EZero8's Armory

The place to share your artwork.
EZero8

Two new Frankens... :?

Deadlock Gundam:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... Gundam.jpg

Prototype Unit (this isnt quite finished yet):
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... peUnit.jpg

For the second one, I'm planning on keeping the limbs gold since they are a pain in the a** to recolor. So what color should I use to match that gold color? Again, feedback is appreciated. :D
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Camille Vidan

If you have a better program than MsPaint, just use the Hue/Saturation bar a bit, then you can color the gold to anything you want.
EZero8

Unfortunately, I dont have anything other than MS Paint. And what bothered me about the recoloring is that the pixels were never the same color, making quick recolor useless... :(

Anyways, is there anything I need to fix on those two?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Camille Vidan

Hm in this case try to recolor the blue (or maybe even red ) parts to yellow. I think they'll fit together nicely.
Turinu

EZero8 wrote:Unfortunately, I dont have anything other than MS Paint. And what bothered me about the recoloring is that the pixels were never the same color, making quick recolor useless... :(

Anyways, is there anything I need to fix on those two?
I suggest you download IrfanView. Very good program to use when you want to franken.
mcred23

The Deadlock isn't very interesting. At first glance, it looks like a recolored GP02A with a GP01 head. It took me a minute to see that the torso is different and there is a beam saber. The head needs cleaned up, as does the right forearm.

The Prototype looks godd, but that could be due to the color. I suggest making the rest of the body something close to gold, otherwise it would look really odd...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

mcred23 wrote:The Deadlock isn't very interesting. At first glance, it looks like a recolored GP02A with a GP01 head. It took me a minute to see that the torso is different and there is a beam saber. The head needs cleaned up, as does the right forearm.
The head is from the GP03, the torso and shoulders from the Sniper II, and the forarms from the Alex (I cut out the area where the gatlings would be). I admit, it doesnt look too special, but I need the practice. :D
The Prototype looks godd, but that could be due to the color. I suggest making the rest of the body something close to gold, otherwise it would look really odd...
Good or odd? :?:

And here are some fixes to the Prototype Unit:

Recolor -- http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... eUnit2.jpg

With beam bazooka -- http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... eapons.jpg

Again, feedback is appreciated. :D
mcred23

EZero8 wrote:Good or odd?
Sorry, internet was dieing as I typed that. :oops:

It was ment to be 'good'.

Now, the recolor looks pretty good. The torso needs cleaned up, as it looks fuzzy and I think some work needs to be done on the legs, as it looks like it has two sets of knees...

EZero8

Well, I intended for the legs to be like that. For the torso, something like this?

Basic look: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... eUnit3.jpg

With beam bazooka: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... apons2.jpg

EDIT: Might as well post the specs to the Prototype Unit here too...

GXB-9910-X (Unnamed mobile suit for now)

height: 17.4 meters
weight: 82 tons with full equipment, 70 tons without
powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power rating unknown
propulsion: unknown
equipment/design features: Panoramic Cockpit, Anti-Beam Coating, Incom System
fixed armaments: 1x beam saber, stored on backpack recharge rack, hand carried in use; 2x beam vulcan guns, fire-linked, mounted on head; 2x Incom units; 1x High Mega Cannon, mounted on head
optional fixed armaments: grenade launcher, mounted on forearm; missile rack
optional hand armaments: beam rifle; experimental beam bazooka
Last edited by EZero8 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ascension

Ah, the troubles of Frankening anything golden... I started doing a cross between the God/Burning/Whatever Gundam in super mode and the Hyaku Shiki only to find that they were two entirely different shades of gold.

You did much better with your prototype there!
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
tofu-speed

I like your prototype gundam but I think that you should also make the skirt panels gold to give it more of a color consistency.
EZero8

I got a new Franken done.

GXB-9900-S Slayer Gundam: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... Gundam.jpg

height: 17.4 meters
weight: 84 tons with full equipment, 70 tons without
powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power rating unknown
propulsion: unknown
equipment/design features: Panoramic Cockpit, G-Controller, Microwave System
fixed armaments: 1x beam saber, stored on backpack recharge rack, hand carried in use; 2x beam vulcan guns, fire-linked, mounted on head; 4x multi-launchers (machine cannons, missile launchers, flash bang), mounted on torso; 1x Satellite Cannon, mounted on backpack, mounted over shoulder in use
optional hand armaments: beam rifle; beam cannon

Once again, feedback is appreaciated. :D
mcred23

This one is probably the best so far. There is no fuzzyness or rough parts like on the others. The chest looks odd, with the white streak across the cockpit and the white part of the chest. I don't know if those are intended or not, but the upper chest's white/blue coloring looks odd to me.

EZero8

Well, the torso came like that from the Gundam X. The white streak came like that on the green, and the white/blue area too. It seemed to work well enough without any work done to it, so I left it as is. :D

Can anyone name the other parts I used? :wink:
mcred23

Ah. I'm just not used to seeing the Gundam X in Simmons-like form. :roll:

The other parts? Hmm...I see one Mark II beam saber on there. The head is familiar but I'm not sure of it (It might be the Alex, but I doubt that). Then again, I haven't looked at Simmons stuff in so long, I can't remember what half of it looks like. :|

EZero8

Added a beam rifle to the Slayer:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... eapons.jpg
Now... lets see how it would look with the beam bazooka... :twisted:
Ascension

That front skirt armor that's on the Slayer is from G-Saviour, if I remember correctly... I'd guess that the whole legs are since they have "knee-under-the-skirt-armor" syndrome like I think I remember the G-Saviour having.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
EZero8

Correct Ascension! Now what about the other parts?
The Big Zabowski

Arms from G-Savior Terrain, Hips/Skirt/Legs from G-Savior Space type, Head from G Savior (Both are identical), Backpack from Gundam X (Original, Durr..) and Left thruster/saber assembly from the Mk-II.

For your fourth franken, EZ..you are getting hella good. Just work on fixing (read obsessing) over pixel details in zoom and the frankens will look A LOT better (Not that they aren't good now..just that they will look amazingly clear). Trust me, pixel by pixel makes the franken world go round..at least in my book. :wink:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. So far, I'm satisfied with what I've made. It wouldnt look like this if it werent for the suggestions I've been getting too. As of now, I'm hoping to get half as good as the stuff posted in the Franken Contest. Believe it or not, I'm already using zoom, albeit not as much as I would if I was really gunning for perfection. :D

Anyways, more to come! :wink: