4 cells per clip, power output rated at 15.3 MWs; High-output Beam Rifle x 2, clip-fed, 80 shots per clip, power output rated at 8.12 MWs; Shoulder-mounted Linear Launchers x 2, attaches to shoulders, ammunition located in shoulders; 180mm Dual-Cannon x 1, latches to hardpoints on back, 24 rounds total

Technical and Historical Notes:

Originally designed as a test production unit made for experimenting with reverse-engineered technology from the UKO-05 Sedna, the unit sported multiple large high-output thrusters and a powerful reactor to match in order to make it a fast and efficient mobile suit. However, this came at a price; due to the large thrusters on the unit it had to be outiftted with heavy armor and equipment for protection. Despite this, the unit managed to maintain a great acceleration for such a heavily armored unit, making it a very powerful high-performance unit.

The first unit produced was fielded in single combat against a UKO-05 Sedna, and proved to be far more formidable than the unit, sporting greater performance than the Sedna (The original test type unit is equipped with a more powerful reactor and different alloy for its armor). Piloted by test pilot Aselia Ciel, the unit was able to swiftly and efficiently deal with the enemy. When it was realized the unit could be geared towards mass production, it was quickly decided to throw it on the production lines. This particular mobile suit was capable of being produced in large numbers with just some minor adjustments to its gear, making it a cost effective high-performance unit which could finally replace the aging Jargest unit.

The unit is equipped with pretty standard armaments similar to its ancestor unit, the Jargest. However, the equipment on its loadout is much more powerful and efficient for taking down high-speed and heavily armed units at a cost-effective price. Replacing the axe on the Jargest is a pair of two high-output mega beam swords attached directly to the unit through power cables, giving it a powerful close combat weapon almost on par with powerful anti ship swords. Probably its most unique system on the unit is its defense system, which deploys a downsized beam shield variant from its shoulders and arms. These light gaseous particles are held around the unit through magnetic forces and heavily disipate beam rifle fire to the point where it does not puncture the external armor, making it the first mass production unit deployed by the CNS that can withstand direct beam fire. The second system this unit deploys is a variant of radar jamming; the four light emitters on its knees allow it to scramble radar in a certain manner; it produces on-screen dummies that completely messes up targetting systems, producing false targets for the enemy to fire at.

Nearing the end of the war in early CY 0380, the Gasteras as it was named, would be released on New Years Day during the operation to take down the Anariel Milise and its ace pilots. The fielding of the unit was the turn point in the war for the Collective Nations of Sol, managing to completely disable the enemy ship and bringing an end to the war. The powerful defense of the armor, as well as the units radar disruption system took the Resistance Forces by surprise, and with the support of the CNS's Akaoba Fortrase mobile armor in conjunction with these units, there was no chance.
crashandburn

Very nice!:D Though I can see it having some problems walking as the legs and skirt armor don't seem to be very good friends.
The crotch part you took from the Zaku III looks a little weird in terms of perspective, but that's probably because the lineart of the Zaku III is viewed more from the side then most of the lineart on MAHQ (I ran into that problem quiet a few times to). Furthermore, the Prototype Colors has a lot of green pixels on the arms that look like they aren't supposed to be there (the MP type has the same but then with red).
Draco Starcloud wrote:The name I thought up was the MechaTalk Sisterhood Assault Squadron.

'cause they're Daughtresses.
Turinu

crashandburn wrote:Very nice!:D Though I can see it having some problems walking as the legs and skirt armor don't seem to be very good friends.
The crotch part you took from the Zaku III looks a little weird in terms of perspective, but that's probably because the lineart of the Zaku III is viewed more from the side then most of the lineart on MAHQ (I ran into that problem quiet a few times to). Furthermore, the Prototype Colors has a lot of green pixels on the arms that look like they aren't supposed to be there (the MP type has the same but then with red).
Yeah; the problem with walking is reflected in its running speed. It's definately not the most fast while walking or running, hence why when it comes to operating on the ground it'd utilize hovering over walking. I could see how the skirt would constrict its movement, but not too much. As for the arms... The original color was red so I can see how you could get the pixel thing; I probably didn't color it up good enough to remove it all. The reason it's green on the other is merely because I swapped the colors to give it a different color, though how you can see it without zooming in is beyond me. Either my monitor has poor color quality or I can't even notice it putting my eye to the screen. D:.
Janx_Dolaris

I don't see the mismatched pixels either, but anyways i like this design alot! The head is a tad strange, though is rather unique as far as i know.
Turinu

Well, today is sadly the last day in my Marathon. Despite that, I shall make it go off with a bang!

