Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Folken Fanel

I always have three windows open, but there for parts. I'll try it your way. Thanks for the help.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Turinu

I don't know if I could consider this an update or not. But since I added an image, I shall.

I did two updates today.

1. I updated the general layout of the first post a bit. Now it looks cleaner and is more easy to read. Also updated the post legend a bit, adding in a tidbit for "Updated/Redesigned Designs."

2. I added a "Updated" version of the MVP-MP1R MaSAU unit. It's larger than the original and in different colors (It is indicated in the list by the sky blue color, #3.)

Also, within the next week or two I will be adding a "Franken per day" for seven days as per an arrangement by lalahsghost in order to get my friendly little thread a little commentary and criticism. I currently have 4 frankens in the process of being made, with another 3 to follow to meet the criteria. All the mechs in this "Franken per Day" Marathon will be from my "Colonial Year" Fanfiction idea (Which I probably will never write. D:.).

Anyways, hope you enjoy the more crisp look to the front page, as well as the new MaSAU Lineart, which I dub "Ground-type Colors."

Oh yeah, shiet. I forgot to also say that I added in a old mobile suit that I'm surprised wasn't on here before, the MVP-MPX1 Aedryl.
Turinu

Stats for an upcoming mobile suit which is part of the 7-day Franken thing I'm going to do in a few weeks. :o

Model number: MVP-MC8C
Code name: MaAIU
Unit type: Martian Assault and Interception Unit
Manufacturer: Valchryst Alterum, Anariel Milise Subsidary
Operator: Martian Resistance Front
Rollout: CE 0379
First Deployment: CE 0379
Accommodation: Advanced linear cockpit in ejectable escape core system
Dimensions: Head height 17.9 meters
Weight: Empty weight 17.2 tons; overall weight 23.4 tons
Construction: HFRH-Series Alloy
Powerplant: Ultracompact Fusion Reactor, X1 Type, power output rated at 12,596 kWs
Propulsion: "Ärger" High-output thruster package x 2, power output rated at 100,000 kgs; High-output multi-directional thrusters x 8, power output rated at 20,000 kgs per thruster
Performance: Maximum acceleration 15.3 gs (full weight); maximum ground running speed 210 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 580 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: battleship grade sensors, range 53,700 meters; "Biegen Sie das Licht" specialized cloaking system
Fixed armaments: "Lanze" beam gun x 2, stored in head, power output rated at 1.5 MWs; "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher x 1, located on left arm, contains: Remote mine package x 10, Time mine package x 10, "Ernten Sie" Beam Claw x 2, power rated at 5.0 MWs (extend to a range of 20 meters)
Optional fixed armaments: "Zerstören Sie Schiff" High-output Beam Launcher x 1, power rating unknown, stores on right shoulder mount; MAR-SV1 Linear Rifle x 1, clip fed, 40 rounds per clip (clips store on rifle), stores on back rack
Optional armaments: "Sprengstoff" Mine Bazooka x 1, clip fed, 5 heavy mines per clip; "Schild" optional beam shield attachment x 1, attaches to top of "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher on left arm; "Stachel" high-speed projectile launcher x 1, attaches to top of "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher on left arm

Technical and Historical Notes:

After the Anariel Milise had left the safety of Valchryst Alterum, it needed a means to strike at the enemy. While their large amount of MaGAU units assisted in offensive and defensive operations, a mobile suit for assaulting and intercepting enemy fleets and destroying them, as well as bases, was required. Thusly, the design concept for the MaAIU was developed on the Anariel Milise, in order to produce such a weapon.

The MaAIU is a unit that sacrifices overall armor protection in order to create large amounts of thrust for high speed hit-and-run tactics. Most, if not all of its fixed and optional armaments are geared towards destroying enemy ships or bases; even those underground. The larger turbine thrusters on its back allow for it to accelerate at speeds over 15 g's, making it probably one of the most fast limited production units ever produced.

THe MaAIU comes standed with a specialized ejectable cockpit system. Equipped with verniers and thrusters, the cockpit is capable of acting as a purely high-speed escape device built for space-use only. Another special design implemented on the unit is it's "Biegen Sie das Licht" specialized cloaking system. Utilizing powerful lightwaves produced by the certain portions of the suits armor (denoted by a red glow from certain parts) the unit is made invisible to all sensors, constantly altering the light around it to disrupt sensors into detecting its presence. This allows it to effectively get in close to the ships or bases it needs to eliminate.

Its armaments, as stated, are geared towards the destruction of enemy ships and bases. Its main fixed armament, the "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher located on the left arm, stores about twenty remote or timed mines in its arm, which are highly explosive. Launched through a miniature linear catapult between the two "Ernten Sie" Beam Claw ports, they are extremely hard to lock onto and target due to their high speed and small design. These mines can either be remotely detonated from the cockpit of the mobile suit or the flagship it launched from, or set to a timed explosion. These mines are equipped with a highly potent explosive material, designed to leave more than just a dent on a hull; more like a massive tear in the ship.

The "Zerstören Sie Schiff" High-output Beam Launcher is probably one of its primary optional hand armaments. Designed with a focusing lens by its barrel, it releases a highly focused lazer that flows continuously, allowing it to carve out sections of ships or even cause massive damage to enemy bases beneath the surface. The Linear Rifle it carries, the MAR-SV1, is a specially designed "Stealth Rifle" featuring a special high-speed firing mechanism. The rifle launches compact plasma charges at high speeds which explode on contact, making it an ideal rifle for eradiating ground bases, and even infantry. The material the charges are made out of are undetectable by sensors, and thusly can be fired from long ranges without being picked up on any type of radar. The fact that the charges are highly compact allow for large ammunition stores in the rifle, making it quite the deadly weapon.

However, probably one of its most deadly armaments it carries is the "Stachel" high-speed projectile launcher. Built to launch large pikes on the left arms miniature linear catapult, the pikes it launches can pierce through mostly anything due to the high speeds they launch at. However, if equipped with specialized tungsten rods, it becomes a deadly spacial weapons platform. If it were to launch one of these rods from orbit around Earth, it would be capable of taking out key military facilities by launching a rod capable of causing a force equal to a nuclear explosion, without the radiation. There is only one "Stachel" high-speed projectile launcher currently developed by Mars.

Due to the limited resources on the ship, only a few MaAIU units were produced, using MaGAU internal frames for their basis. However, at the end of the war in CY 0380, the CNS sees the potential of the MaAIU unit and mass produce it for the CNS in CY 0381 under the model number CNS-MRU1 Stachel.
Turinu

A rarity from myself, I've decided to update my topic today with a hand-drawn picture.

The picture has been updated with both the smoothed out lineart and the colored version.

Jen Reverie Uncolored

Jen Reverie Color

This is the pilot for the Gundam Lunaris, on the front page. :o

Critique of my hand-drawn art is highly appreciated and wanted! Comment, dammit!
Turinu

Updated with two new character images. Comments on art are highly appreciated. Pictures have been added to the front page, as well.

61. Aiden Merium, Pilot of the MVP-XA1 Archetype "Seth" (O)
- Aiden Merium Sketch Uncolored
Notes: The pilot of the MVP-XA1 Archetype "Seth," and later on mobile suits such as the MARS-PTU01 Aozora and MVP-XC1 Archetype Core, as well as the SAMIS-1 Samis. He is also the first person to pilot the Royal Guard MaGAU. The tattoo on his left arm states him as a member of the Royal Guard, so in presence of any military personnel aside from Ship Captains and above, he has head authority. Being in the Royal Guard, he doesn't have to exactly follow military regulations; it is actually preferred those of the Royal Guard do not wear military garments to remain inconspicuous. In the storyline, he's the only male Advanced in existence, as all people with the Advanced gene are female. The Collective Nations of Sol want him (after they find out what he is) in order to produce more Advanced for their military.

62. Sara Hughes, Pilot of the CNS-X22 Gundam Natalie (O)
- Sara Hughes Sketch Uncolored
Notes: The young and innocent pilot of the CNS-X22 Gundam Natalie. Despite her cheerful disposition towards her commanding officer and others, this girl is actually quite demented when it comes to battle. She gets a rush out of mowing down infantry with her many anti-infantry weaponry, and loves a great gunfight with other mobile suits. When engaging the enemy she always has a blank, insane-like look to her face as she pulls the trigger for her weaponry. Even after exhausting her ammunition she continues to pull the triggers until it becomes obvious to her nothing is coming out. She is a firearms expert, and due to the power suit she wears, is a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant. She is one of the more favorite pilots of Jen Reverie, and is also part of the Inquisition Squadron.
ShadowCell

Oh my. People are drawing people here. Now you feel my pain--all I could do was make mcred23 hate the MP-5K.

The colors you chose for Jen Reverie look good, and I do like the intricacies in her outfit, but her pose looks kind of odd. The right leg, particularly at the thigh, is too bent, for lack of a better term. The whole thing should be straighter and more curved on the edges. Her left forearm up to her hand looks a little too long too--I think her upper arm should be at a greater angle forward, so her hand could reach up to her chin like that. The right arm also seems odd, since you can only see parts of it, but the way it's positioned doesn't look very natural. It would have been better, I think, to leave her arm at her side, and have her right hand down near her leg, visible from under her thigh. Her right shoulder also needs to be higher, more or less matched with the left. And given the pose, it's not a major complaint, but I think her torso could stand to be leaned over a little more, since it otherwise makes me think that she's kind of lanky when she stands up.

And, of course, that pose is so unladylike. =P

Aiden Merium looks a little uncomfortable. I think you should've raised his left leg up to cover more of the bottom of his thigh, to look like he's more grounded. And in general, both of his legs need to be shifted to the left. That strap thing over his crotch, if it is what I think it is (and I'm not sure what else it could be), should be more or less along the centerline of his torso. If you were to draw a straight line cutting him in half from his head down to his crotch, his legs would also be centered along that line. And you'd need to move his right arm to accommodate it too.

Sara Hughes' arms look a little disproportioned--the right upper arm is too long and the left arm doesn't seem to be naturally resting at her side like that--but her left hand came out very well--better than the hands I ever draw, anyways--and her body overall seems well proportioned, other than the arms. No other complaints there.

If it helps, study your own anatomy and the anatomy of others to get a feel for the proportions and positions of the limbs and whatnot in those poses. Anime is very stylized, but style is just a filter for reality, so you can still incorporate the way the human body acts into these stylized figures.

Just try not to look like a perv when you're studying girls' anatomy. They don't tend to buy that "I'm studying your physique so I can better render it on paper" excuse. =P
Turinu

ShadowCell wrote:Just try not to look like a perv when you're studying girls' anatomy. They don't tend to buy that "I'm studying your physique so I can better render it on paper" excuse. =P
That excuse actually works for me sometimes, >>. A lot of women just love to see themselves immortalized on a piece of paper, and if you're using them as the model they'll gladly help you out.

I've drawn down a few of my female friends during my time in highschool, and it came out pretty good.

Aside from that, I shall take your advice to heart. I'm not too good with proportions and poses; I usually just draw profile art of them standing still. This time though I wanted to draw them all in different sitting poses and then toss them into a single picture all sitting together.

