Custom Lineart Request Thread: Lucky Number Seven

The place to share your artwork.
raystin

Re: Custom Lineart Request Thread: Lucky Number Seven

Thanks :) Looks great so far.I honestly don't know how you do that...never had much success trying to recolor on my own...
I'd like to request some changes to the thing though...(maybe I'm just being picky,sorry)
I'd like to have the greenish blue changed to red,the top left and right yellow things on the chest turned to black(if you know what I'm talking about,if not I can just get out Microsoft point and draw arrows),the red made brighter,and that darkish grey part on the crotch recolored in the lighter shade.Yeah,at this point,I think I'm just being picky.Sorry.Basically,I want it in the Wing Ver. Ka Strike Noir colors Beertax did(except for the wings,they're great!)...Probably should had said that in the beginning to be clear.My bad.
If it's not too much trouble,can I ask for 1 version with red eyes and 1 with yellow before u start shading it?So I can see which looks better?Many thanks.
Edit:For the red,maybe something like this:http://www.elpasopowdercoating.com/imag ... mb_red.jpg?Or if that's too bright and in your opinion doesn't work well,the red from the Wing Gundam might work:http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Gundam.jpg...
Would a coconut bomb be possible?
Wolfman

Wolfman wrote:Somebody once did a Ra Cailum in SDF-1 DYRL colors, but I can't seem to locate the image. Does anyone have any idea as to where I might find it, or is willing to do it themselves, using MAHQ's art? If I could have it done using the Gundam Unicorn version of Ra Cailum, I'd really appreciate it.

Here's Ra Cailum: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca/racailum.htm

Here's the SDF-1: http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/ ... ruiser.gif
Bump!
"For a brick, he flew pretty good." -Sgt. Maj. Avery J. Johnson, Halo 2
MarshalBraginsky

Hi, I'd like to request for a Gundam that I wanted made for my future fanfiction about an entirely different Gundam universe. I want the custom Gundam to be a cross hybrid between the Sinanju and the Double X. Later on, could I also request for mass produced unit lineart as well?
raystin

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Hi, I'd like to request for a Gundam that I wanted made for my future fanfiction about an entirely different Gundam universe. I want the custom Gundam to be a cross hybrid between the Sinanju and the Double X. Later on, could I also request for mass produced unit lineart as well?
Uhhhh...I don't mean to be rude or anything...but shouldn't you be a bit more specific?A cross hybrid has multiple possibilities...
MarshalBraginsky

I want the custom Gundam to have the body of the Sinanju but with less number of verniers, and a cross-like thruster, with Gundam Double X's cannons. When the cannons point at the target, the thrusters give out blue particles.
Bryant Molirse

Here Raystin.

Since you chose to have the chest camera red, you got red crown cameras, with yellow eyes, and sub cameras. Before anyone says anything I'm gonna point something out. If you look at any official gundam art, nearly every machine uses two different lens colors to differentiate the usage of the cameras, and I attempt to match that type of lay out. Personally I feel this makes the machine look much nicer.

Now this is a little note I meant to post before, but I will do so now. I will not be changing my style, as I am trying to make my stuff look official because I want to improve as an artist, and not put out images that look like they belong in the back of Gundam Ace with a by line of having been done by a 5 year old. I was pretty ticked off the last time something came up with me pointing out how something looked flawed. If you don't use enough color the stuff ends up looking like it was done by the aforementioned 5 year old. If this sounds like a rant, it is. I spend at least 3 hours on each image I make, usually a lot more, and I do this because I want to, and to try to help people out, but if it gets to the point it did before, I'm done. Anyways next non sense.

Marshal, do you have a color scheme in mind?

EDIT:
Here is the Racalium Wolfman.
Quick and Dirty GenoAce 2 Death
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
Wolfman

Thank you. How about a 0083 Salamis-class in AEUG colors?
raystin

Bryant Molirse wrote:Here Raystin.

Since you chose to have the chest camera red, you got red crown cameras, with yellow eyes, and sub cameras. Before anyone says anything I'm gonna point something out. If you look at any official gundam art, nearly every machine uses two different lens colors to differentiate the usage of the cameras, and I attempt to match that type of lay out. Personally I feel this makes the machine look much nicer.
Excuse me while I go find my jaw,it's on the floor somewhere...
It looks amazing!Thanks so much!
But...and I think I'm being picky again(sorry),and it's not necessarily,could you darken the red cameras a bit ?To be a bit more of a crimson color?And make the V/W/I don't know Fin all yellow?And the ring around the neck turned into red?Sorry about bugging you so much about this...you don't have to of course...
By the way...was the Wing Gundam supposed to have cameras in the ankle armor?If not...can you remove them and just color them black like the rest of the piece of armor?
Last edited by raystin on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deathzealot

Thanks Bryant once more for the wonderful image. Take your time with the other, I am not rush.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Got a relatively simple request for any takers. This is one from a while back that I need for a fanfic project of mine: the Prototype Gundam recolored with the scheme of the Gunner Gundam. To whomever does it, thanks very much in advance. :)
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
MarshalBraginsky

Now this is a little note I meant to post before, but I will do so now. I will not be changing my style, as I am trying to make my stuff look official because I want to improve as an artist, and not put out images that look like they belong in the back of Gundam Ace with a by line of having been done by a 5 year old. I was pretty ticked off the last time something came up with me pointing out how something looked flawed. If you don't use enough color the stuff ends up looking like it was done by the aforementioned 5 year old. If this sounds like a rant, it is. I spend at least 3 hours on each image I make, usually a lot more, and I do this because I want to, and to try to help people out, but if it gets to the point it did before, I'm done. Anyways next non sense.