Instead of presenting a single Seventh franken today, it will be a triple-whammy! That's right, I'm going to be posting three frankens today, putting my total franken count over 70!

First up is the Akaoba. The Akaoba is a "Control Mechanism" mobile suit, which is basically the key to operating a massive mobile armor, kind of like Dendrobium Orchis and Stamen. It was recreated from a -very- old mobile suit frame found on Neptune, which is over 20,000 years old. Yeah, it kinda stretches the norm of a mobile suit, but I was bored. It shares similar armaments to the Aozora, as the Aozora is unknowingly based off of the Akaoba.

----------

69. STSRM1 Akaoba (M)
- Akaoba Basic Design Colors
- Akaoba Gundam Design Colors
- Akaoba Basic Design with Optional Armaments

Model number: STSRM1
Code name: Akaoba
Unit type: Excavated humanoid type mobile unit
Manufacturer: Unknown; Collective Nations of Sol
Operator: Collective Nations of Sol
Rollout: CY 0379
First Deployment: CY 0380
Accommodation: STSRM1 coreblock cockpit in lower torso
Dimensions: head height 18.95 meters; overall height unknown
Weight: empty weight 27.29 metric tons; overall weight unknown
Construction: Refined Trace Series Hybrid Alloy
Powerplant: Mars Perfect Type Gravitic Drive Core, power output rated at ?
Propulsion: Liftwave Propulsion System, total output rated at 425,000 kg; General thruster x 2, power output rated at 110,000 per thruster; total output 642,660 kg
Performance: Maximum acceleration 18.3 g's; maximum ground running speed 325 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 625 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities; atmospheric re-entry capabilities; atmospheric escape velocity capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Fortrase control interface; blackbox technology
Fixed armaments: "Rhapsody" Streaming Beam Pod x 6, located on shoulders (three per shoulder), power output rated at 5.0 MWs per pod
Optional fixed armaments: "Serenade" Phase Transfer Rifle, power output rated at 1.0 MWs to 100.0 MWs, powered by "Moonlight" Phase Blade generator (Carries additional generator in case blade is removed or damaged, setting it at a fixed 22.9 MW power output), attaches to left skirt hardpoint; "Moonlight" Phase Blade, power output rating unknown, located in "Amenonuhoko" Phase Transfer Rifle
Optional armaments: "Chorus" Phase Transfer Carry Shield x 1

Originally excavated from beneath the raging waters of Neptune, it was one of the most major discoveries made by any single person in the Colonial Year Era. The excavation of this mobile suit, as well as carbon dating procedures revealed to the Collective Nations of Sol that even technology that surpassed their own to this day, was used well over 20,000 years ago; whether it was by human hands or another is highly unknown. However, the wreckage that was excavated was indeed a humanoid mobile suit. While many portions of the mobile suit had been damaged beyond repair, its reconstruction was given top priority above everything else. While this would gradually slow down the production of the X20 series, the series would still be released (With newer technologies applied to them, thanks to the excavation of this suit.) on time.

The mobile suit in question had a model number which was unrecognized; written in a unknown numerical and alphabetical language. It was dubbed the CNS-X30 by the scientists who found it, but upon further translation and reconstruction of the mobile suit, it was changed to STSRM1 (Which were thought to be the corresponding letters and numbers of its translated model number.). Through this translation process, it was later discovered the name of the unit was Akaoba; whether this had meaning or not was unknown. Upon further study of this unit, many "black box" technologies were derived for use in other models, most notably the CNS-X23 Gundam Lunaris. This unit sported many technological devices reverse engineered from the Akaoba, mostly its cockpit design and propulsion systems (Which were the only things scientists at the time were able to reverse engineer.). Later on, the Lunaris would still recieve part ideas inspired by Akaoba's armaments, such as its "Requiem" Beam Pods as well as a specially reinforced internal skeletal frame.

