Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Draco Starcloud wrote:If you're gonna make me specify the Dreadnought H, I reserve the right to slap you upside the head with my Hyper Gundanium Twin Beam Mod Chainsaw. :P
There is no Dreadnought in the mobile suit design, period.

Does that make you happy? >>
Heretic

I admire how you post your unfinished works confidently. I keep my contest projects a secret until they are ready to show. BTW, I’ve changed my design to something I came up with the other night on a whim, since my original project was getting so complex (not to mention big) that it was starting to become unmanageable.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Draco Starcloud

Shori wrote:Does that make you happy? >>
No, but I'm convinced that there's no Dreadnought in the design. :P
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Heretic

Shori wrote:It's name is now Aozora (Blue Sky).
How’s this for a coincidence, some elements of my currant project are inspired by Soukyuu No Fafner. Which, if I’m correct, translates to “Fafner in Azure Sky”
Turinu

Heretic wrote:
Shori wrote:It's name is now Aozora (Blue Sky).
How’s this for a coincidence, some elements of my currant project are inspired by Soukyuu No Fafner. Which, if I’m correct, translates to “Fafner in Azure Sky”
I'm spying on you with spy satellites!

Coincidentally, I was thinking of naming it "Azure Sky," but "Blue Sky" better fit the color scheme for this mecha.

That, and I couldn't find the romaji for Azure; well, I could have, but I was too lazy because the website was being a ***** and wouldn't load properly, so I stuck with what I could gnab at the time. >>
Heretic

Creepy.

Since mine is yet another story Mech, its name is following the theme I’m working with. That being, names from Celtic mythos. I’ve named my machine “Cu Roi,” the name of a mythical Irish sorcerer.
Turinu

Updated!

However, insteads of a Mecha or Ship submission today, It's my second Other submission! This time, I've posted up Uniform designs for the United Nation of Mars (Or Martian Military Directorate, or Mars Militia, basically anything Mars-related that I've been a part of).

Originally my friend Yoku came to me to try and find the old suit designs. However, I didn't like them so I made new ones. Posing in them are five members of the Martian 4th Mobile Battalion. Names of each character are listed in the first post.
bluemax151

Shori wrote: It's name is now Aozora (Blue Sky).
見上げた 青空忘れそう な きせき
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Turinu

I updated once again! I tossed the Aozora onto the list, as well as its just-finished sister unit, the Akairando. Each have information posted below them as well. Do enjoy the designs!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Wow, those look really, really good. I really like your designs, there simplestic a best and the parts go well together.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
RMakaru

Brilliant. Your designs truly are original and have inspired me greatly, especially the more recent ones that are scracthbuilt. I only have one criticism, why is there no front armor on #52? It looks very out of place with the exposed upper legs which also look like they are move forward a bit too much on the machine. Just my two cents, and i just have to congragulate you on your amazing talent with your designs, i find them mindblowing.
Turinu

I didn't find or design good enough skirt armor to go with it. Originally, it's Non-combat form was supposed to be the only one without the skirt, while its other two forms would have it. However, I never got around to truly finding a useful pair to use.
RMakaru

Ah.. that makes a lot of sense, i had that same problem with a suit i designed, i just had to put armor over the front so i drastically changed things on it. It looks good, but i think the armor could be better. Thank you for your response, i understand now, and i can't wait to see your next creation!
Folken Fanel

Hey Shori, how do get your frankens to look so, what's the word I'm looking for? Connected. These suits just look sooo radically different from their base parts. I'd love to know what you do to them.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Turinu

Folken Fanel wrote:Hey Shori, how do get your frankens to look so, what's the word I'm looking for? Connected. These suits just look sooo radically different from their base parts. I'd love to know what you do to them.
I surprisingly have a lot of patience with my out of date Adobe Photoshop, what with it's constant memory crashes and all, >_>.

Basically, it's patience, some skill, and... mostly the line tool in Photoshop. While I never used to use Photoshop in my old designs, all my new ones use it so they connect better. Sometimes I even customize certain parts and designs to give it a more original feel.

I think the "Customization Guide" I wrote up in that one topic explains most of what I do. >>
Folken Fanel

Thanks. I'll try it out. I'm kinda afraid to use the line tool because of my constant caffeine intake.
Turinu

Folken Fanel wrote:Thanks. I'll try it out. I'm kinda afraid to use the line tool because of my constant caffeine intake.
It's easier than you think. I usually don't have steady hands, but I can surprisingly do it steady when it comes to frankens.

The sad thing about my Adobe Photoshop, is that I can only make one mistake. It only undo's one action, so when I mess up, and it messes up big, and I do something afterwards, I can't fix that mess-up.

(I've had to toss a few Frankens because of that...)
Folken Fanel

I know what you mean. Even though my paint program undos three mistakes, I like to play around with my frankens(many coloring them with fruity colors) I've had to toss quite a few frankens.
Turinu

One thing I've always learned when making frankens... Is to have at least Paint opened in three windows and then your basic Photoshop open. That way, you have your base frame in the first, edit it in the second, and paste the finished in the third; just in case you mess up, you can always go back to one or two in order to take parts to fix the third.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/ ... rsigma.png

That's how I've made this one so far. Aethyr Sigma! ^_^
Wingnut

That gentlemen is why you save often when working with stuff like this. So when you screw up, you can go back to a saved copy and do it right.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.