Luckily most of these are just sketches so far; I am definately going to put Aiden and Sara through some remodeling, and Jen is going to get new work done as well to make her look more natural in posing, as well as to make her face match her personality (Same for Sara.). I'm also going to try adding more detail to their outfits.
ShadowCell

Shori wrote:That excuse actually works for me sometimes, >>. A lot of women just love to see themselves immortalized on a piece of paper, and if you're using them as the model they'll gladly help you out.
Hm, well, that's true. Clearly it's my approach.
Aside from that, I shall take your advice to heart. I'm not too good with proportions and poses; I usually just draw profile art of them standing still. This time though I wanted to draw them all in different sitting poses and then toss them into a single picture all sitting together.
I've had trouble with that in the past. You may be stronger in the ways of the Photoshop than I, but I've always found it best to, instead of drawing a picture in separate pieces and then putting it all together later, instead draw the whole thing in one sitting, or as one picture. I've always found I get a better flow in everything that way, and I don't have to fiddle with things like arms or legs going over or under or whatever.

But maybe that's just me.
Heretic

Defiantly a strong start. Room for improvement to be sure but one heck of a lot better than I was only months ago. You’ve got a really good grasp of faces and eyes, which is where I still have the greatest difficulty.

There are some great instructional books out there, the trick is sorting out the good ones from the ones that are just expensive with little in the way of real instruction. I personally think I got lucky when I picked up “The complete idiots guide to drawing Manga.” It cost me about $30 Canadian and has already proven extremely helpful in most of my hand drawn artwork. It starts off with all the basics with detailed explanations and tips, then moves on to the more complicated stuff. Foremost in the book are human proportions, multiple body types and ages for both genders. Body movement and poses with suggestions for making a static drawing seem to move.

I’m only a few chapters in and I’ve already seen a drastic improvement in both my human and Mecha drawings. Such as my latest finished Sketch.

I’m not saying you have to go out and buy the same book, just suggesting that if you don’t already have some drawing instructional books, you could try looking for some good ones.

I look forward to seeing much more of your hand drawn artwork.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

Yar! Today is the day I begin my 7-day Franken Marathon.

Basically I will post a franken a day, with technical specs, everyday for seven days.

Today, I present you with the UKO-01 Orcus! A extremely odd yet what I find a cool looking design, :D.

63. UKO-01 Orcus (KNE-R05 Impel) (M)
- Orcus (Impel) Colored
Notes:Basically, the Orcus is a mobile suit specifically designed to work in space and specialize in underwater combat. Its lack of hand armaments is overshadowed by the powerful fixed armaments it has. It's equipped with a very powerful reactor despite being mass produced, and the fact it's fairly small with such powerful weapons means whoever is making these things knows what the hell they're doing. The Orcus is basically the basis for the later UKO-05 Sedna, which makes its appearance in the storyline much later.

Model number: UKO-01 (KNE-R05 Impel)
Code name: Orcus
Unit type: High-speed Defensive purpose mobile suit
Manufacturer: Unknown
Operator: Unknown
Rollout: Unknown
First Deployment: Unknown
Accommodation: Cockpit located in unknown location
Dimensions: overall height 16.2 meters
Weight: overall weight 34.7 metric tons
Construction: Ardanium Alloy Variant (Unknown Type)
Powerplant: Creation core reactor, power output unknown
Propulsion: High output thrusters x many, power output unknown; high-output turbines x 2, located in legs
Performance: Maxium acceleration 6.92 g's; maximum ground running speed 105 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 355 km/h; atmospheric re-entry capabilities
Equipment and design features: Sensors, range unknown;
Fixed armaments: High-output Beam Launcher x 1, located in mid-torso, power output rated at 15.2 MWs (able to work in ocean environments); Beam Nozzle x 10, located in fingers, power output rated at 2.0 per nozzle; Beam Shield x 2, stored on arms, power output unknown
Optional armaments: High-output Beam Trident x 1, power output rated at 4.5 MWs

One of the first identified mobile suits which had launched from unknown locations in the Kuiper Belt, it was officially labeled as the UKO-01, and named after the Kuiper Belt Object Orcus. After its first appearance outside of the Kuiper Belt, it seemingly began ending up in the hand of the Neptunian Rebellion. This particular mobile suit is what began the CNS mobile suit production. Due to its originally stagnant line of mobile suits, the Orcus heavily out-performed and out-maneuvered the CNS despite its bulky design, and on multiple terrain.

The Orcus's egg-shaped design, while bizzare at first, actually affords it a great durable defense while thinning out its armor. Not only that, but it makes it ideal for multiple environments; its body allows it atmospheric re-entry, submersive capabilities, and high-mobility flight with its legs drawn into its upper body. This made it an ideal unit to utilize on Neptune; its exterior made it able to submerge to great depths, and while its legs are drawn into its body, its feet transform and act as high-output turbines, allowing for great maneuverability in the water.

However, the Orcus design came with a great flaw. Due to its design, it was seemingly ill-equipped for mounting weaponry, or even holding weaponry in its large hands. Instead, it was equipped with strong fixed equipment. Its mid-torso was equipped with a powerful high-output beam launcher which was capable of working while submerged. This weapon was also useful in easily scrapping the long since outdated units of the Collective Nations of Sol. On top of this mid-torso beam launcher, each of its fingers were equipped with semi-automatic beam nozzles. While this made it fairly hard for the unit to wield weaponry, weaponry did not seem neccesary while wielding such weapons.

Considering its weapons, the unit still had no close combat weapons. After its first few appearances around the Kuiper Belt, the Neptunian-supplied ones began to mount Beam Tridents specifically built to be wielded by the Orcus's hands. Capable of working underwater, it was the ideal close combat weapon for such uses. Thanks to its durable armor as well, it was able to get in close without taking too much damage, and get in good hits.

The Orcus was one of the more superior mobile suits utilized by the Neptunian Rebellion until its harsh end. When the Jargest units were finally put into production, despite their limited weaponry, their decent maneuverability and ability to work well in large groups managed to take down the Orcus units. Despite this victory, more and more new units would continue to roll out of unknown Kuiper Belt Regions to the present date, despite the end of the Neptunian Rebellion.
Turinu

With a new day comes a new franken. Following next in line after the Orcus is the Aethyr Mk. III, otherwise known as "Aethyr Sigma."

64. MVP-X1m Aethyr Mk. III (Sigma) (M)
- Aethyr Sigma Colored

Model number: MVP-X1m
Code name: Aethyr Mk. III (Sigma)
Unit type: Third stage refined atmospheric fighter series type mobile suit
Manufacturer: Remnants of Mars
Operator: Remnants of Mars
Rollout: CY 0379
First Deployment: CY 0380
Accommodation: M-Tracer cockpit in upper torso; standard 2-seater panoramic cockpit functions
Dimensions: overall height 19.52 meters
Weight: overall weight 30.5 metric tons
Construction: Variable Series Hybrid Alloy
Powerplant: Ultracompact fusion reactor Mk. II, power output rated at 14,430 kWs
Propulsion: Etherdrive, power output unknown
Performance: Maximum acceleration 13.24 g's; maximum ground running speed 232 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 425 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities; atmospheric re-entry capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Advanced AI Interface "Jeya"; "Harbinger" Bane System
Fixed armaments: "Phalanx Wave" CIWS x 2, located on upper body, power output rated at 2.0 MWs; Arm-mounted beam nozzles x 4, 2 per arm, power output rated at 2.0 MWs per nozzle; RGLL7841 Type 5 Beam Saber x 2, stored on side skirts, power output rated at 2.0 MWs;
Optional fixed armaments: HVAR-1000 "Hyper Velocity Assault Rifle" x 2, power output rated at 7.2 MWs (semi-automatic firing capabilities); Type R3X "Diamond" Razor Shield x 1, shield acts as anti-ship close combat weapon; Aethyr Crossbow x 1, power output rated at 7.2 MWs (without penetrating bolts); Combination Crossbow x 1, attaches all weapons to shield and crossbow mount for a all-range attack mode
Optional armaments: Arm-mounted funnel package x 2, attaches to left and right arms, contains 3 high-velocity funnels per arm mount (Funnels contain 2 beam guns, rated at 1.8 MWs, and can act as beam sabers (1.2 MWs).)

While the Aethyr E2 Type developed by the Martian Resistance Front is considered one of the last Aethyr variations to be made, a fourth version was developed for use by the Remnants of Mars's Engineered Newtype pilot, Tetha Toues. The fourth variation, dubbed the Aethyr Sigma or Mk. III Type, uses an old Aethyr Mk. II frame and heavily advances upon it with new types of armoring and technologies. The old Aethyr Mk. II internal frame is heavily revamped and redesigned as well as its exterior armor, creating a whole new mobile suit for the Remnants of Mars to employ in its services.

In the hands of Tetha Toues, the Aethyr Sigma truly shines as a high-performance atmospheric fighter mobile suit. Engineered specifically for high-paced combat in situations where heavy g's are placed upon the body, she takes advantage of her specifically trained attributes to abuse enemy pilots in combat. Unlike most mobile suits, the frame of this unit is reinforced with a new type of Variable series alloy, which blends the alloy with a rare metal ore. This new armor allows it to resist heavy g's, allowing the unit to maneuver at high speeds around enemies and perform great offensive tactics.

Most, if not all of its high-speed maneuvers are thanks to its propulsion system, the Etherdrive. Originally a type of propulsion experimented with the MVP-XXX Epsilon, it operates in a similar fashion to the Liftwave System utilized by CNS units; however, this type of unit produces thrust, and requires thruster ports on parts of its body in order to operate efficiently in atmospheric combat. Thanks to this drive though, the Aethyr Sigma is able to match speeds of high end units on the battlefield, even if the technology utilized in its construction is primitive compared to other units. Also thanks to its "Harbinger" Bane System, its performance is able to triple for small bursts of time, though this causes heavy drain on its reactor.

Its weapons reflect the weapons utilized by the Aethyr Mk. II; two beam rifles, a shield built for slashing in defending, and a beam crossbow which can house all these weapons to form an all-range attack weapon. Its armor allows the unit easy atmospheric re-entry, and its thrusters are designed in a way to give it unlimited atmospheric flight capabilities. Thanks to the cockpit it employs, the unit boasts great human-like acrobatics thanks to its trained pilot, making it most efficient on terrain more than in air.

Considering the limited resources the Remnants of Mars can employ, only one Aethyr Sigma is made. It is deployed late CY 0380 in an assault against a CNS facility on Mars, which would later lead to the Second Great War between a martian resistance faction and the Collective Nations of Sol.
Heretic

Sorry I didn’t get my first rating done yesterday, connection problems kept cropping up.

MS Marathon Review No. 1 the Orcus.

I’m going to review this by a few categories. Each out of ten adding up to a possible thirty. And just incase you think I’m being harsh at any time, if I were to grade my own artwork like this, I’d probably only get a total of five.

Overall impression: The Orcus looks solid and well suited for the role it’s designed for. It doesn’t look overtly aggressive or threatening, but it also doesn’t look harmless or passive. The Orcus is somewhere in-between. 5/10

Composition/Consistency: The pars have been assembled fairly seamlessly with no apparent mistakes. Although it doesn’t look like a simple mishmash of parts, the design doesn’t look wholly consistent. Most of the body is smooth rounded edges and curved lines, however everything below the knees is blocky angles as well as the two parts where the join with the torso. 6/10

Artistic Technique: What strikes me first is that the shading is inconsistent. [Its] left shoulder makes it look like light is shining from the left side where most of the rest of the body is shaded as if the light is from the right. I know that shading curved surfaces can be hard, practice and keeping in mind where the light is coming from is the best suggestion I can offer.

One other tip, with curves there usually isn’t quite as crisp a dividing line between light and shadow. I know you use Photoshop or something similar blending the dividing ling with the smudge tool just a little can make a dramatic difference.

The colors are good and mostly consistent but there is more of the darker gray in the arms then on the legs makes the dark gray knees look a little out of place. 3/10

14/30 overall.

My next review will be done ASAP
Turinu

Today is the third out of seven days for my Marathon. With the passing of the previous day, today brings you a new franken. Stepping up to the plate after Aethyr Sigma, is one of my personal favorites, the Samis!

65. SAMIS-1 (CNS-X14) Gundam Samis (M)
- Samis Colored

Model number: SAMIS-1 (CNS-X14)
Code name: Gundam Samis 01
Unit type: Advanced Systems Test Type Mobile Suit
Manufacturer: Phalion Active Industries
Operator: Collective Nations of Sol; Martian Resistance Front
Rollout: CY 0360
First Deployment: CY 0380
Accommodation: samis1 linear cockpit (optional two-seater function)
Dimensions: overall height unknown
Weight: overall weight unknown
Construction: Ardanium alloy, Mk. II variant; Trace series Hybrid Alloy on Gundam head and skirt
Powerplant: Ultracompact Mikarando Type Battery, power output rated at 32,500 kWs
Propulsion: Prototype Liftwave Propulsion System, power output total at 287,500 kgs; leg-mounted thruster x 2, power output unknown; foot thrusters x 4, 2 per foot, power output unknown; verniers/apogee motors x many
Performance: Maximum acceleration (approximately) 8.5 g's; maximum ground running speed 320 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 340 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities; atmospheric re-entry capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 21,500 meters; SAMIS (Synchronized Advanced Mental Integration System) Intelligence Core; Blackbox technology
Optional Equipment: "Symbio" Core Expander x 1, attaches to back, prolongs battery life
Fixed armaments: "Divider" 75mm CIWS x 2, located in head; "Splitter" Heat/Vibration Synch Dagger x 2, located on side skirts; "Requiem" Test Type Beam Pod x 4, located on shoulders, power output rated at 1.0 MWs per beam
Optional fixed armaments: AMARYLIS-X341-G6t High-output Beam Rifle x 1, power output rated at 12.9 MWs, powered by rechargeable e-clip (stores on back skirt); LILAC-AS02-H2z Mobile Deflective Shield x 1
Optional armaments: MAR-SMS1 Shoulder-mounted shield x 2, attaches to left and right shoulder mounts; MAR-BSMG1 Beam Sub Machinegun x 2, power output rated at 3.0 MWs ("Requiem" beam pods can not operate while utilizing the SMGs.)

A couple of years after the Collective Nation of Sol's prime model, the Jargest was released, the CNS was already headed into road blocks in mobile suit development. Their pilots; mainly the Advanced pilots they had been training for some time, were proving to be far too efficient, to the point where the Jargest was incapable of keeping up with their actions and thusly became too costly to maintain at the time. It was then decided that a new, more durable type of frame was needed to put these Advanced pilots in. A single proposed mobile suit design, known as the "Experimental One Series," or "X10" was brought up to the CNS by one of its engineers.

The X10 series proved to be a temporary remedy to the pilot problem, allowing the CNS to continue its production of Jargest units for normal pilots, while creating a new series of "Gundam Type" mobile suits, based on previous historical events, for their Advanced pilots. These "Gundams," produced in a limited quantity were known as the "X10" series. While there were only three basic models constructed, at least 20 were produced for each model, each piloted by a highly skilled Advanced pilot under the wing of the CNS. Unfortunately, the X10 series would soon prove too ill-responsive to the motions of these constantly developing Advanced. It was then the X10 series were halted on the production lines, and the X20 series came under development.

Before the X10 series could be halted however, a fourth mobile suit design had been constructed by one Professor Dichtam Arte. Using theoretical research done on Neptune's Varm Research Facility, the idea behind this special mobile suit was to create a powerful and advanced control system for a highly tuned mobile suit which would allow a normal pilot to surpass the skills of even an Advanced on the battlefield. The idea was to use the brain, spinal and nervous systems out of a potent Advanced patient and fashion it all into a highly advanced intelligence core system. It was later found out that this particular research surfaced from work on the CNS-X30 Gundam Akaoba.

It was then that a young girl named Samis was found. Orphaned at birth on a Neptune colony, the child exhibited the specific aspects they were looking for; her brain had developed at a more advanced rate than your basic Advanced, and unlike the Advanced of today, still had the potential to develop the many functions Newtypes of the past had wielded. The child was heavily conditioned in the military for five years, and was finally sacrificed in order to construct the Intelligence Core system of the mobile suit. Stringing her body up in the cockpit to a advanced piece of black box technology in the rear, by tapping into her nervous system and stimulating certain parts of the brain while she was in a comatose state, they were able to bring out great reflexive functions within the mobile suit.

However, this was just the tip of the iceberg in this project. It was theorized that by having a pilot capable of synchronizing with her mind, the mobile suit would increase its performance ten fold. When this was attempted using a supposed close friend of Samis at the time, the mobile suit showed beyond the limits of what was predicted; However, the sheer stress on the pilot caused him to kill himself soon afterwards, due to a imperfect synchronization ratio. Considering the death of the pilot during the incident, the mobile suit was put into cold storage in a facility within Mercury. The name of the mobile suit, SAMIS-1 or "Gundam Samis," was stricken from CNS records and databases, and was completely overshadowed by the X20 series project soon after.

The SAMIS-1 (CNS-X14), or "Gundam Samis" is a mobile suit which can increase its potential exponentially with the right pilot, thanks to its specialized Intelligence Core system using the girl named Samis as its central operating core. Also, thanks to much of the black box technology used to construct the unit, despite the fact of being constructed three decades ago, the unit produces much more performance than mass production mobile suits currently in service to the Remnants of Mars and Collective Nations of Sol, though it is somewhat lacking compared to the more high-end models utilized today.

The Samis is equipped with a powerful type of energy battery; not a reactor. The reason the Samis was equipped with a battery was so the Intelligence Core system could not be abused. Despite its high output, the battery is automatically programmed to drain all of its energy in exactly two hours; a function which cannot be reprogrammed. However, a specialized attachment was created for the Samis just in case. Because it uses the Prototype version of the Liftwave System employed by the Lunaris, it produces no thrust and has plenty of hardpoints where thrusters should be; thusly, it is capable of attaching a large "Core Expander" pack onto its back . This not only comes equipped wirth additional sensors and verniers, but attaches a fusion reactor to the mobile suit in order to heavily prolong its operation time. While the mobile suit could return to a ship and recharge, this means was deemed more efficient at the time to keep it on the field.

The weapons of the Samis are fairly basic; its armaments are all mostly high output test versions of the Gundam Lunaris's armaments. Its rifle is a prototype design of the AMARYLIS and features a slightly higher output. Its shield, while same in design to the LILAC, sports a more powerful deflective coating on its surface. It even houses the same beam pod system in its shoulders, capable of producing a constantly changing and streaming beam of particles for a short time. One weapon on the Samis which has yet to be produced in mass number is its specialized "Splitter" Heat/Vibration Synch Daggers; a pair of powerful heat daggers which vibrate at super-sonic speeds, allowing it to cut through most armor like butter. It is believed this Heat/Vibration technology was also replicated by the Martian Resistance Front, for their MaGAU Royal Guard type.

After falling into the hands of the renegade pilots from the Martian Resistance Front, it undergoes a few changes in order to enhance its offensive and defensive performance. A pair of shoulder mounts are added in order to attach a pair of extremely sturdy defensive shields. A pair of Beam Sub Machineguns are also added to its arsenal, which use the reactor plugs to the Beam pods on its shoulders in order to power themselves. It is also outfitted with a more sturdy head design and sensors, and skirt armor is added in order to protect the leg joints from damage.
Heretic

Review No. 2 Aethyr Mk. III (Sigma)

Overall impression: I look at this machine and the first word that comes to mind is reliable. It seems like the kind of machine that is well suited for long drawn out conflicts. Not quite heroic, but I don’t see this machine giving up easily. The kind of machine that keeps going despite damage and odds against it. Through blood and scorched earth. 8/10

Composition/Consistency: One thing I’ve always admired is your ability to make something that’s all blocky angles, yet still sleek. The Mk. III is no exception. The lines are consistent throughout the body and accented in one or two places with curves presenting a single unified design. The only inconsistency is in [its] right thigh. On the left leg the thigh appears to be square at the front where the right looks rounded off. 8/10

Artistic technique: The shading is consistent on the Mk. III but the difference in light and dark is too small to be easily seen. If the shadowed areas were just a shade or two darker it would make it easer to see. The prime colors are good, giving it a utilitarian look. Where as the small amount of brighter colors in just a few spots adds a touch of bold flare. 9/10

25/30
Turinu

In before school! After the Samis, I give you the MVP-MC8C MaAIU, the "Martian Assault and Interception Unit."

66. MVP-MC8C MaAIU (M)
- MaAIU Colored

Model number: MVP-MC8C
Code name: MaAIU
Unit type: Martian Assault and Interception Unit
Manufacturer: Valchryst Alterum, Anariel Milise Subsidary
Operator: Martian Resistance Front
Rollout: CE 0379
First Deployment: CE 0379
Accommodation: Advanced linear cockpit in ejectable escape core system
Dimensions: Head height 17.9 meters
Weight: Empty weight 17.2 tons; overall weight 23.4 tons
Construction: HFRH-Series Alloy
Powerplant: Ultracompact Fusion Reactor, X1 Type, power output rated at 12,596 kWs
Propulsion: "Ärger" High-output thruster package x 2, power output rated at 100,000 kgs; High-output multi-directional thrusters x 8, power output rated at 20,000 kgs per thruster
Performance: Maximum acceleration 15.3 gs (full weight); maximum ground running speed 210 km/h; maximum ground hovering speed 580 km/h; atmospheric flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: battleship grade sensors, range 53,700 meters; "Biegen Sie das Licht" specialized cloaking system
Fixed armaments: "Lanze" beam gun x 2, stored in head, power output rated at 1.5 MWs; "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher x 1, located on left arm, contains: Remote mine package x 10, Time mine package x 10, "Ernten Sie" Beam Claw x 2, power rated at 5.0 MWs (extend to a range of 20 meters)
Optional fixed armaments: "Zerstören Sie Schiff" High-output Beam Launcher x 1, power rating unknown, stores on right shoulder mount; MAR-SV1 Linear Rifle x 1, clip fed, 40 rounds per clip (clips store on rifle), stores on back rack
Optional armaments: "Sprengstoff" Mine Bazooka x 1, clip fed, 5 heavy mines per clip; "Schild" optional beam shield attachment x 1, attaches to top of "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher on left arm; "Stachel" high-speed projectile launcher x 1, attaches to top of "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher on left arm

After the Anariel Milise had left the safety of Valchryst Alterum, it needed a means to strike at the enemy. While their large amount of MaGAU units assisted in offensive and defensive operations, a mobile suit for assaulting and intercepting enemy fleets and destroying them, as well as bases, was required. Thusly, the design concept for the MaAIU was developed on the Anariel Milise, in order to produce such a weapon.