However, while these technologies helped in the development and production of other mobile suits, the CNS still wanted to repair and unlock the secrets of the Akaoba. Eventually, the external frame became too corroded with age and was eventually taken apart. With the skeletal frame and most internal systems still in tact, a more utilitarian design was applied to the unit while using the same materials it had been constructed from, while following blueprint designs stored within its cockpit systems. Eventually the Akaoba was finally completed mid CY 0379. However, with the completion of the unit, new problems began to arise. With 100% of its systems restored, new blueprints and data began to present themselves. It was later discovered that the Akaoba was actually a control mechanism in a larger, more powerful mobile armor-esque machine. Not only that, but it needed a pilot with a specific bloodline with specific genes and specific characteristics to pilot it.

While construction of this mobile armor came underway, known as the Akaoba Fortrase, the CNS began to obtain data from the Akaoba to construct its perfect pilot. Luckily enough for them, the cockpit still held trace DNA of its previous pilot; whether it was human or not could not be told, however the particular DNA found was definately more advanced than any human being to this day; even an Advanced. In a matter of months, the CNS used bioengineering and cloning techniques to give birth to their desired pilot. Training her under specific conditions to meet the criteria of the mobile suit in a matter of months was their goal; through advanced gene therapy they were able to enhance her aging and thusly enhance her experience as a pilot.

Nearing the end of the war in late CY 0379, the young girl who was only a few months old, had grown to the appearance of a woman in her early twenties. Not only that, but she had the experience of a trained veteran due to how she was raised and born; it was unknown who the mother or father whom helped in her development were, but both had to have been physically fit to a large degree in order to produce such a pilot. Nonetheless, she was more than ready to heed the call of the CNS. In early CY 0380, the Akaoba Fortrase; the mobile armor in which the Akaoba was designed to control, along with a legion of Gasteras units would bring about the end of the Martian Resistance Front in one fell swoop.

The Akaoba itself is of a higher performance than a Gundam, but despite this is still referred to as Gundam Akaoba. The unit itself boasts speed and maneuvering performance about double that of Gundam Lunaris, and its fixed armaments are much more deadlier and potent. The six "Rhapsody" Beam Pods on its shoulders are much thicker and more focused than those employed by the Gundam Lunaris, and are of a higher particle charge, able to last longer. Its weapons include a highly unique particle rifle known as a "Phase Transfer Rifle," which also carries a powerful "Phase Transfer Blade" in the back (It is later found out that this exact weapon is used by the MARS-PTU01 Aozora.). It is also equipped with a Phase Transfer Carry Shield; a solidly designed defensive shield which also employs a unique "Phase Transfer" system made from reverse-engineered technology, which allows it to completely eradicate any particle splashing against its surface into non-existance; even solid objects, including mobile suits.

Its cockpit design is highly similar to that used by the Gundam Lunaris, however it has a more biological in appearance than mechanical. The design itself makes the cockpit look as if it's a living, breathing creature. Despite this appearance it is definately more efficient than the one used by Gundam Lunaris; it somehow allows for a more symbiotic relationship between itself and its pilot. It is also thought this odd design allows the mobile suit to more easily control the Akaoba Fortrase in which it can connect to. It seems only the most brave of pilots tend to want to set foot near the cockpit; not even the engineers have gone close to the cockpit, rather using blueprints to redesign the one in the Gundam Lunaris.

Surprisingly enough, since the original reactor of the unit had long since been decimated beyond repair, a prototype gravitic core which had been developed by Mars was first used to power the unit. Later on when it was perfected, Mars's Perfect Type Gravitic Drive Core was put into the design. The reactor was surprisingly a perfect fit for the unit, which began to lead the CNS scientists to believe Mars had been delving into black box technology since the UC era, when the gravitic core was first being tested. This theory is further brought into the light when it is found out that the general armor the Akaoba was originally made out of and reconstructed with, was a more advanced variant of the Trace Series Hybrid Alloy that was used on Mars's Archetype Seth and Archetype Rah.

----------

Second up is the Ayriel. I've included the "Old" art of it, as well as the new art.

