EZero8's Armory

The place to share your artwork.
EZero8

I'm planning on adding the Crash Shield later. I just thought it would be nice to eliminate the need for Vayate by making a balanced Mercurius instead. :twisted:
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

All I can really say about it is 'Eh'.

The Leo Troso is well colored and looks right, but you can still see parts of those grey circles from the Leo's shoulders. The right arm looks a little rough, and the backpack looks totally out of place, and the upper part of the backpack (Where you cut off the other planet defensers) is rough).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

Oh sh**!!! My thread is almost off the first page! :shock:

Gotta save it!!! New Franken:

Gundam Cross-Booster Unit 1 --
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... rUnit1.jpg

With Experimental Beam Rifle --
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... eapons.jpg

No stats yet, since I'm trying to get a second color scheme on it. Feedback is appreciated... :D
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

Thats really well done. I don't see any major obvious mistakes on it. My only comment is that the red on the wrist-things looks out of place. The inside of those thrusters on the legs is brownish, which doesn't go with the rest of the colors. Otherwise, it's fine with or without the rifle.

Ascension

Ordinarily I don't like rounded, organic-looking mechs as much as angle-y, boxy contraptions, but this is the coolest roundy thing I've seen in a while. Good job!

EDIT: Just as a general comment, I think its interesting how many frankens are high-mobility types. You see a ton of high-mo frankens, a good many heavy firepower frankens, and relatively few "standard" MS.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
EZero8

Thanks. A "standard model" is on the way, but currently I'm stuck trying to rush through the last of my summer homework since school is starting on Tuesday for me. Check back soon. :D

Anyways, can anyone name the parts? :wink:
Wingnut

EZero8 wrote:Anyways, can anyone name the parts? :wink:
Here goes, Waist down save for the feet Re-GZ, Don't know what the feet are from. GP-04 torso+shoulders, Space Leo pack, and unknown fuel tanks, GP-01 or 04 head and I can't say where the arm coverings are from. Rifle is GP-04 with your prior custom Leo rifle stock.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
mcred23

EZero8 wrote:Anyways, can anyone name the parts?
I could, but I really don't want to name 'em all.

Head is GP01, torso and shoulders look to be GP04, theres a Leo Space Backpack and thats all that I feel like naming. :mrgreen:

EZero8

Waist down is Re-GZ, with the feet I constructed myself to make it rounder than the Re-GZ's feet. Forearms I constructed using the Heavy Gundam's outline. The head is GP01, the shoulders and torso come from GP04, the backpack from the Space Leo, and the fins/fuel tanks also from the GP04 using the flip-rotate function. :D

Wingnut gets a cookie for guessing correct for most of `em. Red, you get half. :P
mcred23

Can I just get the value of the cookie in Yen?

Anyway, after looking some more, aside from the minor color problems I point out before, I only see one other problem: the Leo Backpack. The lines on one side are wiped out, and it doesn't quite match with the rest of the suit.

EZero8

:|

Looking at it from my comp, both sides match up evenly... where specifically do you see this problem? I want to know so I can fix it for the next color scheme (dark colors anyone?).
mcred23

Oh, I see. I didn't have the page maximized (It was almost totally, yet this caused it to wipe out one of the lines on the backpack. Freaky).

Anyway, dark colors would be nice, but they've been done before. How about trying something other than the normal gundam colors like green or something like that. (Shrug).

EZero8

Sure thing... now I need to find the right hue to match with black and grey... :twisted:

EDIT: Here are the stats for Unit 1--

RX-1000BST-1 Gundam Cross-Booster Unit 1

height: 17.7 meters
weight: 77 tons with full equipment, 60 tons without
powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power rating unknown
propulsion: unknown
equipment/design features: Panoramic Cockpit, Minovsky Drive System (Wings of Light)
fixed armaments: 2x beam cutters/sabers, mounted on forearms over hands, double as beam guns; 2x vulcan guns, fire-linked, mounted on head; 2-tube missile launchers, mounted on side skirt armor
optional hand armaments: Experimental beam rifle, Hyper Mega Cannon
EZero8

Meh, I couldnt find the right green to match the other colors I had planned, so here is Unit 2:

RX-1000BST-2 Gundam Cross-Booster Unit 2
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... rUnit2.jpg

height: 17.7 meters
weight: 77 tons with full equipment, 60 tons without
powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power rating unknown
propulsion: unknown
equipment/design features: Panoramic Cockpit, Minovsky Drive System (Wings of Light)
fixed armaments: 2x beam cutters/sabers, mounted on forearms over hands, double as beam guns; 2x vulcan guns, fire-linked, mounted on head; 2-tube missile launchers, mounted on side skirt armor
optional hand armaments: Multi-purpose cannon (beam machinegun, Twin G-BRD)

With the Multi-Cannon -- http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... eapons.jpg
mcred23

The grey is nice, but I don't like the black chest. It makes it so you can't see any of the details and makes it look... as if it was a rush job (For lack of better terms). The darker red is very nice, although I'm still not sure why those thrusters on the legs have brown on them. All in all, it looks good, but not as good as the first one.

EZero8

I cant really do anything about the "brownish" color on the legs, since they are part of the Re-GZ's shadowed lineart. If I change it to yellow, the spot would look very out of place (tried and true, looks kinda weird).

And I admit, Unit 2 doesnt look too nice compared to Unit 1. Maybe I should color a Unit 3...
The Big Zabowski

Wow, very nice EZ..simple mod, yet it turned out very elegant. Though, I would like to point out that the lower right hand (Left side of the picture) side of the MS, the cross booster is jutting out too far away from the suit. Actually, from that vantage point, the booster could have been omitted or been barely shown, so as to line up with the upper right booster. Or, since it looks sort of funny reversed like that, you could have given a whirl at hand drawing the booster so that it looked more natural instead of pasted on.

That, and aside from the rough contrast of the outlining and the colors..it is done really well for someone that just picked up frankening recently.

*Rewards with possible new Franken rifle design especially for him in the future.* That is, if you still feel that you still need input and help... which I am inclined to think not. ^^;

EDIT: Note, if you did want to color it black, remember that Photobucket or Image shack contrast the image on the darker side (Doi), so actually, you could get away by using a really dark Grey, with black as black can be pannel lines. That's how I did the Jameson, though I will admit that I could have gone lighter on the black. All in all, Black is truly hard to work with in frankening, so try to stick with dark dark grey.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

Thanks for the tip on the black Big Z, I'll use it well... :D

Anyways, I feel ready to take new challenges. Anyone have suggestions for any parts for a new MS? :wink:
The Big Zabowski

No problem, EZ. New challanges..why not try something I don't have the cahones for an try to splice up legit lineart? Wait, you do have Photoshop, right?

(Also won't dop regular lineart because his Photoshop is acting up..but that's for another thread.)
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

Nope, I've been using MSPaint for the past month doing these designs.

Ehhh... maybe sooner or later I'll do legit lineart, but for now, the challenge I'm talking about is trying to piece together random parts from suits provided.