The MaAIU is a unit that sacrifices overall armor protection in order to create large amounts of thrust for high speed hit-and-run tactics. Most, if not all of its fixed and optional armaments are geared towards destroying enemy ships or bases; even those underground. The larger turbine thrusters on its back allow for it to accelerate at speeds over 15 g's, making it probably one of the most fast limited production units ever produced.

The MaAIU comes standard with a specialized ejectable cockpit system. Equipped with verniers and thrusters, the cockpit is capable of acting as a purely high-speed escape device built for space-use only. Another special design implemented on the unit is it's "Biegen Sie das Licht" specialized cloaking system. Utilizing powerful lightwaves produced by the certain portions of the suits armor (denoted by a red glow from certain parts) the unit is made invisible to all sensors, constantly altering the light around it to disrupt sensors into detecting its presence. This allows it to effectively get in close to the ships or bases it needs to eliminate.

Its armaments, as stated, are geared towards the destruction of enemy ships and bases. Its main fixed armament, the "Entfernter" Multi-purpose launcher located on the left arm, stores about twenty remote or timed mines in its arm, which are highly explosive. Launched through a miniature linear catapult between the two "Ernten Sie" Beam Claw ports, they are extremely hard to lock onto and target due to their high speed and small design. These mines can either be remotely detonated from the cockpit of the mobile suit or the flagship it launched from, or set to a timed explosion. These mines are equipped with a highly potent explosive material, designed to leave more than just a dent on a hull; more like a massive tear in the ship.

The "Zerstören Sie Schiff" High-output Beam Launcher is probably one of its primary optional hand armaments. Designed with a focusing lens by its barrel, it releases a highly focused lazer that flows continuously, allowing it to carve out sections of ships or even cause massive damage to enemy bases beneath the surface. The Linear Rifle it carries, the MAR-SV1, is a specially designed "Stealth Rifle" featuring a special high-speed firing mechanism. The rifle launches compact plasma charges at high speeds which explode on contact, making it an ideal rifle for eradiating ground bases, and even infantry. The material the charges are made out of are undetectable by sensors, and thusly can be fired from long ranges without being picked up on any type of radar. The fact that the charges are highly compact allow for large ammunition stores in the rifle, making it quite the deadly weapon.

However, probably one of its most deadly armaments it carries is the "Stachel" high-speed projectile launcher. Built to launch large pikes on the left arms miniature linear catapult, the pikes it launches can pierce through mostly anything due to the high speeds they launch at. However, if equipped with specialized tungsten rods, it becomes a deadly spacial weapons platform. If it were to launch one of these rods from orbit around Earth, it would be capable of taking out key military facilities by launching a rod capable of causing a force equal to a nuclear explosion, without the radiation. Considering the potential danger of this weapon getting out of hand, only one MaAIU has been authorized and is equipped to utilize the tungsten rods properly. A card key system, password verification, and voice recognition system is required to unlock limiters on the weapon for that particular use.
Heretic

Review No. 3 Samis

Overall impression: Imposing and certainly on the aggressive side of things. 9/10

Composition/Consistency:
overall the parts match well on all three variants. However, because most of the Samis’ body is filled with densely packed detail, the lesser detailed legs stand out from the rest. The level of detail drops drastically right at the top of the knee and although the legs are good in themselves, they don’t quite fit with the whole. 5/10

Artistic technique: the shading is much more noticeable and consistent throughout and the colors are good. I would have used more of the darker blue on the body and arms but that’s more personal performance for the color. 8/10

22/30
Turinu

Is Heretic gonna be the only one commenting and rating on these Frankens? I'd prefer more input in order to improve the quality of my frankens in the future. D:.

Aside from this, Number five out of seven, I give you the Gundam Z1 Zephyrus; a fairly simple design which would later pave the way for the X20 series in the story these mobile suits come from.

67. CNS-X21 Gundam Z1 [Zephyrus] (M)
- Gundam Z1 [Zephyrus] Colored

Model number: CNS-X21/1
Code name: Gundam Z1 (Type: Zephyrus)
Unit type: General purpose production type mobile suit
Manufacturer: Collective Nations of Sol, Earth Division
Operator: Collective Nations of Sol; Inquisition Squadron
Rollout: CY 375
First Deployment: CY 375
Accommodation: CNS-TCC1 cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 17.4 meters; overall height unknown
Weight: empty weight 27.22 metric tons; overall weight unknown
Construction: Mercurian titanium alloy; Ardanium alloy, Mk. II variant
Powerplant: Ultracompact fusion reactor Mk. II, power output rated at 10,320 kWs
Propulsion: General output thrusters (Z1 retuned) x 6, power output rated at 30,000 kgs per thruster; Back-mounted hybrid thruster (Z1 retuned) x 2, power output rated at 50,000 kgs per thruster
Performance: Maximum acceleration (Z1 retuned) 10.3 g's; maximum ground running speed (Z1 retuned) 305 km/h; (Z1 retuned) limited atmospheric flight capabilities; atmospheric re-entry capabilities
Equipment and design features: sensors, (Z1 retuned) range 18,500 meters
Fixed armaments: Skirt-mounted semi-automatic beam rifle x 2, power output rated at 4.2 MWs per rifle (non-detachable); MPBT1 Mega Beam Katana x 1, power output rated at 7.9 MWs, replaces MABST1 Beam sabers on back skirt;
Optional fixed armaments: EHVRT331 Hyper Velocity Beam Rifle x 2, power output rated at 5.19 MWs, mount to skirt hardpoints (can be fired from skirt hardpoints)
Optional armaments: SBDST291 Basic Defense Shield x 1