70. MVP-MP01 Ayriel (M)
- Ayriel Old Design (Ugly, ain't it?)
- Ayriel New Design

Model number: MVP-MP01
Code name: Ayriel
Unit type: Atmospheric Fighter Series Quick Assault Type Mobile Suit
Manufacturer(s): United Nation of Mars; Valchryst Alterum
Operator(s): United Nation of Mars
First Deployment: UC 0096
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 18.7 meters
Weight: max gross weight unknown
Construction: VA Series Alloy
Powerplant: Ultracompact Fusion Reactor: MPT Type, power output unknown
Propulsion: High Powered Multi-Directional Booster x 5, power output undetermined; Leg Thrusters x 2, power output undetermined; vernier/apogee motors x many
Performance: maximum acceleration 4.7 g's; maximum ground running speed 102 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown
Fixed armaments: Multi-purpose mounted launchers x 2, located on side skirts, features: (Right) 85mm Semi-automatic Assault Rifle x 1, fixed to skirt, MAR-566S 150mm Sniper Rifle x 1, detachable, clip-fed (8 rounds per clip); (Left) 85mm Semi-automatic Assault Rifle x 1, fixed to skirt, HPAR-AT34 Beam Rifle x 1, power output rated at 5.2 MWs; Hyper Beam Saber x 2, power rated at 2.3 MWs, located on front skirts
Optional armaments: HPAR-AT96 Impulse Rifle x 1, attaches to back rack, power rated at 2.0 MWs (rapid fire capabilities); Anti-Beam Shield x 1

When the Mars Variable Project began, a multitude of designs had been drawn up and suggested for mass production. Thanks to study into the prototypes on the MVP-X line, the MVP-MP frame was constructed. A "variable" frame as it was called, consisted of a head unit, body and waist, lacking the arms and legs of a basic mobile suit. Parts could be attached or modified to make a unit. The Ayriel is one such unit; the first MP model based on the MVP series, the MVP-MP01. The Ayriel is modeled after a MVP-X unit which never made it to production; a mobile suit which specialized in purely atmospheric combat. It was decided that such a design was better suited for purely mass production purposes, and a prototype wasn't required to test technology which had already been proven effective.

While the Ayriel wasn't relatively durable, its armor was thick enough to provide it average defense specifications. Its frame and limbs were specifically geared towards easier maneuvering in atmospheric combat. Its high-output thrusters on its back allowed it for quick acceleration as well as prolonged atmospheric flight. The Ayriel is equipped with quite the variety of rifles despite it being mass produced. Its multi-purpose launchers on the skirt is the Ayriels primary weapon. While each skirt is equipped with a fixed rifle, they are also equipped with rifles that can be held in the hands by being pulled out from the skirt. Also, its front skirts come equipped with hyper beam sabers for close combat assistance. It's also equipped with a rapid-fire beam rifle and a anti-beam shield as optional equipment.

On top of that, the Ayriel has fairly advanced sensors. Paired with its great acceleration and maneuvering capabilities, it does not matter that the unit is poorly armored; it's capable of avoiding attacks much more efficiently than previous models employed by Mars. These factors make the Ayriel a favorite amongst aerial combatants.

The Ayriel first made its appearance in UC 0096, a year or so after the war with the Earth Federation. It was primarily designed as a patrol and engagement unit to deal with rebels around Deimos who continued to pester Mars. Thanks to the introduction of the Ayriel, the rebellion was quickly settled. The Ayriel continues to serve the martian forces late into the Second Sol War that started in the UC 0100's. A few units survive the centuries and are even operated in the CY era under the flag of the Remnants of Mars, however they are well out-performed by many of the units produced today.

----------

After the Ayriel, is the Synral. While this unit was produced about 5 years after the Ayriel, it still uses the same central frame for its design.