Marshal, do you have a color scheme in mind?

EDIT:
Here is the Racalium Wolfman.
Quick and Dirty GenoAce 2 Death
The whole body could be colored in Persian Green, with some Blue and White stripes. The custom Gundam that I requested.
Bryant Molirse

raystin wrote:

But...and I think I'm being picky again(sorry),and it's not necessarily,could you darken the red cameras a bit ?To be a bit more of a crimson color?And make the V/W/I don't know Fin all yellow?And the ring around the neck turned into red?Sorry about bugging you so much about this...you don't have to of course...
By the way...was the Wing Gundam supposed to have cameras in the ankle armor?If not...can you remove them and just color them black like the rest of the piece of armor?
Seriously? Seriously? And you aren't being picky, your straight up being greedy. Did you even look at the picture before you started making a list of changes? Wanting the camera a bit darker is one thing, which I have no problem doing, but after asking (points at your own request) for it to be and I repeat the colors of that model, which I did, you suddenly want layout changes after I get it done. the collar was black on the kit, and the v fins were two separate colors on the model as well.

As for the ankle cameras, look at the art, it is supposed to be cameras, but they took out the lenses for simpler animation. If you put some of the model kits together they come with stickers for them. Hell plenty of them have stickers for rear facing cameras as well, not just on the back of the head, but the calve sections of the legs as well.

Here's the changed one.
raystin

Bryant Molirse wrote:
raystin wrote:

Seriously? Seriously? And you aren't being picky, your straight up being greedy. Did you even look at the picture before you started making a list of changes? Wanting the camera a bit darker is one thing, which I have no problem doing, but after asking (points at your own request) for it to be and I repeat the colors of that model, which I did, you suddenly want layout changes after I get it done. the collar was black on the kit, and the v fins were two separate colors on the model as well.

As for the ankle cameras, look at the art, it is supposed to be cameras, but they took out the lenses for simpler animation. If you put some of the model kits together they come with stickers for them. Hell plenty of them have stickers for rear facing cameras as well, not just on the back of the head, but the calve sections of the legs as well.

Here's the changed one.
Sorry...you're right...I'm being greedy...However about the ankle cameras and the ring around the neck,the MG never came with the stickers for the cameras(or at least mines didn't),so I didn't know they were cameras,and the ring was indeed red on the kit,not black:http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x309 ... 1342200687
However...My apologies about the ring,it's very hard to see in the first picture I linked,so that was entirely my fault.
Bryant Molirse

This is not finished as I haven't added the cannons to the back, but something like this Marshal?
MarshalBraginsky

Bryant Molirse wrote:This is not finished as I haven't added the cannons to the back, but something like this Marshal?
Yes, that is an epic win. All we need left is the Gundam head, and the shield could resemble Double X's shield.
Gardner1701

Gardner1701 wrote:
Gardner1701 wrote:okay...giving up on my two requests for two new ones:

01: A Gundam with the head of the Quanta, the chest and shoulders of the Strike, the arms of the Unicorn (unicorn mode where the beam sabers also functions as beam sub-machine guns), and the legs and skirt armor of the AGE-1.

Quanta
Strike
Unicorn
AGE 01

02: Another Gundam with the head, shoulders, arms and legs of the F91 (VER.KA.), all connected to the chest of the 1.5 Gundam

F91
BUMP
DOUBLE BUMP
Sume Gai

Hey Bryant, it's always awesome to see you doing requests again. *passes Bryant an "Official Badass" badge*

I don't want to seem impertinent or anything but a while ago you started work on this:
Sume Gai wrote:I'd like to get this done but this time I have some more specific instructions than usual.

the Torso, Shoulders and Arms of the GM wagtail use the hip plates of a Nemo, the legs of the Gundam Alex with the knees of the Gundam Sadalsuud Cap it all off with the head of the Deathscythe Xer Ka and color the whole thing in a Tan and dark grey/black color scheme and make the knee condensers look like this.

From there one only needs to add (if possible) short bowed cylinders that hand under the fore-arms (with the wrist end looking like the knee condensers), Small golden tips to the fingers and another of those circles (slightly smaller than the Knee or fore arm mounted ones) to the back of the left hand.
It was looking good so far and I was wondering if you'd be willing to finish the Job? I don't mind either way but I'd love to see this completed if it isn't too much.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wolfman

Since it's been over two weeks since my Ra Cailum request was fulfilled, could I possibly get this with the shield from this colored to match in place of the shield in the first image?

I know it was done at one time, but the wayback machine hasn't been of any help in finding it again, and neither has Yahoo. If you people could find it in your hearts to either find a copy of the art in your archives, or do it all over again, I'd be most grateful.
ShadowCell

this?

i honestly don't remember where i got that from >>
Gardner1701

Gardner1701 wrote:
Gardner1701 wrote:
Gardner1701 wrote:okay...giving up on my two requests for two new ones:

01: A Gundam with the head of the Quanta, the chest and shoulders of the Strike, the arms of the Unicorn (unicorn mode where the beam sabers also functions as beam sub-machine guns), and the legs and skirt armor of the AGE-1.

Quanta
Strike
Unicorn
AGE 01

02: Another Gundam with the head, shoulders, arms and legs of the F91 (VER.KA.), all connected to the chest of the 1.5 Gundam

F91
BUMP
DOUBLE BUMP
.....TRIPLE BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!