The CNS-X21 model is the first Gundam unit mass produced in large numbers by the CNS military. While the X10 model Gundams were put into limited production, they had proven too restricting to the Advanced pilots. The X21 model, codenamed Gundam Z (Z being short for Zyphas as in Dr. Gerad Zyphas) was a design created based off of the CNS-X14 by Dr. Gerad Zyphas, a scientist in charge of the X20 Project. As the design continued however, it eventually lost most traceable features to the X14. The one thing about the CNS-X21 which made it special in the eyes of the CNS military was its simple form, able to be easily modified in multiple ways to fit the performance of its pilot. Not only that but the mobile suit was capable of keeping up with its ever developing pilots.

The CNS-X21 Gundam Z1 is the first variation made for the Gundam Z. Labeled as Zephyrus, this model retains most, if not all cosmetic relations to the original design, however boasts heavily retuned thruster output and motor control. Thanks to the higher output of its thrusters, it is capable of accelerating at over 3 more g's than its originally intended acceleration. Also, due to the enhanced motor joints it can move more fluidly than the other models, giving it an edge in combat.

While the unit bears the resemblance of the basic CNS-X21 frame, its weapon loadout is completely different. The basic frame utilizes a cartridge-load beam rifle, while the Zephyrus variant sports a dual pair of hyper velocity beam rifles, powered by the suits reactor. This is mostly done to suit the pilots profound trigger-happy nature, which revolves around fast shooting weaponry. Due to this, the skirt-mounted beam guns have also undergone a refinement, sporting a newer internal mechanism to allow for semi-automatic firing capabilities.

When it comes to close combat, the basic CNS-X21 frame sports a pair of MABST1 Beam sabers on its back rack. The Zephyrus model is instead equipped with a large mega beam katana; a pair of handle portions which connect together and form a large and powerful beam katana, powered by the reactor. While it may seem quite radical at first, its pilot puts it to good use when she is engaging in close-range combat, using it to easily slash her enemies apart.

Aside from these changes, the CNS-X21 Gundam Z1 Zephyrus is simply just a retuned variant of the Zephyrus. Despite this, it proves to be a much more worthier unit in battle compared to the basic models. While its first debut is in CY 0375 around the Neptune colony, the unit is soon transferred over to the Inquisition Squadron and sent to Venus, where it would participate in the battle which would later lead to the First Great War between the Martian Resistance Front and the Collective Nations of Sol. The retuning done on the Zephyrus is applied to other CNS-X21 units during the war, making a new line of High Mobility Type CNS-X21 mobile suits in the future.
Heretic

Review No. 4 Pink cha-- I mean MaAIU.

Overall impression: It’s pink O__O. Seriously though the pink color doesn’t detract much form the feel. That being a sleek and --dare I say-- feminine looking interceptor. 7/10

Composition/Consistency: Many of the parts are more recognizable in there origin but they work well together. Although it obviously is a compilation of other machines, it doesn’t look like a patchwork. Presenting a unified image. 9/10

Artistic Technique: I like how the brightness of the pink is contrasted with the dark gray and white to balance the colors out. Although pink isn’t a color I would use, you have used it well. 9/10

25/30
RMakaru

I think many people might not be commenting for a reason similar to mine, i didn't notice that the thread had become a sticky.

Gundam Samis is my favorite out of all of these, especially because of its intricate and very unique torso with the multitude of cables and such. Despite how much seems to be going on in the image it really flows excellently.

The Aethyr Sigma is another interesting design though i see a few flaws in it. The right hand seems a little small and deformed. Also, the logo on the left shoulder makes it look as though the shoulder isnt positioned correctly. I would consider straighing the log out to make it look like a normal part of the armor as opposed to something protruding from it in an odd location. Besides all that, another excellent design.
Heretic

Review No. 5 Zephyrus

Overall impression: Looks angry. Sort of a rough storm-trooper feel to it. Busting down your hanger door in the middle of the night while you scramble to get into your cockpit. It’s good but like the designs so far it just lacks that indefinable little thing needed to push it up to the top. 9/10

Composition/Consistency: The level of detail and the square blocky design are consistent. The left forearm looks wrong, probably the malformed circles on the side. It might look better without the circles at all. The top of the chest just doesn’t seem to fit right, maybe it’s just the positioning or the shape but it just sticks out too much. My eye is being drawn to it and it distracts from the rest of the machine. 6/10

Artistic technique: I like the green and the gray, but the blue just looks so out of place as a contrast color. It sticks out too much. To me a dark red would suit the green so much better. I know this is more the fault of the source line art but the positioning of the feet looks too far off. Like the right foot is raised up on something but the positioning of the leg doesn’t match up, giving the placement of the feet something of a wonky appearance. 5/10

20/30

Since I’m finally caught up on the reviews so far, I wonder if we might start discussing what I would like in return for these reviews. Nothing big really. I want to know if you would be willing to do something of a joint project with me. I’ve noted that you’re strength is doing blocky machines without them turning out too square and awkward looking. That is in essence what I need. I am working on a Gundam design called Highlander and it is intended to be a more blocky design. I currently have most if not all of the different parts assembled in the configuration I want them. if you’re willing I’d like for you do work your line magic on it. Once the lines are set I’ll color it myself since I have specific colors in mind for it.

Are you interested at all?