71. MVP-MP02 Synral (M)
- Synral Old Design (Ugly, ain't it?)
- Synral New Design

Model number: MVP-MP02
Code name: Synral
Unit type: Atmospheric Fighter Series Transformable Mobile Suit
Manufacturer(s): United Nation of Mars; Valchryst Alterum
Operator(s): United Nation of Mars
First Deployment: UC 0101
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 18.5 meters
Weight: max gross weight unknown
Construction: VA Series Alloy
Powerplant: Ultracompact Fusion Reactor: MPT Type, power output unknown
Propulsion: High Powered Multi-Directional Booster x 5, power rating unknown; Shoulder "GULL" Thrusters x 2, power output rated at 67,000 kg per thruster; Various Thrusters x 8, power output rated at 40,000 kgs; vernier/apogee motor x many
Performance: maximum acceleration (mobile suit mode) 3.2g's, (mobile fighter mode) 4.92 g's; maximum ground running speed (mobile suit mode) 240 km/h (quadroped mode) 368 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 20,000 meters; transformation mode quadroped; transformation mode fighter craft
Fixed armaments (Mobile Suit Mode): Beam Saber x 2, stored on side-skirts, power rated at 1.5 MWs
Fixed armaments (Quadroped Mode): Scattering Beam Cannon x 1, stored on back, power rated at 6.8 MWs; Assault Beam System x 2, located on back, power rated at 3.8 MWs in Quadroped Mode; Missile Pods x 2, contain 10 missiles each, located on back; Tail Cannon x 1, power output rated at 3.3 MWs, located on tail; Beam Saber x 2, stored on side-skirts, power rated at 1.5 MWs
Fixed armaments (Fighter Mode): Scattering Beam Cannon x 1, stored on back, power rated at 6.8 MWs; "Phalanx" Fighter 75mm CIWS, located on wings; Assault Beam System x 2, located on wings, power rated at 3.8 MWs; Missile Pods x 2, contain 10 missiles each, located on back; Beam Saber x 2, stored on side-skirts, power rated at 1.5 MWs
Optional fixed armaments: HPAR-AT96 Impulse Rifle x 1, attaches to right shoulder mount, power rated at 2.0 MWs (rapid fire capabilities, operable in all modes)

When the Mars Variable Project began, a multitude of designs had been drawn up and suggested for mass production. Thanks to study into the prototypes on the MVP-X line, the MVP-MP frame was constructed. A "variable" frame as it was called, consisted of a head unit, body and waist, lacking the arms and legs of a basic mobile suit. Parts could be attached or modified to make a unit. The Synral is one such unit; the second MP model based on the MVP series, the MVP-MP02. The Synral is modeled after a MVP-X unit known as the Dinyr; a limited production mobile suit capable of switching between three modes; mobile suit, quadroped, and fighter craft. The Dinyr was originally planned for mass production, however the frame was too bulky and too expensive. The Synral was the answer to Mars's problems.

The Synral is most likely one of Mars's greatest military achievements. Its durable frame allows for swift transformations between a Quadroped mode, mobile suit mode, and a fighter craft mode. While its armor is only somewhat stronger than the Ayriel (sporting the same primary frame), it is of much greater performance than its sister unit. Also, due to its later production date it incorporates more modified technologies onto its frame.

The Synral is equipped with a variety of fixed armaments useable in most of its modes. This includes a Scattering Beam Cannon, located on the Synrals back, a pair of missile pods, beam sabers, beam guns, and CIWS. While some of these may not be operable in a certain form, most of them are. Each form specializes in a specific role; the mobile suit mode is great for close combat with beam sabers and its rifle. The Quadroped mode is the best for great ground speed travel across harsh terrain, as well as ranged combat. The fighter craft mode best serves in the atmosphere and in space for high-speed maneuvering.

The Synral is used throughout the Second Sol War for which it was primarily produced for. Its functions allow it to survive the times to the point where a few Synral units are utilized in the CY 0379 war against the Collective Nations of Sol, under the flag of the Remnants of Mars. While its basic frame and weaponry are not as strong as mobile suits to date, its variety of transformations and relatively good speed allow it to keep up the pace with the mobile suits of today to some degree.
Ascension

I would like to comment on several of the suits, but I don't have the time right now, so I'll keep my comments brief for the moment. (Don't worry, I'll be back!)

I like the Gasteras, but the only thing I can think about when I look at it is that it's a Gundam X remake of The O. I know it's got to be the Wallaby legs that are creating that impression, but I can't shake the thought that it belongs in X. That being said, I'd like to see a fully Gundam X-ized version of it with an SRA-style head.

I really like the Akaoba. I think it's one of your best designs so far. It looks subtly powerful. The color scheme is nice, too. I'm a big fan of the Stamen and Orchis, so I'd really like to see the mobile armor the Akaoba is intended to control. My only complaint is that I don't see anything that looks like a "streaming beam pod" on the shoulders. On a side note, am I correct in assuming the PT weaponry is Nadesico inspired?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Turinu

Ascension wrote:I really like the Akaoba. I think it's one of your best designs so far. It looks subtly powerful. The color scheme is nice, too. I'm a big fan of the Stamen and Orchis, so I'd really like to see the mobile armor the Akaoba is intended to control. My only complaint is that I don't see anything that looks like a "streaming beam pod" on the shoulders. On a side note, am I correct in assuming the PT weaponry is Nadesico inspired?
Actually, it was more inspired by Zone of the Enders as well as a minor bit of originality on my part, when it comes to the optional armaments.

The Streaming Beam Pods are located on the front, back and sides of the arm. In the front it's noted by the circular holes in the shoulders; a matching hole is located on the back of each shoulder. The third is on the outside of the shoulder.

"Rhapsody" Streaming Beam Pod Port Locations
Turinu

Yar! An Update!

Today it's a Ship Update. Unfortunately I don't have the historical notes written down for this particular version of the Impel Class; there is a version made for a Gundam SEED RPG, as well as the original version made for the Colonial Year fanfic. I'll add the Colonial Year Historical notes later, but for now you just get the specs.

The ship is about 50% frankened, 50% hand-made. Any comments are highly appreciated.

72. MIC-XT001 Impel Class "Una Rhi" (S)
- Impel Class Lineart

Class: MIC-XT001 Impel Class (Refit)
Name: Una Rhi
Ships of the line: Una Rhi
Unit type: High-speed interplanetary transport cruiser
Manufacturer: Collective Nations of Sol; Remnants of Mars
Operator: Remnants of Mars
First deployment: Unknown
Dimensions: approximate length 820 meters; approximate width 300 meters; approximate height 245 meters
Weight: approximate weight unknown
Powerplant: Battleship Grade Pulse Driver x 4
Propulsion: High-output pulse thrusters x 16, power output unknown; High-output drive thruster x 1, power output unknown; high-output sub-drive thrusters x 4, power output unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; atmospheric flight capabilities; atmospheric re-entry capabilities; escape velocity capabilities; underwater capabilities; sea capabilities; Advanced AI Interface "Nari"; Laminated Armor/Advanced Defensive Systems
Fixed armaments: Dual barrel beam launcher x 6, located on left and right hidden compartments on sides of ship; Anti-MS/Anti-missile 55mm CIWS x many, located on hidden compartments throughout ship; Anti-beam dispersement canisters x many, located on hidden compartments throughout ship; Multi-purpose missile launcher x 10, located on bottom of ship; Cargo cranes x 6, located inside ship catapult
Mobile suit capacity: 8
Other craft capacity: 6
Mobile suits: Unknown
Other craft: Unknown
Launch catapults: Main Launcher x 1, located on front of ship (Launches foward four mobile suits and other crafts); Bottom Launcher x 1, located on bottom of ship (Launches a maximum of four mobile suits)
Turinu

Yeesh, you think one or two comments on my designs wouldn't hurt, would it? :cry: . You people need to push me to franken better! :cry:

New design from the desk of Turinu. A martian mobile suit inspired by the Astray series. This is for a friends CE-based RPG.

73. MAR-MS02 MaVAS (M)
- MaVAS Red Color
- MaVAS Blue Color

Model number: MAR-MS02
Code name: MaVAS (pronounced: Mah-phase)
Unit type: mass production type variable-use suit
Manufacturer: United Nation of Mars
Operator: United Nation of Mars; Sol Liberation Front
Rollout: CE xx
First Deployment: CExx
Accommodation: Panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in mid-torso
Dimensions: head height 18.35 meters
Weight: empty weight 53.42 metric tons; overall weight unknown
Construction: Unknown
Powerplant: "MAR-T1" Ultracompact fusion reactor, power output unknown
Propulsion: "RT-1" multi-directional thrusters x 4, located on back, power output rated at 35,600 kgs each; High-output thrusters x 2, power output rated at 72,200 kgs each; total output 286,800 kgs; verniers/apogee motors x 20
Performance: Maximum acceleration 5.36 g's; maximum ground running speed 242 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 332 km/h; atmospheric re-entry capabilities; limited atmospheric flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Striker/Sillhouete/Wizard variable pack mount
Fixed armaments: "Phalanx" 75mm CIWS x 2, located in head; MAR-BST1 beam katana x 2, located on skirts, power output rated at 1.72 MWs; MAR-DST1 Beam Shield x 2, power output rating unknown; Multipurpose missile launcher x 2, stored in legs (can equip a variety of canister missiles for different situations, can only hold two missiles per leg total)
Optional armaments: Force Sillhouete Pack; Sword Sillhouete Pack; Blast Sillhouete Pack; Gunner Wizard Pack; Blaze Wizard Pack; Slash Wizard Pack; Aile Striker Pack; Jet Striker Pack; Dopplehorn Striker Pack
Optional hand armaments: MAR-BRT1 Long-barrel Beam Rifle x 2, power output rating unknown
Wingnut

Striker pack capible Astrays eh?
I don't see where the mechanism is that allows them to run that fast without breaking the legs of the unit, or be able to hover that fast either.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Turinu

Wingnut wrote:Striker pack capible Astrays eh?
I don't see where the mechanism is that allows them to run that fast without breaking the legs of the unit, or be able to hover that fast either.
When it comes to the MaVAS, it's hovering capabilities are more or less like an Armored Core's. It actually doesn't lift off the ground when it's doing it, but its thrusters can push it foward at such a speed on the ground which makes it look like it's hovering as its glides across.

When it comes to running, 150 mph shouldn't be impossible for a mobile suit. I think that's more of a average speed for a mobile suit to be running. The original RX-78-2 Gundam could run about 102 mphs, I don't see how it would be impossible for a more advanced unit to run 50 mph more than that, especially when it's built for speed.

EDIT:
Heretic wrote: Remember that Mars has lower gravity than Earth, thus the stresses on the actuators and structure would be significantly less than on Earth. Since the machine can be pushed harder, the maximum speed is higher.
That too. >>
Last edited by Turinu on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heretic

Wingnut wrote:Striker pack capible Astrays eh?
Remember that Mars has lower gravity than Earth, thus the stresses on the actuators and structure would be significantly less than on Earth. Since the machine can be pushed harder, the maximum speed is higher.

About not commenting. I realize you are starving for criticism but quite frankly you’re stuff is better than most of the stuff I can do.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

Yar. I need help.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/ ... rframe.png

Mainly, I can't seem to find legs to work with this design. THIS DESIGN NEEDS LEGS. It's a good design; a unique design compared to my other frankens. It screams "I want legs, I don't want to be gimped!"

So give me some pointers or images I can use that you think would work with this design's legs.
The Big Zabowski

Gottrlatan, Gengaozo, or even the Rig Contino could work. I think the thick legs of the Gengaozo and Rig Contino would balance out the big shoulders and give some base to the MS for later add on's if that is the case, IE weapons attachments. But then again, if the slim lines were to be maintained, then the Gottrlatan could be the best bet.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Strike Zero

Holy god! :shock: When you do add on the legs, that will officially be the coolest franken suit EVER.

Might I suggest trying the Turn-A's or the Turn-X's legs? It might not flow with the design, but I'd say it's worth a shot. The Strike Gundam's legs would look pretty good on it too.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
wonton bob

i also think thick legs would work. To me it appears as this it is really a slim MS with extra padding/armour that can easily be ejected when it becomes damaged or a hindrance.

legs?

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image3aot1.jpg
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
G.Squirrel

That legless one reminds me alot of the Five Star Stories mechs. Is this just a coincidence or are you using FSS parts?
RMakaru

Wow that is one sick looking unit! Who am I to say this but when you design the legs, try to keep them exactly with the flow of the unit, i'd suggest using sections of your existing armor as a basis for the legs. I'd have some kind of lower leg side mounted thrusters akin to the Kampfer's ones, but not specifically those. I'd also have them flare out towards the bottom, and I'd use that armor plate you have for the lower right arm for the front armor of the legs.

One last idea, either make the legs really long or shorten/ change the position of that sword because it will make the picture look off if the sword point is lower than the bottoms of the feet.

I cant wait to see the finished product!
"If you wanna be more than just a grunt, you gotta learn to see the whole picture!!" Gato
"Uh.. Yes! Yes sir!" Kou
"Gaaaaah!! I'M THE ENEMY YOU IDIOT!" Gato